• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How long until people make longer runs on elite and realize killing bosses is kind of hard and pointless now compared to just finding more elites?

Killing Azmodan totally isn't worth it now. lol, what the hell's the point anymore?

Compared to before, I should say. Before, I was able to kill him as he was summoning his third blood pool. Now, it takes longer, and I have to dodge 1 or 2 rounds of blood pools. It takes longer, and I have a greater chance of dying to a random laggy pool. With repair costs higher, the risk is greater, the time spent is greater, and the reward is less.

It's just faster/easier to make a new game and start all over. I'll still kill him in co-op farming, though, since with multiple people, it's easier to switch to MF gear at the end.

Hehehe.

They need to make the incentive to do both.

scosher

Has Blizzard ever commented about why the Auction House is so shitty? Why can we only search for three properties at a time, for example?

At least they finally added cold dmg weapon filter lol. Just got a bow for my Scoundrel with Dex, Atk speed, and Cold dmg.

Changes I'd like to see for AH:

- Ability to save search settings
- 6 Filters
- Filter for DPS
- Sort by time remaining
- Use of 'TAB' key to hop between search filters
- Shift-clicking any item in the Sell tab or even in the Search window will put the stats of that item into the filters, so one can more easily compare prices.

Takuan

Then people who spam the spacebar to skip dialogue get disconnected too. It's like they go "hey, we should do this to stop people from doing this thing we don't like" then they just do it without testing it.
I don't know that this actually happens. I didn't know about this and was indiscriminately space-spamming through all the dialog in Act 1 Hell when I was taking a friend through it. Never once got kicked for it.

rCIZZLE

How long until people make longer runs on elite and realize killing bosses is kind of hard and pointless now compared to just finding more elites?

I noticed this after my first butcher kill where I got 2 rares with 306MF. Fuck. That.

They really did mess up with putting so much priority on killing elites and none on killing bosses. Why can the random dumb zombie outside the gates of town in A1 drop the same stuff as Diablo? There should have been another couple tiers with bosses being the only ones that can drop them. Get the stacks required to get a rare -> kill boss for potentially amazing gear. Everybody wins.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't know that this actually happens. I didn't know about this and was indiscriminately space-spamming through all the dialog in Act 1 Hell when I was taking a friend through it. Never once got kicked for it.

I haven't experienced it myself. I just know that it was happening to Kripp when I was watching his stream last night.

Volodja

A pack of Champions just now went from having no health to full health while they were one step away from me, I basically landed one of the last punches to the mob and BAM full health.

TommyT

Spending millions of gold so that I can take two or three more hits is pointless. Yes, I know, Shadow Power + Gloom, but the second it wears off and an oppressor or angel bum rushes you from off screen, it's game over.

That's me though. The guy that can afford the upgrades. Most people can't. What are they supposed to do?

Basically.

You don't have to spend millions to survive two or three hits. For the specific mob you mentioned, possibly (and even then obviously you can get by them somehow or no DH would ever have gotten to Diablo on Inferno). However in the 95% of the game before that you surely don't. By the time you do get to those mobs, if you're still running a spec (gear/skill) where that can still happen to you then you know what you're getting into.

Are those aforementioned mobs frustrating? Yes. I don't get why people complain like the entire game is full of them or use them as a base of an argument when they're in an isolated area. It isn't like they're all over the place making it impossible to do anything.

rCIZZLE

It kills me that all the rage is coming from demon hunters and wizards who are going broke from repair costs now, but still somehow think the solution is not to sacrifice some dps for survivability.

Anyone saying that stacking survivability wont allow you to survive, or that its impossible to keep same dps is straight up wrong. Full stop. Expensive? Farm easier content. This is, after all, a game whose entire appeal comes from farming

I really dont get it

I tried building a "tank" DH and he still got 2 or 3 shot in A3 and did a lot less damage. The glass cannon thinking is along the lines of kill them quickly and you won't have as many chances for mistakes.

The repair costs do kind of suck but even worse is elites randomly regening health if I kite a little too far. It's annoying to the point that I'm in the process of selling my entire DH and gearing up my original character, barb.

you can justify the broken mechanics., if you realize you are still in the beta of D3.

it totally helps

It's a release candidate! It's like we are all playing Minecraft two years ago! We're paying for the privilege of being in on the ground floor. When they officially release D3, those suckers who are waiting will have to pay more than us!

I tried building a "tank" DH and he still got 2 or 3 shot in A3 and did a lot less damage. The glass cannon thinking is along the lines of kill them quickly and you won't have as many chances for mistakes.

The repair costs do kind of suck but even worse is elites randomly regening health if I kite a little too far. It's annoying to the point that I'm in the process of selling my entire DH and gearing up my original character, barb.

The kiting thing i agree is really fucked

forrest

formerly nacire
Pretty sure it's retroactive. One of my weapons went from 700dps to 630dps. It took a while to recognize the IAS got dropped.

Yup I had a 1088 dps with 25% IAS and another 1000k dps with 24% IAS and would occasionally use them for fun. The attack speed was absolutely ridiculous. Anyhow, I still have them both now, but meh, both of their dps values have dropped significantly and the machine gun effect is quite a bit less now. Also if the values were dropped 50% how does 25% IAS become 11% IAS?

Neki

Do it. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not trying to sound too much like a douche here, but for those DH's who AREN'T having a hard time right now...Can you post a pic of your gear/stats?

Also curious as to if WD's are fairing well post patch? I have a low level WD that I might start playing with. I'm really discouraged with my DH currently, ha.

garath

At least they finally added cold dmg weapon filter lol. Just got a bow for my Scoundrel with Dex, Atk speed, and Cold dmg.

Changes I'd like to see for AH:

- Ability to save search settings
- 6 Filters
- Filter for DPS
- Sort by time remaining
- Use of 'TAB' key to hop between search filters
- Shift-clicking any item in the Sell tab or even in the Search window will put the stats of that item into the filters, so one can more easily compare prices.

I love all these suggestions. Bare minimum I'd want the 6 filters. 3 is too restrictive.

Not trying to sound too much like a douche here, but for those DH's who AREN'T having a hard time right now...Can you post a pic of your gear/stats?

Also curious as to if WD's are fairing well post patch? I have a low level WD that I might start playing with. I'm really discouraged with my DH currently, ha.

I only had 2 items with attack speed on my WD so it didn't hit me too hard.........

Sothpaw

I have a low level WD that I might start playing with. I'm really discouraged with my DH currently, ha.

Don't do it man. Zombie bears is bugged until the next patch, and the ias nerf severly gimped the other viable wd build (splinters kiting). WD is not the answer you're looking for at the moment.

Ferrio

Banned

DH is the only class without any defenses with passives on it too. Hell most of DH's passives are straight up trash, could of replaced one of those useless ones with a damage mitigation one like everyone else.

Neki

OocyA.jpg

I'm the last person you should ask though. :p

Don't do it man. Zombie bears is bugged until the next patch, and the ias nerf severly gimped the other viable wd build (splinters kiting). WD is not the answer you're looking for at the moment.

which is awesome because WD is the one i spent all last weekend getting to 56.

Woo-Fu

Banned
My Witch Doctor is boned. Spent 12 million today trying regain some of my lost DPS via crit chance/damage, just ended up in the same place without 12m dollars, with even less IAS, and less run speed.

Think I might take a break, hope the class gets a buff in an upcoming patch. Only other option is about 10,000 Act 1 elite hunts or reroll, neither of which I find very appealing.

Bliany

Staying on the topic of DH gearing, I just reached inferno am searching for new rings on the AH. I'm mainly looking at Dex and all resist right now. Is that smart or should I be prioritizing something else?

I found one going for 1 mil (pretty much all my current gold)
+12-22 damage
+107 dexterity
+47 resist all
+405 lok

I haven't quite figured out the average prices for lvl 60 gear yet so I have no idea if this is a good deal. Thanks!

DSmalls84

My Witch Doctor is boned. Spent 12 million today trying regain some of my lost DPS via crit chance/damage, just ended up in the same place without 12m dollars, with even less IAS, and less run speed.

Think I might take a break, hope the class gets a buff in an upcoming patch. Only other option is about 10,000 Act 1 elite hunts or reroll, neither of which I find very appealing.

I think i'm going to sell off my Wd gear. I really don't see myself playing the character over my barb or any of the other classes anytime soon. I was pretty hyped for him prerelease and was hoping he would basically be like the necro from D2, but after my 120 hours I just didn't enjoy the play style.

Now that I have 6+ million, what should I blow it on

All the WD despair on this page makes me not want to buy anything now and keep hoarding gold actually...........kinda glad I'm in Europe in July and maybe things will be easier when I get back to D3 :p

Sothpaw

I think i'm going to sell off my Wd gear. I really don't see myself playing the character over my barb or any of the other classes anytime soon. I was pretty hyped for him prerelease and was hoping he would basically be like the necro from D2, but after my 120 hours I just didn't enjoy the play style.

What you don't like nonstop kiting and spitting on monsters over and over?

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member

From what I've read about terrible pets, it sounds like the WD is like the necro from D2.

You know, before they patched minions to be actually useful.

Erehael

Neo Member
Any EU Gaffers willing to help me with Belial on Inferno? Can't get past the third phase... :(
I'll be on for about 2 hours. Erehael#2810.

Nafai1123

Banned
Enrage on elites is fucking stupid. Two friends and I tried were doing OK in the beginning of Act 2. Then we hit a pack of elite Threshers with immune affix. We literally couldn't attack them 50% of the time and as soon as enrage kicked in we all died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom