• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
you gotta have a pretty low value for your free time for this to be the main reason to play, as I don't see the expected return per hour being anything more than a few bucks

I don't play for the $ but the guy was complaining that finding loot wasn't enough in a loot game so in my head that's one step beyond that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That was me, and that's cuz it was 1000$ when he sold it. Last I checked (4hrs ago), gold was at $3/mil

The RMAH is so disjointed relative to GAH

Had a 850 DPS monk hand weapon with 500 life on hit with a socket...

Rough value on GAH? 25 mil gold

Value on RMAH? $125-150

A near doubling in value

Definity

So I've been selling 5$ and 10$ items here and there...finally sold a couple 30$ items back to back. This game man...this f'n game.

Ashhong

That was me, and that's cuz it was 1000$ when he sold it. Last I checked (4hrs ago), gold was at $3/mil

Wow, gold value dropped by half?

GAF, how much is this sword worth to me? I really want to upgrade, and have like 2.5mil max, but don't want to spend too much over 1mil if possible. Is it any good?

cpDkD.jpg

edit: My current weapon is on the right. The one I want is ending in 45 minutes, and I am currently winning at 1 million..

You don't visit this thread that often...Someone paid 250mil gold which translates to, what was it GAF? like 2000$?

Yeah, I saw that. Fucking crazy. But, it's still fake money at that point so that seems hugely different in my mind from somone seriously plopping down $250 for something. Once you can actually sell gold on the RMAH, that will seem crazier to me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

GAF, how much is this sword worth to me? I really want to upgrade, and have like 2.5mil max, but don't want to spend too much over 1mil if possible. Is it any good?

cpDkD.jpg

edit: My current weapon is on the right. The one I want is ending in 45 minutes, and I am currently winning at 1 million..

I don't know how you get by in Inferno without Life on Hit.

Ashhong

Yeah, I saw that. Fucking crazy. But, it's still fake money at that point so that seems hugely different in my mind from somone seriously plopping down $250 for something. Once you can actually sell gold on the RMAH, that will seem crazier to me.

I guess, but I assume someone with 250 MILLION gold knows about different forums that he can sell his gold to.

I don't know how you get by in Inferno without Life on Hit.

I am a wizard and I mainly use blizzard/venom hydra for damage with missile seeker as I kite a bit. Also, I am stuck in Act 2...so I haven't got by yet =P I want to upgrade!

dwebo

cpDkD.jpg

yeah, I don't play my wizard much, but I doubt that 18% increased crit damage (and losing gem slot flexibility) is worth 1m

RDreamer

Just had a great party through Act 4, though the game really screw with us. Three times we had 2 elite mobs spawn literally on top of each other. We were able to beat both of them the first time, then 1 of them the 2nd time. By the 3rd time we gave up and just went to Diablo with our 5 stack. Unfortunately we ran out of time before beating him, so the stack was gone...

They really have to code in something so elites can't spawn within a certain area of each other. It's really just crazy when two of them spawn next to each other with nasty mods that make each other worse (not that there are really many mods that two different elites can spawn that wouldn't make each other worse...)

RDreamer

Well god dammit! I can't upgrade my weapon for shit. I bought this axe for 150k on buyout, and can't find anything under 1.5 mil that is a good amount better.

Why don't you throw a cheap LOH gem into it and try and sell your current one for a good amount, then take that gold and what you want to spend now and get something that's really an upgrade. Your current one should be worth a good amount because of the socket and people wanting to put LOH gems into 'em.

Tapiozona

Banned
Anyone give me an approximate value of this Barb Axe I just found. Seems like a pretty decent roll. Also what about the blue sword I'm currently using...
My biggest sale so far in the AH was 300,000 for a blah legendary. I really have a hard time knowing what's good and what isnt.

Weapons.jpg

Just had a great party through Act 4, though the game really screw with us. Three times we had 2 elite mobs spawn literally on top of each other. We were able to beat both of them the first time, then 1 of them the 2nd time. By the 3rd time we gave up and just went to Diablo with our 5 stack. Unfortunately we ran out of time before beating him, so the stack was gone...

They really have to code in something so elites can't spawn within a certain area of each other. It's really just crazy when two of them spawn next to each other with nasty mods that make each other worse (not that there are really many mods that two different elites can spawn that wouldn't make each other worse...)

I had to fight three packs at once last night in act 2 that ended up spawning right next to each other. It was insane, so many walls, arcane beams and desecrator pools. Luckily they were quite weak monsters (wasps, fallen and overseers) so I managed to kill them after a few deaths thanks to them being next to a waypoint + adria and leah stopping them from regenerating. Something from the later acts like that would have been impossible.

Prodigal

Banned
So I found the plan for the Flawless Star Topaz...is this something worth keeping to profit off of? I could also just straight up sell the thing for 1 mil.

RDreamer

I had to fight three packs at once last night in act 2 that ended up spawning right next to each other. It was insane, so many walls, arcane beams and desecrator pools. Luckily they were quite weak monsters (wasps, fallen and overseers) so I managed to kill them after a few deaths thanks to them being next to a waypoint + adria and leah stopping them from regenerating. Something from the later acts like that would have been impossible.

One of the sets we got was those morlu things that summon meteors on your head with shielding and molten. That was the yellow guy with his minions. I didn't catch what else they had. Then the other set that spawned right on top of those was a set of blue witches (the ones that debuff your armor and stuff). They had arcane sentries, mortar, and possibly fast. I'm not sure. Those were the ones we managed to separate out and kill the witches. We skipped the other dudes.

The other set we ran into also had molten and were some of those meteor things. We had to just high tail it out of that situation since we all just got annihilated. Not only were there 2 packs, but this was in a freshly generated level so there was absolutely nowhere to kite and there were a metric ton of mobs around them.

The first ones we did manage to beat were some of those little guys. I think they had fast or something, and those big demon looking things in the first part of Act 4 that breath fire on you and stuff. Those ones had arcane and molten I think. The first part of Act 4 is nice for kiting.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU After like 175 hours my first Legendary drops while I'm on my low monk in Nightmare farming an event for the No stone unturned!

Holy crap. This is the worst piece of equipment I've ever seen,

Screenshot017.jpg

F D3 in the A.

aznpxdd

Anyone give me an approximate value of this Barb Axe I just found. Seems like a pretty decent roll. Also what about the blue sword I'm currently using...
My biggest sale so far in the AH was 300,000 for a blah legendary. I really have a hard time knowing what's good and what isnt.

Weapons.jpg

Won't get much for that 2 hander. The 2 hander market is so saturated, you can find ones with much better stats than that for under 500k.

theta11

Well god dammit! I can't upgrade my weapon for shit. I bought this axe for 150k on buyout, and can't find anything under 1.5 mil that is a good amount better.

This what I was talking about a couple pages back. At around 850 dps weapons generally affordable. After that they go up in price exponentially for very little gains in DPS.

Ilive1up

so, i've been running act 1 a couple times with my 60 WD on inferno.

also, been looking at the AH. what should i be focusing on? Int and Vit right? should i be looking for health on hit and resistance too?

also, any recommended builds?

Tapiozona

Banned
Won't get much for that 2 hander. The 2 hander market is so saturated, you can find ones with much better stats than that for under 500k.

That sucks. I got really excited when I first saw it because the DPS was over 1000 and it seemed like a solid roll for a barbarian. Back to farming I guess.

Seth C

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU After like 175 hours my first Legendary drops while I'm on my low monk in Nightmare farming an event for the No stone unturned!

Holy crap. This is the worst piece of equipment I've ever seen,

Screenshot017.jpg

F D3 in the A.

Either of those armors would be the best I've ever seen in this game. My drop luck is so, so bad. :(

RDreamer

is it better to put stuff on the AH with no buyout?

I think the theory is to put some kind of buyout, just a bit higher, that way people who put in max buyouts will see your stuff.

I just put up a bow that I think undersold because I didn't put a buyout. I only had a starting bid, and I was hoping people would bid it up, but on the weapons market I kind of think no one actually saw the damned thing.

These are still not getting any attention. Any one have estimate how much these are worth? I tried with 30 million, but I guess that was too much even though there wasn't anything like this on AH at that time.

pants.jpg

Tried to sell these in the GAH, but I probably priced them too high. Now trying to get some real money from these. Did not find many similar ones in the EU RMAH, so don't know how much they will go for. Also seems like the EU RMAH is not as crazy with the 250€ purchases as US.

Yeah not a real upgrade. As a wizard, I still look for fast attack weapons (daggers etc) as they multiply the damage from your off-hand source, and so improve dps. worth considering.

Shouta

Hrm, apparently the bodypiece I got for 3.5 mil a week or two ago is up to 40-50 mil for something with comparable stats. I haven't played a whole ton the last few days because I'm prepping for Evo so I put it up on the RMAH for 250. If it sells, HURRAY! If not, I may try the Gold AH.

Any idea what I should try to sell them for RM or gold, I tried a 2.5 mill buyout I think based on some of the prices I saw on the AH but no takers so I didn't know if I priced it too high or just got unlucky and could actually sell them for more

You don't get unlucky on the AH, every item is checked lots of times and if it's too expensive it won't sell cuz it's overpriced

Ashhong

This what T was talking about a couple pages back. At around 850 dps weapons generally affordable. After that they go up in price exponentially for very little gains in DPS.

Yeah not a real upgrade. As a wizard, I still look for fast attack weapons (daggers etc) as they multiply the damage from your off-hand source, and so improve dps. worth considering.

Yea thanks for the tips. I think I might try to resell the weapon and use it to buy a better upgrade, maybe up to 2 mil or something. For now I have focused on improving my other shit. I just spent maybe about 1.5 mil or so on items that got my DPS from 30k to 35k. I think I did ok. And that's before selling all of my old stuff which should sell decently.

Ketch

Well rolling around the beginning of act 2 now, gettin stacks.

The sorocco caves are a bitch, and then I pulled 2 elite groups. Imps with fire chains, fast, avenger, lightning, and wasps with jailer, vortex, arcane, molten. FUCK ME. I eventually killed them but died 3 times total repair was like 14k.

My life per second is up to 1300.. and now I'm getting to the point where I won't be able to snipe any upgrades in the 200-500k range anymore... 1mil entry price per piece from now is kind of a bummer.

Also, I sold my first RMAH item today! But when I listed it I was putting up a bunch of stuff and I must not have put it back on paypal for every item because this one went to blizzard bucks. It was only 3.99 total profit, but I still got pretty bummed out when I realized it still wasn't real money. It shouldn't fuckin reset to blizzard bucks between posting items like that... it's fucking sneaky bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom