• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

Fun fact: The game doesn't add the time in the menus, on the AH or when the game is paused to your class /played statistics.

So how long have you been playing, GAF?

I'm at 263 hours.

Realyn

Not me, but from my friendslist. He also just got Inf Dia some days ago. Damn.

inUi4.jpg

edit: I'll need another gear check for Inferno Act II later on. Crafted some good gloves and bought a Bul ring.

x3r0123

These are still not getting any attention. Any one have estimate how much these are worth? I tried with 30 million, but I guess that was too much even though there wasn't anything like this on AH at that time.

check the price for 140str/140vit + res and then put some gems so that it becomes more valuable

Graben

Neo Member
I am located in Japan and recently can't access battlenet. I uninstalled diablo 3 and not can't acess the download. Could someone send me the client?
I mean the 32mb installer not the full game.
downloaded from my cell phone and copied to my pc.
so strange...

Realyn

Eek5, you there? Need help! But will gladly take input from everyone ofcourse.

Can I move into Hardcore Act II/Inferno like that?

stats

items

I still had the amulet, crafted gloves on first try, bought ring for 420k(bidwar :[) and bought boots for 500k. Found the weapon, weha.

Vodh

stats

items

I still had the amulet, crafted gloves on first try, bought ring for 420k(bidwar :[) and bought boots for 500k. Found the weapon, weha.

The helm looks like it should be fairly easy to upgrade, the shield shoudn't be too expensive either, but even without those upgrades you might stand a chance. Won't be a breeze and farming act 1 would probably be faster, but you should be able to kill pretty much anything as far as normal mobs go with a proper build.

With that money tho you should be able to get at least 1k armor and ~100 resists and not even feel the sting. That would make A2 easier.

Realyn

The helm looks like it should be fairly easy to upgrade, the shield shoudn't be too expensive either, but even without those upgrades you might stand a chance. Won't be a breeze and farming act 1 would probably be faster, but you should be able to kill pretty much anything as far as normal mobs go with a proper build.

With that money tho you should be able to get at least 1k armor and ~100 resists and not even feel the sting. That would make A2 easier.

If it would be that easy.

The rare lvl 62 shields are no real upgrade either. Meh, time to check jsp more often.

Vodh

If it would be that easy.

The rare lvl 62 shields are no real upgrade either. Meh, time to check jsp more often.

Ahhhhhh, it's HC. Well, then don't listen to me, I've got absolutely no experience with HC. Personally, I'd be afraid to go to A2 with those stats, I've got slightly better stats on my barb and I still die ocasionally.

Sigmaah

Have you tried dropping one of hatred consuming attacks (you have awfully lot of them for build with no bat companion) and adding Shadow power with gloom ?

That way you have great way of healing and 65% reduction in dmg means you can actually tank for those 3 seconds.

I'll actually do this, seems like it'll help a lot, thanks dude! I'm still not set on my skills yet, so I'm assuming that's a major issue with my DH.

Also, there's gotta be a way to level up way faster for when you start a new character, I swear, It's gonna take me so long to get my monk to 60, THERE MUST BE A FASTER WAY then to just "play" through Act 1-4 on each difficulty.

eek5

stats

items

Yeah I think you'll be OK but it might be a little hard. If you want to make some small upgrades that will help a lot, I'd still try to get more LoH from an amulet or weapon. I'd try to stack higher STR in your belt slot and more VIT in your pants. I think you can sacrifice some STR on your pants and get it back in the belt slot. If you can't find cheap pants w/ res all, try to get some with a resistance that you're low in (like physical).

Getting more RES from pants or shoulders would make a big difference too. I think right now you're kind of at the edge of what's needed to do A2 without dying. Getting your res up into the high 700's will be a lot safer.

Totakeke

Farmed Act 2 for 2 hours with a friend, probably got around 3 inventory pages full of rares, got 3 ilvl63 rares but they were all crap. None of the rares were even sellable and all I got from all that was 3 18% and 19% MF items.

What part of this is fun again?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I quit and sold all my gear on the RMAH.

*salutes*

I have no plans to sell all of my gear. For one, it's not worth anything, lol. And two, I still want to be able to come back periodically and play now and then. So I'm keeping my level 60 wizard geared as best as I can. Even though I've decided to stop playing inferno for now. Stuck at the beginning of Act II Inferno, and the game just isn't fun for me to progress anymore.

In order to get better gear to progress, I will need to farm Act I Inferno for it, or buy it off the AH. My problem is that I'm not getting drops that I can use from Inferno. Hell, I'm not even getting drops that I can auction off for any decent amount of gold. And I can't buy better gear off the AH because it simply costs too much gold to do so. I've tried farming for gold, but I die so often (due to my crappy gear) that my repair costs are preventing me from making any progress. Sure, I probably could slog it out and SLOWLY grind my gold up to buy a new piece of gear every few weeks from the AH, one piece at a time, but realistically I have better things to do with my time and I'm finding it more frustrating that fun at this point. I'd rather play some Minecraft or Starcraft or Warlock or Skyrim or any other number of games that I would find more fun.

And I find that seriously strange, because this wasn't the case AT ALL with Diablo II.

I played that game for YEARS, hell for over a decade, and it always felt fun and worth it. I always felt like I had the chance to actually make some headway in Diablo II. Criminey, Diablo II is still fun and a joy to play. With Diablo III, I just feel like I'm at a wall and being cockblocked in a not so fun way anymore at "endgame".

And I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, but it's definitely not the same feeling.

Either the loot curve is skewed in the wrong direction, or gold is just too hard to accumulate. Maybe it's the fact that most elite packs are so incredibly impossible while I'm melting through normal trash like a hot knife thru butter.

I miss re-rolling grand charms from Nightmare Act II in my hunt for more +skill charms. I miss re-rolling trash rings and ammys (for free) as a fun way to loot gamble. I miss running lower level bosses but still having the chance to find loot that I could actually use to improve my character. I miss hunting for runes to make my own gear, gear that I could actually use and not just vendor right away. I miss joining multiplayer games and being excited at the prospect of MORE loot, MORE gold, MORE monsters to slaughter. Mulitplayer just felt like more fun in Diablo II. It almost feels like a handicap in Diablo III. And for an online only game, that fact seems strangely inappropriate...

For now, I'm done with Inferno. My playtime with Diablo III will now be in getting one of every class up to 60, just to see how they all play there. Not in any rush though, because the lure of Inferno just isn't a good one for me. So I'm far from done with the game. But once I have five 60's, well unless things change I'll be done with the game then.

For a week or two now though I'm going back to other games. Maybe I'll start a new Skellimancer in Diablo II....

Rufus

This is my current gear http://i.imgur.com/C8em5.jpg

Do i have too much resists? Im at around 19k DPS.
I rarely die.
That's good gear, but it's also kind of sad to see that this is what good D3 gear is. It is the most plain and boring stuff, considering where you are in the game. It ticks the boxes that would have been ticked if you could still assign attribute points yourself and little else. The LOH and stuff on the Stormshield are the only stats that are somewhat worth thinking about, but you could argue that they are also very obvious picks. Most of the customization is in what skills you use, the gear is just there to boost your main attribute and to keep you alive.
What are the alternatives? Crit build, attack speed build or a combination.

dps sucks hard.
Yeah. 50k, maybe 100k.

zoukka

Farmed Act 2 for 2 hours with a friend, probably got around 3 inventory pages full of rares, got 3 ilvl63 rares but they were all crap. None of the rares were even sellable and all I got from all that was 3 18% and 19% MF items.

The part where you realise you are basically working for no pay nor gain.

New Penny-Arcade up today:

Also debating on whether to change the thread title now, or wait for the next OT. I have a pretty good one up my sleeve (and at least one or two more in reserve).

Clearly Mike and Jerry haven't played Inferno :p

"Wow, that is way worse"

Too true. Though I did find a weapon upgrade the other day (still a blue, but eh). Bow with slightly less DPS, but a faster attack speed and a higher crit damage bonus than the crossbow I had (which I bought for 200k-300k. Was better with the different passive.

Sigmaah

Stats ATM are
STR: 371
DEX: 1105
INT: 487
VIT: 790
ARMOR: 3746
DPS: 25K

All my resistances are 370+ also.

good enough armor to farm act 1 as a DH or do I need more?

MrDaravon

Okaaaaay so have I hit some sort of weird glitch, or what the hell is going on here? Everything below is without Sharpshooter active. tl;dr version is my actual stats seem to be updating correctly, but the Advanced Tooltip is way out of wack.

1 - This was my EXISTING bow equipped; you can see my HP and just barely my damage there.
9ohNp.png

2 - Here is a new bow that I bought; notice how even though the stats are higher, the tooltip is showing that it will be a negative change (would need to do the math but I believe the stats would be the same but should be a green increase instead of red decrease).
2SsnJ.png

3 - Here is the new bow equipped; you can't see the damage on the screenshot but that did go up accordingly (as opposed to what the tooltip showed) and you CAN see in the screenshot that my HP did go up accordingly due to the Vit increase from bow to bow.
1akrp.png

4 - As an added twist, look at the tooltip now for my old bow when comparing to my equipped new crossbow. What the fuck?
kSCSr.png

I'm continuing to check but I have no fucking idea what's causing this and I'm starting to trip out thinking I somehow got some sort of glitched item; however my actual stats OD seem to correctly reflect all changes, just the tooltips are showing wacky shit. It also doesn't seem to be affecting any other gear/changes. And again SS is not active (Archery is, but wouldn't show anything like this), and even if it was that wouldn't explain the HP disparities.

Woo-Fu

Banned

You're complaining that you didn't get anything good after only 2 hours of farming? You might as well just quit now because 2 hours of nothing is *nothing*. :)

scy

I'm continuing to check but I have no fucking idea what's causing this and I'm starting to trip out thinking I somehow got some sort of glitched item; however my actual stats OD seem to correctly reflect all changes, just the tooltips are showing wacky shit. It also doesn't seem to be affecting any other gear/changes. And again SS is not active (Archery is, but wouldn't show anything like this), and even if it was that wouldn't explain the HP disparities.

Remove Quiver and try again.

Trickster

Stats ATM are
STR: 371
DEX: 1105
INT: 487
VIT: 790
ARMOR: 3746
DPS: 25K

All my resistances are 370+ also.

good enough armor to farm act 1 as a DH or do I need more?

looks good enough to me, provided you have some all res and you dps isn't with sharpshooter at 100%

Trickster

Okaaaaay so have I hit some sort of weird glitch, or what the hell is going on here? Everything below is without Sharpshooter active. tl;dr version is my actual stats seem to be updating correctly, but the Advanced Tooltip is way out of wack.

1 - This was my EXISTING bow equipped; you can see my HP and just barely my damage there.
http://i.imgur.com/9ohNp.png

2 - Here is a new bow that I bought; notice how even though the stats are higher, the tooltip is showing that it will be a negative change (would need to do the math but I believe the stats would be the same but should be a green increase instead of red decrease).
[url]http://i.imgur.com/2SsnJ.png[/url]

3 - Here is the new bow equipped; you can't see the damage on the screenshot but that did go up accordingly (as opposed to what the tooltip showed) and you CAN see in the screenshot that my HP did go up accordingly due to the Vit increase from bow to bow.
[[url]http://i.imgur.com/1akrp.png[/url]

4 - As an added twist, look at the tooltip now for my old bow when comparing to my equipped new crossbow. What the fuck?
[url]http://i.imgur.com/kSCSr.png[/url]

I'm continuing to check but I have no fucking idea what's causing this and I'm starting to trip out thinking I somehow got some sort of glitched item; however my actual stats OD seem to correctly reflect all changes, just the tooltips are showing wacky shit. It also doesn't seem to be affecting any other gear/changes. And again SS is not active (Archery is, but wouldn't show anything like this), and even if it was that wouldn't explain the HP disparities.[/QUOTE]

Remove your quiver and check the comparison stats again.

edit beaten ofc...and dp as well :(

MrDaravon

Remove Quiver and try again.

Okay, it seems to be quiver related; if I have NO quiver equipped the tooltip reflects changes correctly, but if I have ANY quiver equipped (not just the one above) it goes to wack again with the same numbers. Is this a known thing or something? I've equipped and compared a ton of bows before and never had this happen.

Neki

Did that to me after 1.03 too. Changed bows to a higher dps bow, showed negative change with tooltip, equipped, DPS went up.

weird bug

MrDaravon

Thanks for the answers guys, was losing my mind.

Looking at that 1250 dps xbow make me realise how much crit chance and socket actually give.

Yeah, but getting that stuff on a bow is super, super expensive :(. I made 8.5 million overnight on a ring, so I was okay with spending most of that on this bow since it's about a 2500 DPS upgrade plus the extra health, which is a big deal primarily for my ~200% MF/GF set. That gear is obviously weaker than my "main" gear, so that kind of boost will be a big help, and will probably pay for itself pretty quickly.

Sigmaah

looks good enough to me, provided you have some all res and you dps isn't with sharpshooter at 100%

I think that is my DPS with sharpshooter at 100 lol, my DPS was at 30K earlier but I had to equip gear with RES and armor and that's what dropped it down to 25K :<

idlewild_

Okay, it seems to be quiver related; if I have NO quiver equipped the tooltip reflects changes correctly, but if I have ANY quiver equipped (not just the one above) it goes to wack again with the same numbers. Is this a known thing or something? I've equipped and compared a ton of bows before and never had this happen.

It's a known bug. If you compare your current equipment to a 2h ranged weap, the comparison function thinks you need to un-equip your quiver in order to use a 2h weapon (as you would have to do if you were wearing a 1h+shield instead, or dual-wielding, or 1h+off-hand as another class.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom