• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Sold these for 1 mil whilst I was sleeping:
striders.png

zoukka

You know the moment when you see an auction that is too good to be true. It takes a moment for your brain to send orders to your hands to press buyout, but then it's already gone... with the wind.

2 million buyout on this............................................. fuck you whoever sniped it ;_;

You know the moment when you see an auction that is too good to be true. It takes a moment for your brain to send orders to your hands to press buyout, but then it's already gone... with the wind.

2 million buyout on this.............................................

I lost many auctions in the early days trying to process what I was seeing, or wanting to double check that there wasn't something wrong with the item. Especially with weapons, you have to watch out for sneaky Barb-only weapons.

GJS

2 million buyout on this............................................. fuck you whoever sniped it ;_;

That's how much maces should be, none of the other 900 dps maces are going to sell.

So this little snipbit showed up on the trade channel right before i was about to leave

Blahblah: [touch talent]
blahnlah 2: sandusky has touch talent

... i got a little chuckle. wish the screen grab worked.

Anustart

Yeah, there was an insane ceremonial dagger for 600k, couldn't believe my eyes, but was gone :(

neoism

yes found an 867 dps rare for 10000g and I just didn't realize it 2 seconds later it was sold

GJS

200 int man...

There are similar maces with int littering the AH which have not been selling. If you drop down to 190 then there are even maces close to 200 sitting at 9m or 4mil not selling and won't sell until someone gets desperate.

Maces are crap, most people don't want them.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So, I've been equipping myself entirely on drops and buying shit on the AH.

Am I missing something by not upgrading the Blacksmith guy? I don't break down drops anymore, I just sell them all to merchants...

zoukka

There are similar maces with int littering the AH which have not been selling. If you drop down to 190 then there are even maces close to 200 sitting at 9m or 4mil not selling and won't sell until someone gets desperate.

Maces are crap, most people don't want them.

What is wrong with maces? And I'll pay 2 million immediately if you'll find a similar mace for me :)

Also you must be speaking about US AH because I don't see +int 1000dps maces sitting for 4 million....

kennah

To anyone having performance issues since the patch - they reset all settings to default after the patch and they added a new setting in graphics called smooth shadows. I suggest not using any form of smooth shadows, they all seem to cut FPS directly in half vs regular high shadow setting. I just noticed it was on High Smooth and put it on regular high and I am getting a solid 60 FPS throughout the game now.

Hey thanks. This fixed a bunch of jankiness that had come up on mine.

Revoh

So how many days are you supposed to wait to get a response from Blizzard?
I've sent an email about 3 days ago and haven't received anything from them yet.

Cipherr

So, I've been equipping myself entirely on drops and buying shit on the AH.

Am I missing something by not upgrading the Blacksmith guy? I don't break down drops anymore, I just sell them all to merchants...

I dont know, with the lowered changes to the costs of upgrading, it might actually be beneficial for you to buy his upgrades and craft yourself some gear for slots you need.

This is assuming you are intentionally trying to avoid the AH. If you dont mind using the AH, its much more efficient than the blacksmith.

Hidden patch changes:

•General

◦The Last Stand of the Ancients event in the Festering Woods no longer spawns every game, and now has multiple positions in which it can appear throughout the zone

◦Monks now properly use all weapons in their attack animations

◦The gold reward from multiple quests has been reduced

•Items

◦The 4-piece bonus for the Natalya's Wrath set now grants +2 discipline regeneration per second, up from +0.42

•Skills

◦Barbarian

■Ancient Spear can no longer prevent Treasure Goblins from entering their portal (unconfirmed, waiting for input from Barbarian players)

◦Demon Hunter

■Evasive Fire no longer hits enemies or objects behind walls created by Waller elites or sand doors in the zones of Zoltun Kulle's Archives

•Bosses

◦Zoltun Kulle teleports to the player every ~10 seconds if the player is more than half a screen away and instantly throws a fireball (this was mentioned in the official patch notes, but with "occasionally" as opposed to the exact frequency, and with no mention of the instant fireball)

•Monsters

◦The Vortex ability on elites now has an increased range, similar to that of the maximum range of Mortar post-patch

◦Elite packs heal all damage taken much sooner than before when not engaged combat (tested in Act II, Inferno)

◦Dark Summoners in the Halls of Agony (Act I) will now summon a normal Unholy Thrall as opposed to a champion one when left alone to complete their ritual

◦The rare pack that spawned outside the entrance to the Ancient Waterway in Dahlgur Oasis has been replaced with a single unique monster

◦Monster spawns in Highlands Crossing have been changed so that previously safe areas can now be populated by monsters

◦Upon crossing the first bridge in Highlands Crossing, two Dark Berserkers are summoned

•Chat

◦If you send a private message to someone and he replies, you no longer automatically enter reply mode (/r) after hitting Enter

◦The channel text colour has changed from teal to light beige

◦The game messages text colour (e.g. game joins/leaves, toggling loot display on the ground, salvage results, etc.) has changed from light beige to yellow

◦If a player playing a Battle.net game other than Diablo III comes online, the message that appears in the chat window now prefixes their name with the icon of the game (i.e. World of Warcraft)

◦It is no longer possible to send messages to party chat when not in a game (possibly a bug fix?)

•Auction House

◦The Auctions and Completed tabs of the AH user interface now show (enclosed in brackets) the number of auctions in progress and completed, respectively

◦The item quality filter dropdown menu in the AH search interface now has colour-coded elements (i.e. blue text for magic, yellow for rare, etc.)

◦The item tooltip in the AH user interface now shows the calculated DPS (as mentioned the official patch notes) but when searching for an item, the DPS column of the result table shows the raw weapon DPS

•Bug fixes

◦Zoltun Kulle no longer appears/talks as the player approaches the shadow locks in Unknown Depths and Storm Halls if he has been killed already

◦The Villager's Journal lore item can now be found in an Old Keepsake Box in The Old Ruins

◦The bonus to critical hit chance granted by the Sharpshooter passive no longer resets when moving items around in the inventory

ch0mp

It doesn't matter what the weapon is or how fast or slow it is. It is only about 1 number. DPS. you can try to put more complexity into the VERY dumbed down DPS system, but that number is the bottom line.
Of course speed matters. Fury/spirit generation is effected, as is LoH.

Brashnir

It doesn't matter what the weapon is or how fast or slow it is. It is only about 1 number. DPS. you can try to put more complexity into the VERY dumbed down DPS system, but that number is the bottom line.

Not exactly. Certain builds want faster attacks for more hits for more effects such as Life on Hit.

However, the inverse is also true in some cases. Wizard Arcane Orb builds are generally OK with slow attack speed weapons since they're trying to get maximum damage out of a relatively-infrequent orb attack.

Ok, well I play a wiz, so that is where my line of thinking comes from. I would have bought that mace for 2 mil and then punch myself in the dick to make up the difference...I'
m just not that lucky lol.

yacobod

Banned
Not exactly. Certain builds want faster attacks for more hits for more effects such as Life on Hit.

However, the inverse is also true in some cases. Wizard Arcane Orb builds are generally OK with slow attack speed weapons since they're trying to get maximum damage out of a relatively-infrequent orb attack.

generally speaking an arcane orb/venom hydra wizards do better with slow 2 handers.

GJS

Ok, well I play a wiz, so that is where my line of thinking comes from. I would have bought that mace for 2 mil and then punch myself in the dick to make up the difference...I'

For the above reasons and just out of preference, there is less demand for low aps high dps weapons by melee classes, the majority would prefer to get a 1.4 aps weapon or higher.

So a 200 int mace or spear etc is less likely to get bought by a melee class for the dps alone, which means the price should generally be a lot lower relying more on demand by wizards/witch doctors.

uh, weapon speed is enormously important, it matters even for wizards.

faster attack speed for kiting builds, slow big 2 handers for orb/hydra

Ketch

So the weapon I was waiting until this morning to bid on has suddenly vanished from the AH? WTF

-Not Winning, My bid, current bid = 0, 47 minutes left...

Are people still taking shit down with some kind of glitch because this is BS

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I dont know, with the lowered changes to the costs of upgrading, it might actually be beneficial for you to buy his upgrades and craft yourself some gear for slots you need.

This is assuming you are intentionally trying to avoid the AH. If you dont mind using the AH, its much more efficient than the blacksmith.

That's the assumption I was going on, thanks!

scy

Wizards do have the fewest spells that require high APS but the most popular build for them up until recently was a super high Attack Speed build using their signature spells.

Would someone be willing to make me a deal?

Gear my Wizard to Inferno Act 1 viability and I will give you all of my identifiable rare/legendary/set drops rated level i60-i63 that I farm in a 5 day period. I cannot guarantee the quality of the items, but I can guarantee that I will farm inferno Act 1 for at least 5 hours per day (I usually do more than that in Hell act three now).

I will hand over all items unidentified, so I will not know what the stat distribution is.

I will take a picture each day of my starting time played on my character and finish time played on my character so you know you are getting at least 25 hours worth of farm time.

I am running a Blizzard/Arcane Orb/Hydra build as far as where the important stats are concerned. I am currently 22k dps, 33k hp and shitty resists (160ish across the board).

Just throwing it out there if anyone is interested. I'm US server based.

Got sick of farming act I and decided I would go find ZK's blood and then went to take him out this morning before work. I didn't have time for Belial. Which sucks too because I won't be able to try for at least a couple days. My wife's birthday is today and our only day off together is tomorrow.

I'm not sure I would say act II has been easier for me after the patch. I've had to regear for another 2 mil to get to where I was this morning. The hit to IAS hurt me even with the nerf to the elemental damage. Though I was pretty comfortable this morning. I had a 5 stack the whole time and made money so I wasn't dying much at all.

What's a good starting point for Monk in Act III?

Yep, that's the kind of thinking that is making all the prices of 1.2k dps go high.

It varies. My wizard build needs IAS to kite. I have a much higher dps weapon with me now, but foregoing using it since the 0.90 speed is hell on my build.

Deadly

Would someone be willing to make me a deal?

Gear my Wizard to Inferno Act 1 viability and I will give you all of my identifiable rare/legendary/set drops rated level i60-i63 that I farm in a 5 day period. I cannot guarantee the quality of the items, but I can guarantee that I will farm inferno Act 1 for at least 5 hours per day (I usually do more than that in Hell act three now).

I will hand over all items unidentified, so I will not know what the stat distribution is.

I will take a picture each day of my starting time played on my character and finish time played on my character so you know you are getting at least 25 hours worth of farm time.

I am running a Blizzard/Arcane Orb/Hydra build as far as where the important stats are concerned. I am currently 22k dps, 33k hp and shitty resists (160ish across the board).

Just throwing it out there if anyone is interested. I'm US server based.
That's pretty much inferno act 1 viable already.. I'm sure a weapon could raise that to 30k dps and you're fine.

Yep, that's the kind of thinking that is making all the prices of 1.2k dps go high.

It varies. My wizard build needs IAS to kite. I have a much higher dps weapon with me now, but foregoing using it since the 0.90 speed is hell on my build.

I sacrifice DPS for speed as well. Helps build spirit and helps with LOH.

RDreamer

Crossbow comparisons seem to be bugged. It doesn't take the equipped quiver into account for the new bow being compared, but does have it taken into account for the old bow.

I just bought a bow with more dps, and 40% more crit damage than the one I have for when I turn level 60, but it showed I would lose 3000 dps, so I was really confused until I removed my quiver, then the comparison worked with just the bows, but I can't tell how much better it'd be with the same quiver, unfortunately.

UberTag

Just a heads up that the previously bugged "The Lyceum" dungeon spawn from the Southern Highlands in Act I was also fixed in this week's patch.

Still waiting on the Battlefield Reports lorebook glitch in Act III to get patched.

Revoh

So how many days are you supposed to wait to get a response from Blizzard?
I've sent an email about 3 days ago and haven't received anything from them yet.

LOL, just got a response.
Basically: "We have so much job so why don't you open a ticket again and wait for another week and we maaaay solve your problem... but don't count on it!"

Morons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom