• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Really? Color me surprised since I find it odd that only aoe attacks affect the left behind body. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit : Actually, is getting knocked out of spirit walk early intended? If AoE damage is done near the body, I'm booted out?

it isn't just AoE.

If your body takes >50% of your max HP in damage you get dropped out of Spirit Walk instantly. Your body is left behind when you walk.

it is in the tooltip, shouldn't be any confusion, lol.

Your link to the spirit realm will end if your physical body sustains 50% of your maximum Life in damage.

I think this surprises a lot of people because it pretty much never happens until they reach Inferno where things can do that much damage before spirit walk finishes.

LordCanti

lol I love the D3 forums. Constantly exposing Blizz's bullshit.

Quote from Bashiok from October 2010

And then the ridiculous repair costs happened.

The higher repair costs happened because there were no other effective gold sinks in the game. They suck, but for the health of the economy as a whole, they are completely necessary.

Having said that, there are better ways to get gold out of the economy.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Made some progress tonight. Got to Ghom.

Any recommended builds for solo wizard? Poison clouds seem to build up everywhere. I'm guessing you have to pre-plan a path in circles so that you don't die.

inky

Ugh, if they nerf Act I drop rates I'm gone. Now I know how all those dudes farming A3/4 feel, made my way through them today, from the bridge in A3 to Diablo, and found 5 rares total. 5 fucking rares, highest was a level 61. I know my MF was not great (100 with 5 stacks) but man, what a load of BS.

GJS

Its the only way it makes sense, but I have a feeling that they are going to nerf the early acts. If they can nerf IAS by as much a 60% on some items, then they can certainly be dumb enough to screw this up too.

It was the only thing they did right in the patch. They bungled Act 3 and 4 loot, nerfed IAS on existing items instead of capping the max amount you can have ruining the value of items, the repair cost change is hilariously deflating, wear and tear costs were terrible, uniques not dropping loot was a horrific idea, and the rubberbanding lag has been unbearable since the patch.

They don't want ilvl 63 items to be any more common then they are now, so at least those will be nerfed in act 1 and 2 if they increase the drop rate in act 3/4 again. They could possibly leave the ilvl 61 and 62 as they are.

Woo-Fu

Banned
They could nerf Act 1 loot and I quite honestly wouldn't be able to tell. What is half of 0 useful drops in a week? Oh yeah, still 0 useful drops.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ho99O.jpg

Man if only that int was vit. Still worth a ton, though :)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They could nerf Act 1 loot and I quite honestly wouldn't be able to tell. What is half of 0 useful drops in a week? Oh yeah, still 0 useful drops.
What about Act 2? Cause I had that experience there as well.

Do they really want the useful drops in Act 3/4 only where the only people who can get it are already wearing good gear? Makes no sense.

That's just the rich getting richer.

Do they really want the useful drops in Act 3/4 only where the only people who can get it are already wearing good gear? Makes no sense.

That's just the rich getting richer.

Just like repair costs....hurts the noobs and the long time farmers and bots just laugh and keep buying 10 million gold items. My poor buddies who I convinced to buy this game who play 2-3 times a week for an hour or two are absolutely wrecked with the new repairs.

Anustart

it isn't just AoE.

If your body takes >50% of your max HP in damage you get dropped out of Spirit Walk instantly. Your body is left behind when you walk.

it is in the tooltip, shouldn't be any confusion, lol.

I think this surprises a lot of people because it pretty much never happens until they reach Inferno where things can do that much damage before spirit walk finishes.

One last inquiry on the matter, is it intended that you can be killed while spirit walking? Doesn't really happen anymore with current gear, but a couple weeks back if the butcher charged my physical body while I was walking else where, I would die.

aznpxdd

That's just the rich getting richer

That's exactly how I feel right now. I can do Act 3 OKAY, but there's no way in hell I can farm the Act without going broke due to repair bills.

GJS

Where did they say anything about nerfing A1 loot... thought they were just returning A3/A4 loot back to previous levels.

Due to the quick turnaround, we were unable to make any adjustments to item drop rates for Hell and Inferno difficulty in 1.0.3a, but we do have some changes planned for 1.0.3b (which isn't far out)

Implies they would be shifting all the drop rates again.

Obviously a reduction in drop rates later on in favor or increased drop rates earlier on (and overall more high end items circulating in the economy) wasn't very popular. We agree it was a bad change, so we'll be correcting it, but it wasn't a quick enough change to get into 1.0.3a.
Bashioks post can go either way I guess.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just like repair costs....hurts the noobs and the long time farmers and bots just laugh and keep buying 10 million gold items. My poor buddies who I convinced to buy this game who play 2-3 times a week for an hour or two are absolutely wrecked with the new repairs.
Yeah, it makes no sense as a gold sink. People with 40 million or whatever don't give a shit. People with 1 million who are trying to buy something for say 5 are getting the shit end of the stick.

It's essentially overtaxing the poor.

theta11

Yeah, it makes no sense as a gold sink. People with 40 million or whatever don't give a shit. People with 1 million who are trying to buy something for say 5 are getting the shit end of the stick.

It's essentially overtaxing the poor.

Agreed, a better gold sink would be using gold to remove some of the RNG with blacksmithing or something along those lines.

DTKT

Here a fun new thing to sink gold into.

Combine unwanted blues and rares! Let's say you get 5 rares/blues you don't want. You "combine" them creating a new item that will reflect part of the stats of the original items.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Does crafting/gold not sell on the RMAH yet? I've got some blizz bucks and that seems like the most effective way of converting it into paypal.

Bog

Junior Ace
I've only played DH, so I'm clueless as to Barbs, but I stumbled upon a belt tonight that I figured I'd run past you guys. Is it anything special, or just trash?

xW2CL.jpg

Here a fun new thing to sink gold into.

Combine unwanted blues and rares! Let's say you get 5 rares/blues you don't want. You "combine" them creating a new item that will reflect part of the stats of the original items.

The expansion is gonna be a desperate attempt at transplanting diablo 2 back into 3.

D2 with D3's skill system and combat...i could live with that.

Got a 158dex 111 vit, 288arm 84LpS 8% crit amulet for 4.2m. Bargin. Amazed I didn't get outbid considering I bit about 2 hours before it ended.

stb

I've only played DH, so I'm clueless as to Barbs, but I stumbled upon a belt tonight that I figured I'd run past you guys. Is it anything special, or just trash?

xW2CL.jpg

I'd search for the Vit and Str and sell it for the going rate for those two stats. The lack of resist all hurts it.

Totakeke

Why exactly do we need more gold sinks in the game? The AH itself is plenty enough. Is gold inflating again lately which prompted these discussions?

LordCanti

That would just fill up the forum with people complaining that they can't afford to socket all of their gear.

I've got other ideas:

1 million gold to turn your item orange/write your own flavor text/rename your item.

1 million gold for the ability to use a second follower. Also, followers now require a salary.

etc.

Why exactly do we need more gold sinks in the game? The AH itself is plenty enough. Is gold inflating again lately which prompted these discussions?

Well...someone did get their weapon purchased for 250 million gold... :p

Zzoram

Bots ruining gold economy, no ladder reset system means no way to stop inflation without gold sinks. Gold sinks remove money from the economy permanently, GAH just moves the gold around.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I've got other ideas:

1 million gold to turn your item orange/write your own flavor text/rename your item.

1 million gold for the ability to use a second follower. Also, followers now require a salary.

etc.

Maybe gold for a second follower. Gold to use one in general is just another tax on the poor.

Needs to be things that are tempting, but not required to progress.

linsivvi

The higher repair costs happened because there were no other effective gold sinks in the game. They suck, but for the health of the economy as a whole, they are completely necessary.

Having said that, there are better ways to get gold out of the economy.

Make high level gems with +stats better. Way better.

I just spent 500K upgrading my slotted gems to perfect square and the improvement is minimal. Why would I even bother with further upgrades?

Totakeke

Well...someone did get their weapon purchased for 250 million gold... :p

But wasn't it you that mentioned that prices of stuffs are going down? :) 250 mil is obviously an exceptional case.

Bots ruining gold economy, no ladder reset system means no way to stop inflation without gold sinks. Gold sinks remove money from the economy permanently, GAH just moves the gold around.

So what's the latest bot farming spots? GAH takes 15% cut of everything, that's a LOT.

LordCanti

But wasn't it you that mentioned that prices of stuffs are going down? :) 250 mil is obviously an exceptional case.

The prices on stuff that doesn't conform to the one or two builds used per class are going down. The prices on everything else are skyrocketing due to how much illegitimate gold is out there.

Make high level gems with +stats better. Way better.

I just spent 500K upgrading my slotted gems to perfect square and the improvement is minimal. Why would I even bother with further upgrades?

That would be nice.

Totakeke

The prices on stuff that doesn't conform to the one or two builds used per class are going down. The prices on everything else are skyrocketing due to how much illegitimate gold is out there.

Wouldn't that be also explained by that there's seemingly just so few viable ways to play the game? More people are exposed to those very same builds and people flock to them without giving much thought themselves. Everyone wants the same stats and thus demand increases. Why sell for lower prices when they can sell for more? Most people are not knowledgeable enough to come out with their own builds.

DTKT

Wouldn't that be also explained by that there's seemingly just so few viable ways to play the game? More people are exposed to those very same builds and people flock to them without giving much thought themselves. Everyone wants the same stats and thus demand increases. Why sell for lower prices when they can sell for more? Most people are not knowledgeable enough to come out with their own builds.

Player builds are not the issue. The itemization is. Not enough variation so there is a very small "good" item pool.

Sooo. These stats are pretty damn nice, but for a wand---not so much. I can't find any item similar to know what this would sell for on gold auction house (or real if you guys think worth anything).

RareWand.png

LordCanti

Sooo. These stats are pretty damn nice, but for a wand---not so much. I can't find any item similar to know what this would sell for on gold auction house (or real if you guys think worth anything).

Low DPS kills it. 153 INT or not, they'd be better off with a cheap 600-700 one-hander with no other stats.

Edit: Beaten.

They can only sell for more because there is an enormous amount of illegitimate gold out there. It's not someone trying to copy the latest build that pays 250m gold for a weapon; It's the guy looking to sell that weapon for $1000+.

15% as a gold sink is nothing when 100% of that gold is ill gotten (for the sake of argument).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Did they or did they not nerf the drop rates of ACT3-4?

It was pretty obvious to me and anyone else who used to farm act 3/4 that 1.03 nerfed the drop rates by a lot, despite the cries from others who claimed that it was just the RNG plaing tricks on me even though they didn't have much experience themselves playing act 3 inferno at all.

aznpxdd

Just wondering. Is there anyone on here that's farming Act 3 efficiently as a Monk? Please let me see your build and gear...please.

Totakeke

Player builds are not the issue. The itemization is. Not enough variation so there is a very small "good" item pool.

Yes, several factors exist, but it's part of the problem. Anecdotal evidence, I have a monk friend that has been stuck at Inferno Act 2 who started playing at the same time as I did. Since end of Hell onwards, he has been stuck with the mentality that he needs more and more defense to progress and he's also been mostly useless in group play because he just doesn't do much. I tell him to up his dps but he's unwilling and he keeps complaining about how IAS (before nerf) and LoH is so expensive that he can't progress. I keep telling him that he should stop reading forums so much and focus on actually playing the game, but nope, he doesn't listen either because he trusts what he reads.

Now I clear Inferno Act 2 with my own monk without a single point of IAS and LoH. I even used some of the gear I bought for him to try out to change his build a bit which he didn't end up using. I played with him yesterday and he told me to kite one of the elite packs out but instead I just killed them all together.

Perhaps my friend is just dumb, but I do believe that quite a number of people out there just stick to cookie cutter builds because they don't have the resources or are willing to experiment otherwise.

They should just make repair cost a percentage of your total if you have above a certain amount of gold and put a minimum gold requirement to repair equipment based on ilvl.

Man, for once I'm actually relieved to get sniped at the last minute. Made a stupid bid when I was tired for 4 mil on something that was only a tiny upgrade. Was starting to get worried until that last minute snipe came in. Thanks sniping asshole, you just saved me 4 milllion!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
They should just make repair cost a percentage of your total if you have above a certain amount of gold and put a minimum gold requirement to repair equipment based on ilvl.

They should do repair costs the same way they do damage. Melee classes take less, ranged classes take more.

LordCanti

Man, for once I'm actually relieved to get sniped at the last minute. Made a stupid bid when I was tired for 4 mil on something that was only a tiny upgrade. Was starting to get worried until that last minute snipe came in. Thanks sniping asshole, you just saved me 4 milllion!

I am that asshole.

Maybe not this particular time, but in general.

Thinking of buying a 6 Prop crafting recipe (armor). Will it eventually pay off?

Are you going to set up a stream and craft items for a fee? If so, probably. Are you going to use your own materials/gold? If so, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom