• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

theta11

Any reason why the price of weapons is so inflated? It's not like the stuff is selling at these crazy prices. The people who have the money already have better weapons. It's funny because in theory if people sold cheaper it would in the end benefit them as more people with better gear farming the content increases the amount of items on the market. Everyone wants to buy cheap items but sell expensive. =/

eek5

Any reason why the price of weapons is so inflated? It's not like the stuff is selling at these crazy prices. The people who have the money already have better weapons. It's funny because in theory if people sold cheaper it would in the end benefit them as more people with better gear farming the content increases the amount of items on the market. Everyone wants to buy cheap items but sell expensive. =/

Why would I want to enable more people to farm as efficiently as I do? That'd just cut into my profits.

What makes you think the people who have the money already have better weapons? Surely one can save up the profits from many 3-5m gold sales here and there, and the occasional "jackpot" 10-15m gold sale and eventually pay 70m gold for a weapon.

I found my first 5 stat recipe this morning. The fine bracers. I had heard only the 6 stat recipies were selling for much. The 5 stat one's were going for 450K though. Not bad.

JoeFenix

Searched for a pub game on inferno a1 in the supposedly coop focused Diablo 3 today. Matchmaking was taking forever and I couldn't seem to cancel it. Walked away from computer for 30 seconds to come back to this beauty.

IwHQa.jpg

Really good shit Blizzard! Oh well, atleast this guy seemed happy about it!

What ilvl are the plans considered? I'm wondering if they drop in Act 1 at all?

I was wondering this as well. I found a ton of plans in act I and all of them with 4 stats. I was wondering if higher quality recipies would start dropping on lower difficulties once patch 1.0.3 comes out.

Rufus said:
Yes, they do and only the ones with 4 stats drop in Act 1 Inferno.

And there's my answer.

I'm basically looking for a build that can kill somewhat efficiently without having to kite very often. Even if I sell off my DH, which I'm trying to do, I probably won't be able to go for very high block or a godly 1k 800loh wep since I'll only have around 40m max to work with. If I could efficiently farm A3 or even A1 then Ponies I'd be pretty happy.

Well you don't need much for act 1 and 2. 700+ dps weapon and total of about 600 loh would probably be fine for them. Act 3 you will definitely want a lot more of both, to be honest it's going to cost you a lot in gear to be able to run act 3 efficiently. Probably more than 40 mil with prices the way they are now. I'm still not there yet even with the nerfs, just don't have the dps to make it worth my time. Ponies I have no idea, I'm guessing you're going to need about the same as act3.

theta11

What makes you think the people who have the money already have better weapons? Surely one can save up the profits from many 3-5m gold sales here and there, and the occasional "jackpot" 10-15m gold sale and eventually pay 70m gold for a weapon.

I'm specifically talking about lower to mid range weapons costing 5m plus.

macewank

Searched for a pub game on inferno a1 in the supposedly coop focused Diablo 3 today. Matchmaking was taking forever and I couldn't seem to cancel it. Walked away from computer for 30 seconds to come back to this beauty.

IwHQa.jpg

errrr.. did they not put a portal on the entrance-side like they did at the bridge? lulllzzzzzzz

Jrmint

IwHQa.jpg

Damn that really sucks, sorry man. What an asshole that guy is. He'll get what's coming to him.

As far as the 4 enchantment plans - are those just worth learning then? They don't sell for anything right?

bonesquad

I'm probably late on this, but it's about damn time they stopped advertising Diablo 3 was for sale every time you started the game launcher. Even better they replaced it with an 'ad' for the authenticator. Now there are no excuses...

JoeFenix

errrr.. did they not put a portal on the entrance-side like they did at the bridge? lulllzzzzzzz

Can't believe you can die in town, seriously, it must have dumped me in a game where this guy already had the zombies there. It happened so fucking fast, I had pretty godlike stuff, lvl 60 isn't a big deal but man..

Must have had a good 30 mill worth of stuff. Not sure what to do now honestly, In 200 hours of gameplay I have only died twice and none of them were my fault. Terrible.

Camwi

IwHQa.jpg

Wow. That's unbelievably douchey.

UberTag

Damn that really sucks, sorry man. What an asshole that guy is. He'll get what's coming to him.

As far as the 4 enchantment plans - are those just worth learning then? They don't sell for anything right?
They sell for a bit. Unless they're absolute rubbish 4-prop gear like Dread Shields, you're looking at anywhere from 30K-100K for a 4-enchantment plan. I've been purchasing these things readily off the AH of late since maxing out my Blacksmith in Nightmare and that's the price range I've been seeing.

Losing a fully trained hardcore Level 60 character in Act I's town while AFK is easily the most tragic Diablo death I can think of. Wow.

Ashhong

Can't believe you can die in town, seriously, it must have dumped me in a game where this guy already had the zombies there. It happened so fucking fast, I had pretty godlike stuff, lvl 60 isn't a big deal but man..

Must have had a good 30 mill worth of stuff. Not sure what to do now honestly, In 200 hours of gameplay I have only died twice and none of them were my fault. Terrible.

Wait, is that hardcore?

Hooooooooooooooly shit what a piece of shit that guy is. I wouuld take it up with Blizzard and ask that your account get rolled back, because that is bullshit.

theta11

IwHQa.jpg

This really sucks, sorry to see that happening.

Griefing is one the main reasons I don't play hardcore =/

Finally progressed in Inferno with my DH. Ughh some of those elite combos are just so demotivating.

I have 45k dps, 20k health 2900 armor and AR is up to 379. I think my AR is the weak point.

Does farming pony level hell ever drop nething worthwhile? or should I still just grind what I can of ActI Inferno?

JoeFenix

Wait, is that hardcore?

Hooooooooooooooly shit what a piece of shit that guy is. I wouuld take it up with Blizzard and ask that your account get rolled back, because that is bullshit.

I won't even bother, they have a strict policy against reviving HC characters. I really thought they fixed this in 1.0.3 and honestly I think even if I hadn't walked away for 30 seconds I still would have died, the matchmaking felt like it was hanging up and I couldn't even cancel it.

It probably put me in the game anyway and when I came back this guy had already led the zombie to me.

IwHQa.jpg

That's got to be one of the worst most douchey things I've ever seen.

I would report it regardless. Even if you don't get a rollback. Maybe you'll get some retribution.

theta11

This new change to commodities is great for crafting, it's forcing down the price of Exquisite Essences pretty quickly 500g per in 3 days while the price of items is going up.

Makeitrain.gif

This new change to commodities is great for crafting, it's forcing down the price of Exquisite Essences pretty quickly 500g per in 3 days while the price of items is going up.

Makeitrain.gif

People really need to stop undercutting items that sell in 15 sceonds without undercutting.

Wedge7

Makeitrain.gif

WHAT!??

I spent like 1.8k per each like this morning.

Err, are you sure you dont mean Iridescent tears?

Why is the plan for 6 property gloves worth 32 million? That makes no fucking sense, who would pay 32 million so that you could craft pieces of shit 99% of the time at a 100k a pop?

Wedge7

Ooooh, I gotcha I gotcha, I just read it incorrectly.

Thought you meant that they were 500g each, as opposed to dropping 500g each. My bad. Thought I had horribly overpayed for a moment.

maharg

idspispopd

IwHQa.jpg

Suddenly reminded of firewalls on the spawn point in Diablo 1. Not a good association. :/

At least it's not as fast a kill as that was.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rule #1 of hardcore: don't go AFK in public games.

Why is the plan for 6 property gloves worth 32 million? That makes no fucking sense, who would pay 32 million so that you could craft pieces of shit 99% of the time at a 100k a pop?

It's really not hard to make a ton of money from crafting, and gloves give you one of the best returns atm.

Rule #1 of hardcore: don't go AFK in public games.

It's really not hard to make a ton of money from crafting, and gloves give you one of the best returns atm.

I've crafted probably 50 6-propertyhelmets at 150k a pop and the best I've gotten is something that sold for 2 million. Most of it is total shit.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I've crafted probably 50 6-propertyhelmets at 150k a pop and the best I've gotten is something that sold for 2 million. Most of it is total shit.

Well yeah. It's gambling. I've made millions just from doing random "man I got shit drops this run, gonna spend my mats crafting a handful of 5-prop bracers." Your results may vary. It also depends heavily on what slot you're crafting.

Seth C

Sweet. Finally got around to beating the game on normal w/ my Barbarian. Beat Diablo and get a rare sword. Level 17. And rare shoulder armor. Level 17.

Awesome. I'm level 31.

Does the drops get a lot better on Nightmare?

Be thankful. I've killed Diablo on Normal and Nightmare and not had a single Act boss drop even one rare item. I've killed the Butcher in Hell twice and also no rare drops.

Ploid 3.0

Sweet. Finally got around to beating the game on normal w/ my Barbarian. Beat Diablo and get a rare sword. Level 17. And rare shoulder armor. Level 17.

Awesome. I'm level 31.

Does the drops get a lot better on Nightmare?

No, the drops always reach back into it's past level reserve to feed you gear your alt classes can probably equipt. The shop keepers as well, even in inferno low level stuff drop very frequently, it seems to drop more often than level 60 and you need level 60 to enter that mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom