• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Probably referring to Spike Traps > Scatter. A LOT of burst damage quick - pretty much more than anything else for its cost.

Cluster Arrow I'm not sure as it's hugely restricted by the Hatred cost. I've speculated that if you had enough regen and some gear that reduced it's cost, it would be pretty godly though. As it stands, you could get maybe 3-4 shots off before running out of Hatred (unless you had uber gear tailored for it), and even though those shots are very powerful, targeted AoE and single target damage, you're pretty much out of firepower until you regen more Hatred.

Cluster Arrow->cluster bombs is amazing damage. I ran it pre inferno. Problem is you pretty much have to go attack speed, bomb build to generate enough hatred which isn't viable in inferno.

nitric0

Which is better? The right one is the one I'm currently using and the left one is the one I just found. I was going for a LoH build but this new 1Her will give me +550 dps and the 2.2% life per damage is interesting.

And how much gold for both? :p
uNz7H.jpg

Cluster Arrow->cluster bombs is amazing damage. I ran it pre inferno. Problem is you pretty much have to go attack speed, bomb build to generate enough hatred which isn't viable in inferno.

Yeah I experimented with Cluster Arrow throughout Nightmare and Hell. It was interesting, but just sort of off since I didn't have the gear to pull it off.

eek5

Which is better? The right one is the one I'm currently using and the left one is the one I just found. I was going for a LoH build but this new 1Her will give me +550 dps and the 2.2% life per damage is interesting.

Unless you're hitting for 50k regularly, LoH will give you better returns on the majority of your skills.

Neki

Second one is better for LoH, first one is for DPS.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
what do you mean?

If you stack crit damage, and get your crit chance up with gear or sharpshooter, lay down the 3 traps at once, then build up some hatred, then when a mob comes near fire two or three cluster bombs at them right when they hit the traps, so that they all crit.

Narag

If you stack crit damage, and get your crit chance up with gear or sharpshooter, lay down the 3 traps at once, then build up some hatred, then when a mob comes near fire two or three cluster bombs at them right when they hit the traps, so that they all crit.

This sounds ridiculous. I should try it.

Thoraxes

You know what I hate about pubs?

Demon Hunters on Inferno that don't use any kind of snares.

Also, can anyone here clarify how bleeds on hit works?

Like, I found this the other day:

V9U99.jpg

Ferrio

Banned

I use the traps myself ever sine I hit inferno. Trick with them is fine an enclosed space, when you lay them they all will lay ontop of each other. Act 4 is good with this on the staircases.

For you wizards, this build is absolutely amazing now that Energy Twister procs Critical Mass like crazy again (seems like it was stealth un-nerfed in 1.03).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVQXOm!agY!aYaacc

Spectral Blade (Deep Cuts)
Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
Teleport (Safe Passage)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)
Archon (Improved Archon)

Passives:

Critical Mass
Glass Cannon
Galvanizing Ward OR Blur OR Astral Presence

You can basically just run into melee, cast Diamond Skin, spam twisters on the mobs, and then blade spam. You'll find you'll have near 100% up time on Diamond Skin. I also found Teleport to be superior to Frost Nova cause your main weakness are the same affixes that trouble other melee -- Desecration/Plagued + Jailer, Arcane Sentries, Frozen Orbs, etc. Frost Nova really doesn't help deal with any of those, especially when it only lasts like half a second on elites. Better to have Teleport as a backup, and just like with Diamond Skin, you'll find the cooldown up quite often because of critical mass. Since you're not kiting or don't really need distractions, I chose Safe Passage over the more popular Fracture/Wormhole.

I don't even have much LoH but this spec is tearing shit up. Archon for tearing up regular mobs, and Twister/Diamond Skin spam for elites.

I'd say you'll want at least 20% or so crit, gear with some AP on crit for more Twister spam, and good resists (since Prismatic Armor would be greater than Force when relying on Diamond Skin).

Interesting if true. I never played the CM build with energy twister because it's the worst fucking skill in the Wizard's repertoire for actual combat, but if they unnerfed it for ET maybe they unnerfed it for living lightning/venom weapon as well.

reading the previous post's I decided to drop a few mil on my enchantress, I've noticed she's been staying alive alot longer for some reason.

NBkJ7.jpg

she's holding her own BIG TIME now. I really wish they woulda went all out with followers though....imagine having to gear 2 characters FULLY. I think it would be cool IMO.

LordCanti

I think that guy is running a max disc build, disc on belt, chest, quiver and ring.

Now that I'm out of Gold and it doesn't matter, I have no problem admitting that a lot of the stuff I flipped was max disc belts/rings/amulets.

Rare to find, but people under price them by a lot often enough for it to be worthwhile to seek them out.

(the belt isn't that rare, but ones that also have +dex are)

I don't think that people under price them, I just think people overvalue max disc.

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. The point is, people will pay big money for well rolled ones on the RMAH. Sooner or later people will realize they'd be better off with +crit % and chance though. Having said that, the amulet CAN roll 50% crit damage. It's incredibly rare, but couple that with dex and vit, and you've got a $250 item.

Neki

Now that I'm out of Gold and it doesn't matter, I have no problem admitting that a lot of the stuff I flipped was max disc belts/rings/amulets.

Rare to find, but people under price them by a lot often enough for it to be worthwhile to seek them out.

(the belt isn't that rare, but ones that also have +dex are)

I don't think that people under price them, I just think people overvalue max disc.

Realyn

Did they hotfix act1 farming or what?
Only 2 champs at the watch tower 2 times in a row, like noone at the festering woods and just 1 in the area before the graveyard ... or just bad luck?

Ashhong

Did they hotfix act1 farming or what?
Only 2 champs at the watch tower 2 times in a row, like noone at the festering woods and just 1 in the area before the graveyard ... or just bad luck?

You search everywhere? I did 2-3 runs today in Act 1 and got like 2 packs in the woods, 1-2 at each crpyt, 2-3 at the watch tower area, etc etc.

Realyn

You search everywhere? I did 2-3 runs today in Act 1 and got like 2 packs in the woods, 1-2 at each crpyt, 2-3 at the watch tower area, etc etc.

Yeah I did. Just extremly bad luck I guess. 2 in Watch tower, 0(!) in the area before it, 1 at the woods and before the graveyard. Now heading into the crypts.

aznpxdd

I've been getting a lot of Elites in Leroics Mansion and Halls of Agony, got some good runs in today. Averaging about 15 rares each run...though haven't gotten a single good item.

Realyn

Also just notieced both inferno craftings mats sell for 50 on EU/HC. Gonna vendor that shit. Or should I salvage it to get that legendary fiery stone ?

eek5

the fuck? essences and tears are only 50 gold on EU!? Fill your entire stash with essences :O

On a related note, they need to double the amount of tears required for recipes. They're so undervalued right now.

the fuck? essences and tears are only 50 gold on EU!? Fill your entire stash with essences :O

On a related note, they need to double the amount of tears required for recipes. They're so undervalued right now.

Yeah, it kind of doesn't make sense that the rare crafting material is worth about half of what the magic one is when you end up with far fewer of them. There isn't enough demand.

eek5

Yeah, it kind of doesn't make sense that the rare crafting material is worth about half of what the magic one is when you end up with far fewer of them. There isn't enough demand.

I think last I checked, on US, essences were about 1800 and tears were 200. It doesn't help that you can proc tears when salvaging magic items (and it happens pretty often too) and the ratio of essences:tears in recipes is like 6:1. They need to do something to adjust the recipe costs so that essences and tears are at least trading around the same price.

I think last I checked, on US, essences were about 1800 and tears were 200. It doesn't help that you can proc tears when salvaging magic items (and it happens pretty often too) and the ratio of essences:tears in recipes is like 6:1. They need to do something to adjust the recipe costs so that essences and tears are at least trading around the same price.

Ah, I wasn't on today but Essences have been hovering around 2k (give or take a couple hundred) and the Tears were at 1000/900 and falling when I last checked.

Totakeke

Levelling up my monk again and clocking 14 hours at level 56... how the hell did Yoshichan beat Diablo 3 in 12 hours the first time?

I feel like I'm sucking at this levelling thing.

Edit: Oh, that's normal. Move along. :p

eek5

Ah, I wasn't on today but Essences have been hovering around 2k (give or take a couple hundred) and the Tears were at 1000/900 and falling when I last checked.

I think people are catching on that after you craft like 20 things and run out of essences you have 300+ left over tears :lol

I should've sold all mine when they were trading @ 2k. I knew it was coming too.. not sure why I didn't do anything about it :(

jersoc

hurray, my luck finally turned around. made 4 million tonight!
sold a few unid weapons. one i lost the gamble on that was a 1h with 911 dps and 167 int. could have used it but oh well. i was flat broke at the time. another was a bow i sold for 1 million that was crap, so i guess it sort of works out.

now that i have some cash, i'll probably not sell 1h since i need one.

Sarcasm

So..am I doing the right thing..public game 4 man the last quest up to butcher?

I am really not getting any upgrades and even if I don't die I spend more on repair bills.

Ashhong

So..am I doing the right thing..public game 4 man the last quest up to butcher?

I am really not getting any upgrades and even if I don't die I spend more on repair bills.

I start from The Imprisoned Angel Quest I believe, where the waypoint is Leoric's Manor. Go into the Manor and kill the elite group. After that just go through the Halls of Agony and kill Butcher. You should easily be making more money than you are spending if you aren't dying like you say. I get almost an entire inventory stash worth of rares by the end of it.

V_Arnold

...and I was starting to complain that this game is feeling so rigged, with a seemingly fixed amount of gold drop / hour being present since 1.03 - and that would be horrible, because no one wants to play a rigged gambling game, right? Right?....

Then I got a ring that was actually an upgrade, and managed to sell a few stuff. This game, this game...sometimes I can feel the WOW-style carrot on a stick, more elegantly but yet, present.

Which is not a bad thing once they broaden the skill rune effects ( I am 100 percent sure that they did not forget the indvidual rune's stronger effects. Split that is not split 3 way, but 7 way? Multi-headed Hydras? They will come back, in a future patch. Absolutely sure of it.) to at least allow that flexibility.

Also, wow at this energy twister+melee wizard build. I was just thinking about it last night, and when I see others in this thread mention it, I have tried it out. Wow, just wow. Sitting on full hp in the middle of plague pools, chilling within arcane orbs...wow, just wow.

eek5

I am so tempted to buy the 6 prop mighty belt recipe so I can craft myself a 200 str 100 vit 60 res 200 armor 3% life leech belt. Probably a terrible idea though :eek:

Darkone

What follower is better to take, i am currently on Act 1 on Inferno.
from day 1 i am using the Templar but he gets killed allot and the damage he have is 350.

syllogism

Also, wow at this energy twister+melee wizard build. I was just thinking about it last night, and when I see others in this thread mention it, I have tried it out. Wow, just wow. Sitting on full hp in the middle of plague pools, chilling within arcane orbs...wow, just wow.
Now imagine the same thing except with 110k dps and a monk sitting next to you running conviction and cyclone strike...

Sarcasm

I start from The Imprisoned Angel Quest I believe, where the waypoint is Leoric's Manor. Go into the Manor and kill the elite group. After that just go through the Halls of Agony and kill Butcher. You should easily be making more money than you are spending if you aren't dying like you say. I get almost an entire inventory stash worth of rares by the end of it.

Oh this is Inferno. Butcher is the easy part >.<

Mr Swine

Banned
Im getting pissed of, I can't go anywhere in the beginning of act 2 since I get mauled by blue and yellow elites. In act 1 I slaughter every enemy like nothing. Now I have repair bills up to 40k gold :( as most in act 1 I get to pay 4k gold :(

Edit: Wait whaaaaaa!? You can press on the left and right arrow to choose more skills in the same category!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom