• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuly

Damn the repair costs are really hitting some people hard, just had a friend quit this game because he can't afford shit anymore. He was a DH btw.

I also had another friend who got so pissed at the repair costs that he decided to get a bot to just farm for him o_O

And he doesn't even care if he's banned! He just says that Blizzard made an unfair game so why play it fair? I mean I understand why he's mad but that is no excuse to use a bot. I hope other people isn't thinking the same way as him..

I ran out of money today thanks to repairs and AH. I just decided to take it as a chance to clear my stash and put some stuff on "sale" and take a rest from D3. lol

Ketch

Just got my first big find of the game, from act 1 spider queen.

big%20find.png

There's nothing even remotely close on the RMAH... what do you guys think?

How do you find games like this though. That's my problem. You have to know people, because joining is a crapshoot. Could be people questing or farmin or whatever

Oh, I play solo

Act III is still giving me problems but Act II ZK and packs are pretty easy for me right now..........Act I isn't dangerous anymore

inky

How long until people make longer runs on elite and realize killing bosses is kind of hard and pointless now compared to just finding more elites?

Already happening. Mission accomplished I guess, Blizz.

Wow, Natalya's Soul with dex seem to go for insane amounts... There are a couple for $100-$200 (I don't see those selling) and some for 10 mill with bids on them, and still a lot of time left. Kind of wondering what AH I should try.

Tom Penny

I have no issues with the patch. I certainly got more rares to drop which theoretically increases the odds of good loot. Im not sure how people are complaining the loot is actually worse.

mileS

big%20find.png

I think when DH's go for the 1hand they usually look for discipline. I could be wrong though. Either way the stats are sick, so you could end up selling for a good price (sorry I can't help you out here)

big%20find.png

If there's nothing remotely close then throw it up there for $250. What's the worst that could happen?

I don't know much about what DH's are looking for in a weapon other than DPS, vit, and dex, though.

Neki

Just did Ghom. He throws a lot more gas now, lol. I beat him just before the room filled up completely, but the gas only did 800 damage a tick with shadow power up.

Ketch

If there's nothing remotely close then throw it up there for $250. What's the worst that could happen?

I don't know much about what DH's are looking for in a weapon other than DPS, vit, and dex, though.

that's my plan... i think the 97% crit damage is redonk.. the highest ive ever seen before has been like in the 40s

sleepykyo

Damn the repair costs are really hitting some people hard, just had a friend quit this game because he can't afford shit anymore. He was a DH btw.

I also had another friend who got so pissed at the repair costs that he decided to get a bot to just farm for him o_O

And he doesn't even care if he's banned! He just says that Blizzard made an unfair game so why play it fair? I mean I understand why he's mad but that is no excuse to use a bot. I hope other people isn't thinking the same way as him..

Seems to be Diablo 3 in a nutshell.

Progress through inferno should be slow. 7k wizards, glass cannons, monks pull ahead. Force Armor, SS and MoH get nerfed.

Inferno is the ultimate gear check and elites are supposed players. Players figure it is more efficient to gear up via chests and goblins. Said methods get nerfed.

I haven't seen such a difference between the ways designers wanted the game to be played and the way players think the game should be played since DoA4.

edit:
4-Stack Neph Valor Inferno Diablo kill: 7 vendor blues. I don't know whether to feel elated or resentful.

Relieved. Cash out and wait for the expansion.

we have a passive that gives 1h crossbows a 10percent crit chance, so it'll go nicely with such a high crit damage. Plus the dex will likely put its dps over 1k. It's a very nice bow.

TommyT

Just bought some gear at the AH. Now how are my chances of surviving Act 2 Inferno?

If you could bump those resists up to 315, and armor to give you 50% total reduction you'd have a better time. HP is decent, but you won't take too many hits. Right now, you're still hovering close to 1-shot range from a high end attack I'd say.

That said, it's doable though with those stats just with some caveats.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone not expecting a NT nerf/fix was out of their mind. It was completely broken. I didn't even know about NT until I hit Inferno and started looking at other DH's who were all using NT. I switched to NT and was like... WTF is this shit? Why the hell would I use any other Hate using move when not only is NT cheaper but gives me insane AOE damage, criticals and massive damage on single large target enemies? It completely shat on every other Hatred user move in the game.

I don't disagree and I'm in the same boat as I was at the end of Act 3 inferno when I stumbled across all the NT hype. But your right, once really tried it, there was no other option. Unfortunately everything else feels pretty busted in the wake of the NT nerf.

Ketch

Goddamn... Demon Hunters don't care about Life on Hit or Life Steal at all?

I don't know... I hope not! I'm thinking that those affect by the IAS nerf will be switching to crit chance/ crit damage..... and like someone else said already What's the worse that could happen?!

wish me luck everyone, daddy needs a new pair of diamond watches.

TommyT

Plenty do. However the problem with 1-handed crossbows is that there are too many wanted stats which makes them all over the place at times.

High DPS usually takes up 2 modifiers.
Then there's + Max Disc.
Crit % damage
Dex
Vit
Slot
Life on Hit / Life Steal

Now, don't forget you can have 2 of those bows so makes it even more fun to find a matching one or one that makes up for the others lack of stats.

alexel

Sure DH do, but it's not the most prominent stat. My personal perfect itemization for a DH amulet goes like this (ordered in importance)

Critical Hit Chance
Attack Speed
Critical Hit Damage
Dexterity
Vitality
Life on Hit

If I could get an amulet like that with high rolls on each property, why that would be the dream.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Has Blizzard ever commented about why the Auction House is so shitty? Why can we only search for three properties at a time, for example?

balddemon

Banned
Found a 1h sword in act 2 with 786dps (upgrade), a socket, and 955 life
after kill :(
. Also has 176 str on it. Def an upgrade over my 744dps socketed 114 vit mace. I'm happy.

This was in act 2 on the pack right before belial with 5 stacks

It kills me that all the rage is coming from demon hunters and wizards who are going broke from repair costs now, but still somehow think the solution is not to sacrifice some dps for survivability.

Anyone saying that stacking survivability wont allow you to survive, or that its impossible to keep same dps is straight up wrong. Full stop. Expensive? Farm easier content. This is, after all, a game whose entire appeal comes from farming

I really dont get it

maharg

idspispopd
Has Blizzard ever commented about why the Auction House is so shitty? Why can we only search for three properties at a time, for example?

Same reason you can't have a decent UI for skill selection that doesn't try to force you to use certain skills in certain slots, I imagine. UI is too hard for Blizzard.

Ferrio

Banned
It kills me that all the rage is coming from demon hunters and wizards who are going broke from repair costs now, but still somehow think the solution is not to sacrifice some dps for survivability.

Anyone saying that stacking survivability wont allow you to survive, or that its impossible to keep same dps is straight up wrong. Full stop. Expensive? Farm easier content. This is, after all, a game whose entire appeal comes from farming

I really dont get it

Well you gotta realize DH doesn't have any built in defenses unlike monk and barb (Except gloom.. but you have to hit it before you know you'll get hit). Also they don't have the natural 30% damage mitigation. We can load up as much defenses as a barb, and still be super squishy.

Neki

Switched the rune on Hungering to Spray of Teeth. A little more fun seeing huge yellow numbers, especially without any IAS, Split Shot wasn't doing that much dps.

LordCanti

I really dont get it

Spending millions of gold so that I can take two or three more hits is pointless. Yes, I know, Shadow Power + Gloom, but the second it wears off and an oppressor or angel bum rushes you from off screen, it's game over.

That's me though. The guy that can afford the upgrades. Most people can't. What are they supposed to do?

(I'd get the upgrades, but I'm currently in the process of cashing out till the expansion. Game has paid for itself four times at this point, and I see no reason why it shouldn't pay for itself one or two more times.)

Well you gotta realize DH doesn't have any built in defenses unlike monk and barb (Except gloom.. but you have to hit it before you know you'll get hit). Also they don't have the natural 30% damage mitigation. We can load up as much defenses as a barb, and still be super squishy.

Basically.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The Diablo 3 team seems prone to making changes without really considering that there might be unintended consequences. Reduce Tyrael's damage? Then vampiric elites become super annoying. Disconnect people who enter a bunch of commands in a short window to get people to stop using gear swapping scripts? Then people who spam the spacebar to skip dialogue get disconnected too. It's like they go "hey, we should do this to stop people from doing this thing we don't like" then they just do it without testing it.

I really dont get it

Yeah, I'm still farming inferno no problem as a wizard. I started sacrificing dps for survivability before the patch though because I knew straight up glass canon wasn't gonna cut it anymore.

Same reason you can't have a decent UI for skill selection that doesn't try to force you to use certain skills in certain slots, I imagine. UI is too hard for Blizzard.

In all fairness, at a high level the AH UI is pretty good. There's just a few really annoying details. I suspect we'll get a 4th filter soon. I think 4 is probably enough

Ferrio

Banned
Switched the rune on Hungering to Spray of Teeth. A little more fun seeing huge yellow numbers, especially without any IAS, Split Shot wasn't doing that much dps.

Ype I've been using spray of teeth for a long time. Best hungering arrow skill by far if you have good crit chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom