• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commodities don't work on RMAH yet but based on GAH prices you'd be able to get ~40 dollars for it when/if commodities ever go up.

Geh, I might just put it on GAH then.

Did Blizz change some rules with the RMAH? I've sold two things and they are both stating "processing". Other stuff I've sold before is instant.

It'll need to be verified if the item is sold at a price over usd10.

Definity

Did Blizz change some rules with the RMAH? I've sold two things and they are both stating "processing". Other stuff I've sold before is instant.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It doesn't matter what the weapon is or how fast or slow it is. It is only about 1 number. DPS. you can try to put more complexity into the VERY dumbed down DPS system, but that number is the bottom line.

There is more to a weapon than DPS. Some classes have to worry about animation speeds, particularly when stutter-stepping.

The faster the weapon is, the better.

Some skills/procs are per hit, the more attacks the better.

I can only assume from your post that you have never played Witch Doctor, or at least not in any difficulty level where kiting was actually necessary.

LordCanti

Geh, I might just put it on GAH then.

That isn't a bad idea really. You'd take a 30% paypal hit once the commodities are up anyway. It's a way better idea to take the millions now, buy stuff in the AH, and then flip that stuff on the RMAH.

People still pay $10 per million (or more) for stuff on the RMAH because there's no quick, safe way to buy gold. It's insane.

If you really want to cut out the middleman, you could sell it via a forum, and bypass the 15% gold fee.

Svartnatt

Question about searching on the AH.

Was looking for some ring upgrades last night. My current ring is +5-10 damage with a socket.

For the life of me I could not find the right search attributes for +damage on rings. I tried every attribute that fell under the damage category, and none of the searches turned up any results. Am I doing it wrong or is something bugged?

UberTag

Was looking for some ring upgrades last night. My current ring is +5-10 damage with a socket.

For the life of me I could not find the right search attributes for +damage on rings. I tried every attribute that fell under the damage category, and none of the searches turned up any results. Am I doing it wrong or is something bugged?
You're not doing anything wrong. This has been bugged since Day 1 and has yet to be corrected despite this week's extensive Auction House search filter updates. Still no way to look up +Damage on rings and amulets. I usually just plug in all of my other search criteria and then comb through the results to find any +Damage/"Of Wounding/Of Agony" candidates from the magic/rare items in spits back at me.

Xanathus

There's currently no way to search for +damage affixes, but it doesn't matter because that affix is bad unless you're below level 15.

UberTag

There's currently no way to search for +damage affixes, but it doesn't matter because that affix is bad unless you're below level 15.
I wouldn't say it's "bad" per se as a +Damage modifier can still "outpunch" an equivalent primary stat/Crit Chance/Crit Damage modifier through even early-to-mid Nightmare.

Obviously it's pretty much pointless for anyone beyond that, however.

syllogism

It can be a very good affix on ilvl 62 rings/ammies. I've seen something like 25-60 which is worth about 80 main stat for me and it's even better when if your attack speed is higher. Obviously you don't buy an item with just that affix. But hey I hope everyone keeps thinking it's worthless.

MrDaravon

Found the rare amulet below this morning. Seems pretty decent for a Barbarian? Debating if it'd be worth the DPS loss for the HP gain for my DH (my Damage below is unbuffed):

Holy shit, I can't find anything similar on the Auction Houses. On the Gold Auction House just searching for Str and Vit in that range looks like around 2-2.5 million, but then with any price I can only find ONE amulet that has Life +% and it's a +7% (with like 46 int and 40 arcane res instead of the Dex mine has) and it's sitting with 20 million but with no bids and no buyout. On the Gold AH the only amulet I can find with those stats with Life is a Kymbo's Gold with +7% life and about 200 life on hit instead of Dex, and that's priced at $120. Looking at comparable ones on the RMAH I might be able to move this at $100-130+? Am I looking at this right?

6s6tG.jpg

Won

Finally encountered a boss with the invul minions mod. You can feel the nerfed HP, but still a pretty dumb mod. At least minions despawn properly now it seems.

BFIB

Sweet. Finally got around to beating the game on normal w/ my Barbarian. Beat Diablo and get a rare sword. Level 17. And rare shoulder armor. Level 17.

Awesome. I'm level 31.

Does the drops get a lot better on Nightmare?

inky

You'll be getting a lot of stuff around 10 levels below your current level up until you get to Inferno. On Nightmare and Hell bosses won't even drop rares.

Won

Another Invul Minions boss. Somehow added a pack with Shielding and Mortar in the middle of the fight. I guess that's what Blizzard calls a challenge.

Edit: Still ended up killing them without dying. DH too strong!

foladar

It's always been this way since day 1, at least regarding Paypal pay out, no clue about Blizz Bucks since they have enough of my money.

I think 1.0.3 was the last straw for me though, game is dull and boring now, even more after they nerfed the act 3 drops of ilevel 63, er "buffed" to 8%.

Inferno Belial is such a bitch. I'm playing with average 400ms of lag and when he land a punch, I usualy take hit before I could stop my attack and try to move away.

When he spam the map with aoe, I just stand here and die because I can't dodge anything with that lag.

Also, breath hit box touching me before the animation. I try to use absord and buble skills but even if I activate it earlier, that I see the animation, I still die from his attacks

alexel

Found the rare amulet below this morning. Seems pretty decent for a Barbarian? Debating if it'd be worth the DPS loss for the HP gain for my DH (my Damage below is unbuffed):

Holy shit, I can't find anything similar on the Auction Houses. On the Gold Auction House just searching for Str and Vit in that range looks like around 2-2.5 million, but then with any price I can only find ONE amulet that has Life +% and it's a +7% (with like 46 int and 40 arcane res instead of the Dex mine has) and it's sitting with 20 million but with no bids and no buyout. On the Gold AH the only amulet I can find with those stats with Life is a Kymbo's Gold with +7% life and about 200 life on hit instead of Dex, and that's priced at $120. Looking at comparable ones on the RMAH I might be able to move this at $100-130+? Am I looking at this right?

6s6tG.jpg

I'd honestly be shocked if that amulet sold for more than $1 million gold on the AH. I'm at work so I can't check now, but I would expect that amulet to be somewhere around the 300k-500k gold range. It's obviously an amulet that barbs will want to use, but the most important attributes on a barb amulet is life on hit and all resistance. While strength is nice for some dps/armor boost and that's a crapload of HP on it, those aren't as high on the priority list.

If you take a close look, that amulet is only marginally better than the blue amulet you have on now. The only advantage it has is the additional life %. The price for it will probably just be marginally higher than what you paid for that blue amulet.

inky

So guys,

http://i.imgur.com/FX3gf.png[IMG]

Is this worth $250?[/QUOTE]

Let's see, it has good dex, low vit, resist can be ignored, nice fear on hit, no socket, good armor but no extra stats. I don't know if $250, but someone would pay between $90 and $120 for sure. That or between 10 and 15 million is my guess.

Artanisix

Life on hit is good for tank barbs. That's still a good barb amulet though just because of stats, it'll sell for several mill.

Lifesteal % is what DPS barbs want. A lot of them just don't realize how good lifesteal is yet.

sabanoo

Speaking of Wiz attack speed, I wanna do a melee/archon build on mine

Using this build at the moment with about 1.6 aps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WYXVOm!Yfg!YYaYcb

Would I benefit from increasing that or should I just concentrate on getting my crit really high?

Having high crits on my melee wizard has been amazing so far. I've been using Spectral Blades + Deep Cuts and Meteor + Star Pact. The Meteor hits almost always get me all of my cooldowns back. I think I have around 40% crit. I used to have decent attack speed but after the nerf I've been focusing solely on crits and act II inferno has been pretty easy.

Also unless you have no other incoming life sources the Healing Blades rune is really underpowered. I tried it for a while but the return was just so low it didn't seem worthwhile to me.

Was playing my monk in the 30s yesterday. The class feels pretty gimped compared to barb (heh). It's tough to sustain your health, whereas at least with barb you have revenge proccing once every few GCDs. Health on Spirit Spent is ok, but it requires a constant inflow of spirit, which presents issues.

inky

Lifesteal % is what DPS barbs want. A lot of them just don't realize how good lifesteal is yet.

The highest roll on a weapon is 4%, right. Then there is the Bloodthirst passive which is another 3%. Then there's the different life steal abilities, of which I guess the 20% rune for ignore pain is the most important (although that seems to be capped somewhat- or so I've heard- and it's only for those 5 seconds duration with a high cooldown). I think you can roll life steal on belts (idk about other equipment). So let's say you can get to about 30% life steal for all damage done, then the actual value is nerfed 80%. So how much damage realistically would you have to do in order to get about the same healing you get with around 1500 Life on Hit with about 2 APS? It's a serious question, but it has to be in the hundreds of thousands right? Plus at that point you are building less resists, and giving up defensive passives for massive strength and critical chance/dmg. Maybe a build which incorporates both LoH and Life Steal % but I haven't seen those.

I don't think people fail to realize it, I think it is even more cost prohibitive than the usual Life on Hit to have comparable or better effects, but I could be wrong.

idlewild_

The highest roll on a weapon is 4%, right. Then there is the Bloodthirst passive which is another 3%. Then there's the different life steal abilities, of which I guess the 20% rune for ignore pain is the most important (although that seems to be capped somewhat- or so I've heard- and it's only for those 5 seconds duration with a high cooldown). I think you can roll life steal on belts (idk about other equipment). So let's say you can get to about 30% life steal for all damage done, then the actual value is nerfed 80%. So how much damage realistically would you have to do in order to get about the same healing you get with around 1500 Life on Hit with about 2 APS? It's a serious question, but it has to be in the hundreds of thousands right? Plus at that point you are building less resists, and giving up defensive passives for massive strength and critical chance/dmg. Maybe a build which incorporates both LoH and Life Steal % but I haven't seen those.

I don't think people fail to realize it, I think it is even more cost prohibitive than the usual Life on Hit to have comparable or better effects, but I could be wrong.

you'd only need 25k dps to make 30% lifesteal equal to 1500 loh.

I think it's dependent on what skills you use. My (limited) understanding is that lifesteal scales better on aoe\multitarget damage but for single target damage (e.g. frenzy) life on hit is better.

inky

you'd only need 25k dps to make 30% lifesteal equal to 1500 loh.

That's the basic math, but I don't think it works that way. Some skills aren't as straightforward with Lifesteal % as Life on Hit is. Remember there are abilities that inflict a % of weapon damage, some over time, some extra damage, some hit multiple targets. etc.

Dahbomb

Was playing my monk in the 30s yesterday. The class feels pretty gimped compared to barb (heh). It's tough to sustain your health, whereas at least with barb you have revenge proccing once every few GCDs. Health on Spirit Spent is ok, but it requires a constant inflow of spirit, which presents issues.
You may not have unlocked some of these yet but Mantra of Evasion (on Hard Target), Breath of Heaven, Serenity and Sweeping Wind with Thunderfists that give the 15% evasion and some defensive moves like Blind or Lashing Tail will help you survive a lot.

Get the passives that give you Armor for Dex and the dual wielding evasion bonus if you dual wield. Add in some life on hit or some extra life per spirit spent/spirit regeneration and you can tank through pretty much anything from Normal to Hell including bosses and tough affixes. You basically keep your buffs up and keep attacking as much as you can to keep building Spirit and keep using spells to constantly heal. As long as you aren't surrounded heavily by enemies, you will be able to tank because your evasion rate is going to be extremely high. Yesterday I got the "Like Water" achievement which you get for dodging 15 attacks in a row. For Inferno you are going to need to drop one of your passives (most probably the dual wielding one) for the One with Everything passive which can allow you to have a shit ton of Resistances.

idlewild_

That's the basic math, but I don't think it works that way. Some skills aren't as straightforward with Lifesteal % as Life on Hit is.

depends on whether it's melee or aoe, 50k is break even for single target AND lifesteal scales better for aoe. ls% also scales with crit/crit damage which loh does not; so stacking crit/damage now that IAS has been nerfed makes ls% better than it used to be when everyone stacked IAS.

edit: i meant 50k, i fail at math :)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Having high crits on my melee wizard has been amazing so far. I've been using Spectral Blades + Deep Cuts and Meteor + Star Pact. The Meteor hits almost always get me all of my cooldowns back. I think I have around 40% crit. I used to have decent attack speed but after the nerf I've been focusing solely on crits and act II inferno has been pretty easy.

Also unless you have no other incoming life sources the Healing Blades rune is really underpowered. I tried it for a while but the return was just so low it didn't seem worthwhile to me.

Yeah, meteor crits always trigger critical mass. It's kinda broken if you have high enough crit chance. Probably not working as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom