• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitama

So what are you guys doing that makes you want to keep playing? I quit sometime last week, only hopped on to see my DPS drop for the 1.0.3 patch, played around a bit, got bored again and logged off.

I don't mind doing repetitive stuff to get nice items (farming), but I do mind when it takes me over 10 mins for a run the way Blizzard wants us to do them. Saw a couple people doing an act 1 run that lasted close to an hour but don't you grow tired by doing that over and over again? Blizzard pretty much failed at the end game in my opinion, it just feels so dull now, especially with all the nerfs (I'm sure there's been at least 1 nerf a week since launch) and now they are even removing set bonuses because they feel "OP" (with regards to Natalya's set). It's pretty expensive (if using the AH) or very rare (if not using the AH) to get a full set of anything and the set bonuses should just reflect that.

I dunno... I guess I just grew tired of doing repetitive tasks and not gaining a lot by doing them which makes it very easy to just stop playing and play something else. I can't really think of a single good reason to keep playing Diablo 3 when there's so many better ways to spend my time.

Anustart

CZcap.jpg

Since this seems to be place to ask, could I get a price check on this? I'm currently at the start of a run so I can't check the AH.

I would give you my child for that dagger.

Edit : For price, that thing will go for a LOT. Perfect mana regen plus insane int and vit. Absolutely sick witch doctor weapon.

mileS

The in-game vsync is messed up. Should have turned it off a while ago and just run with D3DOverridder, hmm but I didn't really check for input lag, that could be a problem with that. Meh I'll try later.

GJS

I dunno... I guess I just grew tired of doing repetitive tasks and not gaining a lot by doing them which makes it very easy to just stop playing and play something else. I can't really think of a single good reason to keep playing Diablo 3 when there's so many better ways to spend my time.

But that's all gaming is.

There's not really any other games that interest me right now so I thought why not try and clear inferno before I have to start work. Farming act 2 is so easy that I play it muted in a window and watch movies, I'm steadily building up gold doing that and upgrading my monk.

When I want to actually play the game I go and see if I can progress any further into act 3.

moop1167

Can someone real quick who has the Act 4 inferno diablo quest make a game so I can upgrade my staff? I'd appreciate it.

moop1167#1922

dwebo

Man my demon hunter hit a wall in act II nightmare.

Any suggested builds around my level?

unless you have some aversion to the AH, just go buy some cheap stuff on there and power through. searching for dex/vit and 1k buyout max will probably yield upgrades for most of your stuff

one thing I wish I knew when I was leveling my dh was evasive fire w/ covering fire rune. it's basically a multishot that generates hatred

unless you have some aversion to the AH, just go buy some cheap stuff on there and power through. searching for dex/vit and 1k buyout max will probably yield upgrades for most of your stuff

one thing I wish I knew when I was leveling my dh was evasive fire w/ covering fire rune. it's basically a multishot that generates hatred

thanks for the tips!

Dahbomb

I just checked that Witch Doctor Ceremonial Knife on the AH and the only thing comparable to it is a weapon that is 200-250 DPS lower and that's well over 10s of million in gold price.

There is really nothing like it, it's a top tier weapon from the looks of it. I would honestly try for a 300 million gold buyout price...

Evasive Fire with Covering Fire is pretty good but it got nerfed and it can't attack through walls anymore. Also you have to be careful with how you use it because if enemies swarm you and you try to attack them it will eat through your Discipline really fast. This is why I dropped it, otherwise it's a solid skill.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
2% I believe. And I've gotten quite a few i63 drops, though most of them are trash.

Just got my first 63 weapon drop. Kind of shit. Only 1 roll went into damage for the dagger, and tons into dex (+293). Probably won't sell with 500 dps.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The best way to farm I've found is to complete a butcher run in act 1 so that you're checkpoint is just before where you killed him.

Then every time you resume game you can backtrack to the jail and get 5 NV. Then from there just use the waypoints to get to all of the elites in act 1. Ignore everything else, only pickup rares.

RivalCore

Alrightly, it's gone for 300mil buyout and a 250mil bid start.

God I hope this is my ticket out of Act III. Cheers guys.

EDIT:

I forgot to say that's a Act I drop off an elite pack in the Warden dungeon at 270 MF with 5 NV stacks (I think my base is around 210-220 MF). There's hope for everyone!

Dahbomb

There are 1K+ DPS daggers on the AH but none of them have stats at that level. There's a dagger with like 200 Intel and about the same Vitality but it's like 700 DPS. The mana regen is the icing on the cake, it seals the deal on the price.

sleepykyo

I've finally conceded defeat to the AH. It's amazing what shows up under 50k buyout. They aren't great or anything, but anything is an upgrade over what I've gotten from the 4 slot exalted crafts.

Dahbomb

I've finally conceded defeat to the AH. It's amazing what shows up under 50k buyout. They aren't great or anything, but anything is an upgrade over what I've gotten from the 4 slot exalted crafts.
What difficulty?

You can easily make it up to Act 1 Inferno and with some grinding clear it too with the drops you get and some crafts here and there. I made it up to Act 1 Inferno with my Monk and I can probably clear it now too and I did it without touching the AH until like yesterday. My gear was so bad for the most part I was getting upgrades for 10K lulz.

sleepykyo

What difficulty?

You can easily make it up to Act 1 Inferno and with some grinding clear it too with the drops you get and some crafts here and there. I made it up to Act 1 Inferno with my Monk and I can probably clear it now too and I did it without touching the AH until like yesterday. My gear was so bad for the most part I was getting upgrades for 10K lulz.

Made up to Inferno Belial with Monk (solo) without AH. Or rather ZK 1.02. Then made to Belial in 1.03. Then died to dps enrage check.

I'm not suffering like that again with the Barbarian.

Dahbomb

That's really impressive then. It's very hard to get good DPS weapons even in Act 2 Inferno (at least for me it was in the pre-1.03 days).

Any ranged class (at least) could definitely get Act 1 Inferno clearing gear for less than 100k.
DH pre-1.03 patch could clear most of Act 3 Inferno with 100K gold and the AH. I am pretty sure I saw a video of a DH taking out Azmodan without dying rather quickly off of gear that was 100K total.

zoukka

My guess is that WD dagger won't sell for hundreds of millions, but I might be wrong. So many comparable 1handers with int/vit for so much lower prices will kill it imo.

Still it is goddamn fine :D

And I always underestimate the crazy gold botters who will pay hundreds of millions for 50-ish dps upgrades.

zoukka

It has mana regen so it should be more popular than the normal weapons to a WD fan.

All ceremonial knives have that so it's nothing yber, but then again I advocate common sense and the AH pricing does disagree. There's a -50 dps knife there with better int and same vit for 8 million buyout. So you are paying 192 million extra for that +50 dps lol.

syllogism

There are 1K+ DPS daggers on the AH but none of them have stats at that level. There's a dagger with like 200 Intel and about the same Vitality but it's like 700 DPS. The mana regen is the icing on the cake, it seals the deal on the price.
A socket on a weapon is worth 300+ main stat, as is a decent crit dmg roll so just looking at main stats is a mistake. Of course maybe on NA AH people just buy things with big numbers. It's a good but not a unique weapon.

zoukka

I wonder if rich ass WD's even search for that kind of high vit combo. It's a nice stat, but not as important as crit damage and even higher int.

Dahbomb

It's not about what it's actual worth is, I definitely agree that it's worth isn't in the hundreds of million. It's about what the maximum it could possibly sell to make you a profit and I have seen worse items sell for more on the AH. I have sold complete garbage items on the RMAH for $10 and a worthless IAS Bow for 500K.

There is no real draw back to pricing something higher than it's worth and then slowly going down until you sell it.

Wedge7

yes.png

When you see absolute shit for so long, it makes the nice drops all the prettier.

I literally choked on my Mcdonalds fries that I was currently munching on, thank you Act1 Leorics Mansion.

Insured

While we're on the topic of lucky weapon drops, help me with this one that just dropped GAF:

Untitleded.jpg

I don't know much of anything about wizards, I can't find any comparable wands on the AH (similar onehanders of other types, the prices are really all over the place), and I don't know of how much value the +max AP really is. The STR sure is a wasted stat, but stacking crit damage with that DPS must be worth something. Any estimates on how much to sell it for?

Totakeke

Man, Monk has almost too many viable skills compared to a DH, I don't know what to choose.

Now I realize it's such a pain finding gear for monks, 3 filters is no way enough. :/

Can't beat Diablo in Hell difficulty :(

Demon Hunter, lvl 60, glass cannon build (more like glass slingshot)

Hard to dodge his attacks, so I have to resort to using up all my discipline all the time and I end up dying way too fast. The repair costs don't help either.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of gear to buy before I blow it on something that sucks.

What kind of gear should I focus on first? Stronger weapon, or gear to survive? I have approximately 1 million Gold.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
INT weapons really need a socket or crit bonus to be "jackpot". Both is truly jackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom