• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Should I keep a bow that gives me 268 LoH which makes my overall DPS 24945 or switch it with a bow that makes my DPS 27945 and no LoH? I'd rather have LoH but I dunno if the damage increase is well worth the switch, SO MANY PROBLEMS

Realyn

A friend of mine just noticed this ... how was I able to craft those gloves with a 4 properties recipe ?

8TAux.jpg

I do believe there are modifiers that don't actually take a spot as a modifier for some bizarre reason. I have had crafted and dropped rares with more then 6 modifiers on them before.

Haxxor

Just throwing this out there, if anyone (on EU servers) needs help in finishing or grinding A1 Inferno just add:

VeZ#2618

Could do some grinding in A2, but if you are lacking dps, we might have a problem doing the whole act or killing some elites (enragetimers!!!).

Usually I'm online at about 20.00 just send me a msg ingame.

Stasis

I have no plans to sell all of my gear. For one, it's not worth anything, lol. And two, I still want to be able to come back periodically and play now and then. So I'm keeping my level 60 wizard geared as best as I can. Even though I've decided to stop playing inferno for now. Stuck at the beginning of Act II Inferno, and the game just isn't fun for me to progress anymore.

In order to get better gear to progress, I will need to farm Act I Inferno for it, or buy it off the AH. My problem is that I'm not getting drops that I can use from Inferno. Hell, I'm not even getting drops that I can auction off for any decent amount of gold. And I can't buy better gear off the AH because it simply costs too much gold to do so. I've tried farming for gold, but I die so often (due to my crappy gear) that my repair costs are preventing me from making any progress. Sure, I probably could slog it out and SLOWLY grind my gold up to buy a new piece of gear every few weeks from the AH, one piece at a time, but realistically I have better things to do with my time and I'm finding it more frustrating that fun at this point. I'd rather play some Minecraft or Starcraft or Warlock or Skyrim or any other number of games that I would find more fun.

And I find that seriously strange, because this wasn't the case AT ALL with Diablo II.

I played that game for YEARS, hell for over a decade, and it always felt fun and worth it. I always felt like I had the chance to actually make some headway in Diablo II. Criminey, Diablo II is still fun and a joy to play. With Diablo III, I just feel like I'm at a wall and being cockblocked in a not so fun way anymore at "endgame".

And I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, but it's definitely not the same feeling.

Either the loot curve is skewed in the wrong direction, or gold is just too hard to accumulate. Maybe it's the fact that most elite packs are so incredibly impossible while I'm melting through normal trash like a hot knife thru butter.

I miss re-rolling grand charms from Nightmare Act II in my hunt for more +skill charms. I miss re-rolling trash rings and ammys (for free) as a fun way to loot gamble. I miss running lower level bosses but still having the chance to find loot that I could actually use to improve my character. I miss hunting for runes to make my own gear, gear that I could actually use and not just vendor right away. I miss joining multiplayer games and being excited at the prospect of MORE loot, MORE gold, MORE monsters to slaughter. Mulitplayer just felt like more fun in Diablo II. It almost feels like a handicap in Diablo III. And for an online only game, that fact seems strangely inappropriate...

For now, I'm done with Inferno. My playtime with Diablo III will now be in getting one of every class up to 60, just to see how they all play there. Not in any rush though, because the lure of Inferno just isn't a good one for me. So I'm far from done with the game. But once I have five 60's, well unless things change I'll be done with the game then.

For a week or two now though I'm going back to other games. Maybe I'll start a new Skellimancer in Diablo II....

That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it right now, though I'd definitely sell my gear on the RMAH and call it quits if my gear was worth a decent amount. Since it's not, I'll just leave everything as is and hopefully return to it at some point... either out of boredom/false premature nostalgia, or due to a worthy patch. It's how most people I know feel about it too, so I believe that this is a relatively common opinion on the game.

I actually did manage to progress decently in Act 2 Inferno on both a monk and a DH, and believe I could have made it to Act 3, but it was just extremely tedious to me. I've never felt this way about an ARPG before, to the point where I wondered if it was me that had changed. Nope, I'm enjoying Path of Exile and D2 is still fun. Oh well.

so i am up to 700 res and 25k hp. Have some Auctions running that should bump that to almost 800res and 30k hp. Need a new 1000+ over my 880 one to get my dps back up to where i was. ACTII is going down tomorrow.

DSmalls84

Thought about buying an armor upgrade for 800k when all the other comparables were minimum 2 mil. Waited until this morning and it was gone. I need to start pulling the trigger faster on the GAH.

Mr Swine

Banned
Logged in to Diablo 3 now and I got a friend request, it was from a gold seller. Really great that they are going to harass people by sending friend invites :|

ElyrionX

Fun fact: The game doesn't add the time in the menus, on the AH or when the game is paused to your class /played statistics.

So how long have you been playing, GAF?

I'm at 263 hours.

I've been trying to find out whether the game counts the time spent in the AH but couldn't find that info anywhere lol

scy

I'm confused by what you just said.

lol, sorry. The +STR, +VIT Affix is two rolls, one for the +STR and one for the +VIT instead of rolling once to see what the value will be for both the attributes. It's still just the one affix, however. The same applies to +INT, +VIT or +DEX, +VIT or +STR, +DEX, and so-on all the way up to the +STR, +DEX, +INT, +VIT affix. Each value is rolled separately but they're all still one affix.

Basically, all of these are one affix:
+STR
+DEX
+INT
+VIT
+STR, +DEX
+STR, +INT
+STR, +VIT
+DEX, +INT
+DEX, +VIT
+INT, +VIT
+STR, +DEX, +INT, +VIT

And the value of each +Attribute on them is a separate roll.

Realyn

lol, sorry. The +STR, +VIT Affix is two rolls, one for the +STR and one for the +VIT instead of rolling once to see what the value will be for both the attributes. It's still just the one affix, however. The same applies to +INT, +VIT or +DEX, +VIT or +STR, +DEX, and so-on all the way up to the +STR, +DEX, +INT, +VIT affix. Each value is rolled separately but they're all still one affix.

Basically, all of these are one affix:
+STR
+DEX
+INT
+VIT
+STR, +DEX
+STR, +INT
+STR, +VIT
+DEX, +INT
+DEX, +VIT
+INT, +VIT
+STR, +DEX, +INT, +VIT

And the value of each +Attribute on them is a separate roll.
I'll try my best to sum this up in one sentence: If you get a dual attribute affix, both stats values get rolled separately. ;p

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

GJS

Anyone care to give me a ballpark on these?

fefb0.png

Not sure, gloves are difficult. Lack of Vitality hurts them.

It's a pain in the ass to find gloves on the AH due to the 3 filter limit.

There is a very similar pair on the AH sitting at 6.5mil buyout 6mil s/b with 54min left no bids so I don't think that will sell.

There is also very similar pair just listed 3 hours ago for 3.5mil buyout, 1 mil s/b. Don't know how that will go.

I imagine it will be worth at least 1mil to a light resist monk stacking crit, if they can find it.

LordCanti

Not sure, gloves are difficult. Lack of Vitality hurts them.

It's a pain in the ass to find gloves on the AH due to the 3 filter limit.

There is a very similar pair on the AH sitting at 6.5mil buyout 6mil s/b with 54min left no bids so I don't think that will sell.

There is also very similar pair just listed 3 hours ago for 3.5mil buyout, 1 mil s/b. Don't know how that will go.

I imagine it will be worth at least 1mil to a light resist monk stacking crit, if they can find it.

Those would be great DH gloves as well. I guess they could have IAS on them too, but 5.5% crit chance and 34% damage with that much Dex is huge.

Macattk15

Haven't logged in to Diablo in a few days.

Why does it feel like there is nothing to do in the gameeeeee! Why have you failed me Blizzard!

It's not fun enough to just grind items off mobs .... I don't know why I enjoyed it in D2 ... and hate it here, but that seems to be the case.

eek5

Anyone care to give me a ballpark on these?

fefb0.png

50k-3mil

Just check the AH. Search with 3 filters, then another 3, then another 3. Gloves are probably the most crafted item on the AH right now so the prices have been all over the place lately. Stuff you could sell for 300k 2 days ago goes for 10k now. Stuff that was 2mil is now 100k. You might undercut everyone and list for 1mil then search when you wonder why no one is buying it and find 5 of them just like yours listed for 500k. lol

SUPARSTARX

Why does it feel like there is nothing to do in the gameeeeee! Why have you failed me Blizzard!

It's not fun enough to just grind items off mobs .... I don't know why I enjoyed it in D2 ... and hate it here, but that seems to be the case.

I hope the game can last ten more years!

I hope the game can last ten more weeks.

zoukka

AH makes the game feel less mysterious and adventurish, is my guess. Also the post act1 locales aren't as varied nor interesting to look at. Archives of ZK being an exception.

SUPARSTARX

I put up a 58 resist chest with 70 str, 100 vita and 2 sockets with vit gems in it for 500k without really thinking and it went off like so fast -_-

eek5

AH makes the game feel less mysterious and adventurish, is my guess. Also the post act1 locales aren't as varied nor interesting to look at. Archives of ZK being an exception.

The fact that every dungeon is made of like 4 tiles doesn't really help either. I can basically run from the entrance to the exit without making a wrong turn 90% of the time. Gets old really fast

LordCanti

@Wizard GAF: What gem would you add to this helm to make the thing sell? It's been languishing on the RMAH. If I add a 15% life gem, that's 21% life PLUS the vita, plus the Int. For some reason I still don't think it would sell :p

A8bq3.jpg

The fact that every dungeon is made of like 4 tiles doesn't really help either. I can basically run from the entrance to the exit without making a wrong turn 90% of the time. Gets old really fast

I played an MMO in 1996 with more original and varied dungeons.

Is this combo way superior to what I currently have?

se21lb0ak92ph0d85cc.jpg

what I have

gloves_and_bootsnkykr.jpg

I am a Monk stacking arcane, will it be worthy to swap mine for those?
what would I be losing and gaining?

I think part of it is the lack of variation in/interesting stats. They're all pretty tame and there's nothing super fun or crazy to look forward to. I'd say this is a design failure as the huge focus/importance of primary stats is overwhelming. Primary stats really aren't that fun in a loot game where chasing better and better loot is a major part of the game, rather than, in say an MMO, the loot being seen primarily as a tool for defeating the ever-escalating content.

Hopefully the legendary patch fixes this somewhat, and I'm sure we'll see more complex affixes as time goes on between other patches and expansion(s).

Act 1 is the most polished and varied act. Act 2 I somewhat enjoy the oasis, and the archives are pretty great. Act 3 is pretty boring honestly, and Act 4 is too short, with so little randomization to be truly enjoyable.

DSmalls84

Barbgaf

What stats for farming act 3/4 inferno?

I have 16k dps
8k armor/ 500 all resist unbuffed
45k hp
Life regen and loh are about 390 each

Its getting to the point where i think im going to lose some hp or go damage when I change gear. What amount of health do you really need?

eek5

Act 1 is the most polished and varied act. Act 2 I somewhat enjoy the oasis, and the archives are pretty great. Act 3 is pretty boring honestly, and Act 4 is too short, with so little randomization to be truly enjoyable.

Yeah A4 is really short. I don't see why anyone would run it after they beat it once in Inferno considering how drops work anyway. There are like 10 champs total in the entire act and Diablo is guaranteed one level 52 rare with 5NV lol

syllogism

@Wizard GAF: What gem would you add to this helm to make the thing sell? It's been languishing on the RMAH. If I add a 15% life gem, that's 21% life PLUS the vita, plus the Int. For some reason I still don't think it would sell :p

A8bq3.jpg

I played an MMO in 1996 with more original and varied dungeons.
A crit chance or AP on crit gem oh wait

Junie12

Well I finally manage to beat Diablo in Inferno with my Barb friend.

Decide to sell my stuff in the RMAH for cheap and damn did they sell fast :eek:

Payed off the game with a cool hundred bucks so I'm happy :)

I'm gonna take a long break from this game, it was fun but man did it felt like a chore playing this game sometimes. I'll probably be back for PvP just to check it out but other than that, I'm done with the game now.

linsivvi

Is this combo way superior to what I currently have?

what I have

I am a Monk stacking arcane, will it be worthy to swap mine for those?
what would I be losing and gaining?

Taking intelligent into account, you lose very little resist and some crit chance but a huge gain in everything else. It's a no brainer.

Actually, you'd be losing $500 from selling those set items.

RDreamer

So, how do all you DHs do it? I've finally got mine to Act 2 inferno, but it's been a kind of rough ride. Now it's getting even rougher. I realized this with my Monk, but it's even more apparent on my DH. It seems like 80% of elites now have reflect damage, and a very large portion have mortar. Reflect damage in and of itself is annoying, mostly because I have to switch from my awesome bow to a little bit less awesome one with 800 life on hit. But I feel like even 800 life on hit isn't quite enough, which is crazy to me. My health still takes a hit even with that.

But, I can deal with reflect damage in and of itself. Mortar, however, I just don't get. Do you guys just die all the time on that too? The range on that stuff is absolutely insane, and it seems l like even though they supposedly fixed the inward range I'd still have to be right up on the mob in order to be "safe" from the mortars. How do you guys dodge those things from long range? The range is so long that I don't even see the stuff coming. In a lot of places and angles there's literally no warning. I'll try and stutter step, shoot and run shoot and run, but bam out of nowhere mortars hit.

LordCanti

A crit chance or AP on crit gem oh wait

Don't remind me that itemization is so broken that your item either rolls a popular affix or it's worthless.

So, how do all you DHs do it? I've finally got mine to Act 2 inferno, but it's been a kind of rough ride. Now it's getting even rougher. I realized this with my Monk, but it's even more apparent on my DH. It seems like 80% of elites now have reflect damage, and a very large portion have mortar. Reflect damage in and of itself is annoying, mostly because I have to switch from my awesome bow to a little bit less awesome one with 800 life on hit. But I feel like even 800 life on hit isn't quite enough, which is crazy to me. My health still takes a hit even with that.

But, I can deal with reflect damage in and of itself. Mortar, however, I just don't get. Do you guys just die all the time on that too? The range on that stuff is absolutely insane, and it seems l like even though they supposedly fixed the inward range I'd still have to be right up on the mob in order to be "safe" from the mortars. How do you guys dodge those things from long range? The range is so long that I don't even see the stuff coming. In a lot of places and angles there's literally no warning. I'll try and stutter step, shoot and run shoot and run, but bam out of nowhere mortars hit.

Smokescreen makes you immune to reflect damage, and caltrops will keep mortar enemies out of your range (unless they are also fast affix).

Jrmint

Disagree with your comment about locales. I think Act 3 looks absolutely awesome. Siege of Bastion's Keep is the greatest looking area in the game honestly.

syllogism

Don't remind me that itemization is so broken that your item either rolls a popular affix or it's worthless.

Smokescreen makes you immune to reflect damage, and caltrops will keep mortar enemies out of your range (unless they are also fast affix).
It's not worthless, but no one is going to pay real money for it hurr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom