• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? The dude chases me constantly. If I leave he won't stay in the earthquake anyway...

Ground stomp + the movement speed rune on earthquake. The enemies wont regen when you exit. The idea is that you'll damage everything, even killing some weaker stuff, and when you go back in you'll have less stuff to deal with

Btw which dude are you talking about? The mallet lord guy with purple name? Or just the trash crap? If its the huge boss thing, just kite it to the entrance and use leap + sprint to haul ass to the exit

Seth C

Ground stomp + the movement speed rune on earthquake. The enemies wont regen when you exit. The idea is that you'll damage everything, even killing some weaker stuff, and when you go back in you'll have less stuff to deal with

Btw which dude are you talking about? The mallet lord guy with purple name? Or just the trash crap? If its the huge boss thing, just kite it to the entrance and use leap + sprint to haul ass to the exit

I'm talking about the very first thing in Act 4. When Diablo sends infinite shadow demon things at you and the fast golden guy shows up and you can't leave the room until you kill it.

I'm talking about the very first thing in Act 4. When Diablo sends infinite shadow demon things at you and the fast golden guy shows up and you can't leave the room until you kill it.

Ohhh, iskatu. Use cleave. Hold down left button. Win. :)

Maybe furious charge / dreadnought in case you get low on health. And WotB / Earthquake cant hurt. Throw in revenge when its up.

You shouldnt have to even move though

I only found one semi-good item in about three days of farming.

83822f0b3b61561be953554a8725e6ca0a29aaed.PNG

Any idea of the gold value? I would know if it was LOH with attack speed or something like that. 258 vit, 140 all resist for an arcane stack monk? Wizards and WDs don't care about resists, right? Right now it's on my enchantress.

Unless someone offers or buys at a ridiculously high number i'd hold on to hit, the crit damage scaling currently is gonna be obliterated by blizzard.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Those aren't infinite, btw. You can kill them. Eventually he will summon another set and start dropping bombs.

I found this out by being the only person in my party left alive. Credit goes towards +25% Run Speed. I did so many laps around that room it felt like NASCAR. Killed two entire waves of the things before finishing off the boss.

Dahbomb

I only found one semi-good item in about three days of farming.

83822f0b3b61561be953554a8725e6ca0a29aaed.PNG

Any idea of the gold value? I would know if it was LOH with attack speed or something like that. 258 vit, 140 all resist for an arcane stack monk? Wizards and WDs don't care about resists, right? Right now it's on my enchantress.
The double 250 stats on there should be a hint...

250 million gold or bust.

Those are some amazing numbers but I'm not sure who exactly would use it
That's the exact reason why I posted it. I mean, I know those stats are high and all but...tank wizard? If that was dex I would switch from a poison monk to an arcane monk in a heart-beat.

Unless someone offers or buys at a ridiculously high number i'd hold on to hit, the crit damage scaling currently is gonna be obliterated by blizzard.
I'll just put it up for a stupid high, retarded buyout that nobody will pay, for now. It's not going anywhere.

Seth C

Ohhh, iskatu. Use cleave. Hold down left button. Win. :)

Maybe furious charge / dreadnought in case you get low on health. And WotB / Earthquake cant hurt. Throw in revenge when its up.

You shouldnt have to even move though

Well, I managed...but now I'm stuck at Rakanoth. I can get him down to half health every time, but then if I run from him to try to wait to heal he teleports and slams me to death, soo...

jersoc

Hate to be rude but this is such an annoying answer.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of adults who play games AND have lots of money. Probably more than the number of kids who are using their parents' credit cards

and with more money than time.
not sure why people talk down to them either. they paid off my game. so thanks for buying items!

Well, I managed...but now I'm stuck at Rakanoth, and if I run from him to try to wait to heal he teleports and slams me to death, soo...

Rakanoth is pretty hard. Try to put more abilities that heal you on your bar. Examples are revenge, furious charge w currect rune, inspiring presence (passive), overpower rune, ignore pain rune, etc.

Space out the cooldowns as much as you can

x3r0123

Hate to be rude but this is such an annoying answer.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of adults who play games AND have lots of money. Probably more than the number of kids who are using their parents' credit cards

regardless, blizzard loves the incoming money

if people feel happy to spent $250 or 250mil on an item then let them

Zzoram

Playing my Barb, twinking it hard using gold and gems from my Witch Doctor has been a blast.

Barb feels so powerful because every few levels I re-gear to the best cheap items at my level.

I could see how someone with a high paying job and not much time would rather pay a few bucks to experience the fun of being super powerful if they get stuck. Farming gear nets you less money value of items per hour than most full time jobs. It makes more sense to work 1 hour overtime and buy sick loot than to grind for a weekend and maybe get nothing for your class.

Seth C

Rakanoth is pretty hard. Try to put more abilities that heal you on your bar. Examples are revenge, furious charge w currect rune, inspiring presence (passive), overpower rune, ignore pain rune, etc.

Space out the cooldowns as much as you can

Yeah. Tried that strategy. That's been my basic setup all game actually. Anyway, with only 4000dps, 3500 armor, and 30k HP I'm not sure I can pull this one off. Especially with no resists over 50. I can only attempt it maybe 20 more times and then I'm broke.

eek5

Yeah. Tried that strategy. That's been my basic setup all game actually. Anyway, with only 4000dps, 3500 armor, and 30k HP I'm not sure I can pull this one off. Especially with no resists over 50.

You can get 70res 70vit armor pieces from AH for like 3-5k. Just fill in some slots with blues right now. It will help a lot.

Seth C

If i remember correctly he's philosophically opposed to using the AH

Basically, yes. If I have to buy equipment then I'm done playing. Finding loot is the one and only reason I care about Diablo, so if that is gone then I have no point to play anyway.

You can get 70res 70vit armor pieces from AH for like 3-5k. Just fill in some slots with blues right now. It will help a lot.

My chest armor adds 50 strength and +4% life, among other things. It has three gem slots, which I have filled with 2 perfect square amethysts and a perfect square ruby. Without that my dps drops to 3000 and my health down to 27k. It's a serious uphill battle when you're using two ~300dps daggers for weapons.

Seth C

Well, time to hit level 60 and start farming A3h then.

I've been level 60 since the beginning of Act 2. So I played through all of Act 2 and all of Act 3 with maxed out NV and nothing better dropped. I'm still using a lvl 20 ring and if not for crafting I'd be stuck with a 200dps weapon. I've had 100 hours of terrible luck.

Basically, yes. If I have to buy equipment then I'm done playing. Finding loot is the one and only reason I care about Diablo, so if that is gone then I have no point to play anyway.

One suggestion may be to farm act 3 or 4 as best you can and stash loot that could be useful for other classes, then level other classes. Then while youre levelling other classes, you might find stuff your barb can use. Even if you beat Rak and Diablo, theres going to be a point (soon) where you cant get any farther without serious farming. The best way to make this bearable without using AH is to get every class to 60

Chances are you've already run across a few amazing pieces but trashed them because they benefitted a different class

eek5

I've been level 60 since the beginning of Act 2. So I played through all of Act 2 and all of Act 3 with maxed out NV and nothing better dropped. I'm still using a lvl 20 ring and if not for crafting I'd be stuck with a 200dps weapon.

If you don't want to use the AH that's fine but you're going to have to farm gear. A3h drops iL61 and 62 items now so get to farming instead of trying to bruteforce your way through A4.

Seth C

If you don't want to use the AH that's fine but you're going to have to farm gear. A3h drops iL61 and 62 items now so get to farming instead of trying to bruteforce your way through A4.

It took me 8 hours of playing Act 3 to clear it today, so as you can imagine I killed many things. If that doesn't constitute farming I'm not sure what does. Again, it's been over 80 hours of game time since I found a ring to wear. I found it is Act 2, Normal.

I don't even need level 61 or 62 gear. I need mediocre level 58 gear. It just doesn't drop.

One suggestion may be to farm act 3 or 4 as best you can and stash loot that could be useful for other classes, then level other classes. Then while youre levelling other classes, you might find stuff your barb can use. Even if you beat Rak and Diablo, theres going to be a point (soon) where you cant get any farther without serious farming. The best way to make this bearable without using AH is to get every class to 60

Chances are you've already run across a few amazing pieces but trashed them because they benefitted a different class

I've been keeping an eye on that. I've found, to this point, 5 items the in game vendor considered to be worth 1000 gold or more. The max was 1200. It was unspectacular, for any class. Just packed with increased gold, increased gold pickup, etc. Anyway, it's a worthwhile suggestion but I don't enjoy the game enough to play through as any other class. I will end up farming with my barb, I'm sure, for a few days at least. It's worth noting that so far in this game farming has never helped me. Levelling has, because I've been able to craft better gear for myself. Each time I've become stuck I've grinded out a few levels to access better gear to craft. Unfortunately that strategy is now gone.

GJS

It took me 8 hours of playing Act 3 to clear it today, so as you can imagine I killed many things. If that doesn't constitute farming I'm not sure what does. Again, it's been over 80 hours of game time since I found a ring to wear. I found it is Act 2, Normal.

Clearing it multiple times, everyday. No where near farming yet.

Seth C

Clearing it multiple times, everyday. No where near farming yet.

Be honest with me, just for a moment. How many times, in your estimation, would I need to clear it to find a single one-handed weapon that was over 300dps? No other specific stats, simply any weapon with over 300dps. And while I didn't "clear" it multiple times in that I only beat the final boss once, I did replay large sections of it multiple times today.

I don't even need level 61 or 62 gear. I need mediocre level 58 gear. It just doesn't drop.

I've been keeping an eye on that. I've found, to this point, 5 items the in game vendor considered to be worth 1000 gold or more. The max was 1200. It was unspectacular, for any class. Just packed with increased gold, increased gold pickup, etc. Anyway, it's a worthwhile suggestion but I don't enjoy the game enough to play through as any other class.

I definitely understand that feeling, but its worth pointing out that vendor resale value is not a good indication of quality. If it has 2/3 of str, vit, and all resist, its good for you regardless of what the vendor says. Hell, even if it just has 1/3 it may be a huge upgrade if the quantity is sufficient

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I've been keeping an eye on that. I've found, to this point, 5 items the in game vendor considered to be worth 1000 gold or more. The max was 1200. It was unspectacular, for any class. Just packed with increased gold, increased gold pickup, etc. Anyway, it's a worthwhile suggestion but I don't enjoy the game enough to play through as any other class. I will end up farming with my barb, I'm sure, for a few days at least. It's worth noting that so far in this game farming has never helped me. Levelling has, because I've been able to craft better gear for myself. Unfortunately that strategy is now gone.

Quit like I did. This game isn't for people like us that don't want to use the AH. The RNG considers the AH. I doubt we'd find loot on other classes since it's all crap drops most of the time.

Seth C

I definitely understand that feeling, but its worth pointing out that vendor resale value is not a good indication of quality. If it has 2/3 of str, vit, and all resist, its good for you regardless of what the vendor says. Hell, even if it just has 1/3 it may be a huge upgrade if the quantity is sufficient

Of course. Literally all of my armor has both strength and vitality. All of it. I couldn't survive otherwise. My weapons certainly aren't providing the damage. Hah. So if anything ever dropped that was an improvement in those two categories I would notice.

It's also worth noting that farming Act 3 in and of itself will be a struggle for my character. My equipment is bad, remember? Very bad. I think clearing it today cost me 100k in gold. It's a money pit. For example, the first epic pack I hit slaughtered me. I'll have to die 4-5 times at least. And when I did kill them they dropped one magic helmet worth 300 gold. :)

Zzoram

Quit like I did. This game isn't for people like us that don't want to use the AH. The RNG considers the AH. I doubt we'd find loot on other classes since it's all crap drops most of the time.

Why are you so against using the gold AH? Think of it as an NPC vendor with a larger selection and only do buyouts so you get the item instantly.

While leveling my 2nd character I've been buying AH gear with gold from my first character. You can get great stuff for 5,000g or less at most levels. There are even decent lvl 60 items at 10,000g - 20,000g.

I find stuff that would sell on the AH constantly. Everybody is at different points of progression, it can still be crap but better than what you have

Cipherr

I find stuff that would sell on the AH constantly. Everybody is at different points of progression, it can still be crap but better than what you have

Im seeing the same. I have been doing Act 2 on my barb, I seem to consistently be getting items I can sell for hundreds of thousands frequently. I have been doing Act 1 every now and then since I can clear it fast in a public game, but Act 2 is really paying off.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why are you so against using the gold AH? Think of it as an NPC vendor with a larger selection and only do buyouts so you get the item instantly.

While leveling my 2nd character I've been buying AH gear with gold from my first character. You can get great stuff for 5,000g or less at most levels. There are even decent lvl 60 items at 10,000g - 20,000g.
I got to inferno buying 5k-20k items here and there.

But when you're in Act 3 inferno, you need gear that costs millions and gear that sales for millions to progress and I got nothing worth selling after 50 hours of goblin/champ farming. I couldn't even get people to buy a bunch of items worth around 50k-100k undercutting other items on the AH.

I'm unlucky or whatever, but the loot RNG is affected by the Auction Houses existence because you can't constantly get great items. Everyone would beat inferno too fast.

But I was on the other end of the extreme and got shit items constantly. I never once found an item for myself. It's just not fun for me.

I'd rather be on a server without an AH, buffed RNG, so I could progress at a decent pace and have fun killing monsters.

Anyways, I just respond to people who are in the same boat if there's a post when I look at the thread every so often.

If you are doing good and having fun, that's good.

Edit: I only see a few ways to progress. 1-Botting, 2-RMAH, 3-Buying/Reselling Gold AH, 4-Being very lucky with drops in a very crappy RNG system.
I don't like any of those.

aznpxdd

Im seeing the same. I have been doing Act 2 on my barb, I seem to consistently be getting items I can sell for hundreds of thousands frequently. I have been doing Act 1 every now and then since I can clear it fast in a public game, but Act 2 is really paying off.

Where are you farming in Act 2?

I'd like to point out that having multiple classes increases the likelihood that the loot you find is usable ")

I've got a 60 wd that's my main, a well geared 60 barb, a 56 monk, a 52 dh. Been finding tons of stuff from my WD that is not super OP 250$ worthy, but it's very nice gear for entering act 1 inferno with those other characters.

At least make one alt that can use that int or str gear if your main is a DH or Monk, or vice versa...

It really decreases loot frustration.

Zzoram

I got stuck in progression with my WD where I can't quite handle the end of A1 Inferno and that's why I started playing other characters.

Barb is super fun after playing WD for so long. Try making your 2nd character opposite in play style to your 1st for maximum variety.

I think I'm going to do:

WD -> Barb -> Wiz -> Monk -> DH

So I alternate between ranged glass cannon and melee to keep things fresh getting them all to 60. Then whichever class I end up getting the best gear for or whatever class I like the most will be my main for trying to beat Inferno.

GJS

A full act 2 elite/champ clear nets me like 200k gold from drops and vendor, another 100k+ from essences, and a couple of 100k+ AH items, occasionally one that goes for 1mil+. It adds up and has allowed me to progress steadily.

Where are you farming in Act 2?

I do act 2 also. Basically start to finish, 100% champ / boss clear. Takes about 2-3 hrs on my barb with 120% base MF. only time i ever died so far was 2 simultaneous champ packs. Waller arcane inv minions molten desecrator vortex etc in a narrow passage

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I understand your frustration, but no it isnt
Yes it is. Their RNG system has the AH in mind.

If the AH didn't exist they wouldn't design a system where you spent 200 hours and not find an upgrade for yourself.

As a monk you need every armor slot with X resist and all resist. That's literally impossible to do by yourself unless you use the AH.

jersoc

so i just though of another thing blizzard could do to extend the game. create a ladder for a set amount of time with some sort of limitations attached. sort of like a challenge mode. give prizes out of people who go the farthest.

a basic example not very fun challenge. a ladder that lasts 1 month where enemies only give a fraction of xp and no quests give xp. highest levels win!

i'm sure the minds of blizzard can come up with something more fun and challenging. i mean i could if i was making 100k to design a game.

Darkman M

I do act 2 also. Basically start to finish, 100% champ / boss clear. Takes about 2-3 hrs on my barb with 120% base MF. only time i ever died so far was 2 simultaneous champ packs. Waller arcane inv minions molten desecrator vortex etc in a narrow passage

Pretty much what im doing, just sold a ring for $50 5 mins after i punt it on the ah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom