• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious as to how much is people actually paying into the system vs. people using proceeds from their auctions to buy stuff. (Though I'm not sure how people would be using balance generated from auctions yet - the one I had sent to balance still hasn't cleared yet.)

Either way, people is crazy.

And I'm screenshotting all the items I put up on the AH now, just to have a record of exactly what I sold, since there isn't anything in the game that tells you (yet).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Could I get a price check help please? Tried looking at the AH but couldn't find anything similar

i1XCgIr1nKte7.jpg

Thanks

These took a few hours to go for $75 if it helps any

KFDxz.png

But like has been stated, the madness seems to be random

So im still pretty low level, 24. I have some yellows, would it be pretty much a waste of time for me to list anything at such a low level?

Looking for some Barb gear advice. What should I upgrade first?

0vWCV.jpg

Here are my buffed stats (Enchantress + Warcry)

hJaeY.jpg

I feel like I need a little more VIT because my health is only about 48k, and my armor would benefit from more VIT as well. But it's really hard to get more VIT without sacrificing a shitload of strength, and I can't convince myself that it's really worth it.

I could get 150+ VIT on my ring easily, but I'd be giving up attack speed and LoH, so again I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Suggestions appreciated.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
LOL, supposedly you can get locked out of the game simply managing inventory and the AH items between a couple of characters. Because you cannot look at stats with damaged items, you have to go into the game to repair. Or if you have something equipped on one characters follower. So I could see this happening easily.

Staff of herding? Nope, gonna get locked out because you're a bot.

Good job, Blizzard.

It's like Blizzard and Bioware both have been indoctrinated. I'm going to observe game launches from these companies very carefully before buying their stuff in the future.

LOL, supposedly you can get locked out of the game simply managing inventory and the AH items between a couple of characters. Because you cannot look at stats with damaged items, you have to go into the game to repair.

Umm, the damaged items thing is a thing of the past. You can look at damaged items in the AH now

Punisher

Neo Member
So I'd like to sell some gold on the RMAH but when I search for it I get no results..

So not sure how to price that stuff...

SUPARSTARX

Some mobs are really tuned high even for well geared barbs.

I'm at 60k HP, 1k resists buffed, 1.2k LOH, 10k armor and those god damn soul rippers or w/e that tongue you in A3 still hit me for 8k non-elite. You really need to minimize as much bursty damage as possible. It's so random.

Rings. Even with Attack Speed +, they're weak. Especially considering they're talking about nerfing attack speed+.

Just a random ring with VIT/STR/Resist All?

What about a Band of Fallen Heroes?

Man I hate giving up 30% attack speed. It gives me ridiculous DPS and helps out my Loh by a ton. I can literally stand there and just bash Siegebreaker in the face and kill him from 100% to 0 that way, I'm afraid if i get rid of the attack speed I won't be able to do that anymore

teh_pwn

Just a random ring with VIT/STR/Resist All?

What about a Band of Fallen Heroes?

Not a barb, so I'm not sure.

In addition to VIT/STR/Resist all, maybe something that has +250 armor or lots of physical damage to attacker would help.

You might be able to find something with +12% attack speed AND a couple of solid stats. They're hard to find though. My wizard has something like that. +70 INT/VIT and 12% attack speed I think.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think most of these buys that make no sense are a Blizzard program to "prime the well" so to speak.

As a test I put up a mix of items, some great, some good, some horrible. One item sells, one of the horrible ones, one I couldn't even sell on the gold auction house.

"Hey, let's buy a bunch of items when we open the RMAH so that we can instill a sense of confidence in the players, enough confidence so that they too will buy."

I think most of these buys that make no sense are a Blizzard program to "prime the well" so to speak.

As a test I put up a mix of items, some great, some good, some horrible. One item sells, one of the horrible ones, one I couldn't even sell on the gold auction house.

"Hey, let's buy a bunch of items when we open the RMAH so that we can instill a sense of confidence in the players, enough confidence so that they too will buy."

I sold an item in the same situation. Ring with 100 int and 30 vit and some other mediocre stats that would've made it a tough sell at 10k on the gold AH. Ended up getting $10 for it after the blizzard tax.

Zeliard

A lot less than people around here think, I'm betting. A lot of people just got things for $50 that might have taken them tens of hours overall to get on their own. And they probably have no illusions that it's the best shit in the game, it'll just make their life a little easier than what they had before. Contrary to belief 'round here, that's actually a pretty good deal.

Oh I'm not at all referring to those types of people. I mean more the ones who paid an amount that doesn't fit relative to the item they bought, and one they could have gotten for much cheaper had they literally just looked at the next page and generally been more keen with search parameters. Some people have bought items that were being sold for much cheaper at similar stats at the very same time.

I fully understand that people are purchasing things on the RMAH to avoid having to waste time getting them the normal way, which is why I keep likening this to the F2P model, which operates on a similar principle in many cases. But there have been people who are spending exorbitant amounts on items they could have gotten for much cheaper not just tomorrow, but at the point they purchased them, or could have gotten significantly better (or more) items at that same total price.

maharg

idspispopd

Yeah I really doubt that. First of all, it may not even be legal (a lot of the things people talk about Blizzard doing sneakily sound pretty grey legally speaking). Second, it'd be sinking thousands of dollars for something people would probably do anyways.

Oh I'm not at all referring to those types of people. I mean more the ones who paid an amount that doesn't fit relative to the item they bought, and one they could have gotten for much cheaper had they literally just looked at the next page and generally been more keen with search parameters. Some people have bought items that were being sold for much cheaper at the very same time.

I fully understand that people are purchasing things on the RMAH to avoid having to waste time getting them the normal way, which is why I keep likening this to the F2P model, which operates on a similar principle in many cases. But there have been people who are spending exorbitant amounts on items they could have gotten for much cheaper not just tomorrow, but at the point they purchased them, or could have gotten significantly better (or more) items at that same total price.

I don't think the AH really gives people a good way to obtain competitive information like that. It's possible, but it takes a lot of time and effort (and figuring out how).

Row

Banned
The RMAH just makes the game seem so hollow and meaningless, has the same feel to it now as all those mobile app games that try to shoehorn people into making in-app purchases

rCIZZLE

Cool, just made a little over $20 after fees on a 1kdps 25ias crossbow. It's pretty good but not worth nearly $20 real money. I think I got it for 350k igg (which was a pretty big steal at the time).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It sucks not being able to access the RMAH to put up some items. Says digital copies have to wait three days to access it, but I bought my copy at launch. ;_;

Anyone else getting this?

Gf1C5.png

Zeliard

I don't think the AH really gives people a good way to obtain competitive information like that. It's possible, but it takes a lot of time and effort (and figuring out how).

It's a little strange though because the stuff that is selling at high prices seems to all be level 60+ items, and I would think that anyone who's gotten to that point should be pretty familiar with how the AH operates.

Ok Blizzard all is forgiven. The server issues, account hacking, gold duping, various class abilities being nerfed, etc, these things are all in the past. So far Ive earned over 80 dollars selling stuff. Not bad considering the stuff I had was mediocre (no legendaries or high dps weapons). I have never played a game where the game literally pays for itself.

And I'm screenshotting all the items I put up on the AH now, just to have a record of exactly what I sold, since there isn't anything in the game that tells you (yet).

If you shift click the gold icon on your completed sale it lets you link the item you sold. No way to look it up after you transfer the gold into your stash though

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just got an account lock due to suspicious activity, need to change my password etc. My cousin did as well. Have an authenticator and no signs of anyone been in my account. This is fucked up now. =/

Edit: Changed my password and all is good. Apparently someone was trying to log into my account?

rCIZZLE

Can anybody give me a rough idea of what kind of stats/gear I'll need to farm A3 and A4 with a barbarian? Talking how much LOH, res, armor, hp, etc. Looks like goblins won't be nearly as efficient with limits so I'm feeling like going back with my barb and trying to make him a viable champ and boss killer.

teh_pwn

No Blizzard is not forgiven. What the fuck at this Input Limit shit.

Yep.

Whimsyshire rainbow ingredient would have taken me 10 hours to get with this policy. What is it, one game every 10 minutes? I restarted act 2 at least 60 times to get that.

Razorwind

Yeah I really doubt that. First of all, it may not even be legal (a lot of the things people talk about Blizzard doing sneakily sound pretty grey legally speaking). Second, it'd be sinking thousands of dollars for something people would probably do anyways.

Just to do a quick raise of hands thingy then, has anyone put money into the Blizzard credits and bought something off AH? (Amount don't matter, could be 2 bucks)

Don't think it's illegal as there is no laws that cover that. I wont be surprised at all if Blizzard did such a thing. They can always pay some kids free credits and let them go berserk on the RMAH to avoid the technicalities.

I don't even think the initial AH item prices of 5-20mil gold are set by actual players, there are tons of rares on the gold AH now that doesnt even sell. Normal people would have already done some homework to undercut and sell cheaper.

Anustart

I think I'm going to try an experiment. My items aren't selling at lower than others prices, I'm going to jack the cost up and see if perceived value causes sales. Same 10 items, triple the price.

Edit : may also be worth it to snatch up 30%+ storm shields to sell. Before the bubble pops you might be able to buy gold from the sites, get ss, profit.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm only getting three resets in now before I get the error. Earlier when the servers came up I was getting 6-10 before getting the error. I wonder if it has to do with how busy the servers are? Or if they've just tweaked the number of times you can reset since this morning.

LordCanti

I'm only getting three resets in now before I get the error. Earlier when the servers came up I was getting 6-10 before getting the error. I wonder if it has to do with how busy the servers are? Or if they've just tweaked the number of times you can reset since this morning.

If only the calendar trick still worked.

Won

Looks like EU servers won't be up in time for me to participate in the early money craze. I guess I will just keep my stuff then just in case I come ever back to it.

Artanisix

They figured out you were botting and had to put a stop to it.

Yeah I guess if you're not farming 5 stacks of A3 elites and killing Siegebreaker, Cydea, and Azmodan and then blowing Diablo in the next act, you ARE A BOTTER AND MUST HAVE YOUR GAMES LIMITED

Just to do a quick raise of hands thingy then, has anyone put money into the Blizzard credits and bought something off AH? (Amount don't matter, could be 2 bucks)

Don't think it's illegal as there is no laws that cover that. I wont be surprised at all if Blizzard did such a thing. They can always pay some kids free credits and let them go berserk on the RMAH to avoid the technicalities.

I don't even think the initial AH item prices of 5-20mil gold are set by actual players, there are tons of rares on the gold AH now that doesnt even sell. Normal people would have already done some homework to undercut and sell cheaper.

The naivete of some people really blows my freaking mind sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom