• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

just ran act 2 and act 3 in 8 hours, NO items for my barb =( i fucking hate this game

I feel your pain, brother. I've gone through two complete difficulty levels and the only items I've found for my barbarian I've had to craft myself.

Oh, and I love that the game thinks I want shit popping up on my screen so that some enemy can taunt me while I'm in the middle of a battle. Look, I'm on Hell. I've heard all this "story" twice already. Just stop.

linsivvi

an infinite dungeon type thing that keeps getting harder and harder would be ace imo. take the bosses already in the game and give them new affixes after so many levels.

Infinite dungeon? That's in Torchlight.

I very much doubt Blizzard would implement it though.

moop1167

Can I still get a lot for this even though no dex? Not sure how to price. Just using gold AH.

cAkZI.jpg

foladar

Anyone know how the heck I can figure out how to sell this? There doesn't seem to be a way to search for dmg converted to life.

Nice LOH, mediocre DPS, but it has max roll on dmg converted to life and a socket.

I sold a similar weapon, although it was str/vit, with 800 LOH and an open socket for $60. Mine was ~660 dps though, and the str/vit was all that was on it.

edit: I should probably refresh more often.

eek5

Been trying to gear my barb more towards dps lately as seen on this stream - http://www.twitch.tv/zrave/b/322165623

Seems ridiculously fun, but it looks like arcane/molten packs might be a big problem

The hardest part is actually arcane paired with movement impairing affixes like jailer/freeze/waller. Arcane/horde is also really bad for obvious reasons. Arcane itself doesn't hurt but when you're unable to avoid getting hit by 20 of them, having drastically less EHP becomes an issue.

As long as nightmarish is bugged, having nightmarish arcane can be a death sentence as well. Usually you'd pop WotB but doing champ/act clears means you're likely to run into another pack when you still have like 70s CD left which is problematic when you face multiple CC affix rolls.

Trickster

Jesus, really? I feel like anything that's up for that much never sells.

Well, just put in vitality and +crit dmg (don't fill the min values) in the filtering options for 1 handed crossbows and then hit search. Only 2 crossbows on the EU ah with higher dps than yours using those search parameters

Radec

Wizard
40k dps
35k health
7200 armor (with energy shield)
1600 INT
1000 VIT

Die constantly in act 2. run into elites that block my path so I have to exit/resume game to proceed. Is it doable? Maybe. Not doing it though.

Your stats are better than mine and I'm in Mid Act 3.

19k dps (45k before I changed to shielding regen wiz)
33k HP
5000 Armor
2300 hp/sec regen

Sometimes it's not the items/stats that limits you, it's you.

Try this skill build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RlOPbQ!Wfd!bbYZbZ

Blizz+Hydra your enemies, then when they come close to you activate Mirror Images then teleport away. When you got hit, it will reset the cooldown of both. Rinse and repeat.

I've taken notes from the last couple of runs I've done.

I've faced 115 champion/rare packs
and 91 of them have had Reflect damage.

Random my ass.

I love killing Reflect mobs.

My 2k hp/sec says fuck you to them. :)

Can I still get a lot for this even though no dex? Not sure how to price. Just using gold AH.

cAkZI.jpg

Before the patch this would have been in the 1200s

Shame it doesn't have dex or discipline, but it looks like it'd be a crit monster with that attack speed. That's pretty much as fast as a weapon can be atm

Seth C

Got to Act 4 of Hell and now I'm done. Can't even begin to touch the first little fight once you go through the portal. That's the end for me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Got to Act 4 of Hell and now I'm done. Can't even begin to touch the first little fight once you go through the portal. That's the end for me.

Class?

Edit: Barb I think, nevermind, advice won't help.

sleepykyo

For people quitting (for the moment at least)...

PvP?

And while sure there almost certainly won't be new content in the form of new areas/acts until an expansion (possibly new pieces that fit into existing acts?), there will be mechanics changes/updates that should provide longevity.

It's not like WoW where there will be new new stuff every 4-6 months (current expansion drought aside.)

PvP is going to be amazing. And by amazing, I mean a glorious rollercoaster in which players being on the top of the world one patch and pulling out their hair the next, due to the team's love of dramatically changing things up instead of applying minor tweaks.

I only found one semi-good item in about three days of farming.

83822f0b3b61561be953554a8725e6ca0a29aaed.PNG

Any idea of the gold value? I would know if it was LOH with attack speed or something like that. 258 vit, 140 all resist for an arcane stack monk? Wizards and WDs don't care about resists, right? Right now it's on my enchantress.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Any idea of the gold value? I would know if it was LOH with attack speed or something like that. 258 vit, 140 all resist for an arcane stack monk? Wizards and WDs don't care about resists, right? Right now it's on my enchantress.

Everyone cares about resists. That amulet right there is worth a shitload.

Radec

That's a pretty good amulet man, Wiz/WD do care about resists, and they would love that. Try putting it at 2m starting and no buyout.

Cipherr

Kripp dropping wisdom on his stream about Diablo 3 nailing two aspects of the game. Satisfying game mechanics and satisfying gameplay (killing mobs), but falling short on end game content.

They care about resists. Thats going to get you a bit of a windfall that will probably make that 3 days of farming worth it. That would make such an awesome Enchantress neck >_<

Don't put a buyout and start it at something you're comfortable with if you have no idea how to price something.

Putting a buyout on it is a great way to make sure you don't get even close to market value. People should stop being in a hurry. :) I don't put a buyout on any of my auctions. If I run out of stash space for sellables I load up the inventory of each alt.

My problem with that is that I think a lot of people want something at the time they are searching, not up to 36 hours later.

Cipherr

I havent done any paypal cashing out either and I have had like 400$ through the RMAH. I just use it like in game currency. I fill my 10 gold auctions and anything left goes on RMAH. When it sells I use the balance to buy items for alts and stuff straight from the Blizzard Balance lol.

SUPARSTARX

$250

SUPARSTARX

Barb?

I beat that guy with some decent stats. Basically just made laps around the room, seismic slam w/extended effects. Revenge any mobs near me for life, Ignore Pain w/Iron Hide if I were to get trapped, Charge w/Dreadnought and continue kiting them down.

Thanks guys.

When I said semi-good I only meant semi-good for me (monk). I'm trying to, well, I was trying to find items that my character can use myself. Since I hit inferno a few days after the game came out I have found a pair of boots...annnnnnd, um. If that was only dex instead of int. And yes, Cipherr, it's a pretty great enchantress neck. Well, I didn't really see anything like it (nearly as good) on the AH which is why I was asking...I'll mull the price over.

I don't have a cell phone so the RMAH is out. I already earned enough blizz bucks for the expansion, and saved 15%, so I don't feel too bad about the money just sitting there....although I could really use the money.

eek5

My problem with that is that I think a lot of people want something at the time they are searching, not up to 36 hours later.

For mid upgrade items, yeah but for end game items (high rolled 61+), people are definitely willing to wait and bid. I bid a ton on items that I am unlikely to find upgrades for within 36hr which is pretty much every one of my slots right now.

If I was struggling to get into a1i and needed an avg piece like 60/60/60 vitstrres, of course I would not bid on an auction with 36h left. Your amulet should be fine for bidding though.

FWIW, if it is worth it, people will bid. I have seen some items with 120+ mil bids lol

Askani

So this will be an "off the wall" request for this thread. I'm looking for a wallpaper. I want the shot of the Act IV cut scene when Imperius is blasting fire at "Leah" and she's blocking it with her hand and her eyes are open wide. I have a CE so I have the BluRay disc for the cut scene, but I haven't bought a BluRay drive to do it yet. Anyone with a CE willing to do this for me or have you seen it around the net somewhere?

Also, WD seems nigh impossible with pets. I got stomped repeatedly on my way to NM Diablo in Act IV, and I don't think I have much of a chance fighting him and winning with pets. I would assume it gets even worse as time goes on. I'm think going to have to switch my skills and playstyle completely to move on.

I don't have a cell phone so the RMAH is out. I already earned enough blizz bucks for the expansion, and saved 15%, so I don't feel too bad about the money just sitting there....although I could really use the money.

You don't have any friends that play that can RMAH it for you?

aznpxdd

Skipped straight to Belial in Inferno thanks to my friend, and we just stood there and killed him under 2 mins. I know its been said countless times, but so BS that the elite mobs in Act 2 are more challenging than Belial.

I pretty much had the first 3 seconds of Mantra of Conviction up at all times during the fight, so both me and my Wiz friend had +48% damage the whole time. Guess that helped.

Seth C

Barb?

I beat that guy with some decent stats. Basically just made laps around the room, seismic slam w/extended effects. Revenge any mobs near me for life, Ignore Pain w/Iron Hide if I were to get trapped, Charge w/Dreadnought and continue kiting them down.

I'm guessing you had higher than 3000dps at the time?

Guess ill ask again but i suspect that twice failing to get an answer is itself a good indication of the answer.

Can 6 prop plans drop in act 1/2 inferno? I got a 5 prop plan from an r. Chest earlier in act 2, but thats it

linsivvi

Skipped straight to Belial in Inferno thanks to my friend, and we just stood there and killed him under 2 mins. I know its been said countless times, but so BS that the elite mobs in Act 2 are more challenging than Belial.

I pretty much had the first 3 seconds of Mantra of Conviction up at all times during the fight, so both me and my Wiz friend had +48% damage the whole time. Guess that helped.

And the theme continues in Act 3. Azmodan is a joke of a boss. Ghom is much harder.

So much for the lords of hell.

Calidor

Thanks guys.

When I said semi-good I only meant semi-good for me (monk). I'm trying to, well, I was trying to find items that my character can use myself. Since I hit inferno a few days after the game came out I have found a pair of boots...annnnnnd, um. If that was only dex instead of int. And yes, Cipherr, it's a pretty great enchantress neck. Well, I didn't really see anything like it (nearly as good) on the AH which is why I was asking...I'll mull the price over.

That's a pity because you could sell it for $250 easily. I don't know, but if you like I can sell it for you and paypal after is sold. Done it with a couple fellow gaffers already

Just finished Act 1 in Inferno and could use some advice on what to upgrade. I'm relatively broke at the moment (~300k gold,) but I was wondering if there were any obvious changes I could make that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Here's what my witchdoctor is wearing right now:

13.5k dps, 3.4k armor, 29k hp, 590 resists

And for you guys who swap MF gear, do you only swap a couple of pieces with relatively high magic find or do you have a whole set you take with you? Seems like a lot of inventory space to use up if it's a whole set. Is this something I should be doing myself or do I have more important things to improve first?

Woo-Fu

Banned

I'm not there to let them get it right now, I'm there to get the best price I can. Not sure why you would want to do them a favor at your own expense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom