• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

The commodity sales should work like Guild Wars 1, the way the Rare Material vendors work. Not an auction, but basically an average leveraging of what items go for and instant money. I don't think the auction system works well when it comes to commodities.

It...it does basically.

AH has worked really smoothly today

More smoothly than I've ever seen

btw, is this good? Do people still farm gold?

0hxXT.png

eek5

It...it does basically.

Well the difference is the commodities in D3 only have a sellers side. The items in GW2 have a buyers side too so if a buyer thinks the sellers are too high they can put in offers. Sellers that want to get rid of their gold immediately can sell directly to offers buyers make without having to undercut and hope it gets bought out on the spot.

My luck seems to be pretty good. Got a third Legendary Tonight:

hellrack.jpg

Rolled a socket, which is nice. Got it off a Weapons Rack.

that Legendary dropped dropped for me a few days ago. I went to check the RMAH and there's tonnes of them, some as low as $2.50. What are the stats that make it a good crossbow?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Decided to list a couple legendaries and about 5 rares I had sitting around. Put them at reasonable prices, but the nice thing is that no matter what, those "reasonable prices" will end up as real cash money in my PayPal account.

Delicious. I hope they sell.

I can't wait until commodities come online. I have piles of tomes to sell.

eek5

that Legendary dropped dropped for me a few days ago. I went to check the RMAH and there's tonnes of them, some as low as $2.50. What are the stats that make it a good crossbow?

Nothing makes it a good crossbow. :lol

The only hope would be that someone that doesn't understand the game pays a chunk of cash because it rolled a socket.

So by any chance did anybody here just get the game? Haven't played through it yet and would prefer to play with people as new to the game as myself.

inky

For barbs struggling, try out Kripp's new Barb build. I personally don't need it but some of you might find it useful:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSPfVk!bhe!acZYcc

Looks like a build that needs some good Attack Speed to work, but the extra confuse is nice. That is why I always carry my enchantress around. Great way to let mobs deal with themselves.

Listed a bunch of crap on the RMAH. Not expecting anything to sell, but the extra stash room is nice (I have a problem with hoarding.) Still need to figure out what will I sell for realsies and a ballpark for all that. Too bad I missed the initial craze, my stormshield would've gone for 40-50 I think, going by current prices.

SupaNaab

Lost my HC 31 Wizard in Normal trying to do Complete Act IV in one hour. -.- I was one screen from the Pinnacle of Heaven. My HC Inferno Barb meanwhile continues to farm SK.

Helscream

Banned
Among all the chaos and craziness the RMAH is making if anyone is interested in doing some Butcher runs on Inferno (Or Act I Inferno in general) send a friend request to Jackson#1934.

I kinda hit a wall that others have. Basically the gear I need to take on ACT 2 and beyond I will need to accumulate a crap-ton of gold to have the gear to pull it off. In hopes that patch 1.03 will change a few things to make it more tolerable. I'm off tomorrow so if anyone wants to do some Butcher or maybe just some gold farming runs just send me a request. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll be up all night.

koji

Anyone know if the coop damage increase is patched out now on the EU servers? Nothing about it in todays patchnotes...

Cipherr

Posted by Bashiok

After looking into some reports you guys provided it seems the limit may have not been working exactly as intended. Working properly you really shouldn't see it, even in fairly normal 'farming' conditions, or reasonable amounts of character swapping. We're shutting it off until we can take a better look at it tomorrow.

yaocmonson.png

Stopping farming in a farming game not working as intended? You dont say....

Quick question: If I buy a retail box copy of Diablo III and give the CD Key to my nephew, will he be able to download and play the full game from the CD key? or does he need the included disk?

It looks like Blizzard doesn't allow Diablo III to be gifted digitally like Steam does. I gave him a guest pass code and he ended up really liking the game, so I told him I would buy it for him.

Thanks!

eek5

yaocmonson.png

Stopping farming in a farming game not working as intended? You dont say....

It's weird.. I reloaded an instance like 15 times in a row and didn't get it. I was looking for the crumbling dungeon. Other people getting it after 3 games lol

Quick question: If I buy a retail box copy of Diablo III and give the CD Key to my nephew, will he be able to download and play the full game from the CD key? or does he need the included disk?

It looks like Blizzard doesn't allow Diablo III to be gifted digitally like Steam does. I gave him a guest pass code and he ended up really liking the game, so I told him I would buy it for him.

Thanks!

Yes you can. My retail box was coming in late last month, so our supplier gave us our CD-keys first so we can play the game on launch day.

Raptomex

So I began playing this game again after a few weeks. I wasn't very far at all. I received the latest updates. Now I'm in some
desert location
and I have no idea where I am. I have to rehire my dude. Is this normal? I'm quite positive I never left the first area.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I began playing this game again after a few weeks. I wasn't very far at all. I received the latest updates. Now I'm in some
desert location
and I have no idea where I am. I have to rehire my dude. Is this normal? I'm quite positive I never left the first area.

Probably got hacked if you don't have an authenticator tied to your account.

I've seen mentioned a few times that there are maximums to stats on items. Like you never see more than +x armor etc. I'm curious if there will at some point be absolute best-in-slot pieces in this game? Ones with the best possible affixes with the maximum amounts on everything (as far as the item budget allows at least)? With the RMAH and a few more months of drops coming from millions of people, would it ever be possible to have no more upgrade potential on a character, say if someone spent like $10,000 or something insane like that? Will Blizzard start patching in drops with more stats to keep the loot ceiling moving up or will it just be mostly static until the first expansion?

What happened with Diablo 2? Did people ever come close to having the absolute maximum gear on any characters? It seems more possible to do with the auction house and all.

Danj

Still annoyed that the EU RMAH was delayed 2 more days :( I want my turn at making crazy BlizzBucks!

EDIT: Stupid question, if you attach a PayPal account to your battle.net account later on, you can still transfer out any BlizzBucks you earned beforehand, right?

Einbroch

Banned
Still annoyed that the EU RMAH was delayed 2 more days :( I want my turn at making crazy BlizzBucks!

EDIT: Stupid question, if you attach a PayPal account to your battle.net account later on, you can still transfer out any BlizzBucks you earned beforehand, right?
No. BlizzBucks are always BlizzBucks.

Alex

Too bad the Blizzard bucks are fairly useless outside of just flipping them on other items. the FAQ for it is funny. Ever see the Simpsons episode where Homer buys all the Itchy & Scratchy Land money then walks in and every store says "WE DO NOT ACCEPT I&S LAND MONEY"? Well, that's exactly what it is. :lol

Ill probably repurchase a weapon once the prices die down (if they do, I'm assuming they have to) and then buy and resell something when I can get my texts to work, frustrating!

Dynoro

No; you either get Blizzbucks(tm) or Paypal - you cannot swap between them

Raptomex

Probably got hacked if you don't have an authenticator tied to your account.
Looks like you're right. I changed my password. Now I think I'm going to start over. However, this is bullshit. Now I have to buy an authenticator to protect my account? Wtf is that? That's low. Even if I wanted to, the US ones are sold out. What a bunch of bullshit. I'm so pissed.

Danj

Looks like you're right. I changed my password. Now I think I'm going to start over. However, this is bullshit. Now I have to buy an authenticator to protect my account? Wtf is that? That's low. Even if I wanted to, the US ones are sold out. What a bunch of bullshit. I'm so pissed.

If you have a smartphone you can always use the free mobile authenticator app.

FaidSint

Free mobile app.

Danj

Have to buy a new phone. The whole thing is ridiculous.

What, so you don't have a BlackBerry, iPhone or Android phone? Do you work for a military contractor that bans such things or something? Or just haven't gotten a new phone in the past 5 years?

Number45

desert location
If you've hopped into a multiplayer game you have to re-hire your follower, just portal back to town to find him/her.

So Kripparrian was just farming goblins and some other barbarian in his group apparently found a Stormshield off of this goblin.

And he died while looking at it out in the desert in the very game he got it. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom