• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Thats some pretty epic vindication for folks that were sure that Act 3/4 loot tables were adjusted downward. If Neki was as petty as me he would pull all of our quotes from folks that werent sure the nerf was true or just a bad string of luck and put us all on blast.

I wasn't really sure, I didn't do much Act 3 at all post patch, but I was hoping it wasn't true. Hilarious that they thought they could do that and the player base wouldn't notice. Busted again.

Is coop currently having issues? I've got a character in Act 2 nightmare and I'm not seeing any games out there. Only listed like 2k people in active games.

This patch did a number on public games. No one is playing pub Inferno anymore seemingly.

Also I am amused by Kripp playing a ranged class and rage quitting on all the burrowing/naturally fast/reflect damage/invulnerable snake men mobs that are cutting his WD down like nothing. The entire chat is on some 'Welcome to our world' ish.

I think I relied solely on Nether Tentacles to get to act 3 with my Demon Hunter :lol

Doing no damage now, so amazingly bad. Tried doing DR sentry with Gloom but my damage mitigation is too crappy to make it worthwhile

Think I'm gonna drop the class for now.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It isn't the drop rate that is bothering me, it is the odds against whatever does drop being worthwhile.

We're talking 1 in a 1000 rares with one of the "good" combinations of stats, at high levels.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Thats some pretty epic vindication for folks that were sure that Act 3/4 loot tables were adjusted downward. If Neki was as petty as me he would pull all of our quotes from folks that werent sure the nerf was true or just a bad string of luck and put us all on blast.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not after you.

Of course, it doesn't mean they are, either.

Ploid 3.0

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh542/thewedge777/maybe.png

Hrm, was originally just going to sell as a MF gear piece, but I saw earlier the guy selling selling a chest piece with high regen at a decent price. Only thing that holds it back, and this is obviously a big one, is the low low int/lack of sockets. Do you guys think the nice vit/regen and MF makes up for the lack of dmg from int to be a big seller, or am I looking at something pretty mediocre.

Another thing about this, 20 MF on body goes for a lot of money. Again congrats on all the money!

Id rather have a 1% drop rate on ilvl 63 if at least there was a decent probability of it not being shit.

The best are the blue ilvl 63 armor pieces that have ONE FUCKING STAT. I mean seriously, what is that shit?

If I had to estimate, about 20% of the 60s I was getting in each act before the patch were appropriate to that act.

I remember because I was getting Hellscape Masks and Sovereign crap a shit ton in Act 2

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Id rather have a 1% drop rate on ilvl 63 if at least there was a decent probability of it not being shit.

The best are the blue ilvl 63 armor pieces that have ONE FUCKING STAT. I mean seriously, what is that shit?

I think they messed with magic find in general too. Seem to get the same stuff regardless if I have 250% MF or just what NV5 gives. I'm doing much better with high stat gear and blasting through elites.

It's like 1/100 rares are actually mid range ilvl63. They're almost always amulets for me, whereas with ilvl62 it's mostly rings/bracers. The few ilvl 62 weapons I get are bad roll 2 handers, except for 1 that's level requirement reduced by 8..selling it for 3M hoping some rich player with a secondary barb picks it up. 900 dps, closest thing I could find at 52 was 400 dps.

I've "quit" this game in rage at least 3 times. So addictive and abusive. Hopefully I have better luck tomorrow.

I keep getting more gold. I have several million, but I cannot find a 1 hander worth shit that isn't 100M or $250, so I think the ilvl63 drop rate is gimped.

Totakeke

I'm having trouble deciding a DH build post Nether nerf. Ball/Frost/Scream all seems okay, any suggestions?

I'm with Ball Lightning.

I think for DH adjusting post patch, you need to relook at your entire skillset and the way you play the game. Impale may work better for you but that requires a closer distance to the mobs than you can have with elemental arrow. So you need other skills to let you be more comfortable at a closer range. Just face it that there's no adequate replacement to pre-nerf nether tentacles at all the things it was good at.

Neki

I'm having trouble deciding a DH build post Nether nerf. Ball/Frost/Scream all seems okay, any suggestions?

I run Impale, my IAS is too slow to properly use elemental arrows while kiting now. I can throw three impales and run back, shoot some Hungering Arrows and place Caltrops.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really... excluding "reduced level requirement" items, nothing that isn't ilvl 60 or higher should be dropping beyond Inferno Act 1.

Shadow780

I'm with Ball Lightning.

I think for DH adjusting post patch, you need to relook at your entire skillset and the way you play the game. Impale may work better for you but that requires a closer distance to the mobs than you can have with elemental arrow. So you need other skills to let you be more comfortable at a closer range. Just face it that there's no adequate replacement to pre-nerf nether tentacles at all the things it was good at.

I run Impale, my IAS is too slow to properly use elemental arrows while kiting now. I can throw three impales and run back, shoot some Hungering Arrows and place Caltrops.

Thanks, yeah I think I need to revamp my skill set strategy.

The mainstays are:

Hungering/Devour
Elemental/undecided
Trap/80% slow
Prep/60% life
SS/Lingering

Tactical/Archery/Steady Aim

The last active skill sometimes I use bat if I'm soloing, and Mark for Death if there're melee in my party that can benefit for the extra damage. Crit% @ 26% and Critdmg's around 250%.

I'm dual wielding 1h xbows with +10 Disc each and another +10 from cloak, but my defense/dps isn't high enough to survive Act 3 without dying a lot.

Tom Penny

The difficulty makes no sense. I had super trouble act II City of blood because I kept facing nothing but enemies that flamed the whole ground, jailed me or walled me in with fire chain then had zero trouble with that boss and was all worried about Belial and killed him first try. I don't get it.

I was wondering, anyone running an Archon build?

How much dps does it need before it becomes effective? I'm still in Hell right now and it's gotten me killed a bunch of times.

Cipherr

I was wondering, anyone running an Archon build?

How much dps does it need before it becomes effective? I'm still in Hell right now and it's gotten me killed a bunch of times.

I loved archon for certain things. Belials first two phases and whatnot. Its pretty terrible once you come up against packs where you need to keep moving though. Times where you can stop and channel a beam are few and far between.

It had a niche when the beam of Archon penetrated waller walls, but I hear that was nerfed :( It was pretty insane dps with my wizard. I had about 32k dps. Its (was) the attack speed that makes the archon beam insane. Since you seemingly cannot run out of mana, if you were a glass cannon 45k+ dps build with insane IAS stacked you could melt anything that allowed you to plan and channel.

Totakeke

Somehow I've acquired a collection of middling 1hands over the time because they weren't so bad that you want to just underprice it heavily to just sell it, but at the same time people won't really jump to buy them at the current AH prices. :(

Ploid 3.0

The difficulty makes no sense. I had super trouble act II City of blood because I kept facing nothing but enemies that flamed the whole ground, jailed me or walled me in with fire chain then had zero trouble with that boss and was all worried about Belial and killed him first try. I don't get it.

The elites hold the bosses prisoner in their little arena. You are supposed to free the boss.

Ashhong

Somehow I've acquired a collection of middling 1hands over the time because they weren't so bad that you want to just underprice it heavily to just sell it, but at the same time people won't really jump to buy them at the current AH prices. :(

Are you giving it away to us for free? That 1 handed mace sounds nice :)

Cipherr

Its not about the bosses basically. Bosses = time wasters you only bother with once you have ported around and killed all the elite packs.

Elite packs are where the difficulty is and where the best loot is. Bosses are nothing. They communicated this poorly to begin with, but they are doing a better job now. The fact that bosses dont drop any more guaranteed rares than a pack, and that a boss doesnt refresh NV and whatnot, plus the buffs to drops from packs is finally getting the idea across I think.

HenryHSH

Well... I almost died. Rubberbanded back four times to a desecrator jailer spinning asshole propeller whatever they're called pack. Saw my life drop so fast I figured I was surely dead.

The lag is killer, but I can't stop playing. :[

Also I am amused by Kripp playing a ranged class and rage quitting on all the burrowing/naturally fast/reflect damage/invulnerable snake men mobs that are cutting his WD down like nothing. The entire chat is on some 'Welcome to our world' ish.

This is warming my heart =D

Tom Penny

The elites hold the bosses prisoner in their little arena. You are supposed to free the boss.

??? All I know is I would die within seconds sometimes and could never kite away. It doesn't help that a ton of the act involves being in tight caves were you have no room and you get stuck and raped.

forrest

formerly nacire
As a DH I decided to carry around an extra crossbow with 500+ life on hit, a gem slot(+300) LoH, and 2.7 life steal for when I bump into reflect packs. I'm blown away at the life regen I get going when Caltrops/Jagged Spikes start hitting mobs.

Totakeke

As a DH I decided to carry around an extra crossbow with 500+ life on hit, a gem slot(+300) LoH, and 2.7 life steal for when I bump into reflect packs. I'm blown away at the life regen I get going when Caltrops/Jagged Spikes start hitting mobs.

Jagged spikes trigger LoH? Sounds like a nerf incoming.

Cipherr

Its good to hear that this works :D What I want to try is a high percentage, say..... 8% or so stacked chance to fear on hit or something, and see if Caltops Jagged spikes procs it. I really love dropping two Jagged Spikes on top of once another, when enemies walk over it, the number of strikes it triggers is amazing.

Id all those strikes can proc %chance-to-X abilities it could be fun. I mean, if LOH procs, maybe chance to fear/stun/root/knockback can proc also.

No fun allowed :(

Cipherr

:p

Kripp is playing softcore WD right?

Yeah softcore.

Kripp:
"See Im used to playing a barb when I can just leap around puddles when Im surrounded, I suppose when you cant do that its pretty hard."

xzbitlol.png

Tom Penny

Its not about the bosses basically. Bosses = time wasters you only bother with once you have ported around and killed all the elite packs.

Elite packs are where the difficulty is and where the best loot is. Bosses are nothing. They communicated this poorly to begin with, but they are doing a better job now. The fact that bosses dont drop any more guaranteed rares than a pack, and that a boss doesnt refresh NV and whatnot, plus the buffs to drops from packs is finally getting the idea across I think.

I'm talking about the mobs you face. I was getting abused on runs. I think it's just a dice roll on what elites you face. Everytime I was in a cave or something it would be a mob that flamed the ground, jailed me, built walls around me so I couldn't kite or had fire chain too. Many many repairs :( It was aggravating.

After the last patch, nuking with tentacles through SS stopped working that well for reflect packs, so I nabbed a 1050dps crossbow with a socket and 950 LOH for 5 million just for this purpose. But yeah, can't wait til 1.0.4!
~Demon Hunters
-Caltrops/Jagged Spikes no longer triggers Life on Hit
-Impale/Overpentration now only penetrates one mob. Doesn't get any +crit chance.
-Sharpshooter reworked, now only provides flat +1%crit. As compensation, also provides +1% crit damage.
-Preperation/Backup Plan changed to 5% chance.
-Hungering Arrow removed.
~General
-All +crit damage items have had their effectiveness reduced by 80%

Cipherr

I'm talking about the mobs you face. I was getting abused on runs. I think it's just a dice roll on what elites you face. Everytime I was in a cave or something it would be a mob that flamed the ground, jailed me, built walls around me so I couldn't kite or had fire chain too. Many many repairs :( It was aggravating.

Oh yeah... pure RNG on the combos :( some terrible combinations out there. Those two caves you have to run when your are gathering Kulles Blood out in that desert are my most hated part of the game.

After the last patch, nuking with tentacles through SS stopped working that well for reflect packs, so I nabbed a 1050dps crossbow with a socket and 950 LOH for 5 million just for this purpose. But yeah, can't wait til 1.0.4!
~Demon Hunters
-Caltrops/Jagged Spikes no longer triggers Life on Hit
-Impale/Overpentration now only penetrates one mob. Doesn't get any +crit chance.
-Sharpshooter reworked, now only provides flat +1%crit. As compensation, also provides +1% crit damage.
-Preperation/Backup Plan changed to 5% chance.
-Hungering Arrow removed.
~General
-All +crit damage items have had their effectiveness reduced by 80%

This sounds so likely it's uncanny

They will adjust ilvl 63 (?) drop rates soon

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911501949#1
I want to believe, but Bashiok to me is like the beacon of anti-hype. I hope to hear it from the devs themselves eventually.

This is why I try to avoid most elites in Inferno Act 2.

Which I still haven't completed. -_-;; Cave of Betrayal sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom