• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This piece of garbage (especially when the 1.0.3 IAS-nerf comes) just sold for $20. Wow wow wowwww.

gfcjS.png

this is interesting. this whole RMAH thing.

like, people really spend that much money on a fucking item? HOLY SHIT!

Personally, for most things, I would be embarrassed to pay the $1.25 minimum. As far as time spent farming vs money spent, it may be worth it, but at the same time, if you buy everything, then what? What's the game?

rCIZZLE

I'm just going to keep listing all the random somewhat decent rares for like 2-3 dollars and see how much I can make in a week.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
BUT THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME!

Maybe some people really want to just beat up Diablo? To me, the grind isn't the game, its a means to the end. The game to me is fighting though things that can easily kill me if I make a misstep, sort of like the old Mega Man games.

Now thats ridiculous. You can get comparable rings off the in game merchants for a pittance minus the poison resist and regen.

To be honest, that is actually a pretty high regen value for a ring.

Totakeke

So why hasn't any other company attempt to do the same until Diablo 3? Actually I'm sure someone else has tried, right? Just be the middleman, no need to sell stuffs yourself.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So why hasn't any other company attempt to do the same until Diablo 3? Actually I'm sure someone else has tried, right? Just be the middleman, no need to sell stuffs yourself.

Valve? Kind of?

Except outside of games instead of in them!

And Wal-Mart while we're at it. I'm tired.

isny

napkin dispenser
Seems like the 90 pages of complaints about the game creation cap changed Blizzards mind. I've had no error message now and created a good 20 games.

Gonna be interesting to see how the real $ setup affects the gaming industry, and this game

This setup will make more sense for an MMO where these kind of trades happen under the table.

Einbroch

Banned
So I sold two crappy weapons for $12 and just purchased great gear for my Monk.

Went from 480 resistance to 630. Went from 9k DPS to 16k. Went from 17k HP to 21k.

:lol Thanks RMAH. Not as amazing as some of the stories in here, but still. I'll take it.

Mairu

God, the AH is soooo bad. Why the hell can't I search for attributes when I search for legendaries by name?

The way to get around this is to just search for the slot the legendary is in with the level requirement and set the loot quality threshold to legendary, then you can mess with specific attributes

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My luck seems to be pretty good. Got a third Legendary Tonight:

hellrack.jpg

Rolled a socket, which is nice. Got it off a Weapons Rack.

LordCanti

My luck seems to be pretty good. Got a third Legendary Tonight:

Rolled a socket, which is nice. Got it off a Weapons Rack.

Sell it quick, while casuals still don't know it's terrible.

The way to get around this is to just search for the slot the legendary is in with the level requirement and set the loot quality threshold to legendary, then you can mess with specific attributes

...Mother of God.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You need to register with the SMS thing, Wario. On their site.

I've done this before Diablo 3 was even released.

Removed and added it again. Still doesn't work. I wished it would give me a reason why nothing happens when I press 'okay'.

Cagey

Banned
This piece of garbage (especially when the 1.0.3 IAS-nerf comes) just sold for $20. Wow wow wowwww.

gfcjS.png

It's the 16% dex + rare. There's just so few of them available with 16% dex, as opposed to 15%. Even though the upgrade over a 70/15% ring is so damn small.

LordCanti

lol

More maintenance 7-10am EDT

Commodities being implemented? One can hope.

I'd probably do better to convert my gold to items and then sell those (since I'd have a 15% cushion to work with) but screw it.

Man ever since I sold that set item I keep logging back into my game just to see if I sold anything else, or if someone bid on it. This RMAH can be very addicting once you get a successful sale :lol

I sold two items for insane prices to crazy people, and it has turned me into a nutter for most of the day.

I haven't sold a thing since then, mostly because all of my auctions are going nowhere.

Someone buy mah $20 Hammer Jammers dammit!

Junie12

Man ever since I sold that set item I keep logging back into my game just to see if I sold anything else, or if someone bid on it. This RMAH can be very addicting once you get a successful sale :lol

The commodity sales should work like Guild Wars 1, the way the Rare Material vendors work. Not an auction, but basically an average leveraging of what items go for and instant money. I don't think the auction system works well when it comes to commodities.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fixed my paypal issue. I just linked Paypal via the website. Bleh, whatever, at least I finally got it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom