• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

How did you even managed to get to Act2 lol.

Go get some cold resist and pump it up man.

Luck! Close to finishing A2 it's just really stupid lol.

I should probably work on buffing my followers though; cheaper than doing anything with my main equipment as I only have 400k in the bank.

I looked at my achievements and I've only collected 3.2m in total.

My biggest sale so far, 14.90€ for this:

loop15.jpg

Glad to see that people buy stuff on the EU RMAH also.

Cipherr

Don't know if it has been discussed, but Natalya's set bonus getting nerfed back?:

zMYYY.png

It was quite obvious, but still. Ultimoo won't like this :p

SMH, feels like they are just fucking with folks who play the class at this point, goddamn. Im sure its an honest mistake (probably) but jesus christ man.

Mr Swine

Banned
I should mention I'm a wizard running the life on hit/crit melee build and that act 1 is practically a joke at this point.

The jump to act 2 is atrocious.

I know how it feels, I'm a barbarian and I can go through act 1 like nothing but then on to act 2 I get kkilled so many times I have spent 250k gold alone on that act :/

RDreamer

I should mention I'm a wizard running the life on hit/crit melee build and that act 1 is practically a joke at this point.

The jump to act 2 is atrocious.

I know how it feels, I'm a barbarian and I can go through act 1 like nothing but then on to act 2 I get kkilled so many times I have spent 250k gold alone on that act :/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Act 3 is another jump. I can pretty much wreck Act 2 with no problems at all, but Act 3 gets me pretty badly. It's much less so now after the nerf, but even so it's still a bit of a jump.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Act 2 I get through as a barb pretty easy. I'm totally jammed up on Belial though...p1 and p2 are easy but p3 is almost instant death. I am thinking its a gear check for barbs...all the vids I've watched aren't helpful because in every one of them I am massively outgeared.

One more whine about repair costs - I'm into Belial for about 360k in repairs at this point. This isn't some elite pack I'm trying to Zerg down...don't have items decay as much when killed by a boss!

RDreamer

Act 2 I get through as a barb pretty easy. I'm totally jammed up on Belial though...p1 and p2 are easy but p3 is almost instant death. I am thinking its a gear check for barbs...all the vids I've watched aren't helpful because in every one of them I am massively outgeared.

One more whine about repair costs - I'm into Belial for about 360k in repairs at this point. This isn't some elite pack I'm trying to Zerg down...don't have items decay as much when killed by a boss!

Damn dude, you need some help?

eek5

What are your stats?

Biff

I'm a level 24 WD. Is smashing magic and rare items to get powder for crafting worth it? Or should I be selling my loot at the merchant for gold instead (to in turn be used at the AH I suppose).

Which is the better strategy? Thanks guys!

zoukka

I'm a level 24 WD. Is smashing magic and rare items to get powder for crafting worth it? Or should I be selling my loot at the merchant for gold instead (to in turn be used at the AH I suppose).

Which is the better strategy? Thanks guys!

Vendor never gives you good gold. Thought at your level I don't see a difference unless you like to craft stuff. At 60 the craft materials net you definately more than the vendors.

Shouta

I finally crafted an upgrade for myself.

5lE40.png

So good.

Only downside is that it doesn't have a socket, the dex/vit values aren't super crazy, and no arcane resistance (the one I built around) but otherwise, big damage increased with the crit chance and sweeping wind damage and I get a bit more resist because the All Resist is double my usual helmets.

Won

Don't know if it has been discussed, but Natalya's set bonus getting nerfed back?:

zMYYY.png

It was quite obvious, but still. Ultimoo won't like this :p

Are they serious? If this isn't intentional, fix it and if you like it reintroduce it as a real buff, but don't hand out useless comments like that.

stb

Sorry to ask, but this is probably the most decent item I've stumbled across and dont want to blow it.

Price check (RMAH and GAH)?

iRA7Q.jpg

Other 1h xbows with similar DPS, Dex, and Hatred Regen were: [edit: there were only 1 each on GAH and RMAH remotely comparable by DPS]
- GAH: 5.5m starting, 6m buyout (differences: lower DPS - 840, 250dex, 74 int, +9 max discipline)
- RMAH: $65 starting, $75 buyout (differences: lower DPS - 836, 282 dex, 105 str instead of the lowish INT mine has, 5% bonus dam against elites)

I know it's not my $250 unicorn, but there are't enough comparables to determine if I should price mine under or over (e.g. does 50-90 DPS trump the differences in dex? how about the elite bonus, and max discipline?), OR if both of these listings are way off the mark.

Thanks for any advice.

Ploid 3.0

The AH is where it's at.

f7fc85ea1c188919dc56a1b33a1dd326bf6571e8.jpg

Got a new weapon for cheap again, this one will help me spam tornadoes and damage spells all while staying alive due to life on hit (it's a lower dps and loh number than my other one, but it's more than enough to keep me alive). The fear chance may screw up my pack if they get away though.

7b77b2f97e9d8dcfbc87a10bcfa7b53db45a6649.jpg

Auction House the game.

Dahbomb

5lE40.png

So good.

Only downside is that it doesn't have a socket, the dex/vit values aren't super crazy, and no arcane resistance (the one I built around) but otherwise, big damage increased with the crit chance and sweeping wind damage and I get a bit more resist because the All Resist is double my usual helmets.
Wow that's a great helmet for Sweeping Wind Monk builds. Sweeping Wind is a great source of DPS for the Monk provided if you have the Critical chance to make it worthwhile.

Neki

I never used the 4 set bonus inky, so I'm indifferent to the change. If they ever change then three set or the two set I'll be upset thought.

aznpxdd

Oh god... That sounds amazing. Conviction has got to be one of the most overpowered but underused skills in the game. When more monks get so geared that they dont need Healing or Dodge Mantra to keep from getting gibbed; DPS are going to start really loving Monks that run that matra man.

Its like 48% extra damage or something stupid when runed with 100% uptime if the monk generates decent spirit. Nothing like it in the game. And it can stack with Marked for Death from a Demon Hunter..... I mean c'mon now.

I decided to try conviction after reading your post. I've got 40k HP, 650 resist all (used to be higher with Mantra of healing) and 500 LoH, so I think my survivability is decent. And wow, what a difference conviction makes. I was literally killing elite mobs around 10 seconds. The 48% extra damage is only for the initial 3 seconds, but since there's no cool down, you can keep activating the mantra if you got the spirit. When I fought elites, I just activate conviction, then immediately use Wave of Light (with the Pillar rune), which already does 680% weapon damage. That combo cleaned them up faaaaaast....

Crumpet

Neo Member
Searched all the criteria on AH and nothing matches. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to price this item. I found one similar on RMAH for £79.99. Is MF still selling well ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PAqz6.jpg

Westonian

Can anyone help me out? My monk gets insta-raped in Act 2. I have very little gold (thanks repair cost increases!) and I feel like I'm lost as to where to focus on upgrades/skill sets.

Here's my current build:
MmZ9B.jpg

PWRIG.jpg

pORvB.jpg

Any advice?

eek5

I decided to try conviction after reading your post. I've got 40k HP, 650 resist all (used to be higher with Mantra of healing) and 500 LoH, so I think my survivability is decent. And wow, what a difference conviction makes. I was literally killing elite mobs around 10 seconds. The 48% extra damage is only for the initial 3 seconds, but since there's no cool down, you can keep activating the mantra if you got the spirit. When I fought elites, I just activate conviction, then immediately use Wave of Light (with the Pillar rune), which already does 680% weapon damage. That combo cleaned them up faaaaaast....
Yeah it's so good if you h ave the DPS to back it up.

When I duo with a monk I have him start spamming MoC every 3 seconds when I pop berserker. Easily snipe out all 3 champions each time. Because of the way HP scales in inferno with multiple members, a monk running MoC seems almost mandatory if you want to clear with any kind of speed.

The only problem right now is I think his aps is too low so he can't generate spirit fast enough to keep pthe 48% extra damage up all the time. :(

aznpxdd

Can anyone help me out? My monk gets insta-raped in Act 2. I have very little gold (thanks repair cost increases!) and I feel like I'm lost as to where to focus on upgrades/skill sets.

Here's my current build:
http://i.imgur.com/MmZ9B.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PWRIG.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pORvB.jpg[/IMG

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Your vitality is WAY too low, so of course you are getting killed. Plus, the dexterity on your items are too low too. You should be looking for 150+ dex & 80+ vit on most of your gears. I mean...just look at your shoulders, they provide absolutely nothing but some resistance...

Dahbomb

@ Westonian: You should try out the passive that gives you Life per Spirit spent. Take out Resolve for it. You are also fairly low on Vitality stats, you need to boost that health to over 35K at least. You can also take your Dexterity higher, it's not where it should be (you want it approaching the 2000K mark).

If DPS isn't an issue, then I would change that socket to a life on hit gem, at least of the Star quality.

Your Mantra of Evasion doesn't have a rune. I would pick up Hard Target. If you are comfortable with Act 1 then you need to be farming Act 1. Currently I am farming Hell and while my DPS is low (I am only using 400 DPS dual wield weapons) my Vitality, Armor and Dex stats are higher than yours.

I think you kinda went overboard on the resistances (they are where they should be for Act 2) but neglected your primary stats.

Some of your items are easy fix after a few runs of Act 1/Act 4 Hell:

2 Magic Rings: One has some Dex, other has none. No Vitality on either. I realized that you are putting priority on the Critical Chance stat but that's more of a luxury, you need to get Dex + Vit on both of them, a good amount too. Any extra stats or socket you get on them both is gravy. You want at least 100 Dex and 70-80 Vit on both, not that hard to acquire.

Shoulders: As mentioned don't provide you much, upgrade their Dex and Vit.

Gloves: Have no Vit but other than that they are pretty good. Try to get a similar one with some Vit and possibly a Res All but it will be hard to find it cheap.

Bracers: No Vitality, get some Vitality on it

Amulet: Dex is too low on it, Amulet can get up to 200 Dex. The Gem is also on the low end, for Inferno you want Gems to be Star quality. It's expensive but that's what you need.

Boots: No Vitality and no movement speed although as a Monk you can sacrifice MS for better stats IMO

Weapon: Overall your best item, you probably paid a pretty penny for it or got really lucky. I would keep that for now. Only thing I would change is the Gem to a Life on hit if you are having survivability issues.

Pants: Again no Vitality and you should probably invest in one that has 1-2 sockets.

Chest Armor: It needs more base Dex but other than that it's decent.

One thing you have to remember is that damage mitigation comes from all Stats for a Monk. When you get more Dex, you are getting more Armor from your passive which mitigates damage as I think 10 armor = 1 point of resistance while also adding to your Dodge bonus. Strength and Intelligence also add to your mitigation so if you find a gear with some of those it's good to have. You are missing ample Vitality though, 20K is unhealthy even for a DH.

Nugg

Guys, I need a price check. This seemed like a decent shield with a nice block %, but I can't seem to find anyone willing to buy it. :(

ucTD5.png

Cipherr

Here's my current build:
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MmZ9B.jpg[/IMG]
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PWRIG.jpg[/IMG]
[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pORvB.jpg[/IMG]

Any advice?

HP man, you need a lot more of it. I dont think your resists are that bad if thats unbuffed. But first, I would probably keep your stuff the way it is, and start joining some Act 1 games at around the Leorics Manor spot. Run that through the Butcher, repeatedly... ad nauseum man. Do public games if solo bores you, but you need money badly.

If you aren't opposed to a sword and board that could always help as well. A nice shield with 26% or more to block and a good 1 hander with a 400 LOH gem is great, but again, those will cost money : /

XLNC

Guys, I need a price check. This seemed like a decent shield with a nice block %, but I can't seem to find anyone willing to buy it. :(

ucTD5.png

What have you tried to sell it for? I'd say you probably can't get much more than 100k for it.
The block amount isn't that great. You can get shields with 3700-4700 block.

5lE40.png

So good.

That is a nice helm. I like the sweeping wind bonus

Nugg

What have you tried to sell it for? I'd say you probably can't get much more than 100k for it.
The block amount isn't that great. You can get shields with 3700-4700 block.

It's currently, by far, the cheapest 26% block shield sitting on the AH with that kind of dex and all res scores. but yeah, I guess the block values are not that great. I guess I'll keep lowering the price if it won't sell.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I've got 13M gold, but there's nothing interesting to buy at the AH. Very moderate upgrades in chest/belt from what I've seen (I have very good roll lvl 58 items with 150 INT and VIT for chest, 100 VIT/INT for belt).

The stuff that looks interesting is either $150+ or 500B or some insane amount of gold.

I've got sages seekers/grasp. Any other good set item combos for armor for a wizard?

LordCanti

I'm just going to start preemptively flipping tables when I see a set or legendary item on the ground. Why wait till it's identified?

hai7Y.jpg

Str...dex...roll crit or resistances or something you bastard.

Are they serious? If this isn't intentional, fix it and if you like it reintroduce it as a real buff, but don't hand out useless comments like that.
Yeah, when Bashiok isn't trolling his comments tend to convey a lack of confidence. After reading that I thought "they'll come up with a solution quickly, they're probably just waiting to hotfix it in the next maintenance or some other time to implement other changes".

I feel bored with my DH for now. Think I'm gonna go back to playing my Barb, try out new builds and stuff. So glad I leveled at least 1 secondary to 60 for moments like these :p

Tom Penny

Well act 3 ramped up like a motherfucker. I can't even duel wield any more because my 1000+ life on hit wasn't doing shit and now I have to rock a shield and pathetic DPS. I also don't see how someone can get a monk to 2000 dex without spending 10's of millions of gold on gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom