• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier in that it's less squishy, I kited way more on my Wizard - that was the class I killed Diablo Inferno with pre-nerf. My DH does a lot more standing and murdering than my Wizard did.

Well on bosses yeah. Dropping hydra and running around like an idiot.

But on fast champ packs teleport has a CD and you only have slows? As opposed to a DH vaulting, trapping, and smoke screening all over the place.

But I'd like to be less squishy and go head to head more often if I could as a Wizard on non-bosses.

Is there a viable tankish wizard where you freeze a lot or smething?

Oh, still hate that one the most. I dunno I just feel its the worst affix they made and hopefully its removed. The rest no matter what you have a chance at splitting them up kiting them and taking them down one by one. Invulnerable is just a big fat gear check IMO.

All of inferno is a gear check. Theres currently no other means of progression in the game. Gear is it

CmdrWyrm

Neo Member
Oh, still hate that one the most. I dunno I just feel its the worst affix they made and hopefully its removed. The rest no matter what you have a chance at splitting them up kiting them and taking them down one by one. Invulnerable is just a big fat gear check IMO.

I split up an invulnerable pack too much on my barb one time, and ended up with the last two minions chasing me through the rest of the dungeon after I killed the leader. It sucked.

I split up an invulnerable pack too much on my barb one time, and ended up with the last two minions chasing me through the rest of the dungeon after I killed the leader. It sucked.

Haha that sucks didnt even know that could happen I'll have to make sure I don't do that.

Jockey

Neo Member
ZZAApl.jpg

Hello everyone I have been playing solo for a while since the people I usually played with quit and was looking for people to farm or play inferno. Jockey#1673 is my BattleTag.

moop1167

There's a ton of these up for like ridiculous prices. I don't really think they will sell. Any idea where you think I should go with this? Doesn't seem like the best roll either.

HPQrk.jpg

I sold some boots for 50 bucks and then I sold some ring for 8 mil in gold. Good day good day. Also had some good finds for a my DH that I'm considering keeping (ring with crit chance/damage/socket, only sucks that there is no dex).

Also if there is a boot giveaway happening, I'll take 10 :p

MrDaravon

Welp, I'm bored with the end game now. Seriously considering just crafting 50mil worth of boots and seeing what that does.

I wish I could get to the end game so I could be bored with it :(

Unless they do some changes soon I think I'm about done though. Act 2 I do fine, Act 3 is a brick wall. The drop changes helped a bit, but the problem is we have a 1% situation as the people who got to the end game before various nerfs hit are just way ahead of everyone else, and so there's this weird bubble where low-end inferno stuff is cheap on the AH, but upgrades past that are prohibitively expensive. With ~200% MF/GF gear (without NV) I can farm Act 1 relatively efficiently and clear 150-200k an hour assuming I don't get anything worth selling (which is often), but with this "bubble" most of my gear has gone from around a million to upgrade to at least 5 million if not way more. I'm still playing the game, but I honestly have no idea why. I really wish there were randomized areas to break up the monotony as well.

Hoping that the rumor about PSO2 being announced for US tomorrow is true, or even failing that I think I'm going to look into the Torchlight 2 beta and see if that's still going or something.

soo much thisss

we got first dibs, walterpyro
you go when I say you go

/heisenberg

I wish I could get to the end game so I could be bored with it :(

Unless they do some changes soon I think I'm about done though. Act 2 I do fine, Act 3 is a brick wall. The drop changes helped a bit, but the problem is we have a 1% situation as the people who got to the end game before various nerfs hit are just way ahead of everyone else, and so there's this weird bubble where low-end inferno stuff is cheap on the AH, but upgrades past that are prohibitively expensive. With ~200% MF/GF gear (without NV) I can farm Act 1 relatively efficiently and clear 150-200k an hour assuming I don't get anything worth selling (which is often), but with this "bubble" most of my gear has gone from around a million to upgrade to at least 5 million if not way more. I'm still playing the game, but I honestly have no idea why. I really wish there were randomized areas to break up the monotony as well.

Hoping that the rumor about PSO2 being announced for US tomorrow is true, or even failing that I think I'm going to look into the Torchlight 2 beta and see if that's still going or something.
honestly if you reached that point where you just can't do well anymore, just find some good tanks and co-op it so you can get past whatever you need to get past.

Dahbomb

So what's the word on patch 1.1? What are some of the changes that we can expect in the upcoming patches aside from Legendary buffs and PvP?

There's a ton of these up for like ridiculous prices. I don't really think they will sell. Any idea where you think I should go with this? Doesn't seem like the best roll either.

HPQrk.jpg

What makes you think it wont sell? :p i checked those as well and not a single one is less than 15m. If they werent selling, the prices would be lower. If you just want to move it, put it at 13m and it will probably sell instantly

I went back to act 3 today after taking a break and sticking with act 2, and i dont remember the drop rates being this good. Im getting quite a few ilvl 63 weapons, and its very noticeable compared to act 2. This actually makes me even more excited for 1.03b, because im already liking the drop rate. If it goes up more this will be great

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I went back to act 3 today after taking a break and sticking with act 2, and i dont remember the drop rates being this good. Im getting quite a few ilvl 63 weapons, and its very noticeable compared to act 2. This actually makes me even more excited for 1.03b, because im already liking the drop rate. If it goes up more this will be great
Act 1 and 2 drop rates need to go up as well. Giving better gear for people who can farm act 3 and 4 is stupid and monopolizing. You don't need gear for shit you can clear.

Dahbomb

Absolutely clueless on selling amulets on the GAH. I'm not even sure how to search for something like this either ;\ Any help?
kT216.jpg
Checked the AH, similar Amulets are going for 10 million+. Might be more because the ones I compared to didn't have 25% MF or 9% life(I put in Strength, Vit and Socket into the search field). I say 15 million give or take.

Anyway to view an item after you've sold it? I'm always curious to see which item it was that sold for future pricing

Hit enter to open an empty chat window (not targeted to any specific channel) and shift click the gold icon (not the numeric value though, has to be the icon of the gold stack). This will link it and when you press enter it will say "[Item] is not a valid chat recipient". Click it there to see the stats

Act 1 and 2 drop rates need to go up as well. Giving better gear for people who can farm act 3 and 4 is stupid and monopolizing. You don't need gear for shit you can clear.

Act 1 and 2 drop rates already went up (previously nothing good could drop there at all). 3/4 went down. *That* is the issue

I dont think 1/2 need to go up, ive gotten a ton of valuable stuff there post patch

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Act 1 and 2 drop rates already went up (previously nothing good could drop there at all). 3/4 went down. *That* is the issue

I dont think 1/2 need to go up, ive gotten a ton of valuable stuff there post patch
Act 3 rates are shit compared to before right? Getting you into 4 looking very bleak? Well, 1 and 2 rates are shit compared to shit. If they nerf act 1 or 2 that's going to be stupid. Which, yes, is speculation. They need to be buffed, along with 3.

It was stupid to begin with. Having the gear your need to clear act 3 and 4 drop in act 3 and 4.

And it's stupid that people in act 3 and 4 should have an easier time getting gear for a gear check game when there's not much beyond 3/4.

t0mp

Well I've been lurking this thread for awhile and thought I'd post. I've got 2 level 60's (a DH and a monk), the monk in inferno a2, DH in inferno a1.

Wanted to post my battle tag if anyone wanted to play in a group - I've only played with one other guy for pretty much the whole time.

feel free to add me: t0mp#1444

LordCanti

HPQrk.jpg

Who knows what anything will sell for anymore. I've been trying to sell off this ring for a pretty long time now, and no one wants it:

s4xqN.jpg

I know it's only 6% IAS thanks to the stupid 1.0.3 nerf, but I'd think 11% guaranteed additional damage plus a main stat, plus vita, plus 6% life, PLUS 6% IAS, plus freaking life regen, would be a winning combo. Unless "demons" refers to some ridiculously small subset of enemies. Isn't everything in the game (except the cultists) a demon?

Hit enter to open an empty chat window (not targeted to any specific channel) and shift click the gold icon (not the numeric value though, has to be the icon of the gold stack). This will link it and when you press enter it will say "[Item] is not a valid chat recipient". Click it there to see the stats

This doesn't seem to do anything.

nitric0

Checked the AH, similar Amulets are going for 10 million+. Might be more because the ones I compared to didn't have 25% MF or 9% life(I put in Strength, Vit and Socket into the search field). I say 15 million give or take.

Yeah I tried putting in different variations into the search field but couldn't find anything close to it. You think I should set the buyout to 15M?

This doesn't seem to do anything.

Err, tested it just now and it works fine. On the completed items tab when you have gold waiting to be sent to your stash, press enter. The cursor starts flashing at the bottom of the screen meaning you can type. Now shift click the gold stack icon. It links the item into text entry window. Now press enter to send the message, and then you can click the link.

If you were in a channel already then it will send the message to the channel instead. For me, I'm not in any channels so it just says

[Item] Not a valid chat recipient.

Dahbomb

I'll be honest and say you should ask for more opinions. The ring has a lot of useful values on it and it's hard to put a value on it personally. Like it depends on how much a Barbarian looking for a MF Amulet is willing to pay for that.

MrDaravon

Who knows what anything will sell for anymore. I've been trying to sell off this ring for a pretty long time now, and no one wants it:

s4xqN.jpg

I know it's only 6% IAS thanks to the stupid 1.0.3 nerf, but I'd think 11% guaranteed additional damage plus a main stat, plus vita, plus 6% life, PLUS 6% IAS, plus freaking life regen, would be a winning combo. Unless "demons" refers to some ridiculously small subset of enemies. Isn't everything in the game (except the cultists) a demon?

I think I remember reading that pretty much only bosses fell under "demon" but i have no idea if that's accurate or not.

LordCanti

Err, tested it just now and it works fine. On the completed items tab when you have gold waiting to be sent to your stash, press enter. The cursor starts flashing at the bottom of the screen meaning you can type. Now shift click the gold stack icon. It links the item into text entry window. Now press enter to send the message, and then you can click the link.

If you were in a channel already then it will send the message to the channel instead. For me, I'm not in any channels so it just says

[Item] Not a valid chat recipient.

Oh the gold still has to be in the completed tab? That explains why it wasn't working. I was clicking the "gold icon" (the picture of one gold coin next to the amount on the completed tab).

I think I remember reading that pretty much only bosses fell under "demon" but i have no idea if that's accurate or not.

-_-

If that's true....fuck.

Oh the gold still has to be in the completed tab? That explains why it wasn't working. I was clicking the "gold icon" (the picture of one gold coin next to the amount on the completed tab).

Ahh, yea once you send the gold to stash, it's gone and there's no way to retrieve the stats anymore. Would be nice if they made that possible eventually.

scy

Surprisingly, the amount of enemies classified as "Demon" is pretty small.

LordCanti

I'll try it one more time on the RMAH before just getting my gold back for it. I bought it really cheap, so it shouldn't be that difficult.

The itemization in this game.... two different names for life steal, two for increased attack speed... and now "demons" doesn't refer to everything in a game where most things are got'damn demons.

It's like they have no idea what they're doing.

Conceptor

How much would one value a pair of boots with 150 primary stat/80 VIT/50 AR/ +10-12 MS for? I've been looking for a pair like that lately but being limited by 3 search fields is really annoying, and if I do find one it's in the 10s of millions..

How much would one value a pair of boots with 150 primary stat/80 VIT/50 AR/ +10-12 MS for? I've been looking for a pair like that lately but being limited by 3 search fields is really annoying, and if I do find one it's in the 10s of millions..

10s of millions is about right

Neki

6-10 mil

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

What class are you? If I craft a pair like that I'll give you the GAF discount.

I dunno but if someones crafting in next 30 mins I'm down for a few pairs of gloves/boots/maybe a weapon?. I just havent been home when I've seen people ask so far.

linsivvi

Some stats. I have 210K life time kills between 2 level 60 characters and a level 10 hardcore barb. According to the achievement tab my DH has killed 58K demons. So I think it's not that small, just very much concentrated on the later acts.

Wish there's a way to see more detailed stats especially by character breakdowns.

moop1167

HPQrk.jpg

Okay someone took the buyout at 20m. I was not expecting that within an hour. The only bids on these currently are in the ~10m range with the buyouts being super high. Maybe I got lucky.

foladar

Update on the Inferno drop rates and 1.0.3b (it's delayed, drop rates aren't):

In general we tend to not provide release dates or specific timeframes for patches due to the complexity of the updates, and the possibility that we’ll discover an issue that keeps us from releasing it on time. We discovered a few such issues late into the testing of 1.0.3b, which means it won’t hit this week as previously mentioned.

However, we know that a number of changes in 1.0.3b have been highly anticipated, and so we spent the better part of today pulling specific changes that did not run into testing issues out of 1.0.3b, and turning them into hotfixes. These include the Inferno drop increases among a couple others, and will be applied with off-peak rolling restarts tomorrow morning. We’ll also be updating the June hotfix blog with specific changes (including new drop rates) tomorrow morning after we manage to wrangle up a cup of coffee

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5969147067

scy

Some stats. I have 210K life time kills between 2 level 60 characters and a level 10 hardcore barb. According to the achievement tab my DH has killed 58K demons. So I think it's not that small, just very much concentrated on the later acts.

Wish there's a way to see more detailed stats especially by character breakdowns.

It's mostly Act 3 and 4; 1-2 are a little limited on them. I think it's a good stat but I think there's good reason it's so huge (10%+) instead of around 5-6% :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom