• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

No, theirs at least 3 MF weapons in the game I thought, maybe more.

That spear one as well, as well as a WD only dagger, both that I have personally found.

I also found a Wizard Staff (2 hander) but that is truly worthless because it has like 400 DPS or so. I destroyed that one (it had like 14% MF anyway). I suspect there is at least one specific for each class.

Vicros

I just passed the 180 hour mark. So, uh, congrats to me I guess :-/

I haven't spent this much time on one game since highschool.

Wedge7

6 prop plan? Hmm... Maybe I should see what the AH has for sale. What's a good plan that'd make easy real money?

To be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable about the crafting market, all I knew beforehand was that the gloves were, at least at the time, one of the more lucrative ones, due to people paying big money for gloves, if they had nice stats. At the time, I was strongly considering selling them, for around 13 million or so, as I didnt quite know if I had enough money to keep up with the variance, and that was a nice chunk of change. I ended up keeping them, and am glad I did. Its like gambling, and I initially had a pretty terrible run, and was considering stopping, but then I made a few big ones and they began to pay for themselves, and more. I guess if you were going to head in, you should have quite a bit of money behind you, incase of bad luck. I also found the 6 prop shoulders, and have made a few of those, though I generally only make the gloves, feels more exciting.

hey where do 6 prop plans drop? iknow only in act 3/4 before 1.03

but now that drop rates are increased for 1/2, are they in there too?

Honestly, no clue. All I know is that I have a stache full of literally 5-6 4 prop helms/chests/shields etc, all from the early acts. Since the patch, I've again found like 3 or 4 plans, but all 4 prop, in Act1. I would imagine that they probably have changed as well, though cant confirm.

Did they hotfix ferrets in some way?

It seems whenever they get stuck on a pile I see like a blue shield and a sound happens and they dont actually get stuck they get it just as fast as normal. Might be in my head or something but the shield and sound is definitely there.

Just started using them again after stopping because
1. They got stuck on piles sometimes
2. Too slow.
3. Work together sometimes instead of tackling seperate piles
4. Prioritized attacking instead of gold...dumb.

I actually saw the same exact complaints in some other threads on diff forums, so it really seems like they should fix them since obviously it just makes sense to go with another companion right now...ferrets are gimmick status atm.

BigDug13

So WTF just happened to us? My friend and I, 60 Monk and 60 DH, Act 2 Inferno. Fighting a champ pack of Mosquitos with Waller, frozen, Fire Chains, Shield. We're picking away at them and of course dying. Then when there's 2 of them left, they have some kind of skull and crossbone icon on them and we each die constantly if we are in visual range. We both die 3 more times within 2 seconds of getting into visual range of them. They aren't hitting us. We're just watching our life melt without getting hit, then we die.

What is this phenomenon?

eek5

It seems whenever they get stuck on a pile I see like a blue shield and a sound happens and they dont actually get stuck they get it just as fast as normal. Might be in my head or something but the shield and sound is definitely there.

2. Too slow.

I actually saw the same exact complaints in some other threads on diff forums, so it really seems like they should fix them since obviously it just makes sense to go with another companion right now...ferrets are gimmick status atm.

sounds like the same pathing problems that zombie bears has

RDreamer

So WTF just happened to us? My friend and I, 60 Monk and 60 DH, Act 2 Inferno. Fighting a champ pack of Mosquitos with Waller, frozen, Fire Chains, Shield. We're picking away at them and of course dying. Then when there's 2 of them left, they have some kind of skull and crossbone icon on them and we each die constantly if we are in visual range. We both die 3 more times within 2 seconds of getting into visual range of them. They aren't hitting us. We're just watching our life melt without getting hit, then we die.

What is this phenomenon?

Enrage timer. You've got to zone out and wait a while for it to go away. Then you can fight them again, though they'll likely be fully healed at that point.

I love my ferrets but they certainly need some tweaks. How hard is it for me to have some kind of indicator if my pet is summoned besides the purple dot on my map (which sometimes is overlapped by my follower)?

Screenshot014.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

What is this phenomenon?

The phenomenon is called pisspoor game design. Common in this game.

ElyrionX

With that dps? Why would it?

Search for it in the AH and cap 50k and sort by cheapest and I'll bet you find hits.

Salvage and sell fire crafting material.

Dude if you have no idea on item valuations, you shouldn't even be commenting. WTF. That weapon is easily worth 2million because of the MF.

Actually had a productive evening. Finished Act 1 inferno with my Wizard. I'll probably do some butcher runs for a few days before attempting the face rape that will be act 2.

I got some nice drops, too. Probably about 4-5 million worth once I get it sorted on the auction house.

I feel like I'm rounding a corner as far as resource management goes.

bs000

2. Too slow.

You forgot to list the most infuriating thing about ferrets! It's how they run stacked on top of each other. I want them to run next to each other or on either side of me. Fixing this should be priority one gosh darnit!

Ketch

Well, After all the worrying I just easily beat butcher first try, one shot, with 5 stacks... didn't get anything good though... It was a whole lot easier then I thought it would be.

Here's my dude

act%201%20wd.png

I've got 4-500 ish resist all and 55 mana regen..

I tried a little bit of act 3... died twice to shielding extra health arcane something pain mongers, and then died 3 times to invul minions, plague, frozen, waller (fast guys with 1handed swords) in sorrocco caverns... now i'm calling it a night...

I think I would really like to stack a bunch more int (obviously)... and then get some more % damage reduction from melee and life per second.

ElyrionX

That's good damage for a source. The intel/vit/crit chance is icing on the cake.

It's obviously not some 100million dollar item, but its good.

No, it's not good damage for a level 60 source. Anything less than 280 - 300 damage on a level 60 source is vendor trash. I have three sources on the AH going for 80k and less and they are all not selling. All three have close to or more than 300 max damage.

What's the deal here? Damage for a source seems low. Is it the crit chance? Do wizards stack crit chance now?

Wizards are all about high crit/crit chance. It's how they get absurdly high dps

Sources go from like 100 something - 400, it's got nice stats but the base damage isn't amazing. The odds of getting those same stats on a better damage piece are pretty low.

You forgot to list the most infuriating thing about ferrets! It's how they run stacked on top of each other. I want them to run next to each other or on either side of me. Fixing this should be priority one gosh darnit!

Yes that too that can be in the list also. Though I believe this blue shield thing is new cause I never seen it when I ran ferrets for a day or two probably a week ago. So hopefully they are looking at fixing them! It gives me hope.

Put this up on US AH for 525k buyout (250k min bid). I'm thinking I overpriced it. Weren't too many rings like it. Should I go lower if it doesn't sell?

jiUC8.png

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So geared up my barb a bit, tweaked my spec and just demolished inferno Belial. Didn't come close to dying and just tanked and spanked phase2 without ever getting low (he was dead before he summoned serpents). Was worried a bit about Act 3 but just ended up blowing through the first couple of quests without much of a challenge...is there a point where Act3 gets significantly harder or have I just gotten to the tipping point where my gear/spec makes stuff doable?

Stats:

32k hps
31.5k dps
6000 armor
350 resists
1000 LoH
3% lifesteal (or whatever that is nerfed to)
28% crit chance
Use a 1080 dps 2handed sword

ElyrionX

Put this up on US AH for 525k buyout (250k min bid). I'm thinking I overpriced it. Weren't too many rings like it. Should I go lower if it doesn't sell?

jiUC8.png

I could be wrong but that ring is worthless. MF is decent but on rings, MF can go as high as 18% so 12% isn't much to shout about. I doubt you can even sell it for 100k but as I said, I could be wrong.

I could be wrong but that ring is worthless. MF is decent but on rings, MF can go as high as 18% so 12% isn't much to shout about. I doubt you can even sell it for 100k but as I said, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I just based it off what was up at the time. I didn't think it was worth that much but I didn't want to underprice it too much. I'll just keep an eye on the market for it until it expires so I can get a better idea before it ends.

Cipherr

Cleared Act 2 on my Barb. My gear is pretty mediocre. I expected to have to spend some cash to clear it. Had set aside 5m to buy some modest upgrades, but I never had to. Instead spent 5m on getting some high level gems instead after I killed Belial.

So I've got roughly 110 hours combined between my DH and my Wizard and I still haven't found a single legendary/set item.

For all the people bitching about how bad they are, at least you got one ;_;

Seems like most of my friends quit once the RMAH went live.

Way to ruin the game Blizzard... I'm feeling it too. Once you start bringing in real money into games, it kind of ruins its illusion and fun. I'm thinking, "Oh sweet item! But if I sell it, I can eat dinner this week... hmmm" I don't want to be thinking these things when im relaxing playing a game!!!

Not to mention the divide on the auction houses.

So I've got roughly 110 hours combined between my DH and my Wizard and I still haven't found a single legendary/set item.

For all the people bitching about how bad they are, at least you got one ;_;

I'm on 150 hours + without a set item a legendary or a decent rare. So you don't have the worst luck ever.

inky

My only suggestion to those with bad legendary luck is MF gear. I probably sound like a broken record right now, but with 310 MF (including stacks) I would say I get one out of every 4-5 runs. I got 2 of them today (both crap btw). It took me about 150hrs iirc to see my first one as well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok, I'm done. For real this time. If I make another post that seems like I'm playing (A question about x) ban me.

I just feel like a chump with 250 hours played,0$ made,broke in the gold department, and getting stank drops.

A game shouldn't make you feel inadequate...

Stasis

I know people still want to get a legendary or set item because it seems like they'd be the best, but they're mostly just crap. I've gotten 4 so far (around 140 hours played, spent mostly on 2 lvl 60's) and at this point I actually feel zero excitement about it.

I'm done... Act 1 Inferno has made me feel completely helpless, and there other games I could be playing instead of grinding out money for AH items that would allow me to survive. Everyone quits public games too.

I constantly see other players with over 40k health while the best I can do is 12k. How is that even possible if we're both at level 60?
That how it was for me when I start inferno. If you enjoy the game then you will get there ... Now I have 40k life, 25k dps. Thought I probably feel differently if I have to do it over with current repair costs. My biggest beef with the last patch.

My only suggestion to those with bad legendary luck is MF gear. I probably sound like a broken record right now, but with 310 MF (including stacks) I would say I get one out of every 4-5 runs. I got 2 of them today (both crap btw). It took me about 150hrs iirc to see my first one as well.

That was my first problem I went gold suit and ran that. 31k dps , 12 k health and 181% GF no stacks. This suit was my first suit and is bad barely no resists, I cant run anything but Rumsford Gates. It adds up quickly though.

I switched over to magic find, 164% no stacks right now still need to buy my MF rings. 460 AR minimum so far, hopefully rings will add to this. 33k dps, 32 k health. I ran 5 stacks and found rares but all garbage so far. I'm HOPING though.

Ashhong

No, it's not good damage for a level 60 source. Anything less than 280 - 300 damage on a level 60 source is vendor trash. I have three sources on the AH going for 80k and less and they are all not selling. All three have close to or more than 300 max damage.

Well then, I will buy one of those sources. Stats on them? Any with a socket?

ZZMitch

jiUC8.png

Looks pretty damn amazing to me, but then again I am only a level 17 Barb who just started (10 hours in, just beat Act 1!). It would double my strength total if I could equip it heh.

Junie12

Just had a friend text me that she's done with this game, said that enrage timer on bosses was the stupidest thing Blizzard ever did in this game. Now I'm the only one left in my RL friends that still plays this game. I feel so lonely now :(

Man Blizz really drop the ball on Inferno, my friend list is pretty inactive. Even the people that still plays the game don't really play it, they're just flipping stuff on the AH now. With no one else to play I'm thinking of taking a break too, but I don't think my gear is worth much in the RMAH though..

Eh, I'll give the game a few days. If I have a dry spell then I'll probably quit :p

Uncle AJ

Well I spent all of my 300k on armor that had vitality instead of magic find, which buffed my vitality to 27k, but it's still not making a difference. Any rare/elite mobs still one-shot me. Fast or teleporter affix pretty much ensures I have to quit that session.

I feel like success in this game relies a lot on finding that one super rare/awesome item that someone will buy for at least 1 mil on the AH, just so you can get the ball rolling and start buying gear that really makes a difference on inferno. But in my 50+ hours of playing, that kind of luck just hasn't been with me. I've yet to successfully sell anything for over 100k.

nitric0

Just had a friend text me that she's done with this game, said that enrage timer on bosses was the stupidest thing Blizzard ever did in this game. Now I'm the only one left in my RL friends that still plays this game. I feel so lonely now :(

Man Blizz really drop the ball on Inferno, my friend list is pretty inactive. Even the people that still plays the game don't really play it, they're just flipping stuff on the AH now. With no one else to play I'm thinking of taking a break too, but I don't think my gear is worth much in the RMAH though..

Eh, I'll give the game a few days. If I have a dry spell then I'll probably quit :p

Yeah the enrage timers on bosses is retarded. Lol @ Belial's enrage timer. Died three times to that POS.

SupaNaab

Was in Act III NM HC with a friend. One of the flying mobs was invisible (yes it had landed), not targetable and damaged us periodically. It would only become visible when shooting a fireball (but completely invulnerable and essentially teleporting). I used DH traps but they would not be triggered by the mob nor would a Sentry or Bat companion target the mob. We were forced to leave because it followed us through the entire Act. The idea that I could lose my character to something like this is extremely frustrating (but oh, how I love HC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom