• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

Does anyone not use movement speed? Im trying to upgrade my boots for more resist all and its hard to find str, vit,all resist (50+) and movement speed on a pair. Im so used to the quicker walking I think it will be hard to go back

I know that feel. I refuse to use boots without movement speed, feel so slow without it. Look into sages seekers, you can usually get them for fairly cheap.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well yeah. It's gambling. I've made millions just from doing random "man I got shit drops this run, gonna spend my mats crafting a handful of 5-prop bracers." Your results may vary. It also depends heavily on what slot you're crafting.
Is the 5 prob shield pattern worth a damn? It was the only 5 prop I could find for 100k and a lot less than the others and wanted to test the waters.

inky

Does anyone not use movement speed? Im trying to upgrade my boots for more resist all and its hard to find str, vit,all resist (50+) and movement speed on a pair. Im so used to the quicker walking I think it will be hard to go back

This is the reason I don't have mov speed on my boots =( So hard to get.

Ashhong, I already sold what I bought off you for 5 bucks for 20 bucks lol. I don't feel bad though because I told you I was gonna do that, I told you that you should have tried!

eek5

Is the 5 prob shield pattern worth a damn? It was the only 5 prop I could find for 100k and a lot less than the others and wanted to test the waters.

I wouldn't craft shields or weapons. You might get lucky with shields but the block range on dread shields pretty much means you'll be required to get godly rolls for it to even sell for a couple million. Also, dread shields can roll base 10-20% block so you'd have to roll high block% AND good stats to even sell for a lot. I don't think it's worth the risk.

Weapons are limited by the maximum potential damage they can roll. You need to max roll 2 DPS modifiers to even get close to a decent iL62 weapon or waste 3 properties on dps mods. In any case, it's unlikely you'll break even on weapons unless you hit the jackpot but the ceiling is low from the start.

Helmets are also risky because you need big rolls if you don't get a socket.

The other armors aren't bad though and if you get good rolls you can make some cash.

I wouldn't craft shields or weapons. You might get lucky with shields but the block range on dread shields pretty much means you'll be required to get godly rolls for it to even sell for a couple million. Also, dread shields can roll base 10-20% block so you'd have to roll high block% AND good stats to even sell for a lot. I don't think it's worth the risk.

Weapons are limited by the maximum potential damage they can roll. You need to max roll 2 DPS modifiers to even get close to a decent iL62 weapon or waste 3 properties on dps mods. In any case, it's unlikely you'll break even on weapons unless you hit the jackpot but the ceiling is low from the start.

Helmets are also risky because you need big rolls if you don't get a socket.

The other armors aren't bad though and if you get good rolls you can make some cash.

How are the offhands (mojo, quivers, source)?

UberTag

its blizz bucks not real money... just thought I could get a really great one hand with life on hit at least over 700+
You probably could if Blizzard was more proactive with showing people what items in the RMAH have bids and which ones don't. Would stop a lot of people from overpricing their gear. Most people won't actively go into bid attempts to qualify whether there's demand for an item at a specific price range. They'll just go in and see a bunch of people pricing similar L60 gear at $50-250 and figure it must move at that price.

mileS

That barb guy is a straight up asshole thats for sure.. but personally, I would NEVER join a public game for HC inferno... esp stepping away from your computer for any amount of time when you could join the game any second.

eek5

How are the offhands (mojo, quivers, source)?

Crafted off-hand items are only iL61. The max drops for those are iL62 so you're already in the wrong ballpark in terms of damage rolls for mojos and sources. iL62 quivers are only 14% ASI so you'd need really good rolls in disc/dex/etc. for it to sell well but I don't really know the quiver market so I can't comment. The damage potential on mojos/sources is awful for iL62 so I don't think it's worth it especially when you can roll something between 24-25 damage and 72-256 damage.

The max damage roll on sources/quivers an average of 40 damage lower than a well rolled iL62 item. Not sure if you could sell one without really good rolls so I don't think it is worth it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Well, got my 2nd pair of nattie boots from a blue pack. Not even the one you kill that drops all the loot. So that makes it 2 nattie boots, and 2 tal chests that I've gotten.

eek5

40 champ/no death run

liEfd.jpg

Can't wait for them to adjust the wear and tear repair costs lol

Do DHs frequently use Grenades?

Just got a chest with 75 dex, 126 vit, 61 all resist, 191 armor, 17% MF, and +6% grenade damage.

The chest seems pretty solid even without the grenade modifier, but if grenade turns out to be a useful DH ability, it could crank it up even more.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Diablo 3 had me excited for the first time in a long while, The Butcher dropped an ilvl 63 rare ceremonial dagger.

199 Int
117 Dex
44 Vit
9 mana regen
-2 level requirement

552 damage, ah fuck noOooOooOoOooOoOoOo, so close but yet so far.

Won

Game keeps trolling me with dropping one ilvl 63 weapon after another and never handing out properly rolled damage mods. :(

DSmalls84

This is the reason I don't have mov speed on my boots =( So hard to get.

Yeah i'm probably going to have to drop it. Trying to push all my unbuffed resist over 500 at the moment. I guess it wont be as big of a deal on my barb anyway since im usually sitting in the middle of mobs anyway.

UberTag

Yeah i'm probably going to have to drop it. Trying to push all my unbuffed resist over 500 at the moment. I guess it wont be as big of a deal on my barb anyway since im usually sitting in the middle of mobs anyway.
Move Speed is an easy sacrifice for Barbs/Monks. It's virtually essential for kiting classes like Demon Hunters/Wizards but I think you're wise to stick to your unbuffed resist tact here.

I finally did it GAF!
qaUaP.jpg

One of the few, the proud, the guys with all 5 level 60 classes.
That's dedication right there. Now go do it again in Hardcore for all of them.

Should I be concerned that I'm less than 500 points way from you in the achievement point department despite still working my way through Nightmare with Character #1?

MrDaravon

Giving this yet another go; does anyone have any advice for me on what to upgrade next? I'm stuck in this weird limbo where I'm unsure if I should be starting to drop some Dex to start stacking crit damage/chance, or APS, or all resist but I don't know what #'s and priorities I should be giving to each, so I spend a while trying to find rings or amulets mostly and then don't wind up buying anything :(. Stats are unbuffed except Archery.

mileS

40 champ/no death run

liEfd.jpg

Can't wait for them to adjust the wear and tear repair costs lol

One would like to think they completely forgot about this part of the repairs when they put the patch out.. It's one thing to not want people to zerg death packs down but to punish people that just want to straight up play (that don't die) is beyond stupid.

I think one guy said its like 100+g per action? lmao. Not sure I haven't done the math myself.

foladar

its blizz bucks not real money... just thought I could get a really great one hand with life on hit at least over 700+

I sold my 600 dps 1hander with 800 LOH for $60, LOH weapons are at a premium currently. Tempted to sell my current gear out now before the game's completely dead.

Wedge7

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh542/thewedge777/maybe.png

Hrm, was originally just going to sell as a MF gear piece, but I saw earlier the guy selling selling a chest piece with high regen at a decent price. Only thing that holds it back, and this is obviously a big one, is the low low int/lack of sockets. Do you guys think the nice vit/regen and MF makes up for the lack of dmg from int to be a big seller, or am I looking at something pretty mediocre.

neoism

One would like to think they completely forgot about this part of the repairs when they put the patch out.. It's one thing to not want people to zerg death packs down but to punish people that just want to straight up play (that don't die) is beyond stupid.

I think one guy said its like 100+g per action? lmao. Not sure I haven't done the math myself.

nah blizz wants most of the money in the economy gone....... makes it worth more..

Dorrin

Is coop currently having issues? I've got a character in Act 2 nightmare and I'm not seeing any games out there. Only listed like 2k people in active games.

Is everyone still going full glass cannon or would a DH somewhere actually find this item godly?

5weRC.jpg

Trying to figure out if this is a decent monk tanking piece or a great DH dps / survivability hybrid piece.

Neki

Is everyone still going full glass cannon or would a DH somewhere actually find this item godly?

5weRC.jpg

Trying to figure out if this is a decent monk tanking piece or a great DH dps / survivability hybrid piece.

Low dex isn't good for glass cannons, low vit isn't great for hybrid DH's, and grenades are only useful for melee demon hunters.

Wedge7

I may be mistaken, at least personally, I only look at chest pieces that have +MaxDiscipline. And I dont know any DH's that use grenades ;-(

Xanathus

What the heck is up with all these price check posts which have grenade damage in them? I think I've seen 3 in the last few pages.

theta11

nah blizz wants most of the money in the economy gone....... makes it worth more..

I don't they they particularly care about the money in the economy on that level. They just did what Blizzard does, make changes without properly exploring the ramifications of said changes.

x3r0123

Giving this yet another go; does anyone have any advice for me on what to upgrade next? I'm stuck in this weird limbo where I'm unsure if I should be starting to drop some Dex to start stacking crit damage/chance, or APS, or all resist but I don't know what #'s and priorities I should be giving to each, so I spend a while trying to find rings or amulets mostly and then don't wind up buying anything :(. Stats are unbuffed except Archery.

get some crit change and dmg items

Effect

I'm hearing a lot of complaining about the game but is that just a minority? The bulk are happily playing or have played it and have moved on something else?

Sophia

I'm hearing a lot of complaining about the game but is that just a minority? The bulk are happily playing or have played it and have moved on something else?

They're mostly minor complaints now. Once you make $24 in two hours you kinda stop caring. =P

Some balance issues here and there, but they'll be sorted out in time. Ignore the complainers and enjoy the game. Unless you're one of those that never seems to connect your PC to the internet.

Dahbomb

Great game from LVLs 1-59, mediocre game at LVL60 and most of Inferno which is mostly balance related and fixable.

Any time I get burned out of the game towards the late game I am just going to roll a new character. Has worked well so far and brought back my addiction for the game. Getting real dollars for your play is also a huge motivational factor.

Effect

They're mostly minor complaints now. Once you make $24 in two hours you kinda stop caring. =P

Some balance issues here and there, but they'll be sorted out in time. Ignore the complainers and enjoy the game. Unless you're one of those that never seems to connect your PC to the internet.

Was just worried. Might buy the game tonight and just don't want to regret it. I have no need to make money off the real money auction house and might go through it solo first. Maybe even just take my time with it.

Sophia

Was just worried. Might buy the game tonight and just don't want to regret it. I have no need to make money off the real money auction house and might go through it solo first. Maybe even just take my time with it.

It's a lot better since the patch. If you even remotely like Diablo stle games, you'll probably enjoy it 1-59 at least. And who knows, you might make a buck or two. =P

1-59 is extremely satisfying. Act 2 aside.

What the hell is going on tonight. I am getting insane rubberbanding on my butcher runs.

Yeah that was happening to me too. Not insane, but far more than usual.

They fucked up the "end game" (ie inferno). The actual game 1 through 60 is probably the best hacknslash i've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom