• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kripp on getting more life on his WD. "Fuck that, I just need to play better."

Welcome to our world man.
This is my motto.

Except when I am lagging (which is often), which then no amount of self-esteem and getting better at the game has helped me so far in those cases.

Anyone tried dropping tons of cash into their follower to see how high they could get their dps?

I just got my enchantress to 6000.83. I know I'm stupid for spending this much money on her, but I just think it's hilarious to watch her killing act 3 mobs by herself. It may not seem like a lot, but if you just stand there and watch her go to town it's amazing how efficiently she can down large groups of enemies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
People are all over the WD for being the 'worst' class, but I find it incredibly fun to play with others. Maybe soloing I would hate it, but it's pretty entertaining from my personal experience.

How much life does he have?

10k. She dies fast as hell but i don't care because usually I'm tanking, and most of the time enemies go after me. She doesn't get one shotted by everything though, usually just elemental stuff.

Edit: Just realized you may not have been talking to me, lol

dwebo

Anyone tried dropping tons of cash into their follower to see how high they could get their dps?

I just got my enchantress to 6000.83. I know I'm stupid for spending this much money on her, but I just think it's hilarious to watch her killing act 3 mobs by herself. It may not seem like a lot, but if you just stand there and watch her go to town it's amazing how efficiently she can down large groups of enemies.

I think I'm around 5k, which was nice when that was half of my barb's dps. it's annoying how often her projectiles miss, though. I gave her a cold weapon and she almost always whiffs on moving targets (ie. goblins), which are about the only things I care about snaring

Tom Penny

What the hell is the point of bidding in auction house? There was 5 minutes left and I was "winning" and the person just removed the item. Lame.

Prodigal

Banned
Just had a shield drop with 29% chance to block...sadly the block amount is only about 1500. Anyone else seen any higher block rates?

dwebo

Just had a shield drop with 29% chance to block...sadly the block amount is only about 1500. Anyone else seen any higher block rates?

you sure about that block amount? I thought 29% was the highest non-stormshield block roll, and only attainable on the ilvl63 with a 9% +block chance + max 20% block

they all have a set 3.7-4.7k block amount

Won

Its good to hear that this works :D What I want to try is a high percentage, say..... 8% or so stacked chance to fear on hit or something, and see if Caltops Jagged spikes procs it. I really love dropping two Jagged Spikes on top of once another, when enemies walk over it, the number of strikes it triggers is amazing.

Id all those strikes can proc %chance-to-X abilities it could be fun. I mean, if LOH procs, maybe chance to fear/stun/root/knockback can proc also.

They do proc of it. It's amazing. It's one of the reason why I think everyone who believes that DH only has 2 viable builds or something is delusional.
So much potential still left there, but stacking dps was just cooler with the kids I guess.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

How does that work anyway? What's the difference between two shields that have 30% chance to block, but different block rates?

dwebo

How does that work anyway? What's the difference between two shields that have 30% chance to block, but different block rates?

different ilvls have different block rates, but it's the same for all shields (excluding legendaries) within an ilvl

higher is better, obviously

scosher

For you wizards, this build is absolutely amazing now that Energy Twister procs Critical Mass like crazy again (seems like it was stealth un-nerfed in 1.03).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVQXOm!agY!aYaacc

Spectral Blade (Deep Cuts)
Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
Teleport (Safe Passage)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)
Archon (Improved Archon)

Passives:

Critical Mass
Glass Cannon
Galvanizing Ward OR Blur OR Astral Presence

You can basically just run into melee, cast Diamond Skin, spam twisters on the mobs, and then blade spam. You'll find you'll have near 100% up time on Diamond Skin. I also found Teleport to be superior to Frost Nova cause your main weakness are the same affixes that trouble other melee -- Desecration/Plagued + Jailer, Arcane Sentries, Frozen Orbs, etc. Frost Nova really doesn't help deal with any of those, especially when it only lasts like half a second on elites. Better to have Teleport as a backup, and just like with Diamond Skin, you'll find the cooldown up quite often because of critical mass. Since you're not kiting or don't really need distractions, I chose Safe Passage over the more popular Fracture/Wormhole.

I don't even have much LoH but this spec is tearing shit up. Archon for tearing up regular mobs, and Twister/Diamond Skin spam for elites.

I'd say you'll want at least 20% or so crit, gear with some AP on crit for more Twister spam, and good resists (since Prismatic Armor would be greater than Force when relying on Diamond Skin).

Dahbomb

Any one else getting black screen freezes right before the Diablo fight on Hell? I have had this happen to me 3 times already after the patch and it has happened in Public games all the time (with full 4 people).

Is this a known issue?

Cipherr

For you wizards, this build is absolutely amazing now that Energy Twister procs Critical Mass like crazy again (seems like it was stealth un-nerfed in 1.03).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVQXOm!agY!aYaacc

Teleport (Safe Passage)
Archon (Improved Archon)

Passives:

Critical Mass
Glass Cannon

You can basically just run into melee, cast Diamond Skin, spam twisters on the mobs, and then blade spam. You'll find you'll have near 100% up time on Diamond Skin. I also found Teleport to be superior to Frost Nova cause your main weakness are the same affixes that trouble other melee -- Desecration/Plagued + Jailer, Arcane Sentries, Frozen Orbs, etc. Frost Nova really doesn't help deal with any of those, especially when it only lasts like half a second on elites. Better to have Teleport as a backup, and just like with Diamond Skin, you'll find the cooldown up quite often because of critical mass. Since you're not kiting or don't really need distractions, I chose Safe Passage over the more popular Fracture/Wormhole.

I don't even have much LoH but this spec is tearing shit up. Archon for tearing up regular mobs, and Twister/Diamond Skin spam for elites.

I'd say you'll want at least 20% or so crit, gear with some AP on crit for more Twister spam, and good resists (since Prismatic Armor would be greater than Force when relying on Diamond Skin).

Someone needs to make a video of this. Sounds awesome.

Any one else getting black screen freezes right before the Diablo fight on Hell? I have had this happen to me 3 times already after the patch and it has happened in Public games all the time (with full 4 people).

Is this a known issue?

Happened last night on a stream I was watching. Black screen for like 5 minutes, then dumped to the char select menu.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Man, what the fuck. I haven't gotten shit for days. I'm gonna g...

OD3sD.jpg

osRkS.gif

Man I love this game.

x infinity

dude it's a diablo game, you're going to get shitty loot for days despite getting good drops for 2 weeks before the patch.

you're just hallucinating

HALLUCINATING

Yeah all of us act 3 farmers are just crazy and its all just RNG! You can't possibly judge a patch after one day!

Rufus

Anyone else notice portals or chests not reacting for several clicks/seconds? First time it happened I thought I disconnected, but then it kept happening off and on. The rubberbanding seems to have gotten worse as well, which might be related.

Anyone else notice portals or chests not reacting for several clicks/seconds? First time it happened I thought I disconnected, but then it kept happening off and on. The rubberbanding seems to have gotten worse as well, which might be related.

Yup. Shit sucks. It's a stealth vault nerf, I think. Nothing funnier than vault lagging, dying, and watching my grave leap across the screen a second later.

inky

I don't make any gold because I put everything on the RMAH. Worst part is that some of it sells, lol. And it's going to get better when they allow gold buying, then everything on the GAH is going to be overpriced as shit and I'll be even poorer.

Man, what the fuck. I haven't gotten shit for days. I'm gonna g...

Man I love this game.

x infinity

I was feeling the same way, even ended up playing the AH more then the game the past few days. I decided to do some runs today and found these bad boys:

J7OQj.jpg

awwwyeahh.jpg

Nice to hear they will be addressing the act 3/4 loot drops too.

Junie12

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XOm!agY!aYaacc

Teleport (Safe Passage)
Archon (Improved Archon)

Passives:

Critical Mass
Glass Cannon

Wow man that sounds amazing! Definitely trying this out! My Wiz hit a wall with Belial and a new build might be just the thing I need to finally beat him. Been stuck with that dude for three days now..

Fucking lag was the cause of most of my death >_<

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Starting last night, my game chugs in spurts, like 2FPS chugging.

It has run flawlessly from launch until last night, I changed no settings on my computer. Anybody experience this at all? Thoughts on how to fix it? My ping remains fine when this happens, it just hitches almost constantly.

I'm having trouble deciding a DH build post Nether nerf. Ball/Frost/Scream all seems okay, any suggestions?

I went with Ball Lightning. There are quite a few skills now that are viable though, depending on your strategy and context. Nether Tentacles was just sort of a tier above everything else. Now there's at least a handful on the same level that you could swap in and out based on the situation.

Seems less but I still have more tears than I need =/

Are they nerfbat tears?

what do you mean?

Probably referring to Spike Traps > Scatter. A LOT of burst damage quick - pretty much more than anything else for its cost.

Cluster Arrow I'm not sure as it's hugely restricted by the Hatred cost. I've speculated that if you had enough regen and some gear that reduced it's cost, it would be pretty godly though. As it stands, you could get maybe 3-4 shots off before running out of Hatred (unless you had uber gear tailored for it), and even though those shots are very powerful, targeted AoE and single target damage, you're pretty much out of firepower until you regen more Hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom