• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexel

OMG, a Hellion Crossbow. I'm rich

8lCdq.png

:(

What a perfect name for that crossbow. Perhaps the next Hellion you identify will be named "Unrelenting Dissapointment" to really validate the shit drops you get in this game.

Dahbomb

I have been following that Act 1 Inferno run posted on the Blizzard forum where you basically go Elite/Champion hunting throughout the Act and I am literally swimming in Rares. Got quite a few lvl62s, probably 1 or 2 lvl63s. Nothing jackpot level but even if I don't play for the next few days my AH que is going to be filled up with the stuff I am going to be putting on there.

If you follow that run you would have to go to town 2-3 times to dump all your stuff that you will be getting. That 40 rares per run number is no exaggeration, it's not uncommon for even a Champion pack to drop 3 rares. I had to actually buy a new tab on the stash.

Zzoram

Using GAH to buy low level gear every few levels when powering a new character makes the process so much faster and easier. You can always buy some of the best gear for your level for a few thousand gold.

RivalCore

I have been following that Act 1 Inferno run posted on the Blizzard forum where you basically go Elite/Champion hunting throughout the Act and I am literally swimming in Rares. Got quite a few lvl62s, probably 1 or 2 lvl63s. Nothing jackpot level but even if I don't play for the next few days my AH que is going to be filled up with the stuff I am going to be putting on there.

If you follow that run you would have to go to town 2-3 times to dump all your stuff that you will be getting. That 40 rares per run number is no exaggeration, it's not uncommon for even a Champion pack to drop 3 rares. I had to actually buy a new tab on the stash.

I had 67 rares at the end of a run. Blizzard needs to come out with some mass-identify solution because that shits tedious.

confuziz

Banned
You lose 11k dps by using one of them, I don't see how you can be confused about which one is better :p

No that's not the case. It's because of the sharpshooter. The base damage with the +% crit amulet is higher (because of the extra dex), but the crit dmg is higher with the other one.

What a perfect name for that crossbow. Perhaps the next Hellion you identify will be named "Unrelenting Dissapointment" to really validate the shit drops you get in this game.

It hurts even more seeing that amazing crit bonus go to waste

Even a slight elemental boost would have gotten it close to 1k

;_;

As of yet I haven't found dick in Act 1 excluding the shield theta bought

The time you have to wait is actually the time it takes for it to heal back to full health

No it's not. If everyone in the group goes back to town and is all in town at the same time, you can warp back and the enrage timer will be gone and they will not be at full health yet. You have to be quick about it, but I do this all the time. *

* - haven't tested post 1.03

MrDaravon

Yup, this is exactly what I've been doing as well, and I agree. Two of the 15 or so "middling" rares I mentioned in my post from like 20 minutes ago have already sold at about 250k and 450k respectively (weren't even the ones I posted). Given that I'm sitting at about 2.6 million before those sold, which was the most money I have EVER had, I'm pretty happy with this run and how it performs. Just to post the link again (he's updated it a bit): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911721344

The only variations I make is that when I check for the Dank Cellar I do also head out and to the right and check for Sarkoth in the Dark Cellar, and also I proceed up to Leoric's Mansion as mentioned but actually run the level fully from there. I tend to get one Elite inside the mansion, then two or so + the chance to get a Treasure Goblin in Floor 1 of the depths (his guide has you go from outside the mansion directly to Floor 2). Takes maybe 2 hours for me, and I usually have to go back to town 4 times. Madness.

Fixed1979

IDEZN.png

Second legendary ever...Can I get anything at all? It seems like Blade of the Warlord are pretty shitty regardless but this appears to be a decent one at least...

zoukka

I don't see how this differs from any regular elite hunt...

Also I have a question, how do the Tal Rasha set bonuses work exactly?

Jrmint

Using GAH to buy low level gear every few levels when powering a new character makes the process so much faster and easier. You can always buy some of the best gear for your level for a few thousand gold.
Using a ruby in the helm helps too. Flawless Square Rubies gives +19% xp per kill.

Can someone repost that Act 1 farming guide you guys are mentioning?

Dahbomb

I don't see how this differs from any regular elite hunt...
It doesn't but it's probably the best way to farm Act 1 IMO. You can easily farm Act 1 with this method and gear yourself up for Act 2. I was actually comparing it to previous farming methods of Goblin hunting or breaking pots prior to 1.03 as that was my experience with Inferno before this.

Can someone repost that Act 1 farming guide you guys are mentioning?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911721344

Sold a 819 DPS 1 hander wand last night with crit damage and 124 int as the notables for 6mil.

Maybe could have gotten more, but I feel like I have rounded a corner with resources now. I should be able to gear a bit towards act 2 Inferno now and then it is RMAH for any decent drops I get.

Definity

Think I'm going to take a break from the monk class and roll a demon hunter. What are most demon hunters running with while playing inferno and is the gear just as expensive like the monk gear is?

Seth C

Eventually, one day, I will actually find something worth using in this game. Most of what I find is worth less than 200 gold at a merchant. It's the same stuff I was finding back on Normal difficulty, with very few exceptions. I'm level 60 now, and my armor, pants, boots, gloves, shoulders, and weapons were all crafted. I've been using them since Act I of Hell and now at Act 3 they are starting to not cut it anymore. I can't craft anything better because to do so I'd need items from Inferno. Not sure I can make it to Inferno using 300dps daggers...

Vodh

Think I'm going to take a break from the monk class and roll a demon hunter. What are most demon hunters running with while playing inferno and is the gear just as expensive like the monk gear is?

I swear after 1.0.3 looking at the forums seems like most of them run with a box of tissues and a pair of red, teary eyes.

RDreamer

Goddamn this game can be so frustrating at times... I have only a couple hours till work, and I want to finish that heart of sin quest I started yesterday before I head in. So I resume my game, and open it to the public. No one joins. Fine, I'll just start the whole thing over again. It's better than trying to play by myself, which I find boring and silly.

So I join one. 4 people join up quickly, and we set off. First elite is something like fast, molten, shielding, invulnerable minions. We have to skip it, because it eats through my defenses like butter (no LOH on the minions, and they surround you as quick as hell with molten). Whatever, we'll find another group. We get into the tower and find one. Yay. Except there's another group literally right on top of that group. Fuck. So we skip to level 2. Next group of elites we find? Yep, literally right on top of another group of elites. Fuck. Everyone just quits the game and I'm back where I started an hour later, a high repair bill, and nothing accomplished before work. Goddammit...

Shouta

It's amazing how much loot (rares) drops now with MF on from Elites but how much of it is utter shit. Full storage page and almost nothing, i think.

moop1167

Anyone know how the heck I can figure out how to sell this? There doesn't seem to be a way to search for dmg converted to life.

63Kxh.jpg

Nice LOH, mediocre DPS, but it has max roll on dmg converted to life and a socket.

LordCanti

Anyone know how the heck I can figure out how to sell this?

Nice LOH, mediocre DPS, but it has max roll on dmg converted to life and a socket.

Throw at least a Perfect Square Amethyst in the socket and then list it for..I don't know...$20-$100?

It's amazing how much loot (rares) drops now with MF on from Elites but how much of it is utter shit. Full storage page and almost nothing, i think.

It's nice taking down an act boss and getting one lvl 55 rare, and ten shitty blues.

I am just using the gold auction house.

In that case, go to the AH, search "100 dex", "600 life" and "has socket". Keep filtering down by price until you see stuff that is equivalent to yours.

Won

I swear after 1.0.3 looking at the forums seems like most of them run with a box of tissues and a pair of red, teary eyes.

Tears of joys, man! Tried out some random builds without Smoke Screen/Vault/Gloom/Preparation today and it is actually workable now.

How bad of a roll is this?

RApZ2.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say the important thing is the DEX (I got the low roll) and the additional random property (I got some stupid cc reduction garbage), making this worthless, but OTOH i did get a high spirit regen roll, perfect all resist, and i'm not sure if crippling wave is good.

LordCanti

If I still had 1m left, I'd give it to you right now knowing that I could get $15 for it in the RMAH.

Too bad I'm all out of gold lol.

Life steal is mediocre because that 3% is 0.60%, and tanky classes deal shit for damage.
10k DPS that is 60 LoH compared to a socketed 900.

People don't mind it as a modifier anyway.

This sold for $15 after all (with an ammy in place of the ruby):

aznxe.jpg

It didn't have the Dex or the Vit. It did have Crit though, so maybe it's a wash. In any case, it saddens me that I don't have 1.5mil to buy that and make a quick $11-12 after fees lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Life steal is mediocre because that 3% is 0.60%, and tanky classes deal shit for damage.
10k DPS that is 60 LoH compared to a socketed 900.

I'm just trying to gear up my characters Blizz. Throw me a bone.

Cut of drops at level 57. Even if the game only dropped 60s, it'd still be perfectly capable of producing enough trash to infuriate everyone

foladar

Ok, I'm done. For real this time. If I make another post that seems like I'm playing (A question about x) ban me.

I just feel like a chump with 250 hours played,0$ made,broke in the gold department, and getting stank drops.

A game shouldn't make you feel inadequate...

So quit until they fix act 3 drops, that's what I'm doing. No reason to waste repair gold and time when it'll be adjusted, sooner or later. Hopefully sooner because later I'm not sure I'll be interested.

Darkman M

Speaking of farming i think right now Act 2 is perfect for it, i can manage to chain 2 elite groups at once depending on their setup. I tried Act 3 in a group while we could do it it was just way to slow. Im getting lv63 item drops in act two, just haven't had any amazing rolls yet.

Seth C

What a nice problem to have. I just beat a champion pack and was rewarded with a shitty 150dps bow and a magic quiver worth 139 gold. Oh boy, a treasure pygmy just dropped a rare for me...another rare bow. It's Christmas in June.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Ok, I'm done. For real this time. If I make another post that seems like I'm playing (A question about x) ban me.

I just feel like a chump with 250 hours played,0$ made,broke in the gold department, and getting stank drops.

A game shouldn't make you feel inadequate...

You're not alone.

I'm not rage quitting though, just putting it on the backburner.

It's possible to get to completion, I'm just not finding it fun anymore. The elite act1 farming is something that I did all day Saturday. I got 1 good lvl63 roll and it's a shoulder piece. 2-3 decent lvl 62 rolls. And a shit ton of 60 and below.

It's just too damn tedious. You grind through a bunch of elites, which done efficiently in act1 takes about 30 minutes. Then you have to right-click a ton of question marks, and nearly every time they're all shit. lvl 60 items don't sell in the AH because people aren't playing and the AH is saturated..

I've switched to civ5. I may return if I'm bored or if they increase the drop rate.

It would be really nice if there was an option to not even drop whites or even magical items. Just auto-delete them. Also get rid of the right-click to unwrap a bag of shit thing.

So yes it's possible to eventually get a bunch of level 63 items with good rolls, but it would take hundreds of hours. That's really the only way to go because I've looked at both the GAH and the RMAH, and the stuff I need is 100+M or $250 or not on the RMAH at all (lots of shit items being sold at $250 by crazy people).

GJS

Just finished off inferno act III, the only mobs I really had a problem with in the last part were elite and champion phasebeasts. Cydaea and Azmodan were fine, not particularly taxing.

Also just beat Iskatu and Rakanoth, then took out the first hell rift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom