• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Either I'm choosing the wrong items, the wrong build, or I just plain suck because I've spent over 1 mill on my monk and I'm not able to "own shit" with mine.

Hilariously easy? What am I doing wrong?

Hard to say, since I\m pretty new to 60 monks myself.

But I copied this build from a friend of mine whos been farming act 3 for a while now pretty effortlessly (with pretty insane gear ofc).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiYXkg!ZXU!accbaY

And heres my stats as well. Just cleared kulle as you can see.

whufb.jpg

ch0mp

So after stalling in act3 for the past 3 weeks with a stack of different specs and gear, I've finally given in and starting using the double tornado barb. 5 stacks and a siegebreaker kill later... I'm convinced. Siegebreaker is comically easy with this build. Had to skip a pack or two but it's nice to kill something.

So i've been farming Act 1 and I'm trying to figure out if I am doing it efficiently as possible. I've been doing Festering Woods -> Cemetery -> Butcher -> Manor -> Watchtower. I sometimes have 5 stacks as early as when I'm done with the woods and am wondering if at that point I should skip ahead at all.

This has been working ok for me the last couple days. The drop rate increased help too. Anyone have any tips for farming Act 1?
There's a decent run you can do here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911721344

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I'm a lucky mofo and just got these gloves from Act I. I had pretty amazing gloves to start with, but still got a 3k DPS boost.

myphoto.jpg

scy

I really disagree that monk dont have it easy.

Ive felt that monks looked pretty op since the video of the monk killing diablo inferno was released. But I didnt really realize how op they were until I saw kripparian level his monk to 60 last night, then spend maybe a million gold to fully gear his monk. And then go straight to act 3 inferno and owned shit.

Seeing him do that made me get my 53 monk to 60 and then spend around 1 million on the AH on gear. My monk is almost through act 2 inferno now, and its hilariously easy outside of a few packs.

Same applies to Barbs, honestly.

Trickster

Same applies to Barbs, honestly.

Dunno, I have a barb in act 2 inferno, who I probably also spent around a million on gear for. But he gets destroyed by the champion and rare packs of snakes, got to annoyed to continue after reaching dahlgur oasis. Maybe the spec I copied was bad haha.

Monk in act 3 now, Belial so ez mang.

Trickster

The item Daring Protector has a real bid on it for $23.25. Stats are 439 armor/74 strength/ 196 dex/115 int/ 12% life. I would love to make mine $250 for the lulz and have $25 for the bid.

Why dont you? Worst case scenario it doesnt sell and you lower the price.

Got my Monk to 60 too last night.

Monks are like so hard to kill. I dodge so often its not even funny. Can't imagine how good he'll be if I ever get my hands on a 30% block Stormshield Or a String of Ears perhaps?. Right now I dual wield one hands both with tons of life on hit.

Definity

Gah....I still can't kill Ghom with my Monk. Can get him down to half health before he farts up the whole room. 41khp, 15k dps (unbuffed) armor 8000 (unbuffed), resists 750. Surely I should be able to kill him. I guess I have not figured out the pattern.

I sold some shitty Amulet for $3.00. My first sale. A minuscule amount of money, but just making any kind of money is interesting. Time to start grinding for those $250.00 items.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man, I'm getting pretty frustrated. After running act 3 many times and farming it thoroughly, I'm just hitting a wall now it seems. I don't know if they have made certain affixes more frequent or what the issue is.

linsivvi

Welcome to every Blizzard (and any other online as well) game ever.

The entire reason it's online is so that they can more easily update it and change things after launch.

That's not the reason the game is online only and the problem is not that they can easily update it, but that they couldn't even get the most basic things like difficulty progression and item drop rates finalized. None of their developers and internal testers could point out the most obvious exploits they've now fixed either. I mean, are you kidding me? Nobody could see that you could do infinite smoke screen, infinite stun lock on bosses? They couldn't see that easy xp by doing the same boss over and over and areas with a hundred pots that each would generates ran x number of gold as obvious exploits? The game feels like being rushed and at beta stage.

I'm nto sure how many of the people talking about refunds are actually serious, but the entire notion of getting a refund on a game because you don't like it is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard. And if any store is actually honoring such a thing, then they are equally stupid.

I wasn't asking for a refund, it was a statement in response to maharg that it's my (or any other customer's) fault when we found out the product we purchased is in a poor state. If you have to take things so literally and call people stupid then I think you need to take a look at the mirror first.

Ok, selling a justice lantern I got in act 1 hell on an alt for 10mill has stopped me from fixing to quit.

Never had this much gold at once and now I should be able to gear into act 4 if I buy very smart.

Jubbly

I gave up on Diablo III long before the Inferno changes when I hit a brick wall in Act 2 and didn't have the means to buy myself past that wall, or the desire to exploit flaws in the game's design, e.g. reloading one segment of Act 1 30 times a minute in the hope of spawning a Goblin.

Having seen the recent changes I decided to come back and just did an entire run through of Inferno Act 1 from start to finish. Got a few small upgrades, but also have the items below that don't suit my Wizard. Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with the latest gear trends and Blizzard has kindly removed things like IAS searching on Quivers, and for my Shield, the value box doesn't go past 999 Armor, so if anyone can help me out and tell me if the stuff is worth a damn it'd be very much appreciated. Thanks!

lvrG6.png
Zvcll.png
O4cJl.png
GEmMv.png
y1H8h.png
3DUcd.png
tAAX5.png

Sigmaah

omfg I thought it was just my bad luck that I got disconnected lol.

Also, to answer your Q Dahbomb, that was a good ring because it had good str, high res, a socket, and good crit damage increase. good for a barb?

RDreamer

Ran almost all of Act 3, including pretty much all of the extra areas today, and another run of a smaller part at the end of Act 3, and almost all of Act 4. Got trash. I haven't checked on some things, but I think I might be able to maybe hit 400k on the whole thing. One piece could surprise me, but I still think the max amount I make on the whole thing would be like 800k. Feels bad :(

Ran act 3 again today, and definitely noticed a huge buff in ilvl 63 drops. But since Act 2 was buffed as well, and since I can run act 2 so much faster than act 3, I'm still thinking act 2 might be the most efficient for drops. kind of hard to say. The problem with act 3 is that most of the maps are really huge, like Barracks, Keep Depths, etc and it's not as easy to simply skip trash as it is in act 2. In act 3 if you train around 100 trash mobs and run into a champ, chances are you're going to die, or at the very least you're going to waste a lot of time taking out the trash so you can safely kill the champ. In act 2 I can have 100 mobs hitting me at once and never even be in danger.

eek5

I think I need about 10k more HP or 10k more DPS to make A3 really comfortable. Running it with 41k hp (~1.1mil EHP) is sketchy at times

Wedge7

mace1.png

Hey guys, I of course know that everyone wants LoH on a weapon, and that it inflates the price a ton, perhaps too much so. But does Life Steal add that much value at all? I know everyone knows its nerfed by 80% in inferno, so is it sorta throwaway? I remember reading something random like it only gets useful at really high dps, like 50k+, but I figure if their at that high lvl, they probably have extremely sick weapons anyway, leaving this in sort of a weird limbo.

theta11

I really disagree that monk dont have it easy.

Ive felt that monks looked pretty op since the video of the monk killing diablo inferno was released. But I didnt really realize how op they were until I saw kripparian level his monk to 60 last night, then spend maybe a million gold to fully gear his monk. And then go straight to act 3 inferno and owned shit.

Seeing him do that made me get my 53 monk to 60 and then spend around 1 million on the AH on gear. My monk is almost through act 2 inferno now, and its hilariously easy outside of a few packs.

Monks have it the same as Barbs, the damage nerf to mobs has made the game so much easier for melee but monks most definitely had it bad. Before the nerf I was pretty decently geared and I could clear Act 2 with relative ease but I could still be 1 shot in Act 3 by certain elites and a certain non elite. As regards to the video of the monk killing Diablo isn't any different to what any geared character could do before the patch. =/

It really is lame that pots, barrels etc don't drop loot anymore.

I understand why it was removed, but it really takes a lot away from the game, where you could randomly find a crate item from a barrel. I mean the game was clearly made this way on purpose and within what, 2 weeks of launch they remove it.

It strikes me as incredibly naive of Blizzard to not think that people/bots would abuse it.

And of course a lot of the problems stem from the checkpoint/no portal scrolls system they want for.

eek5

mace1.png

Hey guys, I of course know that everyone wants LoH on a weapon, and that it inflates the price a ton, perhaps too much so. But does Life Steal add that much value at all? I know everyone knows its nerfed by 80% in inferno, so is it sorta throwaway? I remember reading something random like it only gets useful at really high dps, like 50k+, but I figure if their at that high lvl, they probably have extremely sick weapons anyway, leaving this in sort of a weird limbo.

$80 on RMAH all day, every day.

eek5

Monks have it the same as Barbs, the damage nerf to mobs has made the game so much easier for melee but monks most definitely had it bad. Before the nerf I was pretty decently geared and I could clear Act 2 with relative ease but I could still be 1 shot in Act 3 by certain elites and a certain non elite. As regards to the video of the monk killing Diablo isn't any different to what any geared character could do before the patch. =/

1.0.3 definitely made it easier but gear is a lot cheaper now too. The mid-tier stuff that you used to need to clear pre-1.0.3 act 3 is now is now bottom barrel prices in a much more melee-friendly game. It's basically the same with barbs. Gear that I needed to clear A4i pre-patch sells for like 600k now lol

theta11

1.0.3 definitely made it easier but gear is a lot cheaper now too. The mid-tier stuff that you used to need to clear pre-1.0.3 act 3 is now is now bottom barrel prices in a much more melee-friendly game. It's basically the same with barbs. Gear that I needed to clear A4i pre-patch sells for like 600k now lol

True, and as better gear becomes more accessible the perception of what's necessary to progress also increases.

Dahbomb

omfg I thought it was just my bad luck that I got disconnected lol.

Also, to answer your Q Dahbomb, that was a good ring because it had good str, high res, a socket, and good crit damage increase. good for a barb?
Checked its price on the ah and its a cool 1 million. Probably could've gotten more if I had added a gem to it before selling.

eek5

AJ3Su.jpg

The reduced level requirement is cool, but it's kinda wasted on a weapon like this unless it's 10+. Still a nice find though.

Still decent twink weapon though. 55 is like midway through hell so getting an upgrade like that would make finishing hell really easy.

Acerac

Banned
Just had this drop in a quick run earlier. It seems like the stats would be worth a good amount, but I can't imagine what to price it for. Any ideas?
F0kgl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom