• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinFinn

I was so excited to find a legendary quiver.

After identifying..

mWwok.png

/Flips table.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Whelp, there's no turning back. Just gave all my monk gear to a monk friend and dh gear to a dh friend.

Well, actually, they said they'd probably be rich and pimp me out down the road if they are still playing, but, hey, at least I don't have to spend the next few months being a chump?

Svafnir

Made some charts for maximum stats that an item can have, since I noticed incgamers and a few other websites had inaccurate values. (They were not taking into account the fact Rings/Amulets/Offhands can only be Ilevel63 and some other issues)

Although I can not guarantee mine is 100% accurate either, therefore if you notice anything wrong, please tell me! But it should be pretty good :)

http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/

Gonna update it with Legendary item stats once the new legendary patch comes out.

Was in Act III NM HC with a friend. One of the flying mobs was invisible (yes it had landed), not targetable and damaged us periodically. It would only become visible when shooting a fireball (but completely invulnerable and essentially teleporting). I used DH traps but they would not be triggered by the mob nor would a Sentry or Bat companion target the mob. We were forced to leave because it followed us through the entire Act. The idea that I could lose my character to something like this is extremely frustrating (but oh, how I love HC).

That's happened twice to me in the past few days. Seems to work again if you port out and back again.

Neki

Whelp, there's no turning back. Just gave all my monk gear to a monk friend and dh gear to a dh friend.

Well, actually, they said they'd probably be rich and pimp me out down the road if they are still playing, but, hey, at least I don't have to spend the next few months being a chump?

Gonna doubt they'll be rich in the future, but good on you!

ElyrionX

Well then, I will buy one of those sources. Stats on them? Any with a socket?

Take your pick, these are all level 60 and are listed on the Americas GAH:

95 - 307 damage
+52 str
+88 dex
+4% life
+15 max AP
2.0% chance to blind on hit

79 - 296 damage
Crit grants 10 AP

92 - 288 damage
+14 max AP

Junie12

Man the more I talk with this girl the more I feel like quitting, she just sounds so depressed talking about this game :(

She said that the game is centered too much around the AH that any other way of playing is just inadequate. Forgot about playing this game with skills because the hitboxes are fucked up and the enrage timers on bosses is just unfair.

She also says that this game puts too much emphasis on gear, and she hates that people with money can just buy the best gear and waltz through Inferno while we have to farm for measly upgrades, the game made her feel like trash. And having a dry spell really made farming hopeless for her. God reading these texts made me fell pretty bad for her, I didn't knew she was having such a bad time with the game :/

The Belial fight seal the deal for her because she knows she can beat him but the game won't let her because she can't beat him in 3 minutes. She just couldn't take any more of the game's BS and she refuses to buy from the AH because she says it will be an empty victory for her..

It's too bad it turned out like this, she really liked the game at first but now she outright hates it now. And I had a lot of fun playing with her too. It's a shame she's not gonna come back for PvP :(

I need more people to play with. Everyone I know is quitting :(

Junie12

Screenshot019.jpg

Dat act 3 inferno drop.

Wow I remember those pants, it was the first legendary drop for me in Inferno. Oh the disappointment I had when I identified it..

I think mines had even worse rolls than yours :lol

I sold it for 500k, couldn't believe that POS sold for that much.

zon

I just want to say melee wiz rules. Hard. It will be hilarious when I'm actually geared for that kind of build, as I'm right now only using mediocre items that has dropped for me.

Just had an auction go through for a fairly mediocre belt. I can't find a SS of the stats though, so unfortunately I won't know exactly what it was.

3rd time listing it up, this time it went for $10. Which is $7.65 in my pocket. Probably went a little cheap as I remember putting it up for something like $40, and then $25, based on comparable stats, but I wanted it sold.

So I'm now in double digit dollars made from this along with the other thing I sold (besides the solitary Blizzbuck I have from another random thing.)

Still not nearly as good as just working even a minimum wage job though when I only have ~$10 to show for 110+ hours of playtime.

Bagging just a few higher priced auctions would be huge. Clearing the $100 mark for how much I spent on the game (CE) and I'll be happy enough. Getting into the $1000+ range where I could afford a new PC just from playing would be pretty ace though.

I was so excited to find a legendary quiver.

After identifying..

mWwok.png

/Flips table.

Hmm isn't it actually quite good ?

Dex and VIT + 19% IAS in post IAS nerf world + dmg from entangling shot which some people use

If i were using that passive which gives +1 discipline for crits I'd consider it.

LukeSmith

Hmm isn't it actually quite good ?

Dex and VIT + 19% IAS in post IAS nerf world + dmg from entangling shot which some people use

If i were using that passive which gives +1 discipline for crits I'd consider it.

He should be able to get a couple/few million for it, the 19% is high. I ran a Dead Man's for awhile on my DH before I switched to a 8 crit/8 disc/80+ dex rare. 3-3.5M easily for that one, I'd assume.

Zertez

Man the more I talk with this girl the more I feel like quitting, she just sounds so depressed talking about this game :(

She said that the game is centered too much around the AH that any other way of playing is just inadequate. Forgot about playing this game with skills because the hitboxes are fucked up and the enrage timers on bosses is just unfair.

She also says that this game puts too much emphasis on gear, and she hates that people with money can just buy the best gear and waltz through Inferno while we have to farm for measly upgrades, the game made her feel like trash. And having a dry spell really made farming hopeless for her. God reading these texts made me fell pretty bad for her, I didn't knew she was having such a bad time with the game :/

The Belial fight seal the deal for her because she knows she can beat him but the game won't let her because she can't beat him in 3 minutes. She just couldn't take any more of the game's BS and she refuses to buy from the AH because she says it will be an empty victory for her..

It's too bad it turned out like this, she really liked the game at first but now she outright hates it now. And I had a lot of fun playing with her too. It's a shame she's not gonna come back for PvP :(

I need more people to play with. Everyone I know is quitting :(
I know the feeling, I spent 2 hours and about 120k in repairs trying to kill the new Belial in inferno. I could get him to about 20 percent before the enrage timer went off. Enrage timers in Diablo is a dumb move, even so they should have made it something more reasonable. 4 minutes makes much more sense and it still provides a decent gear check. In the end, I paid a guy 200k to come in and help me kill him. It was a barb decked out and he said he had around 68k dps unbuffed. We killed him in less than 90 seconds on phase 3. Im doing fine in Act3, so the 3 minute timer was definitely too harsh.

Now if Blizzard would just fix Witch Doctors zombie bears, and make some minor tweaks to the class I would be happy. It is an absolute joke for a company that prides itself on polish to have completely broken pathing on a major witch doctor spell. Bears dont work on stairs, get caught on grates or any change in height, no matter if it is one inch, they get stuck, and sometimes they just stop at your back for no reason at all. They were bad before, but if you moved, normally they would work. Now they are just plain broken with no fix in sight. Supposedly the fix is in 1.03a, but no word when that will release. Witch Doctors have a lot of potential, but the class feels like they went one direction and then decided to nerf all the skills without buffing or fixing the broken skills. Sorry to rant, but if you want to feel weak and underpowered play a WD.

Whats the verdict on this sword? Slap an amethyst in it and put in on rmah for how much?

lAySX.png

Checked stuff now. $250 easy. Less (but no less than $200) if you want it to move fast.

Worth at least 15-20 million on GAH (what your bid should start at.)

My evaluations were based primarily off putting a LOH gem in it, but it should hold the values I mentioned either way because of the socket.

zoukka

That is a nice knife, but 5 million maybe a tad high. For a bears build it is missing life after kill, crit and maybe improved attack speed. For splinters, the damage is a tad low and no crit and loh hurts some. The int/vit is very high, so some may jump on it anyways. Im not sure if it because WD are so rare or people dont have much experience with them, but people seem to price ceremonial knives on stats that are important to wizards and not wd.

Nah I quite like it. After the patch, pure dps just isn't the same to a WD anymore. We need some survival too. I know the crit damage would've been so nice, but weapons like that with high int always seem to go up to 20 mil or so at least.

Also bought a tal rashas crest with high int and 40 mfind with a star. Let the farming begin!

Jira

So has anyone figured out the math for things like attack speed versus crit chance versus crit damage and all that kind of stuff? It becomes really annoying having to figure out what rings I want to buy for my Monk. I did figure out IAS is better than crit chance by quite a bit. Are there any spreadsheets floating around for this sort of thing yet?

eek5

So has anyone figured out the math for things like attack speed versus crit chance versus crit damage and all that kind of stuff? It becomes really annoying having to figure out what rings I want to buy for my Monk. I did figure out IAS is better than crit chance by quite a bit. Are there any spreadsheets floating around for this sort of thing yet?

ASI is always good. 1% of ASI is as good now as 1% of ASI after you stack a lot of it. Crit%/critdmg is good the more you stack it so it all depends on what your current stats are.

Just get some 100 dex, 4% crit, 30 crit dmg, 9ASI rings and call it a day.

y2Hrk.png

Something like this with the dex and str swapped would be perfect for your monk!

Anustart

Checked stuff now. $250 easy. Less (but no less than $200) if you want it to move fast.

Worth at least 15-20 million on GAH (what your bid should start at.)

My evaluations were based primarily off putting a LOH gem in it, but it should hold the values I mentioned either way because of the socket.

I slapped a star amethyst in it as it's all I can afford or even craft, will post on the rmah once a slot opens up :/

zoukka

Even post nerf, attack speed is still the king for me because it affects the gameplay so much. For kiting builds it's a must.

MrDaravon

Hmm, actually got a couple of okay rings/amulets on my Act 1 run, go the two below (first one looks like maybe 1-2 mil?) and a ton of other middling stuff that I can probably actually clear a few hundred on each. Not too bad actually.

1Hchh.png
bAy1h.png

Anustart

Hmm, actually got a couple of okay rings/amulets on my Act 1 run, go the two below (first one looks like maybe 1-2 mil?) and a ton of other middling stuff that I can probably actually clear a few hundred on each. Not too bad actually.

1Hchh.png
bAy1h.png

I always get excited when I see a ring or amulet drop, but post patch I haven't gotten one above ilvl 57.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Well why didn't someone say this instead of trying to give me shit. I only got 500K. I had no idea how to price it :p

Don't put a buyout and start it at something you're comfortable with if you have no idea how to price something.

Putting a buyout on it is a great way to make sure you don't get even close to market value. People should stop being in a hurry. :) I don't put a buyout on any of my auctions. If I run out of stash space for sellables I load up the inventory of each alt.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I know the feeling, I spent 2 hours and about 120k in repairs trying to kill the new Belial in inferno. I could get him to about 20 percent before the enrage timer went off. Enrage timers in Diablo is a dumb move, even so they should have made it something more reasonable. 4 minutes makes much more sense and it still provides a decent gear check. In the end, I paid a guy 200k to come in and help me kill him. It was a barb decked out and he said he had around 68k dps unbuffed. We killed him in less than 90 seconds on phase 3. Im doing fine in Act3, so the 3 minute timer was definitely too harsh.

Now if Blizzard would just fix Witch Doctors zombie bears, and make some minor tweaks to the class I would be happy. It is an absolute joke for a company that prides itself on polish to have completely broken pathing on a major witch doctor spell. Bears dont work on stairs, get caught on grates or any change in height, no matter if it is one inch, they get stuck, and sometimes they just stop at your back for no reason at all. They were bad before, but if you moved, normally they would work. Now they are just plain broken with no fix in sight. Supposedly the fix is in 1.03a, but no word when that will release. Witch Doctors have a lot of potential, but the class feels like they went one direction and then decided to nerf all the skills without buffing or fixing the broken skills. Sorry to rant, but if you want to feel weak and underpowered play a WD.
Belial is fine. It is basically a check to see how much dps you can apply while under pressure to avoid (or absorb) stuff. Even a toon with low dps can do it...they just need to be continually dps'ing and not just trying to run away and survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom