• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

I just realized a weapon's DPS number does not include the +elemental dmg or +% damage mods.

brb guys, going back for everything I ever vendored/salvaged/AH'd/left on the ground.

Huh? Yes it does. + damage (both the damage and weapon % damage) and +attack speed are calculated into the dps.

So I just found what looks to be a decent DH chest piece but have no idea the worth of it since I don't play a DH.

If anyone can help, here are the stats:

378 ARMOR
89 STR
85 DEX
59 INT
147 VIT
+67 Resistances to all
+10 Max Discipline
Ignores Durability Loss

any clues? It's DH only. Ilvl 62 and haven't found much anything like it on the AH yet.

How much could this go for on the AH and RMAH?

d3axe.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How much could this go for on the AH and RMAH?

I'll take a wild guess and say 100 - 200k. I bet there are a ton just like it up there, though.

Nice strength and vitality, but low DPS and no life on hit, life steal, or critical hit damage % bonuses makes it rather undesirable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, I'm going to do the next best thing. Since it sounds like WD's are broken, I'm going to try and make my DH playable at my current pace!

I have a grand total of 94k gold on me, so I really can't afford any HUGE upgrades. Starting points on what I should aim for along with some ideas would be REALLY helpful.

I want to keep enjoying my DH/Diablo 3, but this wall is zero fun. The worst part is that I simply don't know where I can farm still, ha.

Ih5Qn.jpg

Shouta

Could you post your gear if it's not too much trouble, I'm always interested in your Monk builds.

I'm liking the 1.03 changes so far, except for the repair bills. Vortex, Fast, Arcane and Shielding was a costly showdown. Still I was able to win, but man it hurts my gold. Also took down a pack of elite Soul Rippers without too much trouble.

I can if other folks want to see. Otherwise, you can just add me shouta#1258 and check my gear in game.

railGUN

Banned
How the fuck does a DH deal with fast moving, invulnerable minion, mortar and freeze enemies in a tight corridor? I can't kite them, I can't go toe to toe with them for even 2 hits... what the fuck am I supposed to do? If they can 2 shot me with 35k hp, and all the DPS in the world won't take them down even 1 HP, since they're fucking invulnerable, what the fuck do I do?

Neki

How the fuck does a DH deal with fast moving, invulnerable minion, mortar and freeze enemies in a tight corridor? I can't kite them, I can't go toe to toe with them for even 2 hits... what the fuck am I supposed to do? If they can 2 shot me with 35k hp, and all the DPS in the world won't take them down even 1 HP, since they're fucking invulnerable, what the fuck do I do?

Accept your fate and die.

Vodh

Look! more footprints.

It's baffling how people keep trivializing her, she has some awesome dialogues! For instance this one goes 'Look! More hidden footprints!'. It changes everything!

Oh by the way, hey, look over there, it's the 200th molten waller fast vortex bullshit today! I never imagined such a creature!

zoukka

Reroll

or

RMAH

Vodh

Shoot some piercing shit to hit the boss and use smokescreen. Vault past them and kite with caltrops. Die, respawn on the other side, hope the boss didn't regen, rinse, repeat.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Make sure you have plenty of room behind you to kite.

Lay out a few immobilize caltrops along the kite path.

Get the mobs on the edge of your screen (preferably top left or top right since they have the farthest view)

Start spamming your hatred spender.

Smokescreen the first volley of mortars, and the second if you feel like it.

When the get close enough, shoot off a knockback rain of vengence and keep unloading your hatred spender (or switch to a hatred generator if you already ran out of hatred).

Move back along your path of caltrops, let them get stuck in the traps, and keep unloading.

When you run out of kiting room, smokescreen, run past the mobs, and do it all over again back the way you came.

Since you have invul minions, you need skills that can pierce.

railGUN

Banned
Reroll

or

RMAH

Not that I would, but what would I buy from the RMAH that would allow me to kill an invulnerable mob? When they're fast moving, they're nowhere near the boss that I can actually hit, so it's not like I can stack them and at least whittle down the boss - especially in a tight corridor... I fucking kited them into another group of elite sand flies that could wall, so now I'm trapped, literally can't move an inch, with mortars raining down... I burned through 30k gold in about 3 minutes and didn't take any of the 6 mobs down even past half health.

I don't mind frustratingly hard games, hell I enjoy them for the most part - but this type of enemy vs a clearly designed kiting character (slow traps, stuns, chain slows etc.) is literally impossible.

Shoot some piercing shit to hit the boss and use smokescreen. Vault past them and kite with caltrops. Die, respawn on the other side, hope the boss didn't regen, rinse, repeat.

The boss isn't anywhere near the minions, and I kited them into more elites...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The boss isn't anywhere near the minions, and I kited them into more elites...

When you die, don't go rushing back into a difficult situation. Get out of there, and find a way back to the boss that doesn't aggro the minions. Take a TP, then waypoint back, and run around a different way or something. If you can't do that, then just move on.

Danj

I am sad that I haven't been able to sell anything on the RMAH yet, not even at super low prices. Is it literally only level 60 and above items that actually sell on that, or is it possible / do people actually buy lower level items there too?

railGUN

Banned
When you die, don't go rushing back into a difficult situation. Get out of there, and find a way back to the boss that doesn't aggro the minions. Take a TP, then waypoint back, and run around a different way or something. If you can't do that, then just move on.

Yeah, I moved on. It was in a random dungeon so there's no way around. If they weren't invulnerable, I could / would eventually beat them, but the way it's set up currently, I can't fathom any possible way, and thats fucking stupid. Oh well, now I'm trying to kill some elites that are teleporting me into their fire path as soon as I get a decent kite on them... fml.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

smokescreen. vault. vault. smokescreen. vault. vault. run for your fucking life. repeat until you lose them.

that should atleast give you breathing room.

casting now

http://www.twitch.tv/heyitsbbg

if anyone needs a tank for a boss or whatever just hit me up. I'll also be crafting doomcasters for free today. (just give me mats and cost)

I also have some random monk, barb & DH gear lying around. I'm willing to give some of it away depending on how badly you need some gear.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Barb by far. Monk shares gear with DH and they are more gear dependent as well.

Then again, Monks can stack a single resist instead of looking for All Resist items.

Also, how can you comment about "sharing gear" when we have no idea about the total number of players in any of the classes?

There could very well be more high level Barbarians than Demon Hunters and Monks combined. Not likely, but we just don't know, do we?

Not past Act 2.

Why? A Monk friend of mine who has been stacking cold resistance just beat Diablo last night (he was stuck in Act III before the patch).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would think that because Barbs are the only class that uses STR and because monks share their gear with DH AND they need AR + a single resist, their gear is less available and more sought after... But who knows.

Wait... why do Monks *need* AR and a single resist? Why do they need more resists than every other class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom