• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Finally saw a lvl 63 item in act 2, dat 6% chance!

it was shit.

Haha yes this is correct. Drop a hydra down against reflects damage and just die is how the story goes for me.

I've been killing reflect mobs in act 2 earlier and it wasnt that hard really. Life Regen works like a charm for wiz.

mercviper

Finally got a decent accessory drop. It has above average rolls but I don't know if it really works for any class :lol

NUY5w.png

How much are you looking for for that?

edit: Guess I'll add something salient to the discussion. Found out that you can still bug out enrage timers on elites by zoning in and out. Not sure if it works with TPing, but definitely works if you're near a portal.

syllogism

1.03 has so many issues that should have been found through basic playthroughs. Unbeatable bosses, Zombie Bears, multiple passives being busted. 1.03 is an attempt by Blizzard to bolster their RMAH at the expense of breaking their game. If we make it harder to farm more people will buy off the RMAH. What puts it over the top is Blizzard QA asking the public to test stuff for them. DO YOUR JOB!
But they made it much easier to farm

I can't think of any. There are some skills that get +Crit%, however, and some of those can show up on slots that don't get +Crit%.

There's a belt that has 1% crit chance. It might have a chance to roll higher but I'm not sure.

It's usually a Barb item though (it has Barb Weapon skill modification affix)

forget the name. It's one word.

Shouta

Man, I've gotten a lot of Treasure Goblins this Act 1 run. I ran a lot of places but still, I got like 7-8 of them.

scy

There's a belt that has 1% crit chance. It might have a chance to roll higher but I'm not sure.

It's usually a Barb item though (it has Barb Weapon skill modification affix)

forget the name. It's one word.

Oh, Lamentation. Life Steal% and Crit Belt. It's Barb only though (Mighty Belt and all). It can get the +Revenge Crit% mod on it though so ... there's that, I guess.

Edit: On that note, I think there's a lower level one too (Pride of Cassius maybe?) that has IAS%, Crit%, Crit Damage%, AND Movement Speed%. It's like ... Level 30 though.

Zzoram

Yep Legendaries not buffed yet.

I sold a 1163 dps 2H crossbow for $11.25. It had no other stats but dmg. RMAH had rated with other stats and that damage for ~$14-20+. Was that appropriate value?

Blitzhex

Is it possible to make those pop out names on ground items stay on permanently? I almost couldn't spot my first legendary drop in all that bright act 2 sand.
Also, are wizards the tankiest ranged class atm? I don't know how they work, but doesn't force armor allow them to take a few hits even with mediocre defensive stats?

Gamejunky

I've had trouble selling this on the RMAH any tips? I would think it would be a good item but maybe I should just try selling it for gold since i've had it returned like four times.

74EnG.jpg

FinKL

Hello d3-gaf, I don't think i've been to this thread since the 2nd day the game came out. I'm still glued to this every chance I get! Sucks I missed out on every exploit though, o well.

I was wondering if Bracers had +%Critical Chance pre 1.0.3 patch, since I've been keeping a little database for myself with affixes and hopefully 1 day run numbers for shits n giggles.

EDIT: And I recently found 1 with CritChance as the only affix and to my surprise, the bracer sold real fast. I'm guessing the trend is towards CritDmg+CritChance with the IAS nerf.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Twice in a row there last night I had no event, just some mobs lying in ambush when I went to flip over a dead body.

Same! Up until now, I've probably done a good 50-60 Butcher runs and before the patch, I always got either the merchant or the event.

scy

I was wondering if Bracers had +%Critical Chance pre 1.0.3 patch, since I've been keeping a little database for myself with affixes and hopefully 1 day run numbers for shits n giggles.

They've always had +Critical Chance% as an option.

DSmalls84

Hello d3-gaf, I don't think i've been to this thread since the 2nd day the game came out. I'm still glued to this every chance I get! Sucks I missed out on every exploit though, o well.

EDIT: And I recently found 1 with CritChance as the only affix and to my surprise, the bracer sold real fast. I'm guessing the trend is towards CritDmg+CritChance with the IAS nerf.

Yeah I use a set that has 3 or 4% Crit chance.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

They certainly did.

But they made it much easier to farm

Enrage timer on all bosses and nothing dropping from destructibles make it far less accessible to the average player. They made boss fights gear checks while limiting the amount of gear available. Again pushing the RMAH.

I can imagine starting a new account today, progressing into Inferno and being unable to advance because one my gear isn't good enough to beat a boss in under 3 minutes. Can't accumulate NV stacks either due to lack of progress. So you're basically forced to farm Hell without the hope of ever getting the premium items.

I'm getting complete shit framerate after the 1.03 patch. I can barely move the cursor around because of the stuttering.

According to FRAPS, I'm getting 3-5 fps. Good job, Blizzard.

TommyT

If you have the survivability and the IAS for it, Bola Shot - Imminent Doom is really good damage. With a high enough IAS, you can probably get a few shots off before your Sharpshoot resets as the delay is 2 seconds.

Oh FFFFFFFF... I'm going to have to try this. I do like the Hungering Arrow - Scatter Shot though as if it scatters it can still come back to hit the initial target. Ball Lightning though is plenty AoE damage with Hungering Arrow for the single target. So I guess using Bola there'd be the need for high single target damage which is where Impale would come in.

syllogism

Enrage timer on all bosses and nothing dropping from destructibles make it far less accessible to the average player. They made boss fights gear checks while limiting the amount of gear available. Again pushing the RMAH.

I can imagine starting a new account today, progressing into Inferno and being unable to advance because one my gear isn't good enough to beat a boss in under 3 minutes. Can't accumulate NV stacks either due to lack of progress. So you're basically forced to farm Hell without the hope of ever getting the premium items.
No it's definitely much easier to farm considering how much monster dps output was nerfed. You aren't supposed to farm bosses. Not only that, but hell/inferno act 1 drops are much better than they were before.

TommyT

I think less is fine for a DH. Those numbers are for Barbarians and Monks, who have no choice but to get hit by everything under the sun. I would imagine you could cut those numbers by about 30% and still be in a reasonable position as a DH or Wizard.

Indeed. You can get by with 350-400 resists now assuming you have 50% armor reduction and a nice (see: 35k+) hp pool. This will allow for not being 1 shot with ease, taking multiple hits from regular mobs (not including wind-up or enrage attacks), etc.

scy

Well, for one, not all destructibles drop nothing. Just pots and the like. Though I suppose perhaps this is semantics.

Secondly, they upped the drops for Elites/Champions as well as allowing higher ilvl items drop in earlier Acts. You still need to hit the RNG lottery to get the right stats but you have better base item options.

And as far as enrage timers are concerned, it's just some Act 3 bosses that really got hit hard for it. Zolton Kulle's isn't that bad nor is the fight itself that hard either.

RDreamer

I think the problem is that the enrage timers are just too short. One more minute and they'd be alright. 3 minutes seems crazy. I was trying Siegebreaker with a DH (I'm a monk) and it took like an hour and a half and tons of crazy build tries to finally take it down. After the initial one or two fails we had things where we were surviving and doing damage, but just couldn't quite get him down before enrage. Meaning we were surviving fine and everything, it's just that timer went off, then bam we just had to try again. It meant if either of us died it was a lost cause.

To me it seems kind of like lazy design. If you're surviving the fight just fine, then what's the problem? Why put in a timer that you have to beat it by. Make the boss encounter more interesting.

It also sucks, because I have a feeling what Kripp did when he beat Diablo the other day just isn't possible anymore. I have no idea how hardcore's going to do some of these bosses.

scy

Why put in a timer that you have to beat it by. Make the boss encounter more interesting.

It's mostly to make them gear checks so you can't just do the fight "eventually." You can infinitely kite Siegebreaker, for instance, and kill him with random crap gear.

...but it's not like getting beyond him is some loot haven or anything. I understand Enrage timers for the end-of-Act bosses, certainly, but the rest? Meh? Make the fights harder, sure, but some of the Enrage timers feel like they're missing the point of actually fixing what they're intended to fix.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I love all the conflicting reports after a patch:
"My FPS tanked! Game runs like shit!"
"Everything's so much smoother now!"

It's not unusual to see reports like this. optimizing for numerous PC configurations and Mac is quite difficult.

"I can't kill anything as X class! Fuck you Blizzard!"
"I can breeze through content I couldn't touch earlier! Awesome patch, Blizzard!"

This is to be expected whenever major nerfs and buffs hit certain classes in any game. nerfed players a re mad, buffed players are glad.

"I get nothing but garbage! Fuck this game!"
"Amazing drops for me across the board after the patch!"
If you were farming Act 3 and 4 before the patch, it feels like the drops aren't as good as they used to be. If you were farming Act 1 and 2 before the patch, then of course the drops are better now.

Takuan

Guess I'll put up the 1-handers I bought yesterday and hope to break even. I didn't think my DPS would be gimped as badly as it was going from 2H+Quiver to dual hand crossbows, but realized I was losing out on like 100% crit damage.

I still use Nether Tentacles for crowds, finding it useful still. Just not grossly OP. Will play around with different loadouts, though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Being more of a DPS-oriented build on my Barbarian, I haven't noticed it yet, but I think enrage timers and time limits in general are just bullshit. I don't really understand the logic behind them. If you're able to survive, then there shouldn't be any penalty for taking a long time to beat a boss.

It's not unusual to see reports like this. optimizing for numerous PC configurations and Mac is quite difficult.

This is to be expected whenever major nerfs and buffs hit certain classes in any game. nerfed players a re mad, buffed players are glad.

If you were farming Act 3 and 4 before the patch, it feels like the drops aren't as good as they used to be. If you were farming Act 1 and 2 before the patch, then of course the drops are better now.

My point is that people are giving different messages about the same stuff. I should have been more clear. Just look at all of the Barbarians in here--some saying they still suck and others saying they are powerhouses now. Same thing with Demon Hunters--some are just fine, others are crying foul.

scy

Makes less sense when it's people playing the same class saying both :x

Though, it's also kind of build dependent.

Being more of a DPS-oriented build on my Barbarian, I haven't noticed it yet, but I think enrage timers and time limits in general are just bullshit. I don't really understand the logic behind them. If you're able to survive, then their shouldn't be any penalty for taking a long time to beat a boss.

It seems like there should be better ways to handle people cheesing the fights, really.

RDreamer

It's mostly to make them gear checks so you can't just do the fight "eventually." You can infinitely kite Siegebreaker, for instance, and kill him with random crap gear.

...but it's not like getting beyond him is some loot haven or anything. I understand Enrage timers for the end-of-Act bosses, certainly, but the rest? Meh? Make the fights harder, sure, but some of the Enrage timers feel like they're missing the point of actually fixing what they're intended to fix.

The thing is... what exactly were they intending to fix? I don't get it. I mean I get that overall they don't want people zerg rushing and dying 500 times per elite. But, I think the revive timer, the way the mobs re-heal, and the HUGE repair bills kind of take care of that. What exactly was happening with bosses like siege breaker? You can't zerg rush that thing and die a billion times in the first place. Same with Belial. I never really saw any zerg rushing going on.

The problem I have is that what this does is literally puts a gear check. It's not a strategy check or a change your tactics check, it's a you have to have this good of gear for both offense and defense check. I think that's bullshit. If you get hit by a boss and rethink things, and retool your defenses so you survive and strategize some of your attacks and stuff, you should be rewarded, not punished for still not doing it quick enough. This new change does nothing to encourage strategy at all.

So, I think what they were intending to "fix" is the longevity of the game, honestly. They wanted people to be still struggling through inferno for months and months on end. Now they found out that people were using strategy and tactics and they would have none of that.

Shouta

Oh FFFFFFFF... I'm going to have to try this. I do like the Hungering Arrow - Scatter Shot though as if it scatters it can still come back to hit the initial target. Ball Lightning though is plenty AoE damage with Hungering Arrow for the single target. So I guess using Bola there'd be the need for high single target damage which is where Impale would come in.

Lemme know how it works if you try it. I don't have a high enough IAS on my DH to really try it out but I expect it to do something relatively solid, it does have a 182% modifier so.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Makes less sense when it's people playing the same class saying both :x

Though, it's also kind of build dependent.

It seems like there should be better ways to handle people cheesing the fights, really.

I'd be fine if enrage just made a boss somewhat more difficult (but not insanely so). The only enrage timers I've encountered (on elite packs) are basically just fail states. Your HP melts away in like 3 seconds if you are in the same general area.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think it's impossible to get to 60% Crit chance but I could be wrong.

I have 54.5% natural on my barb. Needs two passives, though. With a revenge, it goes up another 10%, and with battle rage, it goes up another 3%. And I don't even have crit% chance on my bracers yet.

sleepykyo

1.03 has so many issues that should have been found through basic playthroughs. Unbeatable bosses, Zombie Bears, multiple passives being busted. 1.03 is an attempt by Blizzard to bolster their RMAH at the expense of breaking their game. If we make it harder to farm more people will buy off the RMAH. What puts it over the top is Blizzard QA asking the public to test stuff for them. DO YOUR JOB!

For most players it should be easier this way. It's only harder to farm in the sense of chest and jar runs. For players that were playing the way Blizzard intended (beating elite packs) it is considerably easier post patch.

Neki

I'd be fine if enrage just made a boss somewhat more difficult (but not insanely so). The only enrage timers I've encountered (on elite packs) are basically just fail states. Your HP melts away in like 3 seconds if you are in the same general area.

I think it should amplify the affixs instead of a general enrage timer. Teleporting mobs start teleporting with larger ranges and more frequently, mortar would start shooting non-stop, invincible minions would even get more invincible

etc

RDreamer

I think it should amplify the affixs instead of a general enrage timer. Teleporting mobs start teleporting with larger ranges and more frequently, mortar would start shooting non-stop, invincible minions would even get more invincible

etc

lol... it gets pretty bad when a modifier literally has no way to be made worse.

Junie12

Damn the repair costs are really hitting some people hard, just had a friend quit this game because he can't afford shit anymore. He was a DH btw.

I also had another friend who got so pissed at the repair costs that he decided to get a bot to just farm for him o_O

And he doesn't even care if he's banned! He just says that Blizzard made an unfair game so why play it fair? I mean I understand why he's mad but that is no excuse to use a bot. I hope other people isn't thinking the same way as him..

Neki

Damn the repair costs are really hitting some people hard, just had a friend quit this game because he can't afford shit anymore. He was a DH btw.

I also had another friend who got so pissed at the repair costs that he decided to get a bot to just farm for him o_O

And he doesn't even care if he's banned! He just says that Blizzard made an unfair game so why play it fair? I mean I understand why he's mad but that is no excuse to use a bot. I hope other people isn't thinking the same way as him..

Maybe the cost of demon hunter gear will fall with all demon hunters re-rolling and quitting. :p

zoukka

I used to dance in act 3 just barely. Nothing in act 2 could touch me.

I know die to act 1 elites.

Thanks attack speed nerf... thanks.

RDreamer

How long until people make longer runs on elite and realize killing bosses is kind of hard and pointless now compared to just finding more elites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom