• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge7

wtf-2.png

Honestly...just got my third pair right now. All in about the last week. Heh, what are the odds. All from Whimyshire. ...Fuck those damn boots.

Artanisix

Don't know why joesmokey is being retardedly vague about the monk exploit. Fuck that, I'll tell you all. Blizzard already knows about it anyway.

Use the skill Exploding Palm -> Impending Doom when farming elites.

When you find an elite pack you can single target dps them down to about 30% hp on each of the mobs. Use exploding palm on one mob and kill it.. It will explode and kill the others. When it dies all of the mobs will die and all will trigger loot / NV stacks. With 5 stacks you can get 3+ rare drops gauranteed. Enjoy your big monk exploits while they last, there's no way they'll ban you for this.

RDreamer

Don't know why joesmokey is being retardedly vague about the monk exploit. Fuck that, I'll tell you all.

When you find an elite pack you can single target dps them down to about 30% hp on each of the mobs. Use exploding palm on one mob and kill it.. It will explode and kill the others. When it dies all of the mobs will die and all will trigger loot / NV stacks. With 5 stacks you can get 3+ rare drops gauranteed. Enjoy your big monk exploits while they last.

Hah, that's totally getting fixed. I totally never thought of using that combination on elites, though. Even without the wonky extra NV stacks that's actually a good idea.

So what's the fuckin point of unique elites again?
Before I felt like they were balanced well. They were a bit tougher than normal enemies, but easier than elites. They seemed to get drops better than normal enemies, but less than elites. Now they get literally nothing for drops. I'm getting like a few gold at most from em now. They're a waste of time

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Don't know why joesmokey is being retardedly vague about the monk exploit. Fuck that, I'll tell you all. Blizzard already knows about it anyway.

When you find an elite pack you can single target dps them down to about 30% hp on each of the mobs. Use exploding palm on one mob and kill it.. It will explode and kill the others. When it dies all of the mobs will die and all will trigger loot / NV stacks. With 5 stacks you can get 3+ rare drops gauranteed. Enjoy your big monk exploits while they last, there's no way they'll ban you for this.

Thanks mang, gonna go try it.

It's funny because that mechanic has been in the game since launch. Any health link champion pack acts the exact same way but its often hard to synchronize the damage for the kills to overlap.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's stupid how enraging some of the rare combinations can be in this game. Oh, hi Jailer/Frozen or Vortex/Frozen combo. Fuck you.

They can just keep frozen permanently while they rape you with disease/descreate/molten, whatever.

They need to put in some limitations or some way to avoid stuff via player skill. Some of this shit is just ridiculous.

Or at least how about some kind of cooldown on the use of these abilities? Spamming jailer/frozen non-stop is just stupid.

TheExodu5

Banned
ripped from general on the official boards:

This is actually a pretty good run in terms of elite farming. Festering Woods, Cemetery, and Leoric's manner have the elites relatively close to waypoints/dungeon entrances. Depending on your gear I bet you could do those three in under 15 minutes and that'd be ~10 elite packs.

Awesome. Thanks!

nitric0

ripped from general on the official boards:

This is actually a pretty good run in terms of elite farming. Festering Woods, Cemetery, and Leoric's manner have the elites relatively close to waypoints/dungeon entrances. Depending on your gear I bet you could do those three in under 15 minutes and that'd be ~10 elite packs.

Link to this thread?

RDreamer

It's funny because that mechanic has been in the game since launch. Any health link champion pack acts the exact same way but its often hard to synchronize the damage for the kills to overlap.

The exploit is that if you synchronize it, the game thinks you killed 2 elite groups, so you get 2-3 NV out of it (or 2-3 guaranteed rares).

And I just tried it. It works. lol. I got 2 NV for one mob in wortham.

Booya, up to 8 million gold

The exploit is that if you synchronize it, the game thinks you killed 2 elite groups, so you get 2-3 NV out of it (or 2-3 guaranteed rares).

That would explain why I've gotten 2 stacks off one pack a few times before!

So THAT'S what's going on. I've had that happen a few times so far. I'm not complaining.

Yeah I know, I'm just saying that it's been like that since the launch as can be seen by the two posters above, although the monk skill makes it a lot easier to achieve.

Narag

That explains how I was picking up multiple NV stacks with my DH when I first started doing the pony level.

Act 1 farming doesn't seem all that viable unless you're in it for gold. It's trivial to blow through the entire act, but it's another thing to find sellable loot, and there just isn't a whole lot of it to be found in act 1. The problem is that there isn't a whole lot going on in any of the other acts either. Anybody had luck in act 2? That's probably the best mix as far as efficiency goes.

Probably worth 250 for someone gathering a wizard MF suit.

Still can't believe that people pay 250 for a single item. Thats like 2500ish if they bought a full suit of great stuff...Are there crazies doing that?

Ashhong

I know alot of people are having issues with this new patch....but I'm just doing Butcher runs and have gone from selling almost nothing pre-patch to legendarys, set items, and that awesome ammy in about 4-5 butcher runs. I love it.

MrDaravon

Link to this thread?

Not sure if it's the same thread, but here's a similar link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5910721151?page=1

One guy posted this specifically:

RandomLettrz from Bnet forums said:
Alright, here we go.

Load up Quest 9 at the Cursed Hold

1. Start at the cemetery. There should be an elite mob in each crypt. Once you find the mob and kill it, tp back to town and take the waypoint back to the cemetery and go to the next crypt. Theres a unique pack in the cemetery itself a decent amount of the time as well. Sometimes there's 2 elite mobs in one of the crypts but it seems pretty rare and isn't really worth the time to search for it every run. Also the "real" crypt sometimes doesn't have an elite mob but not often.

2. Head over to the festering woods. There will be 2 elite mobs on the overworld and a unique pack in each of the dungeons. Easy breezy 4 kills and shouldn't take more than a few minutes. There is a chance of getting a mob off the event on the hill that you activate (if that makes sense?) but I don't know if I have seen it since the patch to be honest with you. There's also a decent chance of a treasure goblin on the overworld it seems but i don't waste my time looking for one normally.

3. Take the waypoint to Leoric's manor. There is a unique pack in the manor itself often, and always one outside the front door.

4. Go to Halls of Agony 2. There should be 2 elite packs here.

5. Move on out to the bridge area. There is a chance of a quest with some blacksmith dude here but I haven't seen it since the patch that I can remember so maybe they took it out or made it really rare. It used to be fairly common. Oh well, if anyone has some info that would be cool.

6. Head on down to the warden area. There should be 2 elites here though rarely there are 1 or 3. Kill them then kill the Warden.

7. Head down to Halls of Agony 3. There should be 2 more elites here. Kill them then go @!!% the butcher.

8. Take a break, eat some ice cream, repeat.

There are probably other places in act 1 with easily found elites but this has been working for me pretty well. I do have a mf gear set that I switch to before killing stuff. Anyways good luck and if anyone know of any other easily found elites let me know.

And then someone added with this:

Mirra at bnet forums said:
Also to add to your list....go to the Northern Highlands waypoint. Head west and up just a bit. Sometimes there is a watch tower there and it's pretty close to the way point.

There tend to be a lot of mobs around here and often elite packs so be prepared when you waypoint.

The watchtower is fantastic when it is there. There's usually at least 2-3 elite packs, always a resplendant chest (you didn't read that Blizzard), and often a treasure bandit.

Seems pretty solid, will give this a go if I have the chance this weekend. I have a full mf/gf set of close to 200% without NV, but it's pretty crap for my DH (like 20k unbuffed DPS and something like 20-22k HP) that I can do some of the earlier Act 1 stuff with, but I think I'd have to swap at least a couple pieces of it out to farm the later Act 1 stuff.

Look at this shit on the GAH right now. Jesus fucking christ.

oyyYt.jpg

I can almost understand why someone would pay $250 for this.

Almost. I'm surprised it's on the GAH instead of the RMAH

MrDaravon

You still have to set up the authenticator and SMS stuff to even access the RMAH at all right (not just sell)? I've been assuming that's the case and that's the main reason most of the good stuff I still see up on the GAH is there.

forrest

formerly nacire

oyyYt.jpg

How much gold is it going for? I've seen a lot of the higher weapons going on the gold AH instead of the RMAH for gold amounts that easily equal over 250$ if you were to sell the gold afterwards.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, 18k DPS isn't enough to kill stationary Goblins in Act IV before they teleport away. Lol.

How much gold is it going for? I've seen a lot of the higher weapons going on the gold AH instead of the RMAH for gold amounts that easily equal over 250$ if you were to sell the gold afterwards.

It's 50m opening bid with no buyout. If I had 50m gold I'd bid on it in a heartbeat.

RDreamer

Just did a huge run from Wortham through Butcher, and wow... I don't think my drops could get worse if Blizzard themselves tried to troll me.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah i realized it after I posted. Bought 81 Flawless squares for 36450. Total cost = 1636450 for flawless star.

I'll make a little over 100k a sale. Not bad.

edit: need auto crafter... -_-

I tried this with perfect stars. Made 300k. Meh. The 15% transaction fee pretty much destroys a lot of my profits. Maybe it would be better to advertise on the trading channel or something.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit... they nerfed Izual hard. I'm running through Act IV for the first time in on Inferno and I just smashed his face in without moving except to dodge ice orbs.

I roll with battle shout, berserker rage, and a 5.5k dps enchantress, and i still cant kill those fuckers all the time

I just had one bug out and not move at all, so I got the maximum number of hits in possible, and he teleported out with around 25% life left.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

oyyYt.jpg

Hundreds of millions of gold. They were smart not putting it on the RMAH.

Narag

Holy shit... they nerfed Izual hard. I'm running through Act IV for the first time in on Inferno and I just smashed his face in without moving except to dodge ice orbs.

Yeah, he had a huge list of changes in the patch notes.
Code:
Izual
General
Health pool has been increased
The number of Oppressors that join the fight has been reduced from 4 to 2
Will no longer target Followers or Tyrael as frequently

Abilities

Base Attacks
Base attack damage has been lowered
No longer does Cold damage on top of base attacks

Charge

Charge damage has been reduced
Knockback has been removed
Will Charge slightly more often, but will only target players

Frozen Bombs

Frozen Bomb damage has been reduced
Bombs will now explode faster
Only 8 Bombs will now spawn around the player rather than 12
Bombs will spawn at Izual's feet less often

Frost Explosion

Frost Explosion damage has been reduced by 70%
Duration of freeze has been increased
Damage dealt to players while frozen will now break the effect
Players can now use defensive cooldown while frozen
Players can no longer avoid being frozen by doing high amounts of damage to Izual

Bug Fixes

Izual will no longer spawn twice if a player skips his introductory cut-scene

Ketch

Are there people out there with 44 million gold?... wouldn't they already have a 900 dps weapon if they did? Why do people post stuff for so fucking much? It makes no sense.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
And Diablo down on first attempt... he really didn't even do much in the part 1.

I think they went a bit far with nerfing the bosses (except for maybe Ghom).

DTKT

Are there people out there with 44 million gold?... wouldn't they already have a 900 dps weapon if they did? Why do people post stuff for so fucking much? It makes no sense.

Those are bullshit prices. You can find most 1k+ DPS blues for 20-50k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom