• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Have to buy a new phone. The whole thing is ridiculous. I don't have a smart phone...yet. It's still outrageous.

Use the free windows version.

So Kripparrian was just farming goblins and some other barbarian in his group apparently found a Stormshield off of this goblin.

And he died while looking at it out in the desert in the very game he got it. LOL.

I saw that. 26% block stormshield. He was looking at it and died like an genius..... so sad, because he loses his level 60 barb, his MF set and the shield.

Well upgraded a couple of pieces on my monk and just figured I'd dip into A2. NOPE.

Not even close to ready for that. Maybe I am just spoiled by A1 where I don't kite I just kill. I will probably just wait until the next patch where I can farm A1 and progress.

Until then I am off to level other characters.

koji

What, so you don't have a BlackBerry, iPhone or Android phone? Do you work for a military contractor that bans such things or something? Or just haven't gotten a new phone in the past 5 years?

I don't have a smartphone either, ordered myself a new nokia candybar a couple months ago, not everyone is interested in smartphones. I did buy the keychain authenticator though... :)

Anyone able to answer/confirm the thing I asked a couple posts back, is the bonus mob dmg in coop games patched out in EU? Nothing about it in the patchnotes and I've got a couple of mates burning out on the whole corpse run grind thing in coop...

What should I do to improve my monk stats?
And how are they?

Can't do anything in act 3 and mos champ packs in act 2 pound my ass.

Unbuffed:
13.5k DPS
41k HP
812 Resistance (int/lighting/all res)
4.5k armor
981 Dex
477 intelligence
93 life per hit
20% block 2.7k-3.7k
11% melee damage reduction

My weapon is a 906 damage spear with 17% attack speed and no socket.

Raptomex

What, so you don't have a BlackBerry, iPhone or Android phone? Do you work for a military contractor that bans such things or something? Or just haven't gotten a new phone in the past 5 years?
I have T-Mobile. Some crap phone I got for free. Similar to a blackberry. No internet. I pay around 50 a month for 300 min and unlimited texting. And thats really all I need. I am planning on buying a new phone at some point in the near future and it will be a smart phone. Just gotta find something in the range of what I'm paying now. I'm just outraged that my account gets hacked and to better secure myself for the future I would need a smart phone or to actually purchase a device to protect my account. And it's sold out. I didn't complain about the DRM (because my game runs fine), I didn't complain about anything else regarding this game, in fact I quite enjoy it. But this really pisses me off.

Dire

So why hasn't any other company attempt to do the same until Diablo 3? Actually I'm sure someone else has tried, right? Just be the middleman, no need to sell stuffs yourself.

I've also been looking for the answer to this question. To my knowledge this is completely unprecedented in a mainstream game. Blizzard and practically all other major companies have in the past included very similar legalese about the items/characters you create/find not actually belonging to you - and that you're merely paying for the time and not the items. I'm assuming they were worried about the potential legal backlash of de-facto declaring the items as actual property. If a hardcore character had $1000 worth of items on his character and died in the past week due exclusively to Blizzard's poor server state, does he have any right to claim that $1000 from Blizzard? The answer seems intuitively an obvious and resounding NO, but if the law was intuitive and obvious then we'd have no need for the bast lawyers.

Paertan

I have basically ditched Diablo 3 since I hit inferno. Like the game, but not enough to ignore my backlogg.
Anyways my thoughts about buying items for real. If I spend one hour extra at work I get one hour I can go home earlier another day and about 18$ extra (12$ after taxes) as a bonus. So instead of grinding so I can get gold to buy an item or hope the titem itself drops I can spend 12 bucks in RMAH and spend one extra hour at work, reading NeoGAF ;)

Can't wait for them to nerf golgor damage in response to this. Those things do stupid amounts of damage.

I can deal with Golgor damage because you don't have to fight 800 of them at once. Swift Skull Cleavers on the other hand, go go fuck themselves. Tune that shit down.

Have to buy a new phone. The whole thing is ridiculous. I don't have a smart phone...yet. It's still outrageous.

It is, clearly something that's mandatory for your accounts security should be included with the game and it's utterly unfair to make the assumption that all people feel like they need a smartphone.

eek5

I can deal with Golgor damage because you don't have to fight 800 of them at once. Swift Skull Cleavers on the other hand, go go fuck themselves. Tune that shit down.

Well the damage of Golgors is stupid once you fight a champion/elite pack of them which is my main problem. Ran into one with waller and they'd just 2 shot me before I could even do anything. No heal can save you from that.

Yes, swift skull cleavers also do a shitload of melee damage though. Actually, almost anything that melees in A3 hits really hard except for those big guys with maces that spawn from the ledge grabbing guys (the one unit you'd think would hit hard in melee range.. lol)

mileS

So Kripparrian was just farming goblins and some other barbarian in his group apparently found a Stormshield off of this goblin.

And he died while looking at it out in the desert in the very game he got it. LOL.

He probably shouldn't have been looking at it there BUT wasn't it that WD guy (Cybrx?) that destroyed bone pile after 2/4 of the other party ported back to town and while he was still in MF gear. So technically its his fault :x

Totakeke

I saw that. 26% block stormshield. He was looking at it and died like an genius..... so sad, because he loses his level 60 barb, his MF set and the shield.

Don't you lose everything in your character's inventory as well? I always see him carrying more than one set of gear even while farming.

I've also been looking for the answer to this question. To my knowledge this is completely unprecedented in a mainstream game. Blizzard and practically all other major companies have in the past included very similar legalese about the items/characters you create/find not actually belonging to you - and that you're merely paying for the time and not the items. I'm assuming they were worried about the potential legal backlash of de-facto declaring the items as actual property. If a hardcore character had $1000 worth of items on his character and died in the past week due exclusively to Blizzard's poor server state, does he have any right to claim that $1000 from Blizzard? The answer seems intuitively an obvious and resounding NO, but if the law was intuitive and obvious then we'd have no need for the bast lawyers.

Yeah, it could be quite sticky if they introduce RMAH for hardcore.

so I was just woken up by Blizzard sending me like 3 texts with verification codes.

has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried? I checked my account and everything seems fine but who knows with this stuff.

Radec

I bet he'll be 60 again later.

But losing those item sucks though.

What's the latest progress of Kungen btw?

eek5

I bet he'll be 60 again later.

But losing those item sucks though.

What's the latest progress of Kungen btw?

Kungen is trying to battle through a3 with 10k armor and 600 resists. He has like 40k hp too.

Needless to say, everytime he chips away at A3 it feels like he is on the verge of death. He went back to gob farming for a bit but everyone in his group is extremely bored of it.

syllogism

Can this thread move past reporting every single worthless sale you have made? I don't think anyone cares by this point. Anyone can browse AH and see what is moving, so it's not like it has any informative value.

LordCanti

so I was just woken up by Blizzard sending me like 3 texts with verification codes.

has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried? I checked my account and everything seems fine but who knows with this stuff.

Just happened to me. Not sure if it's their servers being shitty, or what.

Scared me just as I was about to fall asleep.

Quick question: If I buy a retail box copy of Diablo III and give the CD Key to my nephew, will he be able to download and play the full game from the CD key? or does he need the included disk?

It looks like Blizzard doesn't allow Diablo III to be gifted digitally like Steam does. I gave him a guest pass code and he ended up really liking the game, so I told him I would buy it for him.

Thanks!

Yes you can - i never even put my dvd into drive just entered cd-key and downloaded it.

Danj

OK so I guess I need to set up Paypal if I want anything other than BlizzBucks, can anyone recommend a UK virtual visa card to use with it? Not going to link my real bank account because the last time I was on Paypal a few years ago they stole £240 off me.

Just happened to me. Not sure if it's their servers being shitty, or what.

Scared me just as I was about to fall asleep.

Same thing happened to me as my friend and I were fighting a molten quill beast group. It's not enough to have these cheap champion packs, now they resort to texting me while fighting them. :(

Well. I was asleep, but now I'm up.

Seven texts from Blizzard.

Yeah I got a random SMS code text. Dunno why though.

Anyway, got to Act 2 Inferno - I can see why people think it's tough. I actually had a rare enrage on me. Stupid Lacuni guys with their built-in mortar though. I can take a hit or two, but I'm still really delicate, so you have to be in the exact right spot out of melee range, but not yet in mortar range to be safe. Otherwise you just keep moving and kite, kite, kiting, hoping you can kill them fast enough.

I guess I'll farm Act 1 a bit. Nothing there was much trouble - I soloed the Butcher in one shot (though it was a little hairy here and there.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any work arounds for the SMS Messaging? I can live with Blizbucks for a bit (I wouldn't mind picking up Starcraft 2 and some of their Legacy games), but I don't have a normal cell phone right now.

Got through Act 2 Inferno, killing everything in existence. Feeling good about myself I took a peek at act 3...

Elite mobs with Butchers health that hit for 80k

yeah...nah

joesmokey

Diablo on Inferno... Yeah... Couldn't even make it to phase 2 lol.

Izual took many attempts even with the going in circles approach. I died to lag about 3-4 times :(.

So if I start a new act to farm gear, I lose all the progress on the Diablo questline again right? That is, I'll have to kill Izual again, etc.?

Punisher

Neo Member
Item name 1 The Root
Time of transaction 13 Jun 2012 08:16 AM UTC
Sale price $19.95
Transaction fee $1.00
Paypal transaction fee $2.84
Applicable taxes $0.00
Your proceeds $16.11

Cool!

Danj

Skrill/Moneybookers?

Doesn't seem like they do a VISA card? Pretty sure you need a visa card (or some sort of credit/debit card) to sign up for Paypal, right? Or is there a way to sign up for Paypal without using a card at all? Is there some kind of "reduced functionality" Paypal account that you can get that only exists on the Internet and doesn't connect to banks at all?

Neki

What does this even mean?

Long story short, a stream tried charging 8.95 for a premium service that just ended up being shit. Extremely long down times and lack of higher HD options, so people were basically paying 8.95 for nothing. :p

Doesn't seem like they do a VISA card? Pretty sure you need a visa card (or some sort of credit/debit card) to sign up for Paypal, right? Or is there a way to sign up for Paypal without using a card at all? Is there some kind of "reduced functionality" Paypal account that you can get that only exists on the Internet and doesn't connect to banks at all?

You can charge Paypal by bank transfer for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom