• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Now imagine the same thing except with 110k dps and a monk sitting next to you running conviction and cyclone strike...

and hitting you with a heal w/ guiding light passive! 1 shot all the things

Oh god... That sounds amazing. Conviction has got to be one of the most overpowered but underused skills in the game. When more monks get so geared that they dont need Healing or Dodge Mantra to keep from getting gibbed; DPS are going to start really loving Monks that run that matra man.

Its like 48% extra damage or something stupid when runed with 100% uptime if the monk generates decent spirit. Nothing like it in the game. And it can stack with Marked for Death from a Demon Hunter..... I mean c'mon now.

eek5

will do, how the hell did the one above got his enchantress to do 6k damage.

Base stats are multiplied by 2.5x so just get rings/amu/follower item with high int/vit and you'll boost hp/damage by a ton. You can get cheap 2H from AH with high int/vit for under a mil too. I opted to get a cold one so that she ensnares everything with her auto attack but you can probably get a higher DPS one if you wanted just pure damage.

Get str for armor and dex for dodge although I don't really care about her extra damage so I only pumped mine with vit/int

edit: here is mine and the gear I'm using with her:

Gv8Pg.jpg

gear album:
http://imgur.com/a/xbV9Q

edit2: Erosion is a really good skill if you have high DPS because it uses YOUR weapon damage, not hers. Her attack hits groups of enemies for like 10k for me and can clear out entire groups of white mobs after the 3 second dot in A1 and A2

Darkone

Base stats are multiplied by 2.5x so just get rings/amu/follower item with high int/vit and you'll boost hp/damage by a ton. You can get cheap 2H from AH with high int/vit for under a mil too. I opted to get a cold one so that she ensnares everything with her auto attack but you can probably get a higher DPS one if you wanted just pure damage.

Get str for armor and dex for dodge although I don't really care about her extra damage so I only pumped mine with vit/int

tnx for the tips.

I forgot Cold damage slows. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, Scoundrel with a cold weapon is pretty imba with the multishot he uses.

I picked up a 700 something DPS bow with cold damage for him to use for 80k (he's still 59 for me, but getting close to 60!)

Cipherr

Yeah, Scoundrel with a cold weapon is pretty imba with the multishot he uses.

I picked up a 700 something DPS bow with cold damage for him to use for 80k (he's still 59 for me, but getting close to 60!)

I leveled the Enchantress and Scoundrel on my Barb yesterday from 59 to 60 clearing some Act 1 for loot runs. I really wish they were united across account, but I suppose thats not possible. Gonna have to gear the followers on all my 60's :(

Danj

OK, now I'm having trouble with the spider queen Areanaea (or however you spell it) in Act 1 Hell. Her hits damage me a lot and I can't survive many of them, is it just a case of upgrading gear again or is there some particular strategy against her? I'm a level 53 Wizard.

Sarcasm

OK, now I'm having trouble with the spider queen Areanaea (or however you spell it) in Act 1 Hell. Her hits damage me a lot and I can't survive many of them, is it just a case of upgrading gear again or is there some particular strategy against her? I'm a level 53 Wizard.

US or Euro? You have me on steam. Hit me up.

Shouta

I leveled the Enchantress and Scoundrel on my Barb yesterday from 59 to 60 clearing some Act 1 for loot runs. I really wish they were united across account, but I suppose thats not possible. Gonna have to gear the followers on all my 60's :(

It's kinda cheap to get them up to a pretty respectable DPS. I think I just spent 200-250k to get one of my Scoundrels up to 4.7k DPS with a cold weapon.

As a wizard, what attributes should I be looking for when buying gear for inferno?

All Res and Int?

DPS weapons cost too much.... I only have a mil...

also wheres the best place to farm gold act1?

Gaspode_T

I am L21 on Normal, first playthrough...I am having hard time figuring out what to sell things for, I just sold a purple L9 item for 10K, it is so hard to predict! Now I am suddenly at the point where I have full stash of things I want to sell

I am a crafter kind of guy so I am leveling up the artisan even though my friends told me to just skip it. Now he can make L30something items, I tried putting some of them up we will see how it goes...

Realyn

As a wizard, what attributes should I be looking for when buying gear for inferno?

All Res and Int?

DPS weapons cost too much.... I only have a mil...

also wheres the best place to farm gold act1?

I geared my HC barb with less than a million and some hell NV farming. Can't image it would be any harder on SC ?!

And yeah, AR, Int and Vit .. or ignore Vit if you wanna go glass cannon. Personally I think thats a pretty lame playstyle ... but meh.

Sarcasm

It's kinda cheap to get them up to a pretty respectable DPS. I think I just spent 200-250k to get one of my Scoundrels up to 4.7k DPS with a cold weapon.

Cheap!? I never get past 150K! And I do not buy from the AH. Though my HC char is starting NM with 100K.

Radec

Hey gaf, how much can I sell this ?

ImnwN.jpg

Checked AH and comparable gloves are like 2m+, but when I removed the life regen, only goes for 400k(min).

LordAlu

Ugh, someone f*cking outbid me at the last minute again. Trying to get better gear for my Monk is just pointless. Can't afford the ridiculous millions on buyouts (seriously, wtf kinda terrible pricing is this) so having to bid, and that's the eleventh piece I've missed out on in the last week. Don't think I can be arsed with this game anymore.

balddemon

Banned
Ugh, someone f*cking outbid me at the last minute again. Trying to get better gear for my Monk is just pointless. Can't afford the ridiculous millions on buyouts (seriously, wtf kinda terrible pricing is this) so having to bid, and that's the eleventh piece I've missed out on in the last week. Don't think I can be arsed with this game anymore.

why not farm act 1 then? its not that hard, and i've found a couple upgrades. for that matter, act 2 isn't that hard either and thats where i found my current weapon.

eek5

Why don't you save your bid until the last minute? The best way to win an auction is to snipe it eBay style. Most people just hit bid and OK but if you ptu in the max you're willing to spend you can easily snipe people out instead.

LordAlu

why not farm act 1 then? its not that hard, and i've found a couple upgrades. for that matter, act 2 isn't that hard either and thats where i found my current weapon.
I've been doing that for the last two weeks, and almost everything that dropped was useless. I've used only one or two pieces to improve, and managed to buy one other. It simply isn't fun to do anymore.

Why don't you save your bid until the last minute? The best way to win an auction is to snipe it eBay style. Most people just hit bid and OK but if you ptu in the max you're willing to spend you can easily snipe people out instead.
I did that. Bid 250,000 on the item and was willing to pay double. Got outbid right near the end so doubled my bid. They'd already bid more.

Ketch

I'm right there with you, it is extremely aggravating... can't buy anything > can't sell anything > still can't buy anything... don't give up

Lexxon

I've had a hell of a time getting Monk gear myself. I think the only way I'll be able to upgrade is to camp the AH all day, or get a lucky drop in A1 that I can sell for ~10-50 mil so I can buy some of the overpriced gear on the AH.

Mrbob

I was looking at level 60 bows for my demon hunter last night, and yeah I agree the prices are a bit ridiculous. However I'm seeing more and more high level bows go up on the auction house, and I don't believe they are all selling at the millions of gold being offered (some 10s of millions). So eventually these sellers are going to have to start dropping their prices are having unsold equipment. We are in the early stages where people are getting away with overcharging for gear, but the market should settle into place over the next couple weeks. At least this is what I'm expecting.

eek5

I was looking at level 60 bows for my demon hunter last night, and yeah I agree the prices are a bit ridiculous. However I'm seeing more and more high level bows go up on the auction house, and I don't believe they are selling at the millions of gold being offered (some 10s of millions). So eventually these sellers are going to have to start dropping their prices are having unsold equipment. We are in the early stages where people are getting away with overcharging for gear, but the market should settle into place over the next couple weeks. At least this is what I'm expecting.

Some of them do have insane bids though. If you click bid and see that the amount in the text box is higher than the current bid, that means someone has a bid on it. I always do that with weapons/armor to see if people are really willing to pay.. and for the most part, they are. :(

edit: there is a 1408 dps blue hellion bow with a 30 million bid on it lol

I was looking at level 60 bows for my demon hunter last night, and yeah I agree the prices are a bit ridiculous. However I'm seeing more and more high level bows go up on the auction house, and I don't believe they are all selling at the millions of gold being offered (some 10s of millions). So eventually these sellers are going to have to start dropping their prices are having unsold equipment. We are in the early stages where people are getting away with overcharging for gear, but the market should settle into place over the next couple weeks. At least this is what I'm expecting.

True, lvl 63 drops were lowered at Act 3. There won't be as much 1.2k dps weapons soon. Prices will fall once more people start to get the Lv. 63 weapons.

Sarcasm

I am getting very demotivated..I am trying to get gear and I can't really progress..since i keep getting barbarian (basically gear I can't use)...

I think I just need to stop playing for a couple weeks.

inky

Don't know if it has been discussed, but Natalya's set bonus getting nerfed back?:

zMYYY.png

It was quite obvious, but still. Ultimoo won't like this :p

eek5

How much money we talkin here? I've got an amulet in my stash with 163 int 215 vit 34 cold res. Enchantress ammy?

I think most people that use templar care more about vitality than str since they want him to tank while they DPS behind him. People who use enchantress care about int because they want the added dps to help them kill stuff while they tank. Someone would definitely buy that amulet though. Don't know the price off the top of my head but it'd pay for a couple repairs at the least :lol

Cluster Arrow I'm not sure as it's hugely restricted by the Hatred cost. I've speculated that if you had enough regen and some gear that reduced it's cost, it would be pretty godly though. As it stands, you could get maybe 3-4 shots off before running out of Hatred (unless you had uber gear tailored for it), and even though those shots are very powerful, targeted AoE and single target damage, you're pretty much out of firepower until you regen more Hatred.

Are you using the bat and entangling shot+justice is served? I'm finding Hatred regen isn't an issue with a standard stutter step/kite routine.

I cannot progress into act 2 at all.

It's costing me far too much gold. At this point I'm so tired of act 1 that replaying that doesn't feel viable either.

I really want to continue to enjoy this game but it feels like its actively telling me to stop playing.

Tapiozona

Banned
For you wizards, this build is absolutely amazing now that Energy Twister procs Critical Mass like crazy again (seems like it was stealth un-nerfed in 1.03).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WVQXOm!agY!aYaacc

Spectral Blade (Deep Cuts)
Energy Twister (Wicked Wind)
Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell)
Teleport (Safe Passage)
Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor)
Archon (Improved Archon)

Passives:

Critical Mass
Glass Cannon
Galvanizing Ward OR Blur OR Astral Presence

You can basically just run into melee, cast Diamond Skin, spam twisters on the mobs, and then blade spam. You'll find you'll have near 100% up time on Diamond Skin. I also found Teleport to be superior to Frost Nova cause your main weakness are the same affixes that trouble other melee -- Desecration/Plagued + Jailer, Arcane Sentries, Frozen Orbs, etc. Frost Nova really doesn't help deal with any of those, especially when it only lasts like half a second on elites. Better to have Teleport as a backup, and just like with Diamond Skin, you'll find the cooldown up quite often because of critical mass. Since you're not kiting or don't really need distractions, I chose Safe Passage over the more popular Fracture/Wormhole.

I don't even have much LoH but this spec is tearing shit up. Archon for tearing up regular mobs, and Twister/Diamond Skin spam for elites.

I'd say you'll want at least 20% or so crit, gear with some AP on crit for more Twister spam, and good resists (since Prismatic Armor would be greater than Force when relying on Diamond Skin).

This build didnt work too well for me. I gues my crit % could be the cause but I wasnt able to keep diamind skin on long enough for me to be able to stand in the middle of a mob and just tank everything.

Definity

Anyone tried dropping tons of cash into their follower to see how high they could get their dps?

I just got my enchantress to 6000.83. I know I'm stupid for spending this much money on her, but I just think it's hilarious to watch her killing act 3 mobs by herself. It may not seem like a lot, but if you just stand there and watch her go to town it's amazing how efficiently she can down large groups of enemies.

I probably missed it in this thread but can you post what gear you have on her or a screenshot? I can only get mine up to 4k at the moment.

I cannot progress into act 2 at all.

It's costing me far too much gold. At this point I'm so tired of act 1 that replaying that doesn't feel viable either.

I really want to continue to enjoy this game but it feels like its actively telling me to stop playing.

I should mention I'm a wizard running the life on hit/crit melee build and that act 1 is practically a joke at this point.

The jump to act 2 is atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom