• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll consider buffing the attack speed gained by dual wielding.

Atm it's not that hard to find a quiver with 15% attack speed on it. And quivers can have crit and max discipline too (theiir stats are usually weighted toward DH).

I want to go back to using two 1handers but quiver + 1hander seems to be way better.

zaxon

Bullshit, I've played every Diablo and have multiple untwinked self-found only Hell wins of lod, including a unwtinked self-found harcore Hell win and Diablo 3's end game gear progression is a miserly, miserable, pathetic slow grind.

What on earth is a "Hell win"? You can't "win" a Diablo game, and completing hell difficulty was only the first 1% of the game.

Dahbomb

There is no real sense of progression at LVL60. Even if you are just farming for loot and gold, there is also that extra push to get to that next level. It was a huge mistake for Blizzard to cap at 60 and then make Inferno a LVL60 only mode. This is why LVL1-59 are the best parts of the game and LVL60 are the worst. You get hyped when you reach the next level and unlock new runes, even if you aren't going to use them.

It should be just as hard to get good gear as it is to max cap you characters.

DSmalls84

Ring

!25 Int
65 Vit
52 Resist all
Socket

Anything with comparable stats is like 8 mil at the least. Do you guys think I could move it for like 5 fast?

I had my first little bit of good luck in terms of drops today. After going straight through Act 2 inferno I picked up a mediocre Ivory Tower, but also:

Fj9Pc.jpg

I should be able to unload this on the RMAH for a decent chunk of change, right? I kinda want to keep it, though...

Bullshit, I've played every Diablo and have multiple untwinked self-found only Hell wins of lod, including a unwtinked self-found harcore Hell win and Diablo 3's end game gear progression is a miserly, miserable, pathetic slow grind.

Yeah.. Diablo was always about over powering the monsters and just blowing up everything on your screen. Diablo 3 feels more like a grindy MMO with its progression.

Guys, I think I just found the best lvl 30 weapon in the game..

That's a level 45 weapon.

RDreamer

I had my first little bit of good luck in terms of drops today. After going straight through Act 2 inferno I picked up a mediocre Ivory Tower, but also:

Fj9Pc.jpg

I should be able to unload this on the RMAH for a decent chunk of change, right? I kinda want to keep it, though...

Mother of god...

Yeah, I think that's worth quite a bit...

This game is already in such a sad state and really kills what makes D2 so addictive/rewarding. And it's all due to the insane amount of people that try and make profits off of Blizzard games; spammers/botters ect.

How do you get the best loot in D3? Sit on the Auction House looking for good deals. NOT FUN. Diablo 2? Trading/fighting bosses. FUN.

But you can't do that in D3, because then the AH would just be flooded w/ all the best loot for cheap and it would make loot worthless. So you would have to get rid of the AH. But then you have even more spammers/scammers online that will be trying to get people to buy shit off their websites and hacking accounts at a more aggressive rate.

It's just a mess...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I think I just found the best lvl 30 weapon in the game..

E1c8i.jpg

The level requirement at the bottom-right already takes the "level reduction" into account. With that said, it's still awesome for level 45.

Fj9Pc.jpg

Awesome! The only way it could be better is if it had All Resists. Sick Amulet!

linsivvi

Yeah.. Diablo was always about over powering the monsters and just blowing up everything on your screen. Diablo 3 feels more like a grindy MMO with its progression.

It's not until 1.0.3 where the game finally resembles a loot game. At least killing elites now will give you some rares. Even then they screw up by gimping chests. What's the point of placing a chest at the end of a 2 level random dungeon when they don't even give you a rare? If they want to prevent farming, at least make it a guaranteed rare with 5xNV like elites do.

The repairing fee hike is another example. They said they wanted to punish deaths, yet in the same stroke they punish melee characters.

They said IAS is too important, yet IAS is just as important as before. They just took the easy way out by gimping the item values without reducing the importance of IAS.

The more they do these knee jerk reaction changes the more it seems to me they don't know what they are doing at all. More than a month after release and they still seem to be randomly changing game mechanics.

What on earth is a "Hell win"? You can't "win" a Diablo game, and completing hell difficulty was only the first 1% of the game.

What the christ? Did you mindlessly grind pindleskin so long in lod you got brain damage or something because it's pretty self explanatory. You know the bit where you beat the last boss and the game is all like "grats now you're a patriarch/matriarch/guardian". I guess if you spent 99% of the game grinding I can see how you'd lose sight of that but was spending 100 times longer playing the exact same character in the exact same places until any sense of challenge the game could offer was long since ground into the dust of endless hours getting bigger numbers really the most interesting gaming experience you could pass your time with? I guess D3 is for you then.

Dahbomb

The repairing fee hike is another example. They said they wanted to punish deaths, yet in the same stroke they punish melee characters.
How does this punish melee characters? If anything it punishes glass cannon builds. Unless you are talking the wear and tear repair costs which I fully agree is jacked up.

Act 2 is such a ROFLstomp now after the nerf. I mean, I agree that the jump in difficulty from Act 1 to Act 2 was too high before, but now it's barely any harder than Act 1, which is pretty much easy mode.

I had cleared it before, but I did a Maghda run and a bit more to test it. Guess I'm going to Act 3 where I left off before the nerf.

Hunting champ packs is pretty fun though. So much more loot drops overall (even if it's not good.) I'll easily get 2-3 rares on most packs when at 5 stacks.

BigDug13

The level requirement at the bottom-right already takes the "level reduction" into account. With that said, it's still awesome for level 45.

Awesome! The only way it could be better is if it had All Resists. Sick Amulet!

The benefit to the shopper (who knows what to look for) is that the Auction House puts it in their database as a level 60 weapon and won't show up for level 45 shoppers unless they specfically search up to level 60 with "reduced level requirement" as a required stat. That means it won't disappear so quickly, but it also makes it possibly harder to sell since it won't show up on normal searches by someone below level 60.

Dahbomb

What else could I be referring to except wear and tear costs?
You mentioned repair costs punishing death but deaths are more frequent amongst the glass cannon types, not among the melee tank types. There is a difference between having to pay because you died a lot and having to pay just because you played/attacked a lot but died 0 times. Blizzard jacked up the latter when they were trying to implement the former.

Raxus

What kind of gear I can probably help with ok stuff. I don't know what your build model is though. I'm mostly lighting resist stuff.

I need to completely regear my monk. All resist, dex, and vit are my primary concern and then a central resist (anything but physical resist). I already have a decent 900 dps weapon I only have 1000 dex and 490 vit so I am getting killed on act II inferno

linsivvi

You mentioned repair costs punishing death but deaths are more frequent amongst the glass cannon types, not among the melee tank types. There is a difference between having to pay because you died a lot and having to pay just because you played/attacked a lot but died 0 times. Blizzard jacked up the latter when they were trying to implement the former.

I said they wanted to punish death and at the same stroke punished melee characters. It means when they made the changes to punish deaths they punished melee characters for absolutely no reason. It means they just simply upped the repair price per durability without thinking of the implication.

I don't see how hard it is to understand what I wrote, and I don't understand what you're trying to argue here when you basically spent a couple posts saying the same thing that I did.

Addendum to my other post about Act 2 Inferno now:

You can still get your ass kicked in certain spots.

One pack I just had to leave alone after trying for awhile was those guys that summon demon dogs, and they had shielding, waller, mortar, and something else.

Just stupid as I had to keep killing the dogs while not being able to damage them much (I think shielding lasts longer this patch - it's pretty dickish) while also constantly dodging mortar with walls popping up all over the place - which is harder than it may sound.

Just stupid as I had to keep killing the dogs while not being able to damage them much (I think shielding lasts longer this patch - it's pretty dickish) while also constantly dodging mortar with walls popping up all over the place - which is harder than it may sound.

From what I've noticed Shield lasts longer but they shield less. Not sure if it actually changed or not though.

On this topic does anyone notice every champion skill is being spammed a lot more often? It doesn't happen all the time either. Sometimes you just get insane amount of ice orbs or arcane orbs, and wallers are more spammy as well. It's kind of like demonic tremors sometimes running at light speed, doesn't happen all of the time but when it does its noticeable.

Otheradam

I think I'm done with this game for a while. Inferno is simply not fun. It feels like work now. I can clear butcher easily but what is the point of farming him? And with the repair cost hike, I don't even want to try to get through act 2 since it's costing so much. Though the patch was going to make the game more fun but the repair cost is the main reason I'm out.

On this topic does anyone notice every champion skill is being spammed a lot more often? It doesn't happen all the time either. Sometimes you just get insane amount of ice orbs or arcane orbs, and wallers are more spammy as well. It's kind of like demonic tremors sometimes running at light speed, doesn't happen all of the time but when it does its noticeable.

Yeah wallers definitely feel more spammy as well (was happening with the aforementioned pack). Can be pretty bad with the champ packs as I've gotten stuck in place every now and then from 2 parallel walls really close together. Rare wallers seem okay still.

Cipherr

From what I've noticed Shield lasts longer but they shield less. Not sure if it actually changed or not though.

They really screwed that up. They needed to make them shield less and NOT buff any aspect of it. Less invulnerability, not more. Less less less. They totally whiffed the invulnerable minions and shielding nerfs.

joesmokey

So Wizards and DHs exploited the game at launch, now it's finally Monks turn lol. How many of you are taking advantage of
x3? (that's all I'll say)

Barbs and WDs, you'll have your time one of these patches.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So Wizards and DHs exploited the game at launch, now it's finally Monks turn lol. How many of you are taking advantage of
x3? (that's all I'll say)

Barbs and WDs, you'll have your time one of these patches.

They're giving WDs a rune that will turn Gargantuan into pre-nerf Tyrael. :p

Yeah wallers definitely feel more spammy as well (was happening with the aforementioned pack). Can be pretty bad with the champ packs as I've gotten stuck in place every now and then from 2 parallel walls really close together. Rare wallers seem okay still.

I noticed this pre patch as well, to me it seemed connected to low hp. When champs started getting low hp they would just start going apeshit. The worst was when you had 4 nightmarish champs doing this shit.

dwebo

yeah, they only listed continuous nightmare casts as a 1.03 known issue, but all the affixes are definitely casting more often. I suppose it's their way of balancing against the guaranteed 5 stack rare drop

Woo-Fu

Banned
What's the best way to farm Act 1?

ripped from general on the official boards:

Most efficient run is:

Northern Highlands - Watch tower dungeon (go north west). If it's not there restart. After

Festering woods
Cemetary (crypts)
Cathedral 3 (check for elite near WP, if not there leave)
Leoric's manor - exit and kill elite outside (short walk). Sometimes you'll find one inside on your way out too)
If you've got godlike gear (really godlike, not lol 150k with SS gear), do pony level. Not worth it if you can't clear it in under 10 minutes with no deaths

This is actually a pretty good run in terms of elite farming. Festering Woods, Cemetery, and Leoric's manner have the elites relatively close to waypoints/dungeon entrances. Depending on your gear I bet you could do those three in under 15 minutes and that'd be ~10 elite packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom