• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

I really hate how vague they always are with these changes. Why can't they just post the real % loot increase? (instead of that bullshit % they gave for 1.03)

eek5

Update on the Inferno drop rates and 1.0.3b (it's delayed, drop rates aren't):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5969147067

I love the thread title. People were probably so mad before clicking on it.

I really hate how vague they always are with these changes. Why can't they just post the real % loot increase? (instead of that bullshit % they gave for 1.03)

They said they're going to post the new rates tomorrow in the june hotfix thread. And the % they gave in 1.0.3 design preview were 100% accurate; we just didn't know or realize that rates before 1.0.3 were higher for A3/4

Prodigal

Banned
Anyone wanna do Inferno Whimsy? I can't solo the champs but more people would definitely help.

(Add me if you want to: Pravus#1855)

eek5

It says rolling restarts in off peak hours. And hotfix. So i suspect there will be some downtime, but 90% of players wont notice, and even then it will be much shorter than usual

Morning hotfix reboots usually don't even log me out. If you leave game and try to start a new one it just won't work for a couple mins then you can start a game again after game servers start back up.

Neki

qNMQZ.png

first good drop from Act 3 in such a long time

RDreamer

Okay someone took the buyout at 20m. I was not expecting that within an hour. The only bids on these currently are in the ~10m range with the buyouts being super high. Maybe I got lucky.

I think you got lucky with the drop. A cold stacking monk would go gaga over that (and probably is).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Got the plan for wonderous deflectors to drop from an act 3 resplendent chest. Woo?

I wonder if I should buy all the shitty legendary recipes while they're cheap.

Cipherr

Whatd they do to nerf Invulnerable? Seems to me its still a group of people I cant kill and stay invulnerable forever and you have to take the leader down which is impossible because you have a bunch of invulnerable shitheads attacking you.

Someone said it already but they nerfed the leaders HP. Its still badly designed and needs to go though. Its rough on a ranged that doesnt have a piercing ability where the minions can block your projectiles to the main one. Not to mention melee cant generate resources on an infinite invulnerable shield.

Truth be told. Invulnerability is bad design IMO. Just bad, noone like it. Its cheap and its lazy. Shielding and Invulnerability also have too much synergy with their goddamn enrage timers. Getting a champ pack with Fast, thats a native "Fuck you Im gonna run away every time you get within 2 feet of me" + shielding and whatnot is a recipe for enrage timers. Invulnerability needs to go.

I split up an invulnerable pack too much on my barb one time, and ended up with the last two minions chasing me through the rest of the dungeon after I killed the leader. It sucked.

This is another good reason for it to go. Just lazy ass game design man.

balddemon

Banned
tryin to switch to a dps oriented barb. well it's not doing so well. normally i can just sit and hammer act 3 mobs, but i have a little trouble with elites.

switched to dual wielding, and have a star amethyst in each. both about 780 dps swords, get up to 1.69 aps.

i got melted by the first pack i saw , lol.
probably just need better gear(more str and vit on each piece), so back to act 1.

btw how do u guys get to like 58k dps. i have 14k with what i got now. thats with 1344 str.
666 all resist
7.4k armor
600 loh

ediT: guess i have 49k with wotb and marauders rage

rCIZZLE

Even in real-time RPGs, many animations are abstractions of what's happening behind the scenes. And Diablo 3 doesn't have an active dodge, unless you count invulnerability skills.

Cyopl.png

An argument can be made this is a skill that improves active dodging. (vs simply running away)

For game balance reasons, as I'm sure you're well aware. The arrows move at a speed which allows them to be avoided by an already-moving target, not sidestepped by a previously-stationary target.

They decided to make the arrows slow. If they didn't want me to actively dodge them then they should have made them faster instead of making the animations not match what's happening.

So you're redefining "polish" to mean "works the way I want it to work". And there's a difference between a faulty hitbox and a non-existent hitbox:

I said the lack of polish comes from the animations not matching what's going on. For a real time game, that's unpolished.

Regular melee: Range check prior to animation; no hitbox used.
Fast ranged: Check to see if target is stationary prior to animation; if yes, no hitbox used.
All other attacks: Hitbox used and works properly, unless there's lag. Includes melee attacks with a wind-up, ranged spells, and arrows/spears used against already-moving targets.

Wouldn't it be simpler to do away with this gibberish and have all attacks work on a hitbox system?

One last question: do you think the current system of animations meaning nothing is superior to hitboxes and would actually prefer it to be used in other games? I can understand people accepting it but defending it... I don't get that.

And yes, I was bored enough to respond to this.

tryin to switch to a dps oriented barb. well it's not doing so well. normally i can just sit and hammer act 3 mobs, but i have a little trouble with elites.

switched to dual wielding, and have a star amethyst in each. both about 780 dps swords, get up to 1.69 aps.

probably just need better gear(more str and vit on each piece), so back to act 1.

btw how do u guys get to like 58k dps. i have 14k with what i got now. thats with 1344 str.
666 all resist
7.4k armor
600 loh

Crit%, Crit Damage, Battle Rage, and changing one (or two) of your passives to an offensive passiev like Berseker's Rage, Weapon Master, etc

nitric0

LOL. Did the stupefy barb build for Act 3 and it was quite a success. Always had an elite or two fighting with me for a few seconds doing massive damage :lol

Anustart

I sold something for 20.40 evidently and don't know what :/ Whatever it was it was bought with the buyout. I need to take pictures of everything :(

Totakeke

Does molten do more damage than plagued or something? I can take actual hits from elites all day long in Act 3, but when any of them have molten, my health drops like crazy.

Cipherr

Does molten do more damage than plagued or something? I can take actual hits from elites all day long in Act 3, but when any of them have molten, my health drops like crazy.

Isnt molten the one that stacks? I cant recall but I know that I can stand in 1 stack of the fire one that stacks up, but when it gets to 2 or three it starts to really eat at my health hardcore.

It still has nothing on Arcane beams though. I swear to god it seems like resists does NOTHING to mitigate those goddamn beams damage. Its like the damage they deal is percentage of HP based.

eek5

Isnt molten the one that stacks? I cant recall but I know that I can stand in 1 stack of the fire one that stacks up, but when it gets to 2 or three it starts to really eat at my health hardcore.

It still has nothing on Arcane beams though. I swear to god it seems like resists does NOTHING to mitigate those goddamn beams damage. Its like the damage they deal is percentage of HP based.

I think plague is the one that stacks. I can stand in it usually but sometimes my health will just start to drain at an insanely fast rate that I can't outheal. Could just be my imagination though.

Molten starts to do more damage the longer you stand in it, I think.

HenryHSH

I wonder if I should buy all the shitty legendary recipes while they're cheap.

I thought about it a few days ago but they could just add new buffed items/recipes and let the ones that already exist die off.

666 all resist
7.4k armor
600 loh

I'm pretty sure you need to stack crit chance/dmg to be effective as a DPS barb. 20k base dps doing 150k crits using revenge is nice. Too bad I decided to flip the weapon I was using.

eek5

It's most likely your build. I have pretty high resis/armor and I tried DW for a bit and took way more damage than I was expecting in A2. You need to run ignore pain, leap/iron impact, and maybe even overpower to mitigate the damage then just use your high DPS to kill everything before it can hurt you.

What are the item level drop rates for Pony land now? Did they change at all in the last patch?

Same as a3/4

The elite regens health way too fast. I died once and was back like literally 5 seconds and they were already at full health again. Fighting reflect mobs is do-able but just tedious as fuck for me, as I have to wait between longass cooldowns between doing burst damage safely.

Kiting around for minutes laying traps, managing cooldowns only to be fucking destroyed mentally by fully regening elites. What ever happened to that you having to die 3 times? This is why playing solo is so maddening now. At least when you've got a partner with you, you don't have to worry about going through some of those tedious affixes just because you rubber banded back into a wall or into a firepool.

eek5

The elite regens health way too fast. I died once and was back like literally 5 seconds and they were already at full health again. Fighting reflect mobs is do-able but just tedious as fuck for me, as I have to wait between longass cooldowns between doing burst damage safely.

Kiting around for minutes laying traps, managing cooldowns only to be fucking destroyed mentally by fully regening elites. What ever happened to that you having to die 3 times? This is why playing solo is so maddening now. At least when you've got a partner with you, you don't have to worry about going through some of those tedious affixes just because you rubber banded back into a wall or into a firepool.

Pretty sure Blizz wants you to kite them to the checkpoint so you can continue to death zerg them. Game is working as intended /s

foladar

Tomorrow's restart is up on Breaking News on login:

We'll be restarting the Diablo III servers at approximately 5:00am PDT, June 28 which may cause some interruption in communication, inability to log in, or disconnections. We anticipate they'll be completed at approximately 7:00am PDT.

Weird, usually the restarts are 15 mins, that's some awfully long restarts.

RDreamer

Fucking hell! One really shitty thing about the NV mechanic is if you get disconnected you're fucked. Just got a 5 stack with a great party that would have probably continued to 5 stack to diablo.... Disconnected

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck I'm so pissed right now

Pretty sure Blizz wants you to kite them to the checkpoint so you can continue to death zerg them. Game is working as intended /s

Haha, yeah. I was at the checkpoint and I could even see the phase beasts foot/sword a little on screen, but when I hovered over his HP, it was full again. Screw going through all that again, I'll just find some elite succubi/Skeletal Archers/Skull cleavers/Scorpions for me to murder.

edit: they're hotfixing the loot? Yay. :D

RDreamer

Haha, yeah. I was at the checkpoint and I could even see the phase beasts foot/sword a little on screen, but when I hovered over his HP, it was full again. Screw going through all that again, I'll just find some elite succubi/Skeletal Archers/Skull cleavers/Scorpions for me to murder.

edit: they're hotfixing the loot? Yay. :D

There's got to be a bug with the healing. I've had some really weird instances where they instantly healed when I respawned right next to them. That can't be by design, surely.

eek5

There's got to be a bug with the healing. I've had some really weird instances where they instantly healed when I respawned right next to them. That can't be by design, surely.

They regen to full health when out of combat for like 6 seconds now. It's an incredibly stupid mechanic when stacked with the increased repair costs. Hey let's punish a player twice for dying! :blizzard:

I thought it was a 1.03 thing but, I got killed by a pack when I was playing my barb in Nightmare and they didn't heal even with a fairly lengthy walk back.

They probably just threw it in Inferno to fuck with people

I thought it was a 1.03 thing but, I got killed by a pack when I was playing my barb in Nightmare and they didn't heal even with a fairly lengthy walk back.

Yeah, death timers and health regen is an Inferno thing only.

Totakeke

I think plague is the one that stacks. I can stand in it usually but sometimes my health will just start to drain at an insanely fast rate that I can't outheal. Could just be my imagination though.

Yeah, there's some mechanic to Molten I don't understand. Also Molten seems to be far worse on fast elites. Plus the molten elites tend to surround you similar to Fire Chains which seems to increase the damage you take rather than fight you head on. Plagued is simple to identify and avoid, molten's range is usually deceiving.

Also, dat Ghom.

I swear there were couple of instances of ridiculous rubberbanding and/or animation mistakes causing invisible clouds. I stood just outside the edge of the poison clouds which works but sometimes I still take a lot of damage similar to standing in one and when I try to run further, I'm still getting hit.

Radec

MF Gear* nerf incoming ?

Vaeflare
Blizzard Employee

I wanted to jump in quickly to say that this is one of many topics we’ve been discussing with the developers recently, and that we have a juicy blog post coming up that will delve a bit more into some of the MF swapping solutions we’re considering.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912664289?page=4

I don't get it why is this anybody's problem.

If you don't like swapping items or using script to swap, then don't.

How does this affect anybody? Unfair MF chance? lol

I think molten and plague both stack, and molten can actually stack with itself (for example if a champ runs over it's previous path and you're standing on the intersection. This can be a real problem when you have a champ running in circles around you.

The one that does more damage the longer you stand in it is desecration.

They didn't say they're nerfing MF gear, they said they're looking for a solution to what they perceive as a problem of MF gear swapping before killing blows. And this is nothing new either, they've been saying this for weeks.

I'm going to wager a guess that whatever their solution is, it won't affect people that actually kill in MF gear in the slightest.

Totakeke

Monk has a skill called Cyclone Strike will pulls enemies to you. Before Inferno, it works on goblins and I wondered why Monks aren't using it to kill Goblins, but when I reached Inferno myself, I found out that they deliberately made it so it doesn't work on Inferno Goblins. Pretty fucked up.

Radec

They didn't say they're nerfing MF gear, they said they're looking for a solution to what they perceive as a problem of MF gear swapping before killing blows. And this is nothing new either, they've been saying this for weeks.

I'm going to wager a guess that whatever their solution is, it won't affect people that actually kill in MF gear in the slightest.

Almost everything they made since release are nerfs. I don't expect something possitive now. lol

RDreamer

MF Gear* nerf incoming ?

I don't get it why is this anybody's problem.

If you don't like swapping items or using script to swap, then don't.

How does this affect anybody? Unfair MF chance? lol

You don't get why cheating is anybody else's problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom