• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Reports of cracks seemed to die off with 1.0.2 or 1.0.2a.

Hummmmmmm.

Is that when the RMAH went live requiring authenticators, and everyone got one? That would explain the reduction in hacking.

Since then Blizzard started advertising authenticators on the login splash page too.

red731

Is that when the RMAH went live requiring authenticators, and everyone got one? That would explain the reduction in hacking.

Since then Blizzard started advertising authenticators on the login splash page too.

Yea, I was happy that they've changed it from buy Diablo III. You know, having Diablo and all already...

red731

That was likely directed at people playing the trial version.

I know and thought about it too, but just a small check from launcher and their own web could change it to something else - like authenticator or if you have one, to other game.

It was nothing tho, just meaningless nitpicking hehe.

Thoraxes

Welp, i'll have to see how my next round of auctions do at their lower prices.

I've had no sales thanks to the hotfixes, so I hope this batch does better. I tried a lot of smaller increment items to sell more for less. I slashed everything in half.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I've had no sales thanks to the hotfixes, so I hope this batch does better. I tried a lot of smaller increment items to sell more for less. I slashed everything in half.

I wouldn't blame it on the hotfixes, I've had no problem selling stuff. Sold ~8 items yesterday evening, woke up with another 5 sold.

Cipherr

Couple good recent items I have gotten in my Act 2 runs:

I just found this:

Y9tRk.jpg

Its much better for a monk, but Ill use it on my Barb for now. It replaced my old weapon which was this:

TH8eJ.jpg

I tossed it on the AH and it sold for 16 million almost instantly

pPOrU.jpg

Guess I under priced it but whatevs. I have a replacement so /shrug.

Also got these two recently:

OiaKD.jpg

That'll probably be my LOH (lol reflect damage) hot swap bow if it doesn't sell.

oUxlx.jpg

Mediocre but not bad.

Still though, I haven't seen any confirmation that 6 prop plans drop in Act 1 or 2 of Inferno, and personally I've gotten a number of 4 and 5 prop plans in act 2, but never a 6 prop plan, whereas I've gotten two 6 prop plans in Act 3. Incidentally *both* of them were from breaking the supply crane that you find in Underbridge, so now I have an incessnt need to break every supply crane I ever come across.

Ive been doing Act 2 to death, and checking my Blacksmith, I have some 5 prop items, bows and whatnot, but not a single 6 prop recipe, so you must be right.

DSmalls84

They need to get the legendary buff out. I found a grandfather in act 1 yesterday and after dII that was pretty disappointing. Really a legendary two hander that does 650 damage?

On a positive note I have found 2 legendaries since the patch and more high level rares

Also if anyone in this thread doesn't have torchlight and is interested in 2 I have an extra steam copy im willing to give away.

eek5

Eh.. I've had no problems selling stuff on AH since the hotfix. It's not like I'm moving really high end items either. I'm basically selling all kinds of random shit

AHloots.jpg

--

Server reboot announcement and I was on Tower of the Damned Level 1 w/ 15 mins to go. Tried to make it to Azmodan; killed 7 packs and skipped one. Got to Cursed L2 and ran into a double pack and wiped with 2 min announcement coming up. Managed to rush back to snipe the elite and two of the blues..

damnit.jpg

so close :( I bet that dude had all kinds of legendaries and set items to drop too :lol It was like crumbling vault 2

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
They need to get the legendary buff out. I found a grandfather in act 1 yesterday and after dII that was pretty disappointing. Really a legendary two hander that does 650 damage?

On a positive note I have found 2 legendaries since the patch and more high level rares

Also if anyone in this thread doesn't have torchlight and is interested in 2 I have an extra steam copy im willing to give away.

Actually found 2 decent legendaries in the same run last night. First one was an int string of ears with 17 MR, and the other one was a 150 dex/vit/crit/mf bracers that sold for like 3 mil.

But yeah, seeing legendary weapons drop is always disappointing. I don't know what they were thinking with those things. Something must've changed pretty dramatically late in the development cycle and they just didn't have time to balance legendaries or something.

Or they're just daft. They didn't see the mass exploitation of barrels and vases and such coming after all, so it's probably that.

theta11

Actually found 2 decent legendaries in the same run last night. First one was an int string of ears with 17 MR, and the other one was a 150 dex/vit/crit/mf bracers that sold for like 3 mil.

But yeah, seeing legendary weapons drop is always disappointing. I don't know what they were thinking with those things. Something must've changed pretty dramatically late in the development cycle and they just didn't have time to balance legendaries or something.

Or they're just daft. They didn't see the mass exploitation of barrels and vases and such coming after all, so it's probably that.

Yeah, earlier this year skills were changed to scale weapon damage only. By then the items would have been in the gear for a long time. Blizzard probably didn't think people would make a big deal about legendaries. :lol

DSmalls84

Yeah I have only kept 1 legendary that has dropped for me and that was the Ageless Might belt. Even then I only kept it because it rolled with 148 str as a random stat and perfect resist all stats for the item. Nice find on the String of Ears though.

So I found an amulet this morning just before coming into work. Didn't get a chance to get a pic of it but curious if it's actually worth something:

Stats
224 Intelligence
224 Vitality
1 Socket
Some percentage of lightning resist...think it was in the 20s but it seemed like a throwaway stat.

Do Wizards care much about vitality?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I found an amulet this morning just before coming into work. Didn't get a chance to get a pic of it but curious if it's actually worth something:

Stats
224 Intelligence
224 Vitality
1 Socket
Some percentage of lightning resist...think it was in the 20s but it seemed like a throwaway stat.

250 US dollars.

And yes, Wizards care about vitality.

DTKT

Stats
224 Intelligence
224 Vitality
1 Socket

High vit and int is good, but you are missing out on IAS, crit chance and crit damage. A wizard using that amulet is missing out on a lot of potential damage.

High vit and int is good, but you are missing out on IAS, crit chance and crit damage. A wizard using that amulet is missing out on a lot of potential damage.
That's what I was thinking too really. Maybe I'll just hold onto it for if I ever decide to play my Wizard more.

scy

If nothing else, it's a goddamn amazing Enchantress Amulet at nearly 560 INT and VIT.

Radec

So.... after these new drop rate changes, even drop rates in Act I/II are being increased? When do they take place?

All acts drop rates are already been increased.

Items

The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:

The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

Hell – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 13.9%, up from 9%
iLvl 62: 3.45%, up from 1.9%
iLvl 63: 0% (no change)

Inferno – Act I

iLvl 61: 23.9%, up from 17.7%
iLvl 62: 12.6%, up from 7.9%
iLvl 63: 4.8%, up from 2.0%

Inferno – Act II

iLvl 61: 23.3%, up from 18.6%
iLvl 62: 18.6%, up from 12.4%
iLvl 63: 9.3%, up from 4.1%

Inferno – Act III and Act IV

iLvl 61: 27.1%, up from 24.1%
iLvl 62: 21.7%, up from 16.1%
iLvl 63: 16.3%, up from 8.0%

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Damn it... there is this dude who I occasionally run act III with, and he just jumps into my act I farming runs and kills things in his fully non-mf gear. I've explained to him that fucks my MF up, but he is just like "oh, okay" and doesn't -get it-.

Not sure what to make of the EU auctionhouse at the moment. Seems like it's been totally taken over by botters or farmers. Prices are ridiculous, even for shitty gear. Often the items are set at strange prices too, not something a human would choose, like whole millions or hunreds of thousands. Instead it's like 6 or 7 random numbers.

I really hope it turns back soon, or at least diversifies a bit.

Finally done with Act2 on Inferno! It went smoothly for the most part, only 4-5 deaths max throughout the entire Act while clearing every pack I saw.
Loot-wise got 2 boots I'm now selling on the AH, and got a Witch Doctor set headpiece (Zunimassa's Attunement) on Zoltun Kulle.
Maghda, Kulle and Belial went down very fast, didn't flinch a bit. Now, I don't think I'm still geared well enough to get through Act3 the same way, but I'll first try and see if I can't manage it after all. If not, I'll need to search for better gear (I know I need to focus on a ring and maybe helm/boots at least)

linsivvi

Damn it... there is this dude who I occasionally run act III with, and he just jumps into my act I farming runs and kills things in his fully non-mf gear. I've explained to him that fucks my MF up, but he is just like "oh, okay" and doesn't -get it-.

Turn off auto join. Make it request only.

Cipherr

Got to turn off that quick join option man. Farming was hell for me until I did that. Friends list folks would hop into my games all over the place.

Edit: More ilvl 60+ items being dumped into the game. Exquisite essence has tanked from 1940 per two days ago to 1360 right now. I mean goddamn.

zoukka

Does someone know of a good leveling guide? No glitches needed, just solid information on what to do to not waste time. I guess the exp gear is the trickiest to handle effectively...

Darkman M

Couple good recent items I have gotten in my Act 2 runs:

TH8eJ.jpg

I tossed it on the AH and it sold for 16 million almost instantly

Mediocre but not bad.

Ive been doing Act 2 to death, and checking my Blacksmith, I have some 5 prop items, bows and whatnot, but not a single 6 prop recipe, so you must be right.

My axe is better then this i think and i bought it for 3 mill awhile back hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom