• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuly

I'm having a bit of a hard time on deciding on Passive Skills for my Wizard. I keep experimenting but never truly happy. What would you guys recommend?

I'm at L.60 and on A2 Inferno

UberTag

Wow, Natalya's Soul with dex seem to go for insane amounts... There are a couple for $100-$200 (I don't see those selling) and some for 10 mill with bids on them, and still a lot of time left. Kind of wondering what AH I should try.
Hey, quick question for the peanut gallery here because I've been largely oblivious to what I should be looking for.

How are you seeing that an item has been bid on in the AH at a glance?

Obviously, if you place a bid yourself and it is not above the bid limit of a previous bidder you'll be notified as such and get your money back but how can you tell that from an item listing without bidding yourself?

The only thing I can think of to distinguish between a posted starting bid and an item with actual bid volume is that when you attempt to bid the minimum value on an auction, it will either be the opening bid price (what is currently listed) or an arbitrary number higher than the posted bid price (because you need to outbid someone already tied to the listing).

Is there an easier/quicker way?

DSmalls84

From what I've read about terrible pets, it sounds like the WD is like the necro from D2.

You know, before they patched minions to be actually useful.

I didnt roll a necro until the advent of the crazy rune words, and at that time he felt like badass with an army of the undead at his disposal.

scy

The only thing I can think of to distinguish between a posted starting bid and an item with actual bid volume is that when you attempt to bid the minimum value on an auction, it will either be the opening bid price (what is currently listed) or an arbitrary number higher than the posted bid price (because you need to outbid someone already tied to the listing).

Is there an easier/quicker way?

That's exactly how we do it. Go to bid on an item and it'll either be:

A) The bid displayed which means that is the minimum bid and no one has bid yet.
or
B) A value higher than the bid displayed which means that the displayed bid is the current highest bid.

I didnt roll a necro until the advent of the crazy rune words, and at that time he felt like badass with an army of the undead at his disposal.

Blizzard HATES classes like this.

The Necro SUCKED at release.
The Warlock (in WoW) sucked at release.
And now they broke the WD.

I know that a summoner is never the right class to pick in a blizzard game.

Although, at this point, the same thing could be said about every class, because they like breaking things.
Except rogues, fuck rogues.

Blizzard HATES classes like this.

The Necro SUCKED at release.
The Warlock (in WoW) sucked at release.
And now they broke the WD.

I know that a summoner is never the right class to pick in a blizzard game.

Although, at this point, the same thing could be said about every class, because they like breaking things.
Except rogues, fuck rogues.

Uhhh, I was a Rogue in WoW and had periods where people wouldn't group with me because I was a worthless rogue :(

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member

Yeah, I think the crazy rune word patch and the necro minion buff were in the same patch. Before then, skeletons were completely useless.

Just got input limit reached and disconnected from the server while browsing the auction house and doing nothing special.

lol
I think Diablo 3 is viral marketing for Torchlight 2.
Uhhh, I was a Rogue in WoW and had periods where people wouldn't group with me because I was a worthless rogue :(
I know that feel, I just still hate NE rogues with a passion, so I don't give a shiiiiiiit if they are nerfed to hell.

Takuan

Just got input limit reached and disconnected from the server while browsing the auction house and doing nothing special.

lol

This still happens? I haven't encountered it since the day it was first introduced. Maybe I'm not killing gobbos fast enough anymore?

Wedge7

Could some Barbarians who are farming act3 comfortably post some very general stats on what you should be looking for, assuming your going sword+shield?

I think I've heard that you need less ALL-resists and defense since the patch, and with things hitting less hard. Is their a pretty much accepted base minimum level that you need, ala, 10k dps/900 ALL ress/xx hp/xx armor?

I'm getting pretty bored with my DH, though to be honest, after the patch, I still farm pretty nicely, I kinda just want a change before I get burned out, and since I have a level 60 barb already here, I figure it was the perfect change of pace.

Would it may unreasonable to assume I could fully gear a barb up to farm Act3 spending about 1.5-2 mill per piece excluding the sword/shield?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Next time I'll post my gold with all my stats blacked out. :p

XIrdK.png

There's an even more terrible one with nerfed attack speed out there...somewhere, waiting to be found.

Could some Barbarians who are farming act3 comfortably post some very general stats on what you should be looking for, assuming your going sword+shield?

I think I've heard that you need less ALL-resists and defense since the patch, and with things hitting less hard. Is their a pretty much accepted base minimum level that you need, ala, 10k dps/900 ALL ress/xx hp/xx armor?

I'm getting pretty bored with my DH, though to be honest, after the patch, I still farm pretty nicely, I kinda just want a change before I get burned out, and since I have a level 60 barb already here, I figure it was the perfect change of pace.

Would it may unreasonable to assume I could fully gear a barb up to farm Act3 spending about 1.5-2 mill per piece excluding the sword/shield?

15k DPS, 700 all resist (buffed), 9k armor, 45k HP should be relatively comfortable. You won't be invincible, but it will feel about right.

Wedge7

15k DPS, 700 all resist (buffed), 9k armor, 45k HP should be relatively comfortable. You won't be invincible, but it will feel about right.

Nice, I've been reading online that many feel that the trio of SS, justice, and helm of command is sorta overkill at this point? You feel that way as well? I'm pretty ignorant on the situation, but I thought making your block chance higher and higher would be pretty beneficial, and allow you to perhaps then skimp in other areas to get higher dps.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Fuck me I put something up on AH that I should have put on RMAH instead. Only 1 other like it on RMAH

Give me the gold and I will buy it out for you then give it back to you to relist. You just lose 15%.

Macmanus

I think Diablo 3 is viral marketing for Torchlight 2.

This joke hits home with me, because I decided to look into TL2 and Path of Exile again today to see how they're progressing. I thought that since D3 came out first I wouldn't even bother investigating these games sans a crazy Steam sale with Torchlight. Now I think I'm probably going to jump into Torchlight day 1.

Nice, I've been reading online that many feel that the trio of SS, justice, and helm of command is sorta overkill at this point? You feel that way as well? I'm pretty ignorant on the situation, but I thought making your block chance higher and higher would be pretty beneficial, and allow you to perhaps then skimp in other areas to get higher dps.

I've actually never had a Justice Lantern in the first place, although I do have a SS and Helm of Command. I often (e.g. 80% of the time) don't use the Helm of Command anymore, although I do swap it in sometimes on troublesome champion packs. Most of the time I just go hybrid dps/tank now. Enough dps to kill almost anything quickly, but enough survival to be fine for anything but the stupidest affix combinations.

Here's my current stats as of this moment, in which I can comfortable kill most of Act 3. Including Ghom, although I have to respec to a really weird build for Ghom and lose my NV so I don't really bother with it.

Nowadays, when I go "full tank" (and I put that in quotes because it's nowhere near what I would have considered full tank pre patch in terms of mitigation and resistances), my stats are as follows:

mWFuH.jpg

I consider this safe for killing even the most difficult champ packs without too much danger. Note the 38% block, 53k health, 650-700ish resist (screenshot includes Warcry Buff). Not saying this is the minimum that you need, just that it's sufficient. Necessary is somewhere below this.

For trash, most bosses, grouping, and champs that don't have stupid affix combinations, my stats look like this (screenshot includes Warcry and Battle Rage buffs):

nc0LE.jpg

The difference between the two is that in the second one I've:

a) Put a helmet with strength and crit% instead of Helm of Command
b) Used a chest armor with 250+ strength instead of 250+ vit
c) Used Battle Rage instead of Threatening Shout.

I don't really swap anything else out because most of my other pieces function equally well as both tanking pieces and dps pieces (e.g. very high quantities of strength, vitality, as well as resistance)

I guess it's also worth mentioning that my belt has +10% Frenzy Damage on it, so you might as well just multiply my dps by 10% in both pictures.

Shouta

How are people reaching 2000 dex with characters specifically Monk. I don't even know how that's possible.

You specifically build for it and find pieces that you're satisfied with that fit the dex requirement. That's how I have 2k DEX. I give up a little here and there to get it.

zoukka

How are people reaching 2000 dex with characters specifically Monk. I don't even know how that's possible.

Divide 2000 by 13.

Also this patch totally broke my game. I just work AH and have zero interest in grinding now. Bears don't work. Darts are nerfed and the repair is busting my balls.

I hope someone buys my +20million auctions so I can get back to the dps I was yesterday............

Neki

Funny thing is I did it on Xelios when he did the same thing when posting his stats, and he's waited a whole month to do it to me for doing the exact same thing.

RivalCore

You specifically build for it and find pieces that you're satisfied with that fit the dex requirement. That's how I have 2k DEX. I give up a little here and there to get it.

Could you post your gear if it's not too much trouble, I'm always interested in your Monk builds.

I'm liking the 1.03 changes so far, except for the repair bills. Vortex, Fast, Arcane and Shielding was a costly showdown. Still I was able to win, but man it hurts my gold. Also took down a pack of elite Soul Rippers without too much trouble.

Anustart

Luck has turned around on set and legendary items. Took me over 100 hours to find my first, now yesterday and today i've found 2 set items and a legendary.

LordAlu

Been disconnected twice this evening. Once when kiting a blue pack and once just before reaching Maghda. Lost a 5 NV stack on both occasions! Pop-up simply said my connection to Battle.net had timed out and kicked me... what's really annoying is my friend and I play in the same house on the same connection in the same game and he never got disconnected once :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom