• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've set up my PayPal through the battle.net website and added it as a payment method, enabled SMS protect, etc. When I try to choose PayPal as a method to sell an item on the RMAH, it says I don't have a PayPal account set up and opens my browser to the battle.net account management, where it says I already have a paypal set up. What step am I missing?

How long ago did you do it? It did that to me at first as well, but resolved itself shortly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, found a few nice pieces of gear that should be quiet a bit of gold, but there isn't to much like them in the RMAH, so I put them up for $10 open bids, $200 buyout. The only issue is that their big stat is gold find, so I'm not too sure what kind of market there is for that in the RMAH.

Also, always nice to see items sell while listing others. Sold two high nice blues for 200k and 250k. A shield with just 20% extra gold find [200k] (Well, also a Witch Doctor Skill, but I don't think that really factored in), and a ring that was 180 Armor, 16% gold find [250k]

linsivvi

So I decided to give Act 3 farming another go. 36 elites, 1 boss and 20 deaths (5 stupid deaths to white mobs). It isn't too bad. I feel like if I can find a couple upgrades I can do this regularly.

Now hopefully they'll really buff the drop rate of Act 3 tomorrow.

How long ago did you do it? It did that to me at first as well, but resolved itself shortly.

I linked my PayPal maybe a week or so ago, like the day the RMAH went live, but never tried to use it until just now. Authenticator and SMS Protect were already enabled apparently long before that though.

So I decided to give Act 3 farming another go. 36 elites, 1 boss and 20 deaths (5 stupid deaths to white mobs). It isn't too bad. I feel like if I can find a couple upgrades I can do this regularly.

Now hopefully they'll really buff the drop rate of Act 3 tomorrow.

Won't be in tomorrow's patch, a blue said they aim to have the patch with the new drop rates this week though.

aznpxdd

Are the servers going down again today/tonight?

These maintenance time is terrible for people in different timezones who have to play on US servers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Will be down for "2" hours, starting at 5AM PST (A bit under 4 hours from now). At least they are putting out patches with these downtimes, even if they are a bit minor. This one will fix a Witch Doctor bug, and reduce normal wear on items by 50%. Also, they are fiddling with the loot Unique Monster drop (The purple named ones that have fancy titles)

Svafnir

Having a link to my website on the OT.... makes me feel pretty good. I mean what's bigger than being on Neogaf? Nothing.

Anyway! Why is PvP not out yet? I want it.... bad

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Because the game wasn't done when they released it.

I honestly wonder if the game was supposed to have real random dungeons also, and Blizzard just made prebaked layouts due to the randomizer not being finished yet.

Sitting here twiddling my thumbs for 30 more minutes so I can snipe an auction last minute that will get me the godliest weapon of all time before I crash out for the night really fuckin sucks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Found an amulet I like, and while I have enough money to buy it flat out, with it having 4 hours left and no bids, I am going to try and bid on it instead to save a Million. Would give me 80 more Int, 50 more life per second, and I would loose just 1 vit, and I can likely sell the old one to recoup at least 50% of the costs too, which is always nice.

Also just upgraded one of my rings. New one cost 1 Million, and I think I can get 900k for the old one, which would make a net cost of ~200k. How crappy are my rings anyway in your opinions? Wizard by the way.

ringswap.jpg

Got 500 Damage and 2k life from the upgrade.

Radec

Z6MW0.jpg

Won for 42 million.

I actually think it should have gone for a bit more.

With both life steal and ridiculous LoH, I should be basically invincible.

The strength actually puts it 1k dps higher than my previous weapon which had 960 dps

Neat.

Could sell it for 250m.

zon

Find good ring with a cheap buyout.

Click Buyout.

"Transaction can't be processed due to server load, check your Completed tab for updates"

Wait 30 minutes.

Come back.

No ring.

Lost the gold I paid.

Hooray. Fuck you blizzard.

To get your neurotransmitters flowing, here's all the rares that dropped in my Act 1 run:

I find that I typically do pretty much all of Act 1 now, still starting on 9-2, but porting around to various places to kill all the champs before doing the final Warden > Butcher run. I end up clearing most everything out except for a few areas.

That's about 2 full stash tabs and about a half full inventory's worth (they really need to give us more tabs.)

Having rares drop off champs is great, but it makes bosses much less satisfying to do. There really should be a bonus that bosses have over just plain champ packs that still make them highlights of the loot cycle, but not excessively farmed. Going back to 2 (or even 3) guaranteed rares would probably do it (it would still make sense to hunt packs everywhere else before doing the boss because the bonus isn't that good), though there are other options.

What's the best place to farm gold right now? I need to make inferno staff of herding and still short 800k.

Act 3 hell starting with siegebreaker quest and going back through the bridge
also
Act 1 inferno is giving me around 200k/h with my 200% GF gear plus all the zylions of yellow items per run plus inferno materials from salvage :)

Neki

To get your neurotransmitters flowing, here's all the rares that dropped in my Act 1 run:

I find that I typically do pretty much all of Act 1 now, still starting on 9-2, but porting around to various places to kill all the champs before doing the final Warden > Butcher run. I end up clearing most everything out except for a few areas.

That's about 2 full stash tabs and about a half full inventory's worth (they really need to give us more tabs.)

Having rares drop off champs is great, but it makes bosses much less satisfying to do. There really should be a bonus that bosses have over just plain champ packs that still make them highlights of the loot cycle, but not excessively farmed. Going back to 2 (or even 3) guaranteed rares would probably do it (it would still make sense to hunt packs everywhere else before doing the boss because the bonus isn't that good), though there are other options.

I don't think a single one of those items are a iL63.

Radec

How many of those are worth selling/using though ?

:D

I don't think a single one of those items are a iL63.

You may be right. There were some 62s in there, but I don't recall if I had a 63 or not from this run. Certainly not a good one. I did have a partial run before the full one (from which the items are posted) where I did get at least one or two 63s tonight, but my laptop overheated and shutdown temporarily (it's a thing that happens occasionally - kinda random though), disconnecting me from the server, thereby losing my map and NV stacks.

How many of those are worth selling/using though ?

:D

Like 3, tops.

I did upgrade a ring tonight for myself. Something like a 3k DPS increase.

Sorry, I had to show off too. I haven't sold any high dollar items ($250) besides the gold I sold off to an individual there in the early dates at the top, but I made a lot of smaller sales. ~$1,200 + a bunch of Steam games, can't really complain. I suppose I could've kept selling small, $2-10 shit from farming Act 1 but didn't feel it was worth my time. What ultimately made me leave is first I couldn't play with my friends, then when I could, they were all leaving.

I'm looking forward to coming back to the game if drops ever get sorted out and I can find my own upgrades, so I keep an eye on this thread. Sadly it will probably end up taking an expansion for that to happen. I do enjoy seeing people actually getting some drops they're somewhat excited about now but it's certainly not at a level that excites me.

Also this really is something that would usually feel like thread shitting to me, but I guess since Blizz has decided to make RMAH such a huge part of the game it feels perfectly relevant.

$1200 off a $60 game.

Jesus Christ.

aznpxdd

So....how many of those are actually good?

Cipherr

I do this same thing but on Act 2 atm on my barb. Start the Belial quest (a tip provided by a GAFer in this thread) and Leah and Adria leash to you and will follow and fight with you in any open area of the act (but they dont come with you into dungeons etc) its nice free extra dps and something for the elite packs to gnaw at from time to time. Of course Leah and Adria cannot die either. They do very decent damage when added in with your enchantress.

I nabbed a helm that seems pretty insane. Put it up for a 1m starting bid and buyout of 20m. Its up to 3m so far and thats more than enough to satisfy me as is. I almost sold it for a 1m buyout. Ive started to do some Act 3. I actually notice my low dps now though. Packs take a while, havent hit any enrages, but I came close. Everything is so slow. But once I got 5 stacks and slowly filled my inventory I noticed nothing belowe ilvl 61 in my bags, not even the blues. Now maybe that was luck, but goddamn thats a lot of profit for one full inventory just off of the essences alone compared to Act 2.

We need to know his playing hours to know if the sum is nice or not :)

Well, he never bought it to be a job with a decent $ per hour, he bought it for entertainment. If he enjoyed even a moderate amount of his playtime, he reaaaaaaally made out like a bandit.

syko de4d

Oh, and while we have downtime today (though it's only supposed to be two hours), we can all catch up on the Mass Effect 3 revised ending!

:lol

mhhh i need to find my old ME3 Saves :/

another thing we can do while downtime, read about the amazing PoE Endgame

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

A little Teaser

This is how Endgame should looke like, and the Map system is only one of many Endgame possibilities....

jersoc

those maps are an awesome idea. that's sort of what i was saying pages back. blizzard would do well to make a ladder with challenges attached to it.

or just steal that map idea.

Cipherr

mhhh i need to find my old ME3 Saves :/

another thing we can do while downtime, read about the amazing PoE Endgame

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-06-26/dev-diary-maps

A little Teaser

This is how Endgame should looke like, and the Map system is only one of many Endgame possibilities....

Jesus fucking Christ that all sounds awesome as hell. Its a real shame about PoE. Im part of the problem that I sort of hate. I wont even bother loading the games webpage to read about the type of game it is until I know it has a massive playerbase. And by massive I mean MASSIVE. Its all about the incredibly active community for me. Contributing the problem :/

sega4ever

Jesus fucking Christ that all sounds awesome as hell. Its a real shame about PoE. Im part of the problem that I sort of hate. I wont even bother loading the games webpage to read about the type of game it is until I know it has a massive playerbase. And by massive I mean MASSIVE. Its all about the incredibly active community for me. Contributing the problem :/

History of Path of Exile’s End-Game

Action RPGs typically have three difficulty levels. The player plays through the game several times using the same character, with the challenge ramping up each time. Right back at the start of the project, we thought it would be a great idea to add a fourth difficulty level that was really challenging so that players would have something to aim to beat.

When we tested this, we found that players reacted really badly to a sudden brick wall of difficult content that they were unable to progress in. We tried changing it to a steady ramp of difficulty, but then players found isolated areas where the monster AI was more abusable and farmed those with specific builds to get rewards with little risk.

When trying to solve this, we realised that the fourth difficulty level was only necessary until we added Act Three, at which point we’d reduce it back to three difficulty levels so that we’re not forcing the player to play through the same static content four times back-to-back. Our temporary solution, a month or so before entering Closed Beta last year, was to introduce the Maelstrom of Chaos areas. These were a sequence of random areas (using tilesets from all over the game) with completely random monster packs. Players gained access to it when they finished the final difficulty and could play through a series of levels that gradually ramped in difficulty.

The Maelstrom helped the situation, but players would still travel to areas that were too hard for them and complain that they weren’t able to kill monsters. We eventually flattened all the Maelstrom areas to be the same level, just ramping in density of bosses. By that time we had decided we needed a new, better mechanic for access to end-game areas. Maps will replace the Maelstrom in 0.9.11.

amazing, its like they tested this stuff before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom