• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Anyone know which amulet is better as far as DPS. Is crit damage in your DPS calculation on the inventory screen?

I currently use this amulet

uFYvT.jpg

And got this one and don't know what it's worth or if I should use it instead. It would get my monk to 25% chance. If it's not better I have no idea what it's worth.

1ZNtG.jpg

Radec

So I just hit a wall on my Wiz in Act 3 (the one where Soul Reapers lurk).

Even with 70% damage reduction, I keep getting owned by those elite reapers. :/

foladar

Another blue post, basically a summary of what they posted:

To reiterate the major points:

Based on your feedback, we elected to make some adjustments to item drop rates for later Hell and Inferno difficulties.
Those adjustments did not make 1.0.3a, but they are scheduled for 1.0.3b.
We are hoping to patch 1.0.3b later this week.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911504045?page=4#68

And another blue post on the issue (man, they're all over the place):

The drop rates in 1.0.3 are exactly as they're listed in the 1.0.3 design preview blog, so there were no issues as far as validity/accuracy of the changes. Obviously a reduction in drop rates later on in favor or increased drop rates earlier on (and overall more high end items circulating in the economy) wasn't very popular. We agree it was a bad change, so we'll be correcting it, but it wasn't a quick enough change to get into 1.0.3a.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911883821?page=2#33

Not sure what their solution is going to be if they're stating it's exact %'s as it is already, but it sounds like they definitely did drop act 3 rates to bump up acts 1 & 2. Either they're going to revert, or drop acts 1 & 2 in favor of 3? Weird.

Zzoram

For some reason I make all my money on ridiculous bow drops. Just got this one.

gxeE3.jpg

Put it up for a buyout of 30m. Other bows with similar dps and socket go for 20m, but with life steal, I figured this one was worth quite a bit more.

Demon Hunter is the most popular class so there is the most demand for their gear. Witch Doctor is the least popular class so there is the least demand for their gear. Prices adjust accordingly.

What is supposed to be "appropriate loot"? I'm thinking it means the usual cannot be affected by MF 2 magic items crap. I never farmed unique monsters in act 3 anyway.

I think they're supposed to drop the equivalent of an elite pack's loot. They haven't since 1.0.3.

Hopefully they should be a guaranteed rare now at 5 stacks.

They still don't award stacks, however, which is kind of odd considering that they're as difficult as an elite pack typically.

I think they're supposed to drop the equivalent of an elite pack's loot. They haven't since 1.0.3.

Hopefully they should be a guaranteed rare now at 5 stacks.

They still don't award stacks, however, which is kind of odd considering that they're as difficult as an elite pack typically.

Uniques are a joke, I don't even have to kite them

Zzoram

Wow, that was impressive. I watched one Athene video before and was really turned off by the dude, but the ideas he and Kripp forth are interesting and their analysis of the game spot-on.

Thanks for the links.

They've probably spent more time playing Diablo 3 than any game designers at Blizzard so they should know.

Totakeke

They've probably spent more time playing Diablo 3 than any game designers at Blizzard so they should know.

I dunno, I see Kripp's ideas as in how to make D3 more like D2, and Athene's ideas are how to make the game benefit people like him who can farm the game days on end and come out on top compared to those "kids" who has money to burn.

Not that more end game is not welcome by any means, but I thought most people here are still going through inferno.

balddemon

Banned
so if uniques now drop good loot, is it worth it to do that event in the cemetary in act 1 where you fight like 4 defiled members of a family and then get a resp chesT?

Anustart

Reposting for new page, anyone know if this amulet is good enough for rmah? Looks good to me, but I don't play a barb so couldn't say for sure.

h3dR1.png

Zzoram

Reposting for new page, anyone know if this amulet is good enough for rmah? Looks good to me, but I don't play a barb so couldn't say for sure.

h3dR1.png

It's not bad but not top tier either. You could probably make a few dollars though I'd guess.

stb

I know the Legendary crossbow is crap, but is it worth anything?

How about the other two bows?

Recently the Warden's Feint with similar DPS and a few similar stats was going for:
- GAH: 5.5m starting, 6m buyout (differences: lower DPS - 840, 250dex, 74 int, +9 max discipline)
- RMAH: $65 starting, $75 buyout (differences: lower DPS - 836, 282 dex, 105 str instead of the lowish INT mine has, 5% bonus dam against elites)

Since then, I've stumbled across the 3rd crossbow (Ranger's Mark) and the ammy.

Any kind souls willing to ballpark gold/$ amounts for each? I've had terrible luck on the AH.

Thanks in advance!

7rEGl.jpg

Cipherr

That comes with 1.03b at a later date. Uniques are the guys with purple names. They used to drop better stuff, not just gold and whites.

I could have sworn they said they nerfed this on purpose. In any case, that change was dumb. Some of the uniques, like the ones leading to Zoltun Kulle while collecting his body parts can be tough in groups, its actually 2 elites that spawn in one portion there and they are runners and deal pretty big damage. To kill those guys and get nothing is ridiculous.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911883821?page=2#33

Not sure what their solution is going to be if they're stating it's exact %'s as it is already, but it sounds like they definitely did drop act 3 rates to bump up acts 1 & 2. Either they're going to revert, or drop acts 1 & 2 in favor of 3? Weird.

This sounds like I had better quickly get my Barb Act 3 ready in case they decide to nerf Act 1 and 2 loot in exchange for boosting Act 3 loot.

Those blue posts seem pretty clear that act 1 is getting nerfed, which is certainly not what people wanted. If this is true, I am going to be even more disappointed in blizz's understanding of what is needed in this game.

That feel when you get a legendary and you look at it and it's lvl 59 you cry!

that feel when you get an amulet with 450 life on hit 30% magic find and a bunch of shitty stats for barb but you are replacing a lvl 50 amulet!

He worded it terribly, nobody can figure out what the hell he means by reverting the change. If they are indeed buffing act 3 and 4 and nerfing act 1 and 2 again, then they are dumber then a fucking box of rocks.

Simple fix.

Keep act 1 and 2 the way they are now and buff act 3 and 4 to what they were. That way it is exactly what it was stated it would be in 1.0.3. Kill a bunch of shit in act 1 and 2 with a low chance of ilvl 63 items dropping or do act 3 and 4 which is way harder but have a much higher chance of ilvl 63 items dropping.

IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD BLIZZARD!

dwebo

Would a monk want this? It's not amazing but closest I can find on AH is 700k:

shield.jpg

16% block is bad, considering those shields can go up to 29%

you could fool someone into buying it just based on the stats alone, since a lot of people don't look at the block chance apparently, but it's akin to buying a weapon and not looking at the dps

He worded it terribly, nobody can figure out what the hell he means by reverting the change. If they are indeed buffing act 3 and 4 and nerfing act 1 and 2 again, then they are dumber then a fucking box of rocks.

Simple fix.

Keep act 1 and 2 the way they are now and buff act 3 and 4 to what they were. That way it is exactly what it was stated it would be in 1.0.3. Kill a bunch of shit in act 1 and 2 with a low chance of ilvl 63 items dropping or do act 3 and 4 which is way harder but have a much higher chance of ilvl 63 items dropping.

exactly. I don't know how they can be so terrible at simple communication about what the hell they are doing.

LordCanti

Those blue posts seem pretty clear that act 1 is getting nerfed, which is certainly not what people wanted. If this is true, I am going to be even more disappointed in blizz's understanding of what is needed in this game.

There not being an end-game is the real issue. They can tweak drop rates all they want, but casuals are getting stonewalled by nightmare/hell (and never bothering to use the RMAH) and hardcore players are done with Inferno and bored (with no reason to use the RMAH).

Making it so that people can't get iLvl 63 loot in A1 (or that it's so incredibly rare that it almost never happens) is just going to frustrate people every time they see their enormous repair bill and wonder why they've been bothering.

Dahbomb

Nerfing Act 1 loot? Act 1 loot probably feels just right while other Acts feel like they lack loot drops. You get a lot of crap as expected but you do occasionally get some nice pieces that you can sell or upgrade your gear with if you are working your way up to Act 2. Blizzard just doesn't seem to get it apparently.

Oh and today I got my first Set item. Some shitty Wand Set item. Got those Swamp Legendaries as well... yyyyyeeeeaaaa

so if uniques now drop good loot, is it worth it to do that event in the cemetary in act 1 where you fight like 4 defiled members of a family and then get a resp chesT?
You should be doing that Crypt anyway as it has a few Elite/Champion packs in it when you are doing the Act 1 Elite hunt for loot. I do that event when it is available but it hasn't dropped that great loot yet.

Uniques overall have been dropping worse loot than before for me. Your goal is basically hunting as many Elites/Champion packs as you can in an Act in a stretch for max profit.

Radec

Simple fix.

For Blizzard it's hard.

It's like their number 1 priority before making game changes is the RMAH.

Getting 15%+ on every RMAH transaction from frustrated players = $$$$.

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf Crit % and Crit Damage % next.

tch

This is the first somewhat decent drop I've found through all of my 150 hours of playing.

Anyone could give me an estimate on its RMAH value? Or if not, then AH value?

The Dispute (helm)
738 Armor
78 Strength
81 Vitality
49 Physical Resistance
44 Resistance to all Elements
4% Life
+352 Armor

Thanks

For Blizzard it's hard.

It's like their number 1 priority before making game changes is the RMAH.

Getting 15%+ on every RMAH transaction from frustrated players = $$$$.

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf Crit % and Crit Damage % next.

They nerf crit chance and dmg after the way they handled the ias nerf, people will quit in droves.

Totakeke

This is the first somewhat decent drop I've found through all of my 150 hours of playing.

Anyone could give me an estimate on its RMAH value? Or if not, then AH value?

The Dispute (helm)
738 Armor
78 Strength
81 Vitality
49 Physical Resistance
44 Resistance to all Elements
4% Life
+352 Armor

Thanks

Overprice it compared to what you can find on AH and hope that someone who knows it's true value will buy it. But otherwise I don't think it's that amazing personally.

Cipherr

Simple fix.

Its the only way it makes sense, but I have a feeling that they are going to nerf the early acts. If they can nerf IAS by as much a 60% on some items, then they can certainly be dumb enough to screw this up too.

lol if you can't farm act 1 and 2 for gear anymore.

It was the only thing they did right in the patch. They bungled Act 3 and 4 loot, nerfed IAS on existing items instead of capping the max amount you can have ruining the value of items, the repair cost change is hilariously deflating, wear and tear costs were terrible, uniques not dropping loot was a horrific idea, and the rubberbanding lag has been unbearable since the patch.

sleepykyo

There not being an end-game is the real issue. They can tweak drop rates all they want, but casuals are getting stonewalled by nightmare/hell (and never bothering to use the RMAH) and hardcore players are done with Inferno and bored (with no reason to use the RMAH).

Making it so that people can't get iLvl 63 loot in A1 (or that it's so incredibly rare that it almost never happens) is just going to frustrate people every time they see their enormous repair bill and wonder why they've been bothering.

They should just get pvp out now. If they launch it now, the pvp wouldn't be horrible by the shopping season. Maybe.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Annoying to melee, but it's pretty awesome for ranged. It's the same as various other structures in the game that block mortar.

Nope, it is annoying to ranged as well, as I try to stay in the safe zone where they can neither mortar me nor hit me with melee. It is much more effective than edge of screen, particularly if you have any short/midrange spells to go along with your ranged attack.

Oh, and as far as the drop rates go for act 1 and act 2 I see no reason whatsoever to nerf them. I made more in 1 day of farming act 3 pre-1.0.3 then I have in a week of farming act 1 and 2. Sure, the elites drop a lot of rares/magics but maybe one in a thousand(it feels worse than that but is probably better) is actually "good". I get ilvl 63 items with 200 DPS and +53 life regen, or quivers with 150 strength, or shields with wizard skill buffs, or wizard-only helms with 250 str, or ceremoni---oh wait, i play witch doctor, I've seen one rare ceremonial dagger drop in ~400 hours of witch doctor play, nevermind-al daggers with 200 dex.

Zzoram

Oh shit Kripp just discovered a bug where SoJ glitches when you swap from a high dps weapon to a low dps weapon, you gain 5k free damage.

Anustart

So I read these patch notes, glad about my bears being fixed after a week, but when is spirit walk going to be fixed? Any AoE attack on my previous location drops me out of spirit walk, and the Butcher can even kill me by charging me when I'm spirit walking.

Totakeke

Nope, it is annoying to ranged as well, as I try to stay in the safe zone where they can neither mortar me nor hit me with melee. It is much more effective than edge of screen, particularly if you have any short/midrange spells to go along with your ranged attack.

Ranged with short and midrange spells?! Surely you jest.

I jest, but still sounds like suicide to me

Zzoram

Seems like when you equip SoJ when using a weapon, the SoJ gives you a +5% dmg on that weapon, but if you change weapons, the +5% dmg bonus remains based on the higher damage weapon from before you switched to a lower dps weapon.

It's kinda useless in practice, since you'd never end up making the worse weapon better than your better weapon.

Cipherr

So I read these patch notes, glad about my bears being fixed after a week, but when is spirit walk going to be fixed? Any AoE attack on my previous location drops me out of spirit walk, and the Butcher can even kill me by charging me when I'm spirit walking.

Isnt that how its supposed to work if the ghost clone you leave behind taked 50% of your HP in damage?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Ranged with short and midrange spells?! Surely you jest.

I jest, but still sounds like suicide to me

Many witch doctor spells are short to medium range. Sure, you can try to stay at edge of screen and just use darts but you've got a full mana pool sitting there that could be significantly boosting your DPS.

Isnt that how its supposed to work if the ghost clone you leave behind taked 50% of your HP in damage?

Yes, working as intended.

Hopefully the fixed ALL of the witch doctor spells, not just bears. After 1.03 I've had collision issues with many of them. I was getting stuck on my own Spirit Barrage-Phantasm when I was trying a build with it a couple days back.

DTKT

What the shit. Blizzard is terrible at communicating.

Did they or did they not nerf the drop rates of ACT3-4? And if they did, will they leave ACT1 and 2 as they are?

Anustart

Many witch doctor spells are short to medium range. Sure, you can try to stay at edge of screen and just use darts but you've got a full mana pool sitting there that could be significantly boosting your DPS.

Yes, working as intended.

Really? Color me surprised since I find it odd that only aoe attacks affect the left behind body. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit : Actually, is getting knocked out of spirit walk early intended? If AoE damage is done near the body, I'm booted out?

Second : Oh okay, if my left behind body takes 50% max hp damage, spirit walk ends?

lol I love the D3 forums. Constantly exposing Blizz's bullshit.

Quote from Bashiok from October 2010

Taking gold away from people, or taking a full level of experience away, yeah, that’s a wake up call. It’s also the quickest way to get someone to uninstall the game. A very select few people will put up with something like that. It’s fine in Diablo II because gold has almost no use, but imagine if it did. You’d be encouraged through the mechanic to grind in easier areas where you’re sure you couldn’t die just so you could earn gold safely. That sounds terrible. Without a gold penalty you can play the content you want to play and meanwhile you’re finding items and amounts of gold that are relevant. That sounds like fun.

And then the ridiculous repair costs happened.

theta11

Really? Color me surprised since I find it odd that only aoe attacks affect the left behind body. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit : Actually, is getting knocked out of spirit walk early intended? If AoE damage is done near the body, I'm booted out?

It's just that AoE attacks apply damage more quickly, than melee and range attacks especially given the short duration of spirit walk that almost the only way to get you out of before it ends naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom