• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

You can charge Paypal by bank transfer for sure

The whole point of my post is that I want to avoid Paypal having anything to do with my real account whatsoever, because they are thieves that stole £240 from it the last time I used them several years ago.

The whole point of my post is that I want to avoid Paypal having anything to do with my real account whatsoever, because they are thieves that stole £240 from it the last time I used them several years ago.

Well yes and that's what i suggested ?

Paypal gives you account number and code. You make normal money transfer to that account and put code in description.

Few days later cash is on you paypal.

Not sure if it works from paypal to bank.

Danj

Well yes and that's what i suggested ?

Paypal gives you account number and code. You make normal money transfer to that account and put code in description.

Few days later cash is on you paypal.

Not sure if it works from paypal to bank.

Right but when I click on to Paypal's signup page, they require me to enter a card number, there isn't an option to not use a card as far as I can see.

EDIT: oh, I just untick the box for securely store your credit card details, then on the next page just ignore all the buttons and click Go to my account. Huh.

moemoland

Is there anyone here playing on the US servers and living outside the US that cannot access the RMAH? The UK can only have GBP/EUR afaik which is not supported on my server. I think I have to change my residence to a fake address in the US so I can select a currency in-game to access the RMAH, has anyone done this and does it work? Already setup paypal, authenticator and SMS btw.

Firemind

Yeah, bank transfer doesn't work. I have to enter a credit card number if I want to add a Paypal account to my Bnet account, which is monumentally dumb considering Paypal doesn't give a shit about your account.

Kyoufu

Is there anyone here playing on the US servers and living outside the US that cannot access the RMAH? The UK can only have GBP/EUR afaik which is not supported on my server. I think I have to change my residence to a fake address in the US so I can select a currency in-game to access the RMAH, has anyone done this and does it work? Already setup paypal, authenticator and SMS btw.

You post on GAF? Haha I didn't know. :D

You should try changing address, but I think you may have to change your mobile number to a US number too. Not sure though, as I haven't set it up yet. It may be difficult :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So RMAH isn't due to 15th in EU?

Danj

Yeah, bank transfer doesn't work. I have to enter a credit card number if I want to add a Paypal account to my Bnet account, which is monumentally dumb considering Paypal doesn't give a shit about your account.

Yeah, I've successfully created a Paypal account without using any bank details at all, but I can't link it to battle.net without entering a card number. Oh well, guess I'll research virtual/prepaid cards some more.

moemoland

You post on GAF? Haha I didn't know. :D

You should try changing address, but I think you may have to change your mobile number to a US number too. Not sure though, as I haven't set it up yet. It may be difficult :/

Hey kyo, you could see the RMAH from the UK right? Can you tell me which country is your residence is on the bnet account. ty

True enough, I just owned SK hilariously. He didn't even get to summon adds once. Just asking for a second opinion before I dump 1,8 mil to craft the pony staff.

Don't be fooled, it's not always easy being a DH... You get one shotted so easily. It's true that you can kite, yes, but some elite mobs are nearly impossible to kill. A combination of fast/teleporter/vortex makes kiting useless. So stack up that damage and kill them before they can kill you!

Tacitus_

Don't be fooled, it's not always easy being a DH... You get one shotted so easily. It's true that you can kite, yes, but some elite mobs are nearly impossible to kill. A combination of fast/teleporter/vortex makes kiting useless. So stack up that damage and kill them before they can kill you!

14k hp and practically zero resists o/

Neki

34k hp with 370 all res, no problem.

Cipherr

34k hp with 370 all res, no problem.

68k dps or so without sharpshooter, well over 100k dps with, and Act 3 is still no joke in the areas leading down past siege breaker. Certain elite affixes would still wreck me even with me death rushing them down with crazy dps. Sometimes that strategy just doesn't work for certain packs. Its doable with resets when you hit packs like that. But still, its not exactly 'no problem' in Act 3. And Act 4 would be worse with all those mobs that charge from off screen.

True enough, I just owned SK hilariously. He didn't even get to summon adds once. Just asking for a second opinion before I dump 1,8 mil to craft the pony staff.

I've been farming inferno whimsy on my DH for about 2 days now. Its really not bad at all, no ranged mobs (unless you get a elite pack with mortar or something) so you can pretty much kite everything around. Sometimes I run into a nasty pack but there are a few areas without clouds that you can just pull them to and then just ignore them after that. There's also a tree you'll find somewhere on the map that you can park ponies on. I use that to get the elite ponies stuck to kill them easily. 29k HP, dps ranges from ~28k to ~76k with sharpshooter

Also, I've been doing it with a wizard partner which makes it go by quicker. blizzard + caltrops + nether tentacle + venom hydra kills everything other than the champs pretty quick.

Kyoufu

Wow, people like this... looking forward to hear how you confirm your address if any problem comes up regarding your Battle.Net account.... -.-

"people like this"

like what? There was no other way to play with my US friends on WoW unless I created a US account.

You don't need to be a dick.

Tacitus_

I've been farming inferno whimsy on my DH for about 2 days now. Its really not bad at all, no ranged mobs (unless you get a elite pack with mortar or something) so you can pretty much kite everything around. Sometimes I run into a nasty pack but there are a few areas without clouds that you can just pull them to and then just ignore them after that. There's also a tree you'll find somewhere on the map that you can park ponies on. I use that to get the elite ponies stuck to kill them easily. 29k HP, dps ranges from ~28k to ~76k with sharpshooter

Also, I've been doing it with a wizard partner which makes it go by quicker. blizzard + caltrops + nether tentacle + venom hydra kills everything other than the champs pretty quick.

Cheers. I have a bit more DPS than you but I'm not running caltrops (+hatred companion for infinite hatred).

V_Arnold

"people like this"

like what? There was no other way to play with my US friends on WoW unless I created a US account.

You don't need to be a dick.

Not that type of like, lol. The other one. You are not the first one whom I see using addresses out of thin air - but I have as much faith in that method when some problems arises as buying a used product without warranty. :p

Duallusion

Doesn't seem like they do a VISA card? Pretty sure you need a visa card (or some sort of credit/debit card) to sign up for Paypal, right? Or is there a way to sign up for Paypal without using a card at all? Is there some kind of "reduced functionality" Paypal account that you can get that only exists on the Internet and doesn't connect to banks at all?

Somewhere on their site is an option to order/sign-up for a Visa (or maybe it's MasterCard, I forgot). You have to make an account first.

Kyoufu

Not that type of like, lol. The other one. You are not the first one whom I see using addresses out of thin air - but I have as much faith in that method when some problems arises as buying a used product without warranty. :p

It's not as dodgy as you think, as they just use email verification and other security measures. They won't physically visit that address to see if I'm living there :p

Btw, why don't I see Gold being sold on the RMAH? I figured everyone and their mother would put up their monies for sale.

Btw, why don't I see Gold being sold on the RMAH? I figured everyone and their mother would put up their monies for sale.

Commodities aren't open on the RMAH yet.

Is there any way to lock your skill bars? Second time now I've been kiting and lost my 5 stacks of NV due to an errant click. Feels bad :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just sold every item I had on my character, just for fun.

RIP, Diablo III. Probably the biggest mess in gaming history.

Enjoy the loot!

Danj

Somewhere on their site is an option to order/sign-up for a Visa (or maybe it's MasterCard, I forgot). You have to make an account first.

I think that's a credit card though, I am staying faaaarrrr away from credit cards now. Anyway I successfully signed up for a Paypal account without entering any bank details at all, but now battle.net requires entering card details to link the Paypal account.

Yoshichan

Anything worth buying?
Yes. Gear worth probably over $1000 (which doesn't say a lot, considering how fucked up the prices are right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom