• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Perhaps my friend is just dumb, but I do believe that quite a number of people out there just stick to cookie cutter builds because they don't have the resources or are willing to experiment otherwise.

Not really dumb, just obstinate and a victim to tunnel vision and herd mentality. If he can't experiment, think outside of the box, and use the resources available to him as efficiently as possible, then that's his problem.

Totakeke

They can only sell for more because there is an enormous amount of illegitimate gold out there. It's not someone trying to copy the latest build that pays 250m gold for a weapon; It's the guy looking to sell that weapon for $1000+.

15% as a gold sink is nothing when 100% of that gold is ill gotten (for the sake of argument).

No one has proof of the amount of illegitimate gold out there so it's just conjecture, but like I said, that case is exceptional. You're the one that commented on overall, the prices on the market for items used in popular builds are going up. :)

Bog

Junior Ace
So would you say these guys are "hey now!" or "ehhh"?

b4wko.jpg

The higher repair costs happened because there were no other effective gold sinks in the game. They suck, but for the health of the economy as a whole, they are completely necessary.

Having said that, there are better ways to get gold out of the economy.

Stash upgrades should have cost more. At least the last tab. Like, a lot more.

Why exactly do we need more gold sinks in the game? The AH itself is plenty enough. Is gold inflating again lately which prompted these discussions?

Maybe you don't understand, but the AH isn't a gold sink. Gold isn't being removed from the economy there, it's just trading hands from player to player. Yes, there is the 15% off the top of transactions, but that's paltry in comparison to the amount generated.

Actual gold sinks have gold from players going to NPCs in some way (be it repairs, crafting - you can spend money and get a worthless item, stash upgrades, etc.) where it's essentially deleted from the game.

So would you say these guys are "hey now!" or "ehhh"?

b4wko.jpg

Dex is kinda low, but an Arcane Resist stacking monk would be all over those. Near max roll on the All Resist. The armor and life regen are just cherries on top (and thorns isn't nearly as bad for melee as it is for ranged, though it's still pretty bad.)

Junie12

Man if they really nerf Crit chance and Damage then my Wiz is fucked. And all the gear I bought for her will all be in vain..

I'll probably leave the game all together if they do that. I'm just too far in the game to start out a new build and frankly, I'm too exhausted playing this game. My patience with the game is really short now and I don't think I can handle one more negative change..

I really hope PvP comes out soon, I haven't beat Diablo yet but I'm already starting to feel like there is nothing to do now but farm. Games boring now :/

LordCanti

No one has proof of the amount of illegitimate gold out there so it's just conjecture, but like I said, that case is exceptional. You're the one that commented on overall, the prices on the market for items used in popular builds are going up. :)

Thousands of bots making millions per day, multiplied by the amount of days...

I'd say the number is in the hundreds of billions range (and climbing, because there are no effective sinks)

Prices going up isn't a good thing when those items are being taken out of circulation and then sold to people on the RMAH (or outside of that infrastructure). It's good for the people selling, but it really sucks for anyone not willing or able to buy. Obviously some people win (like the guy here that sold the 250m spear) but most people lose and then complain about how they can't afford any of the gear they need to progress (which isn't entirely true, but don't get me started on that).

aznpxdd

I remember in OT3, someone saw an amulet sold for 750 million. 750 fucking million. Don't tell me there aren't enough illegitimate gold flowing out there.

I'm actually getting tired of farming act 1 and 2, maybe I should throw my gold at working on act 3 again.........

And good thing I'm going to Europe in a week where I won't be able to play for 3 weeks

Junie12

Looks like I'm on a mandatory break from the game. Ghom is bugged:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5884288473

I have 1000 resist all, 8k armor, 48k health. I die fast, even if I'm in archon mode. Whole place fills with gas, so you don't even have a place to teleport to.

Wow sounds like a nightmare, man I could have beaten Act 3 before the patch but nooo

I just had to take a vacation instead >_<

Now I have to deal with this Ghom BS *sigh*

Totakeke

I remember in OT3, someone saw an amulet sold for 750 million. 750 fucking million. Don't tell me there aren't enough illegitimate gold flowing out there.

It's a big number yes, but how well dispersed is that illegitimate money on the average population? Unless we believe that a lot players are spending their real money on buying gold, or are savvy enough to risk and operate botting on a large scale, I still don't believe that their effects are as great as many people claim.

Maybe you don't understand, but the AH isn't a gold sink. Gold isn't being removed from the economy there, it's just trading hands from player to player. Yes, there is the 15% off the top of transactions, but that's paltry in comparison to the amount generated.

It only takes 5 transactions to reduce 1 million to less than half (~0.44mil) it's original amount with 15% cut. I'm not sure what your measure of gold sink is, but to me that's very significant.

GJS

I have 1000 resist all, 8k armor, 48k health. I die fast, even if I'm in archon mode. Whole place fills with gas, so you don't even have a place to teleport to.

It's not actually bugged, ghom just spawns two clouds of gas at once now and they take ages to disappear, but how much of the arena is covered is minimised by moving around less.

His enrage mode is even worse as it fills every spot instantly.

2 of us beat him thanks to eek on his barb on the day of the patch, it's just a matter of being able to stand still and deal enough damage.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Wow sounds like a nightmare, man I could have beaten Act 3 before the patch but nooo

I just had to take a vaction instead >_<

Now I have to deal with this Ghom BS *sigh*

I love how the thread is closed with the blizz employee basically going "nah aw, we do test before we release".

That's bullshit. If they do, they suck at it. If you can create elite AI, they should be able to deploy it with characters and run thousands of runs on bosses and create statistics. They clear did not do this because I think the only way you can beat ghom is if you have super high dps. Like 80+k. I'm able to get him to 60% hp solo with archon and 32k dps. My dps is low for the resist all/armor, so not sure how to proceed.

When you move force stand still to space what is rhe best bind for close all open windows?

It won't let me use shift.

In fact I get trolled with sticky keys pressing it multiple times to bind.

Cipherr

Its rough getting my EHP up at this stage, every upgrade is expensive and Im trying to make it to 1m EHP to start Act 3. Getting painful though.

2eMWa.jpg

That's with my enchantress, Warcry+Impunity and all 3 defensive passives. I'm at about 800k EHP without dodge (Without using threatening shout). I use my lowest resist to calculate my EHP in the calculator since my Physical resist is a bit higher than my all resist is atm. My EHP is 972k with dodge, but I dont think I should go by that. I dont like dodge very much, its not reliable.

Does anyone know why dodge is factored in EHP but not block? I'm still going to get a justice lantern and eventually a well itemized ivory tower. That's another 11% block chance, and another 1k+ damage blocked per block. Its tough to balance stuff like EHP, with a respectable amount of LOH, along with respectable Block mitigation. Not to mention DPS. I am severely struggling with dps while trying to maintain good EHP,LOH and Block%. And now Im broke, sucks so bad, but at least its fun feeling a reasonable gear progression scale.

eek5

These worth anything for the sockets and vitality and high armour?

ve8v1.jpg

500-800k probably

Half the room in that screen shot isn't even covered in gas.

Its rough getting my EHP up at this stage, every upgrade is expensive and Im trying to make it to 1m EHP to start Act 3. Getting painful though.

2eMWa.jpg

That's with my enchantress, Warcry+Impunity and all 3 defensive passives. I'm at about 800k EHP without dodge (Without using threatening shout). I use my lowest resist to calculate my EHP in the calculator since my Physical resist is a bit higher than my all resist is atm. My EHP is 972k with dodge, but I dont think I should go by that. I dont like dodge very much, its not reliable.

Does anyone know why dodge is factored in EHP but not block? I'm still going to get a justice lantern and eventually a well itemized ivory tower. That's another 11% block chance, and another 1k+ damage blocked per block. Its tough to balance stuff like EHP, with a respectable amount of LOH, along with respectable Block mitigation. Not to mention DPS. I am severely struggling with dps while trying to maintain good EHP,LOH and Block%. And now Im broke, sucks so bad, but at least its fun feeling a reasonable gear progression scale.

The biggest reason is because EHP is calculated just using a simple life/DR equation. Dodge is easy to calculate because you just fudge it and say it's 10% higher if you dodge 10% of the time. Block is a little more complicated because the amount of DR you get depends on your block amount AND the incoming damage. Instead of having a percentage reduction like most defenses, it's a flat reduction on successful block so if the damage coming in is 3k, for example, and your block range is 3-4k, a block would mitigate that damage 100% but if the incoming damage was 20k after DR then you're taking 16.5k damage. It's just too complicated to figure out EHP without knowing how much damage is coming in. Block will definitely raise your survivability and it is something to consider but you should be aiming for 1 mil without factoring it in.

Thoraxes

I'm actually getting tired of farming act 1 and 2, maybe I should throw my gold at working on act 3 again.........

And good thing I'm going to Europe in a week where I won't be able to play for 3 weeks

Me and two other GAFers did it post patch. The barb tanked the boss, monk was on adds, and I was DPS on the boss, and we did pretty good.

Doing a run right now and I found some blue gloves with 84 strength and 20% MF

Is that worth money or should I scrap it?

Probably sell it for at least some small gold on AH (nothing over 50k for SURE I'd think though but not an expert). I might take them off you I wouldn't mind if they're cheap enough. Anyone know max on gloves?

I'm reading through all of these posts where Gaffers say "If Blizz did X, then I'll leave this game." The underlying current of dissatisfaction is great with Diablo 3.

Well, I left this game as of yesterday. Simply put, it's just not fun. I farmed for 5 hours yesterday and all I got was a bit of gold. Which I can't use to buy anything, since the prices on the AH are so over-inflated.

Patch 1.03 wasn't the holy grail I thought it'd be. My Witch Doctor remains the red-headed stepchild of the bunch. All of my friends have stopped playing or rarely come on now.

Running into some of the Elites/Champions with those impossible prefixes only causes frustration. I want to relax and enjoy my hobby, not be utterly infuriated by it. Hell, if I could say I lacked skill, and hence was dying, I'd graciously accept that. However, that is not what is happening with this game.

This game just feels like Blizz has no idea what they want to do with it. Or they're stuck in a design philosophy from 12 years ago. Either way, I ain't having it any more. I'll still pay attention to the blue posts and any future patches and possibly come back, but since I've quite Diablo 3 I've beaten one game on Hard (Warhammer 40k: Space Marine) and am happily progressing in another game on its hardest difficulty setting (The Darkness 2). And you know what? I'm having fun.

Bought a set a month ago for pottery purposes.

Yea, but now its worthless isn't it? I would think after the patch it would be gone. All the GF gear i see on the AH sells for pennies. And if it's for botting, then it's not like you need GF gear with actual stats.

Thoraxes

Yea, but now its worthless isn't it? I would think after the patch it would be gone. All the GF gear i see on the AH sells for pennies. And if it's for botting, then it's not like you need GF gear with actual stats.
It's my Sarkoth farming set. On good drops, I get up to 10k per run.

Though, we'll see if he's still such a bro after tomorrow's patch, cause the notes mention:

Fixed several gold and leveling exploits.

Radec

I think Sarkoth is still viable. A friend of mine is still botting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom