• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

The trick is to ask too much apparently.

I wonder why this works at times. Maybe its because when you search the AH seems to sort items by the buyout price. I have sold some stuff for millions that had no business selling for that much.

Maybe people just put in the stats they search for, scroll the first few pages and just ASSUME everything listed for 10m is worth 10 million or else why would it be priced so high?

I have made a killing by searching for items with stats superior to the item I am selling, but then pricing my item alongside those. Its silly sometimes to see how many times I sell stuff that way. I do it every time that I dont have any legitimate auctions to put up. Rather than sit at 0/10 Auctions, I throw up 5 overpriced things and see if they move overnight.

Prodigal

Banned
Thinkin' 'bout posting this on the RMAH, hesitating about the price though:

spear.jpg

Tempted to throw a high buyout on it but a low-medium bidding price and see what happens. (though I guess that's what most people do lol)

Sold it for $230, that was quick lol

man, i feel like the only person whose auctions never sell. I think I made like 3 million total on the AH. I put shit up way under value and no one buys, not even to flip. :|
Even shit i price at market value never sells.

these repair costs are becoming brutal too.

What kind of stuff are you selling? Just because something has similar stats to other items on the AH doesn't mean other people will actually want items with those stats.

jersoc

What kind of stuff are you selling? Just because something has similar stats to other items on the AH doesn't mean other people will actually want items with those stats.

i put up pants earlier with like 160 some str, 70 some int 2 sockets and i think around 20 all res for 400k, which was about 100k less.

i see, then what should i put up?

You basically put a set of pants with strength and resistance. Resistance is a defensive stat so you would think maybe a tank would want it. But there's no vit which is practically a deal breaker for a tank

Edit: Also the resist is ridiculously low. Anything under 40 is almost a no sell

No one thinking about stacking res would buy something with just 20, so that doesn't really add anything.

The sockets are nice but maybe 100k nice, not 400

zoukka

Price adjustment for this amulet. I'm looking around 10 mil now, have searched both AH's and that's the lowest I think I can go. Similar shit is not found this cheap, but then again the AH is a bloated piece of candy. Got one offer for 12 mil, but the guy chickened out at the last moment... or maybe he tried to hack me lol.

Can also trade for an equally good 1hander for a WD.

rCIZZLE

So what do I need to get in on the Barb fun gear wise? Is LOH and high block still needed? I have about 12mil gold and access to another ~30m as I sell off my DH. Would like to get the wep first so I have something to build around.. what should I be looking for?

Man, bought a DH Cloak for 500k which is valued at around 15m 200+ dex, 100+ vit and +10 max discpiline.

I think that's my legitimate first "win" on the AH. Feels pretty good.

zoukka

So what do I need to get in on the Barb fun gear wise? Is LOH and high block still needed? I have about 12mil gold and access to another ~30m as I sell off my DH. Would like to get the wep first so I have something to build around.. what should I be looking for?

First of all. You'll buy my amulet posted just up there.

balddemon

Banned
trying to see if I can take the gold and buy something similar on the AH and come out ahead.....nope. I see a 150,000,000g sword and that's it.

all these numbers were wrong i read 250mil. time for bed.

200mil*4.50/mil = $900 cash (independent site)

200mil*2.50/mil = $500 cash - blizz fees (not sure what these are) - paypal fees = $425

I'd be super leery of trade scamming unless you know he's legit for those numbers. 200m gold? That's a ton, not saying it's not possible but there are trade scams and techniques going around and I'd demand the cash first (maybe while you stream it to record the transaction).

Got both of these tonight in the same Act I farming route, this was the run:

voAgc.gif
xFNEo.gif

Oh and got this tonight too, also from Act 1 farming. Did the route posted earlier in the thread, very efficient.

L5p0k.jpg

aznpxdd

I can't even fathom 200 mil.

Fuck I feel like a broke college student playing D3.

I'd be super leery of trade scamming unless you know he's legit for those numbers. 200m gold? That's a ton, not saying it's not possible but there are trade scams and techniques going around and I'd demand the cash first (maybe while you stream it to record the transaction).

voAgc.gif
xFNEo.gif

Oh and got this tonight too, also from Act 1 farming. Did the route posted earlier in the thread, very efficient.

L5p0k.jpg

Damn, nice run indeed!

smiggyRT

http://i.imgur.com/voAgc.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xFNEo.gif[IMG]

[B]Oh and got this tonight too, also from Act 1 farming. Did the route posted earlier in the thread, very efficient. [/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L5p0k.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Which route was this? Butcher runs?

mileS

Kripp's witch doctor build looks pretty fun. Not sure how well it would do in act 3 and 4 but eh who cares. I kind of want to try it.

rCIZZLE

Anybody else?

Ashhong

xFNEo.gif

I'd love to buy this...how much?

Blitzhex

Hello,

The EU servers have been brought down to address a connectivity issue, this should only last a few minutes and then we'll be bringing them back up again.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

They randomly restarted the servers without ingame notice to fix connectivity issues? RIP HC players.

Hmm would a pure blue 1150 dps crossbow be an upgrade over
960 dps, +90 dex, +70% crit dmg one ?

I have about 31% natural crit chance and 1350 dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom