• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Spirit regen (+8 i think) The passive and the healing mantra rune? I have no idea i've never played a monk past level 10

Ketch

Yea I think you can also reduce the cost of skill as well.... for some reason I always call that skill "breaking wind" but I know that's not right.

edit: SWEEPING wind! yea, that makes a lot more sense.

eek5

Yea I think you can also reduce the cost of skill as well.... for some reason I always call that skill "breaking wind" but I know that's not right.

Tempest Rush. I don't think there is anything to reduce it. FWIW, you used to be able to do this without passives/skills by stacking spirit regen but Blizzard added a hard equipment cap in 1.0.3 to spirit regen (I think it's around 6.18/s or something)

Ketch

Seems like it would be really hard to die like that... i guess waller would really suck.. but if it's causing knockback and your just constant doing little circles around them how would they be able to get any attacks off?

Artanisix

It's almost too easy to troll Kripp's viewers. Just sitting here saying monks are op and need to be nerfed and how he's blowing through Inferno A4 with no effort at all (yes, I know he's playing in Nightmare).

RDreamer

Kripp's thing is pretty hilarious, but yeah he's using reduced level req items. With my DH I was using a reduced level req item I got at 48 and I could kill azmo and diablo with just caltrops. Elites were melting in literally seconds from stepping on even one of those.

Junie12

I am so gonna try that Monk build, time for my Wizard to take a rest! I'm gonna try this out on Hell first before taking it to Inferno though.

Switftlame

Neo Member
crafted these bad boys
8MQTK.jpg

MF/GF should be on something else, like an evolution of the Neph Valor. I liked Kripp's idea of Champion levels where killing more Champs would give you more intrinsic stat boosts plus MF.

So just because people don't want to put effort to make a dedicated equipment set to GF/MF and still have good stats they should just remove it ?

Maybe just give Natalya/Zunimasa/whatever set to every character on the server in next patch...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So what types of items are people investing in? I suppose just high-quality items in general? Investing in legendaires seems unwise since they're being changed, and I'm sorta nervous about investing in crit chance/crit damage stuff. Weapons seem like they'll be pretty solid since hardly anybody crafts them.

Too bad sojs are kinda shitty in this game.

Should go for something, if they had movement speed it would have been big money.

Should go for a mil or two, maybe. The lack of resists kinda hurts it, but the armor makes up for it a little.

Shouta

Heh, I tried what Kripp was doing back during 1.02 before the Inferno nerf. Not as useful but fun at higher levels. Though, it might be a little safer to do that for a long time instead of just sitting there and dealing damage to monsters. And Inferno nerfs.

eek5

Should go for a mil or two, maybe. The lack of resists kinda hurts it, but the armor makes up for it a little.

177 armor is roughly equivalent to 18 resists so it doesn't add that much. I don't think people value life/sec at all even though it is a good stat.

Fast search on AH:

Cy5K2.png

WBZND.png

desverger

Finally starting to survive even the most annoying champ/elite packs in Inferno Act I with my Barb - took a while and was damn frustrating before I did, but here we are.

The stats I'm comfortable with are
5,5k armor
18k dps with Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage rune so +30%)
500 ish resist all, 700 phys resist
5,5k Armor

Here's my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRikP!bYZ!acbacZ

Do you other Barbarians there favour Ignore Pain or Overpower (with Crushing Advance)? Ignore Pain with Ignorance is Bliss rune is even better than a health pot and a great panic button, but I feel like Overpower/Crushing Advance is giving me more overall mitigation and some dps output too.

Also, I'm currently using Battle Rage and Frenzy with Sidearm, but would it be better to slot Frenzy with Maniac (+20% damage boost) and swap Battle Rage to some aoe skill like Cleave?

zoukka

Damn I think a kiting WD will lose a lot of its effectiveness when I move to act 3 full time. Don't know about a full tank doctor build... just doesn't feel like fun and why shouldn't I just roll a barb if I want to tank.

sleepykyo

So just because people don't want to put effort to make a dedicated equipment set to GF/MF and still have good stats they should just remove it ?

Maybe just give Natalya/Zunimasa/whatever set to every character on the server in next patch...

So because players don't want to kill elite packs instead of goblins, Blizzard should just leave mf/gf in?

Maybe just give max gf/mf (and roll back the pot/chest nerfs) to every character next patch.

linsivvi

So because players don't want to kill elite packs instead of goblins, Blizzard should just leave mf/gf in?

Maybe just give max gf/mf (and roll back the pot/chest nerfs) to every character next patch.

They should do this anyway. It's yet another knee jerk reaction change that makes no sense.

MrKnives

Damn I think a kiting WD will lose a lot of its effectiveness when I move to act 3 full time. Don't know about a full tank doctor build... just doesn't feel like fun and why shouldn't I just roll a barb if I want to tank.

I've been checking you out. I got to ask have you found all your gear yourself or through action house? I'm just curious because I can't find anything good. Like really, nothing at all.
I'm going through Act II Inferno with lvl 53 gear just because I can't find anything decent through mobs and at least my lvl 53 gear has lots of vit/strenght and some resist. I've done multiple Act I runs with full 5 stack valor but nothing. It's either shit or for someone else.

Haxxor

Finally starting to survive even the most annoying champ/elite packs in Inferno Act I with my Barb - took a while and was damn frustrating before I did, but here we are.

The stats I'm comfortable with are
5,5k armor
18k dps with Battle Rage (Marauder's Rage rune so +30%)
500 ish resist all, 700 phys resist
5,5k Armor

Here's my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRikP!bYZ!acbacZ

Do you other Barbarians there favour Ignore Pain or Overpower (with Crushing Advance)? Ignore Pain with Ignorance is Bliss rune is even better than a health pot and a great panic button, but I feel like Overpower/Crushing Advance is giving me more overall mitigation and some dps output too.

Also, I'm currently using Battle Rage and Frenzy with Sidearm, but would it be better to slot Frenzy with Maniac (+20% damage boost) and swap Battle Rage to some aoe skill like Cleave?

Except for amour, you have way better stats than I did when i made this (crappy) video, and still you have better stats than my barb currently has, and i've been cruising through act 1 and most of act 2.

Try the build I'm using and see if it helps?

zoukka

I've been checking you out. I got to ask have you found all your gear yourself or through action house? I'm just curious because I can't find anything good. Like really, nothing at all.
I'm going through Act II Inferno with lvl 53 gear just because I can't find anything decent through mobs and at least my lvl 53 gear has lots of vit/strenght and some resist. I've done multiple Act I runs with full 5 stack valor but nothing. It's either shit or for someone else.

Mostly AH after inferno. Usually it's one great item that I manage to sell for millions and then I can live off of that for a while. My first inferno gear was just sniped from AH. I stacked attack speed with int/vit/all resist and managed act2 just fine with gear that cost me about a million for the whole build. After the nerf my build took a huge hit and now I'm slowly making my way back to the former glory.

But yeah without AH you'll be in a world of slow burning hurt.

And to fellow Witch Doctors, I've been pondering on my third passive the two obvious ones being jungle fortitude and spirit vessel. Well after pierce the veil and bad medicine experimentations I just have to say that fetish sycophants is easily the best for act 2 purposes. The little creepers tank so much and thanks to high attack speed I always have a minimum of three of them.

I don't play bears anymore obviously.

Xamdou

Just found a plan: Exalted Fine Heaven Strand w/ 5 properties.

How much do these go for GAF? And is it worth it to craft and sell it?

ElyrionX

Is there any word on whether Blizzard is intending to add more search criteria to the AH search engine? The three stats restriction is really frustrating to deal with. And what about searching for sources via damage? Jesus christ, that's the most important stat on a source and we can't even filter on searches based on that alone?

I just leveled my DH to 60 and am trying Cluster Bombs with Loaded for Bear rune and Spike Traps with Scatter rune. The Spike Traps in particular seems to be really powerful and very hatred efficient. I wonder why I hardly see any DHs using that.

Rufus

Is there any word on whether Blizzard is intending to add more search criteria to the AH search engine? The three stats restriction is really frustrating to deal with. And what about searching for sources via damage? Jesus christ, that's the most important stat on a source and we can't even filter on searches based on that alone?
And a "Compare on AH" button that automatically fills in the fields for you.

I just leveled my DH to 60 and am trying Cluster Bombs with Loaded for Bear rune and Spike Traps with Scatter rune. The Spike Traps in particular seems to be really powerful and very hatred efficient. I wonder why I hardly see any DHs using that.

Yup, I loove using traps. I've got traps mapped to my secondary mouse button and I've got loaded for bear and fan of knives set too. With tactical advantage, I just run around doing burst damage. It's just so fun, haha. I've got 50 discipline, though.

Neki

Not enough slots. I already lose 3 slots because of SS, Shadow Power and Caltrops. I also need Bat Companion for Impale as it is very hatred draining, meaning I have zero slots left over. :p

desverger

Except for amour, you have way better stats than I did when i made this (crappy) video, and still you have better stats than my barb currently has, and i've been cruising through act 1 and most of act 2.

Try the build I'm using and see if it helps?

Seems like you opted for a way tankier build there :p

But, I'd forgotten about Furious Charge, think I'm gonna try it tonight and see how it works against big champ packs and as a replacement for Sidearm.

Superstition might also be fun.. All that arcane enchanted, molten and desecrator stuff counts as elemental damage, right?

zou

So, this ring dropped for me the other day. Didn't think it was worth much, but it seems most of the stats are at the higher end (except Crit dmg) and it rolled Dex + All Resist as magic properties, so not sure. EUAH only has 3 rings with similar properties at 5-20MM, but that might just be because it's an unusual roll. Can I actually get x MM for it?

(EU)
m42JA.png

Sigmaah

for my DH should I just focus on my DPS and not worry about resists and armor? seems like that's how it should be.

Also, what are monks main focus? being Tanks? I started a Monk and I wanna make sure he'll be able to handle inferno unlike my DH lol...

for my DH should I just focus on my DPS and not worry about resists and armor? seems like that's how it should be.

Also, what are monks main focus? being Tanks? I started a Monk and I wanna make sure he'll be able to handle inferno unlike my DH lol...

If you don't want to bancrupt with repair costs you need to be able to take at least a hit from mob.

Also saves a lot of frustration ;)

Sigmaah

If you don't want to bancrupt with repair costs you need to be able to take at least a hit from mob.

Also saves a lot of frustration ;)

I'm able to take a couple of hits with my current gear but I still die and then the mobs get all their health back, so that just frustrates me even more. I put in so much work just to get stuck from those rock traps and die...

As of now, I can't really stack without someone's help, I really wanna be able to stack by myself :<

Haxxor

Seems like you opted for a way tankier build there :p

But, I'd forgotten about Furious Charge, think I'm gonna try it tonight and see how it works against big champ packs and as a replacement for Sidearm.

Superstition might also be fun.. All that arcane enchanted, molten and desecrator stuff counts as elemental damage, right?

Yp those are elemental (edit -or so i think)

For me at least it worked way better with a tankier build then it did with a pure dps.I don't even have to move out of the elemental dmg, i just stand there and whack away... :p

I did most of act 2 with a 2h instead of the 1h+shield with the same build (lacked dps). It seems that it's the elemental dmg that kills me more than anything else.

Have you tried dropping one of hatred consuming attacks (you have awfully lot of them for build with no bat companion) and adding Shadow power with gloom ?

That way you have great way of healing and 65% reduction in dmg means you can actually tank for those 3 seconds.

I'm just going to assume that I actually have the highest bid even though it says, "Not winning" even though my bid is higher and my money hasn't been returned.

Love this AH, very much perfect.

Edit: Yeah, got outbid and got my money back. This AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom