• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

Can't beat Diablo in Hell difficulty :(

Demon Hunter, lvl 60, glass cannon build (more like glass slingshot)

Hard to dodge his attacks, so I have to resort to using up all my discipline all the time and I end up dying way too fast. The repair costs don't help either.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of gear to buy before I blow it on something that sucks.

What kind of gear should I focus on first? Stronger weapon, or gear to survive? I have approximately 1 million Gold.

Don't stand near any edges and Diablo won't teleport. Now the fight is almost twice as easy.

Yeah...

So Act 3 Inferno is definitely too hard for me at the moment with the current repair cost penalty. Even white mobs can be dangerous, though a good bit of it may just be the terrain in the early part - there's not a lot of room to maneuver in those ramparts.

The downside is that Act 1 and 2 are too easy. Guess I'm going back to farm there though.

Mobs just have a ton of health, so I either need to go more cannon, or actually beef up my defenses.

Cipherr

Man, Monk has almost too many viable skills compared to a DH, I don't know what to choose.

Now I realize it's such a pain finding gear for monks, 3 filters is no way enough. :/

OWE just kills you. You normally search for All resist and whichever secondary you are stacking. Leaves you with one bloody search field... terrible.

dwebo

What happened to the trade thread?

oxSK2.jpg

This worth anything? 'Bout to vendor it.

seriously? maybe it's just been my general bad luck, but an >800dps 1h rare would probably be the best drop from an entire act 2 elite run

sure it's not a 250 million item, but you could probably get at least 1 million

Fularu

Banned
Would gloves with :

154 dext
25 Fire res
62 all res
7% ias

be looked after by DH's? Or is that a bad itemisation glove for them?

Dahbomb

Man, Monk has almost too many viable skills compared to a DH, I don't know what to choose.

Now I realize it's such a pain finding gear for monks, 3 filters is no way enough. :/
I 100% agree with this. Also makes Monks' gear way more expensive but once you reach his threshhold he becomes insane.

You basically need to be on the look out for the following stuff when playing Monk:

Dexterity
Vitality
Strength and Intelligence (equal importance but they are both good to have)
Armor
All Resistance
Resistance of a particular type to stack One with Everything
Crit Chance for Sweeping Wind build
Crit Damage
IAS for faster Spirit build up and general DPS
Life on Hit
Health Regeneration
Life per Spirit spend (underrated attribute)
Spirit Regeneration

Would gloves with :

154 dext
25 Fire res
62 all res
7% ias

Great item for a Monk stacking Fire resistance. Coincidentally I am stacking Fire resistance on my Monk and if that had Vitality on it I would've taken it from you.

Tess3ract

Banned
not sure. my barb was already geared up amazingly well before this and I'm too lazy to start pan handling gold on forums and such. maybe wait until the RMAH gold stuff comes up? by then gold will be 1$ for a mil lol.
Cash it all out bro, it's about $1000 real dollars all that gold. Free bucks, out of nowhere. Someone did you a favor dont throw it away.

Zzoram

So twinking new characters with gems is awesome.

Gems have no level requirement. Find a weapon with a socket and you can be invincible for all of Normal with +LOH.

RivalCore

Would gloves with :

154 dext
25 Fire res
62 all res
7% ias

Those are similar to my old gloves, I think i got 200k for them. An Act II monk stacking fire would definitely jump if the price was right.

Anustart

I always get a little excited when I find a rare kurastian snake, and id'ing this one just now was worth it!

+30-31 damage and dex...

HenryHSH

not sure. my barb was already geared up amazingly well before this and I'm too lazy to start pan handling gold on forums and such. maybe wait until the RMAH gold stuff comes up? by then gold will be 1$ for a mil lol.

It won't get that low, and the 15% fee will keep it over 4 bucks. For an easy grand, you should be a little less lazy. :q

Cipherr

So twinking new characters with gems is awesome.

Gems have no level requirement. Find a weapon with a socket and you can be invincible for all of Normal with +LOH.

This was very fun on my barb and Monk. Especially dual wielding socketed weapons on him with 300 LOH gems at those low levels.

Complete invincibility.

Dahbomb

Through the entirety of my Normal/Nightmare run, most people I ran into were one hitting stuff with relative ease despite being at my level. Then I checked their inventory and they had like Star Ruby gems on their weapons lol.

Gems should have a level restriction on them real talk.

Found an amulet that seems to be pretty good...but I have no idea. Worth selling?
Screenshot005.jpg

Image is looking weird...
94 STR
90 INT
44 Cold Res
32 All Res
291 Armor
2.2% Chance to Blind
Socketed

railGUN

Banned
Asking again since my post was at the bottom of the page...

Demon Hunters - Am I better off with a 965 DPS rare crossbow with 163 DEX and 42% Critical Damage increase, or with a blue crossbow with 1150~ DPS and no other stats?

I've just hit Belial, and I don't think I can kill him with my current DPS (30k unbuffed)... I tried about 6 times and only made to phase 3 once.

CZcap.jpg

Since this seems to be place to ask, could I get a price check on this? I'm currently at the start of a run so I can't check the AH.

cereknife.jpg

I sold this for 21.5m b/o (bought with about 5 hours to go). And I kinda feel like I could have gotten a bit more. Yours would be in the same sorta range I'd imagine.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The highest I think I have sold somethings is 1.5 Million/20 AUD. At least I have like $70 made from the game, but nothing from the RMAH has sold in the past few days, which makes me sad.

nitric0

What should I price this at the GAH? Never picked up a 75 all res item
xBNGE.jpg

This sucker worth trying on the RMAH? I looked up the stats in the RMAH and don't see anything with its stats

Duesy

While we're on the topic of lucky weapon drops, help me with this one that just dropped GAF:

Untitleded.jpg

I don't know much of anything about wizards, I can't find any comparable wands on the AH (similar onehanders of other types, the prices are really all over the place), and I don't know of how much value the +max AP really is. The STR sure is a wasted stat, but stacking crit damage with that DPS must be worth something. Any estimates on how much to sell it for?

Realistically, anywhere from 20-40 million. If it had int it would be 70+. I still may be low on the first estimate. Should shoot high regardless.

theta11

cereknife.jpg

I sold this for 21.5m b/o (bought with about 5 hours to go). And I kinda feel like I could have gotten a bit more. Yours would be in the same sorta range I'd imagine.

Not quite, Crit damage bonus is makes it much more valuable. It's a stat you can only make up for in a few places.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is the Eye of the Storm something monks want? I got one with +200 Armor and a 2 Spirit regen. I think I'm going to try putting it up for a 30k bid, 200k buyout, I see one with similerish stats sold for 180k pretty fast, even if it doesn't seem all that great.

eye.jpg

Ketch

OMG Please stop posting pictures of SICK ASS ceremonial daggers! I've been trying to win one on bid for like a week and half... they all cost so damn much, and YOU ALL HAVE WAY TOO MANY!

Why do you torment me!?!

So uh, just ran into a champ group in the sewers in Act 2. Wasn't paying much attention until I noticed just about every ability being thrown at me at once(arcane, frozen, molten, plague, mortar, etc).

Turns out each of the three mobs had different abilities, and on death they all dropped loot. Had about 8 rares drop total, fun bug. :lol

Could I get a price check on this? I posted it in general chat and got some offers already but I'm in the middle of a run and don't want to lose my NV stacks. Thanks!

xQuJh.jpg

I figure it might be desirable as part of a barb MF set.

Duress

I'm not sure how to go about pricing this RMAH or gold wise. Seems like the fire bomb thing would limit buyers. Price check on this

iGpt7c2eUOcCs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom