• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Why am I getting SMS verification codes from Blizzard in the middle of the night? Logged into my account and everything is fine. No more locks from suspicious activity or anything. I can't figure it out unless it's delayed RMAH ones from when I couldn't get them to work yesterday.

(Have an authenticator and SMS protect or whatever it is)

Zzoram

Are prices too high now because people are just seeing what they can get?

I put my Legendary Gungdo Gear bracers up for $1.25 and it's one of the 47 armor rolls which is tied with the other best $1.25 buyout versions of it on the RMAH. Hopefully someone collecting Legendary items picks it up.

Riggs

Banned
The fact yoshichan is already done with diablo 3 scares me

Same, a lot of people give him shit on GAF. But he was seriously fucking hyped for this game, it wasn't for attention. To be done already is kind of scary. I am getting there myself, not yet but close.

xelios

Yes, things will stabilize somewhat in the coming days. You have to remember no one has been able to cancel their auctions yet either. When 1.0.3/nerfed Inferno comes and everyone and their mother is getting ilvl63 items even in Act 1 then trying to sell them the majority of stuff will get to the point you can call it cheap. Right now we're slowly heading towards "reasonable" with so much being put up on the RMAH. Selling stupid shit for $250, people pretty much already missed the crazy train on that one if they haven't done it by now. Expect about 24 hours from now more reasonable prices when everyone has to relist, then again in 36 hours etc. Quite possibly a spike when commodities go live and when the patch goes live, then settling back down thereafter (drastically within week(s) of the patch). When the ability to cancel auctions without bids kicks in expect even further drops.

After speculating in Eve Online for so many years D3 seems like an easy one, but everyone will have different outlooks.

Zzoram

I kinda hate that $1.25 is the minimum price, lots of items would sell for pennies with Blizzard taking 50% of anything priced below $1.25

zon

I put my Legendary Gungdo Gear bracers up for $1.25 and it's one of the 47 armor rolls which is tied with the other best $1.25 buyout versions of it on the RMAH. Hopefully someone collecting Legendary items picks it up.

Yep. You'll need to wait a few more months if you want to see prices settle.

zon

Same, a lot of people give him shit on GAF. But he was seriously fucking hyped for this game, it wasn't for attention. To be done already is kind of scary. I am getting there myself, not yet but close.

Who are giving him shit? Sensible people?

Morokh

My points being endgame/real lootz

From my perspective loot has so far been more satisfying in the Torchlight 2 Beta, than out of the 100 hours I put in D3 (even if it's a little crazy sometimes)

And while they haven't announced the specifics yet they said multiple times that they are working on the endgame aspect, so that's still left to judge.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I kinda hate that $1.25 is the minimum price, lots of items would sell for pennies with Blizzard taking 50% of anything priced below $1.25
I think it's ok because gold is still useful.

Will keep a lot of low tier RM trades out. I'd imagine it makes it easier on everyone that way.

Thrakier

Well, Yoshi is right though, the thing is just that I do think that what Yoshi thinks is "a mess" I do think that it's intended by Blizzard and according to plan, minus the gold inflation because of botting etc.

They are not stupid and they were determined from the very first moment to sacrifice gameplay experience (for hardcore gamers anway) for money. That's more or less the whole story of DIII. We'll see a lot more of that when Free 2 Play game concepts come into existence more and more.

V_Arnold

Uhm, I am sorry, but that is how polarization works. If you build yourself a bunker for Diablo III and do not come out of it for days, do not be surprised if you will flip in mere seconds. Respect for Yoshi to be able to get THAT hyped, but that INEVITABLY leads to big hyperboles like ALWAYS.

And the best thing? Even if he stripped all his chars (which he did not even say, just his "char", when we know there is more than one there :p), you bet he will be here next month, and next year, and next patch ,and the years/months/patches after that.

He cant exist in the "okay, I am just chilling right now" phase, he either loves it or hates it. That is not a property that really has anything to do with Diablo III, though, it can happen with any object that one can relate to :p

Zzoram

I don't understand the complaining. Once they adjust the loot tables in 1.03 everything should be good. Auction House is awesome and gets rid of tedious general chat trading.

xelios

People have the right to change their opinions after bad experiences, but yeah too much hype can lead to disaster. At least it's not as bad/drawn out as the Londa/FF XIV turnaround (I think..., but (s)he actually went from plain nuts to reasonable eventually). Maybe we will get a Londa 2.0.

The major ways in which this game will be constantly changed, if D2 is any indication, there will be a lot of off/on, hot/cold, love/hate from patch to patch.

Riggs

Banned
Uhm, I am sorry, but that is how polarization works. If you build yourself a bunker for Diablo III and do not come out of it for days, do not be surprised if you will flip in mere seconds. Respect for Yoshi to be able to get THAT hyped, but that INEVITABLY leads to big hyperboles like ALWAYS.

And the best thing? Even if he stripped all his chars (which he did not even say, just his "char", when we know there is more than one there :p), you bet he will be here next month, and next year, and next patch ,and the years/months/patches after that.

He cant exist in the "okay, I am just chilling right now" phase, he either loves it or hates it. That is not a property that really has anything to do with Diablo III, though, it can happen with any object that one can relate to :p

Not disagreeing with any of that really. But Yoshi does have valid points about the faults this game currently has. Talked to him a bunch about them, I am not saying he handles himself well in regards to how he reacts to these discussions. But his points are valid none the less, anyway not going to white knight for him he can defend himself. I agree with things he says, and things a lot of other people say that are positive about the game.

Currently I don't know what to think of this game, I just am taking a much needed break for now.

This was the best thing about Diablo 1 & 2. I guess I'm the only one who thinks this.

Yep you probably are - also in Diablo 2 to get good items you had to have good items first.

If you had several so so items noone sane would give you good stuff for it.

Now you just put them on AH and use cash from them to buy new better item.

V_Arnold

Not disagreeing with any of that really. But Yoshi does have valid points about the faults this game currently has. Talked to him a bunch about them, I am not saying he handles himself well in regards to how he reacts to these discussions. But his points are valid none the less, anyway not going to white knight for him he can defend himself. I agree with things he says, and things a lot of other people say that are positive about the game.

Currently I don't know what to think of this game, I just am taking a much needed break for now.

No need to defend him for no attack was made against him. Just Yoshi being Yoshi, he knows that, we know that.

Card Boy

Banned
Yep you probably are - also in Diablo 2 to get good items you had to have good items first.

If you had several so so items noone sane would give you good stuff for it.

Now you just put them on AH and use cash from them to buy new better item.

Barter and haggle system was the best system, the AH sucks a lot of the fun out of it for me. I hope Runic put some sort of Steam trading system in for TL2, ef Auction Houses.

Svafnir

I want PVP to come out.... I killed diablo on inferno a week ago and now I am just kinda bored. Farming items so I can clear act 4 quicker? Meh. Right now I'm kinda just farming items for the rmah and waiting for PVP.

Totakeke

http://www.twitch.tv/swiftlame
to see my DH face tank act 3

Quoting for new page, watch swiftlame, he's learned from the best DH on NA.

First you carry me in HoN, now you're carrying yourself in Diablo III.

I don't get this. I have almost half his dps, mainly glass cannon, but I play not that differently from what he's doing which is dodging shots and dps'ing. Like Ferrio said, you're basically trading one Discipline skill for another (SS to SP). My crowd control is much better and I use tactical advantage to set up positions so I have longer intervals between dps and running. But other than that, what's the big deal? He still dies from those annoying spears if he doesn't SP in time which is the same for me.

Kyoufu

lol you guys think Yoshi will not rebound are you insane? He will do this about ten times before the first expansion.

KuGsj.gif

That was such a beautiful rage quit.

Here's to many more. *raises glass*

Why am I getting SMS verification codes from Blizzard in the middle of the night? Logged into my account and everything is fine. No more locks from suspicious activity or anything. I can't figure it out unless it's delayed RMAH ones from when I couldn't get them to work yesterday.

(Have an authenticator and SMS protect or whatever it is)

Ya I got one at 4 in the morning too

V_Arnold

So, basically, Blizzard is tapping in to the market of people who would rather pay to win in order to save some time, but instead of getting all the money, they are letting their fans get some, too?

More like hardcore players tapping into a new market where instead of being shouted at for playing, they make money off those that have more money than free time. Blizzard takes a cut out of transactions, obviously - it is their game, their service, so that is about fair, imho :p

Svafnir

It's just more in the open now - but buying items on mmos has been around since diablp 2/ultima. I made about $3000 as a 13 year old kid playing ultima, nothing new. It's just easier to do now, but "pay to win" is in every game, just a black market.

zoukka

More like hardcore players tapping into a new market where instead of being shouted at for playing, they make money off those that have more money than free time. Blizzard takes a cut out of transactions, obviously - it is their game, their service, so that is about fair, imho :p

More like Blizzard got a full game price out of their product and will continue to leech off of all trading in their game in the form of actual revenue. But because of this is a videogame, the insane cuts don't feel bad...

...yet.

Kyoufu

It's just more in the open now - but buying items on mmos has been around since diablp 2/ultima. I made about $3000 as a 13 year old kid playing ultima, nothing new. It's just easier to do now, but "pay to win" is in every game, just a black market.

Yup, RMT has been around forever. The only thing new here is the game creator gets a slice of the pie rather than just gold sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom