• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

So I got the deeds of valor thingies today, but it didn't give me the Barb one. I don't think I missed it because I did all the same day. I shouldn't care much about this stuff anyway, but seeing Barb one missing specifically was =/

Ketch

Those are bullshit prices. You can find most 1k+ DPS blues for 20-50k.

Where? I will buy a 1k dps one hander off you right now for twice that! The cheapest one out of you know 50 pages of auctions or whatever is 850dps 1 hander for 230,000 no buyout, 12 hours remaining...
don't you go frickin sniping that shit now, it's mine!

Is this shield worth anything?

Doesn't have crit or all resist so I wouldn't buy it myself, but i dunno

J8e82.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is this shield worth anything?

Doesn't have crit or all resist so I wouldn't buy it myself, but i dunno

J8e82.png

I don't know about the other classes, but as a Barbarian, if I were to use a shield, I'd never want one with less than 25% block chance.

I don't know about the other classes, but as a Barbarian, if I were to use a shield, I'd never want one with less than 25% block chance.

That was my reasoning. My shield is 25% block chance, 7% crit, all resist, dex, vit blah blah

Reason why I asked is because there are only 2 comparable shields, one has all resist and as such commands a good price, other has terrible block chance.

Seth C

Seriously, get the fucking socketed rings out of the game. They are completely useless. On the rare occurrence I get a magic item to drop please don't waste it with an item level 54 socketed ring. IT's hard enough finding something useful as it is.

To anyone having performance issues since the patch - they reset all settings to default after the patch and they added a new setting in graphics called smooth shadows. I suggest not using any form of smooth shadows, they all seem to cut FPS directly in half vs regular high shadow setting. I just noticed it was on High Smooth and put it on regular high and I am getting a solid 60 FPS throughout the game now.

Fularu

Banned
Either I suck terribly or I haven't found a proper strat but Ghom is owning me hard on inferno.

Any tips for a barbarian? (No, standing in the cloud is not an option so far)

Either I suck terribly or I haven't found a proper strat but Ghom is owning me hard on inferno.

I don't feel like reposting it, but go back 10-15 pages and I posted the strat I killed him with (as Barb). It required a funky ass build, but I doubt you have him on farm status, so losing NV doesn't really matter.

The post in question has a huge screenshot of me standing over his corpse. Or just go through my post history.

Fularu

Banned
I don't feel like reposting it, but go back 10-15 pages and I posted the strat I killed him with (as Barb). It required a funky ass build, but I doubt you have him on farm status, so losing NV doesn't really matter.

Err 10 to 15 pages back, was that before or after 1.03?

eek5

overpower w/ reflect damage rune

procs LoH everytime it reflects damage which is basically all the time in a gas cloud

Ketch

Because people will pay much more than 44 million? What doesn't make sense about that to you?

... I see... maybe I should start doing ZK runs?.. people pay for that?

on a somewhat related note, It's fascinating the lengths people will go to have unfun with this game... smashing pots, farming goblins, running the same boss over and over, repeating dialogue only quests ad nauseum. At a certain point it's like why are you even playing?

Edit: And then then systematically nerf those things one at a time all the while saying "Why don't you try to play the game normally?" and people just rage and look for the next gimmick to abuse.

inky

What? a 900 dps 1h isn't that expensive...

Define "that expensive". My 1H sword (110+ STR, 70 Vit, 11% IAS) went from 940 DPS to 840 after the IAS nerf (had 23% IAS), and I got that one for 2.5 million not that long ago (before the nerf was known). This is what the 900+ DPS sword market looks right now:

The RMAH is about the same. How the fuck am I supposed to upgrade at the rate this shit is inflating.

Fularu

Banned

Ketch

Define "that expensive". My 1H sword (110+ STR, 70 Vit, 11% IAS) went from 940 DPS to 840 after the IAS nerf (had 23% IAS), and I got that one for 2.5 million not that long ago (before the nerf was known). This is what the 900+ DPS sword market looks right now:

Exactly... who is buying those? Sure there's probably some people out there with that much gold, but I bet they already have a high damage weapon... 120 million buy out! surely no one is selling anything for that much..

Maybe I just don't need one yet... what kind of dps do you need for the butcher?

That's just a build and it's hardly helpfull (in the sense that I probably have nowhere near your DPS/LoH/Regen).

I guess I'll have to try and find a different way because with that build, my best is 80% (when I can get him down to 45% with a 2h build)

Well I mean you can try it, the build kinds of gives away the strategy just by looking at it so I didn't think it needed further explanation.

* Keep Warcry up all the time
* Use leap as both a defensive cooldown to give you some attack time in the gas, and as an escape for when you need to get away from the gas
* Battle Rage for additional dps, and the rune so that you can get some additional health regen by random health globes dropping
* Ignore pain to give you additional attack time in the gas, as well as healing you while Ignore Pain is active
* WotB to deal a ton of damage, preferably start out with WotB, then Iron Impact, then when it wears off Ignore Pain to maximize your WotB time.
* Inspiring Presence for additional health regen. Note that since you have two shouts active, this will give you 2% health regen / second.

if it helps, my dps was 20k (before battle rage), LoH is about 800.

Try eek5's overpower idea though, I hadn't heard that one before, maybe it works.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Exactly... who is buying those?
Maybe I just don't need one yet... what kind of dps do you need for the butcher?

If you have good damage mitigation/regen---and plenty of time to kill, lol---you can kill the butcher with 5 DPS, just have to stand at the bottom on the safe spot. ;)

Oh, and nobody is buying those swords, that why they're sitting there on the auction house with no bids.

Tom Penny

Why the hell does Act II blood and sand ramp to stupid difficult? I just wasted so much money repairing. Nothing but flames and , jails and freaking walls around you so you get stuck and can't do shit. The other acts weren't like that.

Ketch

If you have good damage mitigation/regen---and plenty of time to kill, lol---you can kill the butcher with 5 DPS, just have to stand at the bottom on the safe spot. ;)

I'm sure there's an enrage timer on inferno... that's what I'm worried about.. currently sitting at 15k dps with my WD.

Look at this shit on the GAH right now. Jesus fucking christ.

oyyYt.jpg

I can almost understand why someone would pay $250 for this.

Almost. I'm surprised it's on the GAH instead of the RMAH

Still not completely maxed though. Damage is at 49% instead of 50 (well, pretty damn close there), and it's a Barb special weapon with Dexterity (even though the Dex is high, though also still not maxed.)

LOH is super high, though not maxed.

Had it been strength instead of dexterity, it would easily be worth double whatever the value is now.

The RMAH is about the same. How the fuck am I supposed to upgrade at the rate this shit is inflating.

Exactly

Nerf made high tier weapons a lot more scarce. Hopefully the stock of them will replinish over the next few weeks, but now they can only get to those numbers by rolling %damage.

With nerfed attack speed in the mix it's going to take a long time

I'm sure there's an enrage timer on inferno... that's what I'm worried about.. currently sitting at 15k dps with my WD.

There is a timer, he's talking about a safe spot that is clearly a bug. You probably need a bit more dps to be honest. I'd say 18k is a good estimate.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I just easily beat Diablo with a 725 DPS 1h and shield on my Barbarian. You don't need a super high damage weapon to beat most content. It's always nice, though! But yeah, farm tons of shit and sell it for money to buy a better weapon, I guess.

eek5

That's just a build and it's hardly helpfull (in the sense that I probably have nowhere near your DPS/LoH/Regen).

I guess I'll have to try and find a different way because with that build, my best is 80% (when I can get him down to 45% with a 2h build)

Like I said, OP is OP against Ghom.

IuFBW.jpg

You don't even need ignore pain but you can pop it every 30s if you're worried. With any kind of LoH you should be able to pop OP every 15s and heal to max basically. See all those tiny white numbers? They're all proccing LoH.

I didn't even have War Cry up because you don't even need it lol.

Fularu

Banned
Well I mean you can try it, the build kinds of gives away the strategy just by looking at it so I didn't think it needed further explanation.

* Keep Warcry up all the time
* Use leap as both a defensive cooldown to give you some attack time in the gas, and as an escape for when you need to get away from the gas
* Battle Rage for additional dps, and the rune so that you can get some additional health regen by random health globes dropping
* Ignore pain to give you additional attack time in the gas, as well as healing you while Ignore Pain is active
* WotB to deal a ton of damage, preferably start out with WotB, then Iron Impact, then when it wears off Ignore Pain to maximize your WotB time.
* Inspiring Presence for additional health regen. Note that since you have two shouts active, this will give you 2% health regen / second.

if it helps, my dps was 20k (before battle rage), LoH is about 800.

Try eek5's overpower idea though, I hadn't heard that one before, maybe it works.
I killed him using a 2h Wotb+overpower+ignore pain combo. IT was actually prety easy (but I had 1.1k LoH weapon)

Thanks for your help (you too Eeks :D)

Finally crossed 1 million gold (at once). I've earned more than that, but always spent it in the AH or leveling the artisans (which I don't have to worry about now.)

Couldn't figure out what the one thing I sold for ~100k was though - the linking the gold in the completed tab trick was bugging out, and I don't think I took a screenshot earlier.

The other thing I sold today was a Monk Fist with some nice, but somewhat low stats (LOH and Dex, ~429 DPS). I priced it to move at 10k, which may have been underpriced, but not by too much.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Did you miss the part where I said "safe spot"?

His enrage timer is ~3 minutes, at which point all the floor tiles start burning and stay burning.

There is a safe spot at the very bottom of the arena, though, where the flames can't hit you. I've spent over 5 minutes dead, just waiting for a monk or barbarian to slowly whittle him down from that spot. It is like watching grass grow.

Ketch

Did you miss the part where I said "safe spot".

His enrage timer is ~3 minutes, at which point all the floor tiles start burning and stay burning.

There is a safe spot at the very bottom of the arena, though, where the flames can't hit you.

Yea I didn't realize it made you safe from the enrage... that's just dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom