• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

What was it?

The amulet I've been trying to stuff here many times.

1g1rN.jpg

Anustart

I'm just going to start preemptively flipping tables when I see a set or legendary item on the ground. Why wait till it's identified?

hai7Y.jpg

Str...dex...roll crit or resistances or something you bastard.

I found tals chest piece today, would match that amulet. My chest has such godly stats as health globe bonus and no main stats.

Edit : Awww yeah, $2.55 richer due to that plain 20% gold find ring I sold for a cool 4 bucks. And to think I was gonna throw that thing away.

LordCanti

I found tals chest piece today, would match that amulet. My chest has such godly stats as health globe bonus and no main stats.

Edit : Awww yeah, $2.55 richer due to that plain 20% gold find ring I sold for a cool 4 bucks. And to think I was gonna throw that thing away.

I put it up for $10. It's the only Tal's Amulet at $10, and I don't think it will sell lol.

I saw "Amulet" in green and my brain screamed "BEEEE BLACKTHORNESSSSS"

Tals -_- bleh.

someone might buy it to complete the set achievement

There are sets that only have two pieces =/ lol

zoukka

The fuck is going on with Andariels Visage? The stat difference between 400k, 4 mil and (lol) 400 mil is not that big? Can someone fill me in on this item or is it just amazing legendary bloat?

The Demon Hunter really is a bit of a wonky class, so little synergy.

Oh and I really have to wonder, why they made dual wielding 1handed xbows totally useless. They are worse than one + quiver in nearly every way (socket on 1handers can use crit damage gems, thats all).

There are enrage timers on Belial?? I pretty much am on auto pilot and he kills me at about 20% down by turning the whole floor into a giant green explosion.

About 15k dps buffed

sleepykyo

I'm just going to start preemptively flipping tables when I see a set or legendary item on the ground. Why wait till it's identified?

hai7Y.jpg

Str...dex...roll crit or resistances or something you bastard.

Are some drops mf restricted? ie. Tal Rash only drops at 200 mf.

Vodh

The Demon Hunter really is a bit of a wonky class, so little synergy.

Oh and I really have to wonder, why they made dual wielding 1handed xbows totally useless. They are worse than one + quiver in nearly every way (socket on 1handers can use crit damage gems, thats all).

Yeah, especially with nearly all the artwork and previews featuring dual wielding DH's this indeed seems like it's not been thought through sufficiently. Personally I think playing a dw DH would be hella' fun, especially since I feel that faster attack animations somehow feel more fun.

Yeah, especially with nearly all the artwork and previews featuring dual wielding DH's this indeed seems like it's not been thought through sufficiently. Personally I think playing a dw DH would be hella' fun, especially since I feel that faster attack animations somehow feel more fun.

Exactly, I want to use them, but you're just hurting yourself by doing it. Dual wield gets 15% attack speed bonus, quivers have the same bonus, and they are itemised so much better.

GJS

What sort of stats should a wizard be looking at to play through inferno act 1, 2, and further?

I haven't touched my alt wizard since the patch and after I killed the skeleton king, this is where I am sitting atm:

20k DPS, 29k Health, 1.7k intelligence, 734 vitality, 2.7k armour, 250-300 resists, 19.5% critical hit chance.

ElyrionX

So what stats are people going for in jewelry these days post IAS-nerf? I see the IAS rings and amulets market has collapsed so badly. Are people going for crit chance and crit damage instead of IAS now?

There are enrage timers on Belial?? I pretty much am on auto pilot and he kills me at about 20% down by turning the whole floor into a giant green explosion.

About 15k dps buffed

Yes, they added it in the last patch. It kicks in after three minutes on the third phase. No idea why they seem to think enrage on bosses is a good idea.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Belial enrage is just stupid. There's pretty much no way to survive it.

Time-limit based fail states are stupid.

TheContact

The Belial enrage is just stupid. There's pretty much no way to survive it.

Time-limit based fail states are stupid.

I think they're implemented as a gear check. If you can't beat the enrage timer, it's the game's way of telling you that you're not supposed to be there.

Whooter

I think they're implemented as a gear check. If you can't beat the enrage timer, it's the game's way of telling you that you're not supposed to be there.

This.

They've done it like this for WoW for eons, so I'm not surprised to see it here...

rCIZZLE

Not as much a gear check as a dps one. It's bullshit and really has no place in the game other than to annoy players (much like the quick regen on elites).

This.

They've done it like this for WoW for eons, so I'm not surprised to see it here...

Eh, they should be able to keep the franchises separate. I never played WoW but from what I hear, a lot of the D3 changes I don't like were inspired from WoW.

LordCanti

That Tal Ammy sold for $10. I guess I can't be too pissed at something that brought me $7 after fees.

Still, I got to be pissed at it twice though, because I saw the "you've sold an auction!" e-mail and hoped it was one of my higher priced items :p

Guys, I need a price check. This seemed like a decent shield with a nice block %, but I can't seem to find anyone willing to buy it. :(

ucTD5.png

block % is good, block amount sucks, stats suck and armor on it sucks. honestly its vendor trash or maybe a 40k shield for a new level 60 player needing resists.

Yes, they added it in the last patch. It kicks in after three minutes on the third phase. No idea why they seem to think enrage on bosses is a good idea.
Thanks ... That explains that.

yeah ... I guess back to farming. Though it really is kind of silly. Im literally on auto pilot until that timer kicks in. I had a 5 stack too

Chocobro

After taking a break since the patch, I decided to hop on and farm Act 1 solo instead of co-oping (using "Konvict's Guide to Act 1 Inferno Farming" that was posted a few pages back) with a new build. I finally found a set item I was hoping for:

QX82g.jpg

Too bad it doesn't have +max discipline, but it does have spike traps which I am currently using. Hoping to get a Natalya's Mark in the future so I can get that 2 set bonus :D!

I also got about 34 rares and one set item from one run, not bad.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The fuck is going on with Andariels Visage? The stat difference between 400k, 4 mil and (lol) 400 mil is not that big? Can someone fill me in on this item or is it just amazing legendary bloat?

AV with good int is worth 4 or 5 million.
AV with good str is worthless.

Dahbomb

Add me into another player who has put in 200 hours on the game and hasn't seen a Set piece yet.

If it weren't for outside information and the AH, I wouldn't even know that Set pieces existed in the game. I have run across like 4-5 Legendaries though.

linsivvi

Well act 3 ramped up like a motherfucker. I can't even duel wield any more because my 1000+ life on hit wasn't doing shit and now I have to rock a shield and pathetic DPS. I also don't see how someone can get a monk to 2000 dex without spending 10's of millions of gold on gear.

I'm dual wielding with 20K DPS and 800 life on hit at act 3. Still dies to elites but at least I can kill them without skipping.

Tom Penny

I'm dual wielding with 20K DPS and 800 life on hit at act 3. Still dies to elites but at least I can kill them without skipping.

I can't get to 20K what weapons are you rocking? Thats with an 880 weapon...but the other is like 635. Expensive to upgrade. Need the right Deal. I have maybe 15k unbuffed but that gives me 1100 LOH. We should get down sometime BenN1ce#1430.

LordCanti

AV with good int is worth 4 or 5 million.
AV with good str is worthless.

AV with good Dex is also worth a lot (depending). Int or Dex (100 or so) with vita is worth a lot, as is Int or Dex with a socket. Int/Dex with Vita and a socket, and well rolled everything else (crit chance 3% and attack speed 6% as well as 500+ armor) is worth a ton.

Add me into another player who has put in 200 hours on the game and hasn't seen a Set piece yet.

If it weren't for outside information and the AH, I wouldn't even know that Set pieces existed in the game. I have run across like 4-5 Legendaries though.

I've had four set items drop for me. This was the first one that wasn't worth very much. Of the ten or so legendaries I've had drop, all ten have been complete shit.

If I had any gold left, I'd buy up all the cheap, shitty roll Tal amulets (like that one I had) and sell them for $10 a piece. At 1m or so per, if they all sold, that's $10 per mil. Not bad.

linsivvi

I can't get to 20K what weapons are you rocking? Thats with an 880 weapon...but the other is like 635. Expensive to upgrade. Need the right Deal. I have maybe 15k unbuffed but that gives me 1100 LOH. We should get down sometime BenN1ce#1430.

Yeah I got lucky and picked up a spear 2 weeks ago with 705 dps, 259 dex and 362 life on hit. Yesterday I bought an axe from the AH (for 3M I think) with 824 dps, 233 dex and 120 life on hit.

It's still a struggle but I think I'm about break even after selling to vendor and repair. I just want to finish the damn Act 3.

so uhhh....I put up my weapon for 250,000,000 gold on the AH since I wasn't going to to playing much this weekend and I log into my account and see this...

2ds2o.png

WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK? LOL at the guy who said the weapon was only worth 70-80 mil.

dwebo

with all the shitty loot I've been getting in-game, I'm definitely warming to AH flipping

finding an undervalued item creates the same buzz as finding a decent rare, only it happens far more frequently and for far less effort expended

edit: jesus

hOLY FUCK you are rich. cash out n retire lol.

edit: I actually saw that item on the AH and laughed I'm like these things cannot actually be selling, thought it was just people bragging about their amazing weapon by taunting everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom