• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone managed to get the Tomb of Sardar to spawn in Daghlur Oasis? It's the last dungeon I need for the achievement, and I've reloaded the map over 40 times with no spawn. The guide I'm using is here:

6708250_f1024.jpg

There's always 2 of these little dead end areas jutting up to the north on the west edge of the map in every layout of Daghlur oasis, so what I've been doing is checking both of these areas and then reloading.

If anyone else has found it, is this similar to where you found it, or was it somewhere random like in the middle of the map?

dwebo

Seems excessive? Honestly I wasn't seeing it go above 10-20 mil. Am I missing something?

somebody sold a 250 million weapon earlier in the thread, so that's the go-to amount now for anything good

edit: I see the sardar tomb pretty frequently. make sure you're pressing the lever to drain the water, or else it won't display an entrance

All I had to do was post about it and then got it on my first run after I posted. Glad I decided to ask, i never would have found it otherwise!

Acerac

Banned
somebody sold a 250 million weapon earlier in the thread, so that's the go-to amount now for anything good

edit: I see the sardar tomb pretty frequently. make sure you're pressing the lever to drain the water, or else it won't display an entrance

Didn't get the meme, thanks.

linsivvi

I think that's the Tomb of Khan Dakab, which is my favorite side dungeon for farming purposes. 3 elites + 1 group outside and the chest at the end gives 2-3 rares frequently.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone got either the event or the merchant in the Highlands Passage doing Butcher runs since the 1.0.3 patch? I've probably done a good 15 Butcher runs since the patch, as well as leveled two characters through there twice on Normal and Nightmare (four times total), but I haven't seen either even a single time.

Has anyone got either the event or the merchant in the Highlands Passage doing Butcher runs since the 1.0.3 patch? I've probably done a good 15 Butcher runs since the patch, as well as leveled two characters through there twice on Normal and Nightmare (four times total), but I haven't seen either even a single time.
Twice ... It spawns much less

I just found it today. I remember thinking it was odd I hadn't seen that spawn in all my prior play time. I spawned that map a lot looking for the liquid rainbow cave too

Yeah I was surprised when I found it after many runs. Weird that it's basically an exact clone of the other tomb with it's own audio log.

Enjoy the legendary treasure of Sardar cpp! (aka two tomes of secrets and a couple of hundred gold)

I think that's the Tomb of Khan Dakab, which is my favorite side dungeon for farming purposes. 3 elites + 1 group outside and the chest at the end gives 2-3 rares frequently.

Actually both tombs require you to pull a lever. The Tomb of Khan Dakab is 2 levers in a lowered area, the Tomb of Sardar is one lever on little dirt mound.

Thoraxes

So, any suggestions for tank and DW DPS builds for Monk on Inferno?

I'm just looking for some kind of consensus of builds because i'm not sure what to try outside of that awesome crit build I used the other day.

Yeah I was surprised when I found it after many runs. Weird that it's basically an exact clone of the other tomb with it's own audio log.

Enjoy the legendary treasure of Sardar cpp! (aka two tomes of secrets and a couple of hundred gold)

And most importantly, an achievement :)

Last one I need now is The Veiled Treasure.

Ugh, 3/10 on Ancient Device and I know this is not going to be kind to me.

Edit: Actually, if anyone wants to do some Ancient Device farming (not for treasure, but just to get all the possible outcomes), hit me up at Lamp#1105. Goes faster in a group.

balddemon

Banned
And most importantly, an achievement :)

Last one I need now is The Veiled Treasure.

Ugh, 3/10 on Ancient Device and I know this is not going to be kind to me.

Edit: Actually, if anyone wants to do some Ancient Device farming (not for treasure, but just to get all the possible outcomes), hit me up at Lamp#1105. Goes faster in a group.

what is ancient device farming

what is ancient device farming

There's a thing in Desolate Sands called Ancient Device. It doesn't spawn often, but when it does you pull a lever and get one of 10 possible otucomes. There's an achievement for getting all 10 outcomes. So that's basically all i mean. It's boring and if you don't care about achievements it's probably not worth your time :p

A few of the outcomes are actually decent (resp. chest, a dungeon with a pig inside that drops a lot of good loot, etc) but for the most part you don't get much out of it.

balddemon

Banned
There's a thing in Desolate Sands called Ancient Device. It doesn't spawn often, but when it does you pull a lever and get one of 10 possible otucomes. There's an achievement for getting all 10 outcomes. So that's basically all i mean. It's boring and if you don't care about achievements it's probably not worth your time :p

A few of the outcomes are actually decent (resp. chest, a dungeon with a pig inside that drops a lot of good loot, etc) but for the most part you don't get much out of it.

oh cool. well not tonight. tomorrow maybe. good luck , sounds like you need it lol

Danj

I gave up on Diablo III long before the Inferno changes when I hit a brick wall in Act 2 and didn't have the means to buy myself past that wall, or the desire to exploit flaws in the game's design, e.g. reloading one segment of Act 1 30 times a minute in the hope of spawning a Goblin.

Having seen the recent changes I decided to come back and just did an entire run through of Inferno Act 1 from start to finish. Got a few small upgrades, but also have the items below that don't suit my Wizard. Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with the latest gear trends and Blizzard has kindly removed things like IAS searching on Quivers, and for my Shield, the value box doesn't go past 999 Armor, so if anyone can help me out and tell me if the stuff is worth a damn it'd be very much appreciated. Thanks!

lvrG6.png

Surely this guy's shield should be worth something? It hits a couple of points in the selling guidelines - it's iLVL 63 and it has 18% magic find?

How much do you guys think a cold resist monk would want to pay for these? seems like not a wasted roll in the whole lot, with some high rolls as well.

7BF5G.jpg

Also does this source have high damage? I know nothing of sources so I'm flying blind here, but from looking at AH it seems like a lot. with decent int and magic find, could be worth something I'm guessing.

og9tn.jpg

balddemon

Banned
How much do you guys think a cold resist monk would want to pay for these? seems like not a wasted roll in the whole lot, with some high rolls as well.

http://i.imgur.com/7BF5G.jpg[IMG]

Also does this source have high damage? I know nothing of sources so I'm flying blind here, but from looking at AH it seems like a lot. with decent int and magic find, could be worth something I'm guessing.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/og9tn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

shoulder probably couple mils. main stats can get up to 200. edit: fixed this estimate, lol. thx eek

source, no idea but i know the damage is good. i think you want an avg dmg of 204, and u have 207

eek5

shoulder probably 300-600k. main stats can get up to 300.

source, no idea but i know the damage is good. i think you want an avg dmg of 204, and u have 207

Dex can only roll up to 200 on shoulders. Those are probably worth a couple mil, maybe more to a cold monk.

RDreamer

7BF5G.jpg

Just checked and it looks like anywhere from 5-8 million, honestly. There are a few lower end ones at 2 million or so, but they lack both the armor and the dual resist. Honestly those are pretty godly for a cold resist monk.

linsivvi

Dex can only roll up to 200 on shoulders. Those are probably worth a couple mil, maybe more to a cold monk.

Probably more. My shoulder is 502 armor, 82 str, 80 dex, 149 vit, 47 physical resist (which I stack) and I've been trying to find an upgrade. Anything that has all resist and overall same dex + vit will cost about 3M at least. And even then I'll lose some armor.

Wedge7

When you get in shit of that stratosphere, do extra things merely complement, or add almost double the value.

Say it had strength instead of int, if that 50 million was legit, would that boost it to 75 million in your eyes? I know, I know, crazy, but I figure when you have weapons like that, even little extras are given an even greater premium?

Radec

I wonder, what if Blizz decides to add a listing cost on AH. Will it deflate gold or something ? Or just piss off players?

shoulder probably couple mils. main stats can get up to 200. edit: fixed this estimate, lol. thx eek

True, but anything with main stat of 250+ as well as VIT and All Res is always like 30m+. At least in my experience.

Just checked and it looks like anywhere from 5-8 million, honestly. There are a few lower end ones at 2 million or so, but they lack both the armor and the dual resist. Honestly those are pretty godly for a cold resist monk.

Probably more. My shoulder is 502 armor, 82 str, 80 dex, 149 vit, 47 physical resist (which I stack) and I've been trying to find an upgrade. Anything that has all resist and overall same dex + vit will cost about 3M at least. And even then I'll lose some armor.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, they are a friends who is pretty poor right now so him hearing even a couple mil is going to be great when I tell him that they could be worth possibly even 8. As for the source which is mine, I didn't know about people wanting 204 average damage, that is very helpful too. Love this thread

RDreamer

Thanks for all of the advice guys, they are a friends who is pretty poor right now so him hearing even a couple mil is going to be great when I tell him. As for the source which is mine, I didn't know about people wanting 204 average damage, that is very helpful too. Love this thread

Yeah, anything with dex, vit, all res and another res sells for pretty decent, especially on pieces like shoulders and bracers. Those seem to be the hardest for me to upgrade, personally. And you can get away with pricing them a little high sometimes. We're kind of at the mercy of whatever secondary resist we picked, and sorting through everything is such a pain in the ass. It's hard to directly compare things, and even if there's another piece there priced better if it has the wrong resist it can't even be considered. I feel like I've probably overpaid for a few of my pieces, but they're such perfect itemization (like that should is) that I can't really complain. I know when looking my eyes kind of glaze over while trying to find "lightning" (or if I searched for all res, lightning res, and dex instead of all res, vit and dex I try and find the vit ones) that I can't pay attention to pricing on any of the other ones. In other words if there is nothing else in that range with cold resist at the time, then your friend will probably get very lucky.

RDreamer

What if they added a fee just by posting it in AH.

Even if it sells or not you'll be paying it.

Because if they do it on one of the AHs they'd have to do it on both (because a lot of people would just move to whichever didn't have the immediate listing fee. And then, why in the world would they want to put a disincentive on selling on the RMAH? I guess they could do things like that on the GAH to push people to the RMAH, but I think that'd be so terribly transparent that people would throw fits (and rightfully so)

Yeah, anything with dex, vit, all res and another res sells for pretty decent, especially on pieces like shoulders and bracers. Those seem to be the hardest for me to upgrade, personally. And you can get away with pricing them a little high sometimes. We're kind of at the mercy of whatever secondary resist we picked, and sorting through everything is such a pain in the ass. It's hard to directly compare things, and even if there's another piece there priced better if it has the wrong resist it can't even be considered. I feel like I've probably overpaid for a few of my pieces, but they're such perfect itemization (like that should is) that I can't really complain. I know when looking my eyes kind of glaze over while trying to find "lightning" (or if I searched for all res, lightning res, and dex instead of all res, vit and dex I try and find the vit ones) that I can't pay attention to pricing on any of the other ones. In other words if there is nothing else in that range with cold resist at the time, then your friend will probably get very lucky.

It's pretty insane that the AH didn't start out with more filters, and even more crazy that they haven't patched that yet. Searching for anything with more than 3 useful stats is a pain. It could definitely end up helping my friend though if it cant be compared easily with other cold dual res shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom