• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boof

What's to stop Blizzard from making dummy accounts then creating the best items and selling them for 100% profit?

Definity

Hey blizz where the fuck is mah SMS code for my auction. I want my moneys before all the stupid people go to sleep.

Vodh

I've got 230+ hours played, split pretty eveny across all characters, leveled them all to 60 without any ZK exploits and shit. It's been a blast and I still love the game, gonna keep playing for a long time.

Except now I feel like a fucking idiot, when RMAH starts in EU if the prices are remotely as high as the US if I put all the 230 hours in one char and hoarded some nice things I'd be on my way to buy a new PC sometime this week... I really didn't expect people to pay >$50 for anything that wasn't a near perfect roll, jumping on the skeptic bandwagon of "yeah, you think you're the only one whose great plan is to make big bucks on RMAH?"

Oh well, time will tell if the insane prices will hold.

Dahbomb

What's to stop Blizzard from making dummy accounts then creating the best items and selling them for 100% profit?
Absolutely nothing.

I am actually really surprised Blizzard put a max price cap of $250. I can bet you they can make an account and "develop" a perfect roll top end item and put it on the RMAH for $500.

LegoDad

Is health Regen, 50% in inferno?

And do my stats look better after 3 days of farming goblins? Want to move on to Act 3.

AYQ85.jpg

Totakeke

Not that it's not expected, but calling customer support, estimated wait time 37 minutes, amount of time I've been on this call, 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Absolutely nothing.

I am actually really surprised Blizzard put a max price cap of $250. I can bet you they can make an account and "develop" a perfect roll top end item and put it on the RMAH for $500.

Why do that? A couple expensive rares here in there is a drop in the bucket compared to all the transactions fee's they're pulling in.

Glix

Did they say something about an IPHONE app at any point to manage your AH stuff?

Man, that would fucking destroy my life

Zanosuke

Something not related to the RMAH.

My friend is leveling his wizard. He's on hell right now and getting worked. Level 51/52 I think. Anyway ... to the wizards of GAF, what builds did you use for hell?

Thanks!

I used energy armor/force armor, diamond skin/crystal shell, familiar/sparkflint, blizzard/frozen solid, left MB shock pulse/piercing orb, right MB disintegrate/volatility or Hydra venom. Passives: evocation, astral presence and cold blooded.

That build took me through hell fairly easy.

Did they say something about an IPHONE app at any point to manage your AH stuff?

Man, that would fucking destroy my life

The final step is to just separate out the AH into a browser-based or mobile app so that we can forgo playing the actual game once and for all. Final Solution to the Diablo III question.

V_Arnold

I'm surprised you can even kill a goblin with that dps.

Tell me about it, I sometimes fail at killing goblins with 20k+ dps (that is with defensive gear and boring hydra/blizz build, but still), when they start with running away, it is basically a lost goblin. And it is so rare to encounter one as I am not farming them.

V_Arnold

Absolutely nothing.

I love the tinfoil-theories regarding this. The most beautiful part of RMAH for Blizzard is that they get the money with every transaction they have. If they wanted an Item Store, and not an Auction House, they would have done that. They did not.

This way, the players benefit, therefore the players come and they stay active.

squidyj

You think they care about eroding trust when they can make so much money doing this "legit"?

basically this. they charge 15% on every transaction, they are better off encouraging a stronger market by working to build confidence in it than they can by trying to exploit it for "quick bucks"

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Shame I can't access the RMAH or have anything worth selling. Can't believe the prices some people are paying.

I used energy armor/force armor, diamond skin/crystal shell, familiar/sparkflint, blizzard/frozen solid, left MB shock pulse/piercing orb, right MB disintegrate/volatility or Hydra venom. Passives: evocation, astral presence and cold blooded.

That build took me through hell fairly easy.

Thanks ... I sent this to him. I keep telling him to get to inferno so we can play together.

There is so much room for arbitrage right now it's hilarious.

If the gold AH was up it would be even worse.

You can buy a 30% Stormshield for $100 on the RMAH

You can sell a 30% Stormshield on the gold AH for 20 million gold.

You can sell gold for $9 / million on trade forums.

Boom, you just made $80 for doing nothing.

Ningo

So my mate rings me this morning because the patch won't work, keeps saying a file is corrupted.

So I turn on my computer and.....

wtf

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So my mate rings me this morning because the patch won't work, keeps saying a file is corrupted.

So I turn on my computer and.....

wtf

Delete that mpq file and then restart the launcher. Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom