• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

I think molten and plague both stack, and molten can actually stack with itself (for example if a champ runs over it's previous path and you're standing on the intersection. This can be a real problem when you have a champ running in circles around you.

The one that does more damage the longer you stand in it is desecration.

WHOOPS. I was thinking of desecrator instead of molten. Molten definitely stacks. If you've ever fought against horde/molten it is really apparent that the trails are doing more than normal DoT.

Those huge spinning blade guys can stack them without moving too which is a real PITA.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Do you guys think crafting the 5-prop gloves or shoulders is any good? I've been steadily building up a huge ass pile of essence, and have nothing to craft. They're only selling for a little over a million gold.

Neki

Using gear swap hacks is cheating. I see it that way, and so do the developers, so... I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I don't use gear swap macros to switch to my MF gear so I hope you don't think I'm cheating. That's all I was saying.

Totakeke

After using an EHP calculator, I found out I'm at the point where 1 vit is worth more than 2 res all for me in terms of EHP. :|

But then monk healing is typically set static numbers. Hmm, decisions decisions.

Neki

Do you guys think crafting the 5-prop gloves or shoulders is any good? I've been steadily building up a huge ass pile of essence, and have nothing to craft. They're only selling for a little over a million gold.

No, get a gaffer to craft you 6 prop shoulders, boots or gloves.

RDreamer

I don't use gear swap macros to switch to my MF gear so I hope you don't think I'm cheating. That's all I was saying.

My response was to the guy that said if you don't like using a script to swap, then don't.

Personally I think it's a silly friggin mechanic to be able to swap in MF gear right at the last second and I think it ruins itemization a bit, so I don't mind them changing things. I don't think you're cheating to do things manually now, but I do think you're cheating by using outside scripts to do things. I just agree with them that MF should be a sort of choice. You forgo some other stat point or possible good roll of something in order to also have MF on your gear. That's the way the system should be. They want that choice to be there with every stat. You can't have your cake and eat it too. That's bad game design, and I honestly think it's bad game design that they didn't have anything to stop that from happening to begin with. They should have seen a mile away that people would be doing it.

Neki

To be fair, the post RD is replying to explicitly mentions using scripts to switch gear.

Well his first quote also mentions manually switching, which is what I was replying to, but regardless, as long as he considers manual switching fine, I'm cool with it.

Radec

^
The amount you'll spend on plans > the amount you'll spend paying crafters to craft.

Been on the same stance a few days ago and buying a 30m grand exalted glove plan is not worth it. So I just pay a guy 20k to craft gloves for me.

You don't get why cheating is anybody else's problem?

Cheating.. right..

I tried using a swapping script but didn't worked for long since my resolution is fucked up so I ended up the manual way. And honestly scripting is pretty much the same thing, just less work and abit faster. Still I'm getting 300%+ MF with or without the script anyway.

Even if the scripting method is the same as to what botters use, it's not really the same or it's effect. Botters gain millions of gold, inflating shit. Script Swappers have like 1-3 sec advantage over manual-swappers.

So how is this cheating in anyway ?

RDreamer

Bah, I'm so bummed about my damned internet. Really sucks that internet cutting out for just a few minutes can pretty well ruin your farming progress. I really like the NV mechanic, but fuck does that suck when you get disconnected just after hitting 5... I really only had time for one Act IV run tonight, too. Then it sucks that I couldn't even get back into the game. They kicked the guy that had got in when I was d/c'd, but then someone else immediately joined... ugh

Really sucks because I'm still excited by the fact that I can now survive really well in Act 4, and I wanted to properly try out some of my new gear.

Also, on a random note, as a monk I love you barbarians. Parties with monk/barb and 2 DPS is insane. I feel immortal with that barb war cry. I was just standing in desecrator stuff in Act 4 and taking it like a champ. Can't quite do that yet on my own.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Spending a ton of gold on 6 prop recipes isn't really worth it imo unless you already have a ton of gold. It's a bubble that's going to burst.

Cheating.. right..

I tried using a swapping script but didn't worked for long since my resolution is fucked up so I ended up the manual way. And honestly scripting is pretty much the same thing, just less work and abit faster. Still I'm getting 300%+ MF with or without the script anyway.

Even if the scripting method is the same as to what botters use, it's not really the same or it's effect.

Not like it really gives a measurable advantage for the most part or anything, but I'd classify using an outside program to do things you can't normally do as technically "cheating," yeah.

inky

Another day, another 4 pages of absolute unsellable crap. At least I made 70k instead of losing money from repairs I guess.

Neki

Yeah, which is why I was wondering if 5-prop gloves would be decent enough. Ultimoo thinks not, so I'll defer to his judgement.

Like I said, get Swiftlame to make them for you if you're really interested in it. You just pay a crafting fee + mats and he'll make them for you.

Ketch

Umm because it's an outside 3rd party program controlling your mouse or sending commands to the game?

It's not that hard to understand, and it's probably even posted somewhere in a EULA or TOS or something else not to mention the various blue posts for the past couple weeks.

Regardless of the script or cheating or not, It's clear from what they've been saying that they want people to make the choice between stats and MF%... not to rock their stats gear and then real quick open inventory in combat and switch to MF to get the best of both worlds...

How about something like wearing MF gear for a certain amount of time gives bonus NV, but if you remove your MF gear you loose all your stacks?

Or if they changed MF from a flat % to a +% per minute or something.. and then when you take it off you gotta start over... that would be pretty good.

Bah, I'm so bummed about my damned internet. Really sucks that internet cutting out for just a few minutes can pretty well ruin your farming progress. I really like the NV mechanic, but fuck does that suck when you get disconnected just after hitting 5... I really only had time for one Act IV run tonight, too. Then it sucks that I couldn't even get back into the game. They kicked the guy that had got in when I was d/c'd, but then someone else immediately joined... ugh

Really sucks because I'm still excited by the fact that I can now survive really well in Act 4, and I wanted to properly try out some of my new gear.

Also, on a random note, as a monk I love you barbarians. Parties with monk/barb and 2 DPS is insane. I feel immortal with that barb war cry. I was just standing in desecrator stuff in Act 4 and taking it like a champ. Can't quite do that yet on my own.

I was rolling with a monk for a while and with my warcry he would be at 1500 all resist, lol. Would just sit there in desecrator, fire chains, molten, didn't matter.

The one thing that got him, incidentally, was Belial's green circles when he digs his hands into the ground. He was able to take 4 of them to the face, but the 5th one killed him. Guess it speaks to just how important it is to not get hit by those damn things.

The lack of randomization is a problem with the entire game and all 4 acts, IMO.

All the major checkpoints are always in the same general direction. It's ridiculous.

Pretty much. They needed to freshen that shit up a bit for all but the most important set pieces. Having checkpoints/waypoints in similar areas is far too predictable (yeah, that bridge to the waterways in the oasis is always sort of top left, same goes for the ZK archives, etc..)

I think the only reason Skeletons tend to get Knockback so much is because they have a unique kick animation for it. *PUNT* you go flying.

Yeah, sometimes the walls will overlap and you can even get stuck.

Besides that though, Waller is a pretty map dependent affix at times. Sometimes you end up in a corridor small enough that waller will completely stop you with no side openings. It's also one of the more neutral affixes besides the bugs too, because sometimes the walls can actually help you if they're positioned ideally.

I've had this happen too many times :(

Get walls dropped on my head, overlapping or going through each other, and I get stuck in place with no option to move. The mobs either then come up and hit me, or more likely drop a desecrate/plague pool. At least it's somewhat fair when the elite ones trap you in with the boxes and put stuff down - you can move out of that most of the time (though you do occasionally still get bullshit ones in enclosed spaces.)

And missile dampening really should be on more mobs - it's exceedingly rare at this point. Hell, put it on champions too, I don't care. It's an interesting/fun affix.

In other news, I put a bunch of stuff up on the RMAH - we'll see if anything goes through. Also put up my 140 Dex, 30% GF amulet up on the GAH for 550k buyout. We'll see if a botter or someone buys it (there were lower priced ones with bids, but mine is still ~200k below the next highest with a buyout.)

RDreamer

I was rolling with a monk for a while and with my warcry he would be at 1500 all resist, lol. Would just sit there in desecrator, fire chains, molten, didn't matter.

The one thing that got him, incidentally, was Belial's green circles when he digs his hands into the ground. He was able to take 4 of them to the face, but the 5th one killed him. Guess it speaks to just how important it is to not get hit by those damn things.

Yeah without the barb I can pretty much do that in Act 1 and 2. My life on hit is so high mixed with my resists and armor that none of the elites pose any sort of problem anymore. I haven't tried that with Belial in a while, though. I think before I was really Act 3 ready I took about 2 or 3 of those things before dying. Wonder what I could do now.

sleepykyo

Spending a ton of gold on 6 prop recipes isn't really worth it imo unless you already have a ton of gold. It's a bubble that's going to burst.

Speaking of bubbles, do people have their friends push up the bids? I'm currently trying to win a belt for my barbarian and the price seems to be getting kind of high. Then again, I don't have much gold or experience with auctions, so maybe the belt really is worth that much.

Sigmaah

This Amulet good guys?

MyGZM.jpg

and what about these?

ZZi2s.jpg

RSD8e.jpg

rCIZZLE

Regardless of the script or cheating or not, It's clear from what they've been saying that they want people to make the choice between stats and MF%... not to rock their stats gear and then real quick open inventory in combat and switch to MF to get the best of both worlds...

How about something like wearing MF gear for a certain amount of time gives bonus NV, but if you remove your MF gear you loose all your stacks?

Or if they changed MF from a flat % to a +% per minute or something.. and then when you take it off you gotta start over... that would be pretty good.

They should be encouraging people to buy more gear. I just don't understand why they're trying to further the distance between D2 and D3. Switching to MF gear doesn't hurt anybody and has been a big part of item finding in the series.

They really should stop making us play a certain way. just give us the game and let us play it the way we want to whether that be grinding bosses for quick xp, slow killing elites/bosses with 4 low dps monks, or switching into our mf gear for the kill.

Snagged a Lamentation (Legendary Belt) from the AH about 2 hours ago for 1 million.

Stats:

155 Strength
35 Poison Resist
189 Armor
3% Damage Converted to Life
Crit Chance +1%
Increased Frenzy Damage +5%

If I search all lamentations with the parameters:

Barbarian Skill Bonus: Frenzy (Any)
Strength: 100

the cheapest one is 7m. So I think it's safe to say I got a steal? No idea how much these belts usually sell for.

I see some cheap ones up too, but none with Frenzy bonus. All with shitty bonuses like Bash, Rend, Cleave, etc.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Pretty much. They needed to freshen that shit up a bit for all but the most important set pieces. Having checkpoints/waypoints in similar areas is far too predictable (yeah, that bridge to the waterways in the oasis is always sort of top left, same goes for the ZK archives, etc..)

It doesn't help that all these constantly similar areas makes it easier to script a bot to run them, either.

Lmao, thanks man. How much do you think that amulet will go for?

Not sure, but a pretty high amount. It would be good just as a MF ammy, but the other stats are all pretty damn good, even if the rolls aren't the best.

At least a million or two (without looking up stuff).

You could set a fairly low bid from 1-3 mil, no buyout, and see where it goes. RMAH I don't have a clue without checking.

eek5

Lmao, thanks man. How much do you think that amulet will go for?

no clue but socket it with a str gem when you sell it so it shows up on searches for 100str/res/mf or 100str/vit/res. You can probably do those 2 searches and figure out a price

You can take a gamble on whether or not it will be worth more before/after the MF "nerf" too. It's a pretty usable amulet so it might be worth more if swapping isn't an option anymore.

sleepykyo

Dang it. 3 minutes left and I'm hoping someone outbids me now.

edit: And someone did. Though part of me now feels unhappy that it was basically sniped at the last second.

RDreamer

Hmm... I'm thinking it's about time I change my string of ears. According to this EHP thing I'd gain quite a good amount vs most things, though I'd lose a bit on melee. Wonder if it'd balance out in the long run, especially since I could get much higher dex.

It gives you an advantage over someone not using a script because its not actually IN the game. Its not fair to people who dont know about it or dont use it. Thats usually the definition of cheating in most games. An unfair advantage.

What they need to do is get it IN the game.

Sigmaah

Not sure, but a pretty high amount. It would be good just as a MF ammy, but the other stats are all pretty damn good, even if the rolls aren't the best.

At least a million or two (without looking up stuff).

You could set a fairly low bid from 1-3 mil, no buyout, and see where it goes. RMAH I don't have a clue without checking.

Thanks man, glad to hear I finally got something good haha. Should I RMAH it or gold?

no clue but socket it with a str gem when you sell it so it shows up on searches for 100str/res/mf or 100str/vit/res. You can probably do those 2 searches and figure out a price

You can take a gamble on whether or not it will be worth more before/after the MF "nerf" too. It's a pretty usable amulet so it might be worth more if swapping isn't an option anymore.

I see similar going for a couple mill gold, now my questions is, gold or RMAH? haha

RDreamer

And just after I typed that something perfect came up. For only 700,000 I got a belt with 125 dex, 125 vit, 43 lighting resist, and 6% life. According to that EHP calculator which I had up to compare my string to other things this would with dodge only give me a -.36% EHP for vs melee. VS everything else, though, it goes way up by 17%.

I'm glad I grabbed that. It was within my budget (I need to wait for some things to sell.. I'm pretty low on gold at the moment), and it seems to be what I was looking for. I might keep the string of ears around for a bit just in case, but I can probably sell that for a decent amount (it's a 15% one with 50 dex and 50 fit, so it's really great for monks)

And now I really can probably change more of my sockets for dex, since I've inflated my life by almost 10,000 with the last two upgrades while also upping my dex. I was surviving pretty well with a bit over 30,000, so I should be safe with more dex and damage. Feels good to finally be going upward with my DPS. First that's happened since Inferno started, really.

lol, my EHP with dodge is 3 million. Crazy.

What the bloody hell? Can you post your stats please? Like, Full stats, LOH, Vit, Dex, Dodge, Block, Block amount, Resi....

Like an entire screenshot with everything!

I had 2.8 million Effective Health when I was fully tanked out before 1.03 on my barb. I'm down to like 1.5 million now that I've been going more heavily dps oriented.

Finally got the beacons lit, yay progression..........and running away from elites I don't want to bother with/have no chance of killing.........

But damn at the repair bills =/

If only Blizzard made the big witch doctor pet viable, it would be a whole different story with him and templar standing in the way allowing me to stand back and pew pew pew

Finally got the beacons lit, yay progression..........and running away from elites I don't want to bother with/have no chance of killing.........

But damn at the repair bills =/

If only Blizzard made the big witch doctor pet viable, it would be a whole different story with him and templar standing in the way allowing me to stand back and pew pew pew
The WD's best pet for standing in the way of enemies is the Fetish Army. The only problem is that you need to use Tribal Rites and a Rune to make their cooldown remotely acceptable.

The WD's best pet for standing in the way of enemies is the Fetish Army. The only problem is that you need to use Tribal Rites and a Rune to make their cooldown remotely acceptable.

Or play slowly and wait for the cooldown lol.........I only use them when shit really hits the fan

Blizz did talk about having the pets HP scale with your level/vitality; if they do that then using the brute may work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom