• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Servers are probably down to hotfix more fun out of the game. Theres only so much fun you can remove from the game with full patches.

Danj

At what item level does DPS start going into the multiple hundreds? I'm level 51 now and I've never found anything with even as much as 200 DPS on it, I'm starting to get concerned that when I reach level 60 my gear won't be anywhere near good enough, what with everyone posting these level 60 1000+ DPS weapons.

ripped from general on the official boards:

This is actually a pretty good run in terms of elite farming. Festering Woods, Cemetery, and Leoric's manner have the elites relatively close to waypoints/dungeon entrances. Depending on your gear I bet you could do those three in under 15 minutes and that'd be ~10 elite packs.

I just tried this run and it's pretty good. I do a pony run to end it and you end up with a decent amount of stuff

Cipherr

At what item level does DPS start going into the multiple hundreds? I'm level 51 now and I've never found anything with even as much as 200 DPS on it, I'm starting to get concerned that when I reach level 60 my gear won't be anywhere near good enough, what with everyone posting these level 60 1000+ DPS weapons.

In act 1 of inferno you will find 400-700 dps weapons pretty quickly, so I wouldnt worry to much about it. But by level 48 or so a person can get a multi hundred dps weapon with reduced level req on it from the AH. Normally pretty cheap. Drops around that range should start showing up in Hell I think.

Hmm would a pure blue 1150 dps crossbow be an upgrade over
960 dps, +90 dex, +70% crit dmg one ?

I have about 31% natural crit chance and 1350 dex.

What're the stats on the blue bow? If it has some crit, then maybe. I wouldn't bite, though. I'd rather just hold onto that and save up for an even better bow.

I replaced my vanilla 1.2k dps blue xbow with 990dps xbow with 130 dex and a socket and it boosted my dps by like 2-3k. I don't remember now.

What're the stats on the blue bow? If it has some crit, then maybe. I wouldn't bite, though. I'd rather just hold onto that and save up for an even better bow.

I replaced my vanilla 1.2k dps blue xbow with 990dps xbow with 130 dex and a socket and it boosted my dps by like 2-3k. I don't remember now.

Thx. Guess i need to collect those 15 milions for high dmg bow/crossbow with socket and some dex to even upgrade mine which i got for 400k :(

Audioboxer

Kripp's witch doctor build looks pretty fun. Not sure how well it would do in act 3 and 4 but eh who cares. I kind of want to try it.

Can you post the build please? Thanks

Also I won this for 800 gold last night

Screenshot011.jpg

Nothing impressive for most of you, but it's a good short term upgrade for my 52 Barb as he progresses through Act 1 of Hell. Cheapest thing I've won yet.

zou

Blizzard support is some fucking joke...

Called, got told they are busy and to check the website, then they disconnected me. Created a ticket, two days no response, then they mark it as resolved with "lol we're busy fuck you".

eek5

Hotfixed within 24 hours.

I think the only thing in that build that will be changed will be the LoH returrn of reflected damage on Overpower.

I don't understand why my inferno crafting mats won't sale. I see the cost fluctuate a lot and mine is currently the cheapest for 10,

The action on commodity auctions is insane. A lot of the prices things sell for aren't even shown on refreshes because they're sold as soon as they get listed. Look at the last 10 price and try listing it under that and it should sell immediately. You'll notice when you buy something you'll usually get a refund because you're actually purchasing at less than the listed price. Same deal with selling; you have to undercut by a lot to get it to move.

LordCanti

I'm down to my last 5m gold. It's been a wild ride flipping stuff on the RMAH, but it's almost time to hang up my spurs.

I don't understand why my inferno crafting mats won't sale. I see the cost fluctuate a lot and mine is currently the cheapest for 10,

The system isn't very good at showing the current cheapest price. For instance, if I buy an emerald for 1000, but the "average" price is more like 500, I'd get a refund for somewhere between 300-500 gold. This happened a lot when I was still trying to make money crafting gems (made 1m...then my tomes ran out, I price checked tomes, and realized that there was no money to be made).

In other words, yours probably aren't the cheapest. You've just got to let them sit there until they are.

ThinFinn

So I have Chiltara in my game now.

Add ThinFinn#1784 on US server if anyone needs the Gibbering Gemstone.

Will probably be killing in 10 minutes or when party is full.

Danj

In act 1 of inferno you will find 400-700 dps weapons pretty quickly, so I wouldnt worry to much about it. But by level 48 or so a person can get a multi hundred dps weapon with reduced level req on it from the AH. Normally pretty cheap. Drops around that range should start showing up in Hell I think.

When you say "normally pretty cheap", what sort of amount of gold are you talking? Because I notice level 60 players' idea of "cheap" isn't the same as everyone else's. I've still never managed to have more than 50,000 gold at once.

eek5

When you say "normally pretty cheap", what sort of amount of gold are you talking? Because I notice level 60 players' idea of "cheap" isn't the same as everyone else's. I've still never managed to have more than 50,000 gold at once.

Did a quick search

I3dEW.png

This was 20k

Morokh

So, I have a ring like that :

+9 Max Damage
+45 Dex
+111 Intel
+104 Vitality
+40 All resist
Requires lvl 59

tried selling it for 2 million twice (since rings with stats like that but with strength cost 3 times that price for my Barb) did not sell !

tried 10€ and then 5€, did not sell either

can I have a price check or some advice ?

+9 Max Damage
+45 Dex
+111 Intel
+104 Vitality
+40 All resist
Requires lvl 59

tried selling it for 2 million twice (since rings with stats like that but with strength cost 3 times that price for my Barb) did not sell !

Hmm I'm not sure if it is that good to be honest.

No crit chance, no IAS, no crit dmg, no GF/MF - just pure stats and res all that's kinda enchantress class item.

Woo-Fu

Banned

+9 Max Damage
+45 Dex
+111 Intel
+104 Vitality
+40 All resist
Requires lvl 59

The problem is that it doesn't have any of the stats people with large bank are looking for:

crit chance/crit damage
attack speed
magic find

They're not just looking for one of those, they're looking for all of them plus a main stat at 100+ and a socket. :)

That automatically drops it out of the million+ tier. Even in the lower tier it has mismatched stats. Dex+Int kills the sale of many an item. :)

What I would do is list it for 20k with no buyout. Somebody fresh out of Hell with crappy rings might buy it just to fill a slot. If you get luck there will be a few people like that who bid up the price a bit.

You can also do all right with near-max rolls of str or dex + vit + resist all, but they have to be near max to get a barbarian(str) or a monk(dex) to consider it.

There aren't a lot of people browsing after 1.03 and quite a few of them are cautious about what they buy thanks to blizzard's "nerf anything that works" policy. You need to have awesome gear at a good price or really good gear at a steal if you want to sell anything on the gold auction house.

bs000

I found a magic source with 82-364 damage and 20% gold find. Do you guys think I could sell it just for the damage?

People (bots? :p) would probably buy just for the gold find. I sold two with similar damage and 20% gold find for 300k each. One had like 70 int and the other had like 70 vit.

Monk using arcane res would love that.

I have a monk using arcane res.

I love that.

Too bad it's barb only. I think barbs like some type of damage mitigation and life steal. But I'm no barb.

Yeah it's ridiculous. This is like the first in 30 that I've found that actually had strength on it

It does look decent enough, so I might put it aside for my own barb. Buying gear when I need it will cost a fuck ton

So how can one obtain MF gear and still be able to farm hell? I can barely do hell solo and I can't even do inferno.

Buy better gear? i have been face rolling act III/IV with 275GF when all my stacks are up but if i really put some money into it i could faceroll ACTI too with my monk. Right now i die pretty frequently, but all the gf gear i bought is pretty low level so my repair is not terrible.

Sarcasm

I have 250K gold. I use to have more before but die once and its 1k lol.

So....I have to use the damn AH? I have low DPS 8K and like 23K HP...man I was trying not to use the AH.

So whats a good price for gear?

So....I have to use the damn AH? I have low DPS 8K and like 23K HP...man I was trying not to use the AH.

Getting MF gear that you can actually kill in is almost impossible to find, so you'll have to hit the AH.

Since you're a wiz just grab stuff with a lot of INT and MF. Maybe a bit of VIT here and there

rCIZZLE

So how can one obtain MF gear and still be able to farm hell? I can barely do hell solo and I can't even do inferno.

The answer almost always start with getting the highest dps weapon you can comfortably afford and working your gear around it. For your situation, high dps wep and MF/extra dps/vit/res is probably the best for the rest of the equip with high MF being priority.

edit: just saw your other post. Ya, you're going to have to use the AH unless you want to MF for MF gear with no MF. ha

Whats your current ATK on your weapon? Are you on US? i have a 767 with socket one handed monk weapon you can roll with a while until you get some cash flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom