• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Price Check?
XVBuM.jpg

1MQVs.jpg

Are you serious about the second one? That's vendor trash/leave on the ground. Yeah, repairs are expensive, but if you equip something like that, you're dying because the belt sucks.

scosher

My first decent weapon drop. Kinda tempted to give to my Templar cause of that VIT. But then again, I never use him. But then yet again, I might if he had that Vit and actually survived in melee!

1CMa6.jpg

Dahbomb

On that belt:

1) Pretty sure you can get better items from the vendors making this item worthless.

2) You won't even get someone to buy this item for less than 100G which is the vendor price for it. Pretty sure the AH minimum sell price is 100G.

3) It's LVL62 item so just salvage it. The Essence that you salvage from it is probably worth more than the item itself.

IceMarker

Well then I guess that means 98% of the stuff in my AH stash tab is garbage, blah.

Price checks for the few remaining I think are worthy of a slot?

screenshot005y8j5d.jpg

screenshot006tljlw.jpg

screenshot007l4jue.jpg

screenshot0089ij3m.jpg

screenshot009f1khm.jpg

Cipherr

Unfortnately that item isnt worth anything. He was harsh, but its true. Items like that with one stat/feature arent generally worth much of anything outside of vendoring or salvaging.

The 1H might be worth something though, Im not sure how much.

gaf please help with stats... I keep dyeing on inferno act 2

1) you have 0 LoH. You do have life steal, but life steal is shit without hi dps. And by high i mean minimum 40k.
2) your resists are shit. You need at least 500 (after warcry), but 650 is more comfortable
3) you should use a sword and shield. As you progress into better gear you can change to a 2h build.
4) you need about 15k more hp.
5) you should be using at least 2 of Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, Superstition passives.

As you start satisfying more of these, you can start skimping a little bit to trade for more dps. But this is a good starting point.

In short: do about 20-30 full act 1 clears, sell the good loot, and upgrade every single piece to something better.

No one bothers spending money on low damage weapons since they are pretty useless

Starting out Inferno I went through a couple cheaper weapons when I had no money and before the drops were adjusted, so high-end stuff was rare and expensive, and there simply wasn't that much out there.

But you're right now though with a more saturated market. I think people would have a tough time selling any 2H below 800 DPS at this point (besides bows/xbows which will always conceivably go for more with an equivalent amount of DPS due to quivers) and below 650 DPS for 1Hs. Regardless of the fact that you can clear at least Act 1 with lesser weapons.

It does pretty much almost guarantee any weapon below iLevel 62 will almost certainly be worthless though (certainly 60 and below) because DPS is so important. The same hardly holds true when it comes to armor pieces though (except probably gloves), and we all know amulets and rings can be useful/good far past the item level alone would have you believe.

Proelite

Unfortnately that item isnt worth anything. He was harsh, but its true. Items like that with one stat/feature arent generally worth much of anything outside of vendoring or salvaging.

The 1H might be worth something though, Im not sure how much.

I'll price at 25K gold buyout. I think it's worth at least that much.

syllogism

That crit/explosive blast crit helmet is pretty cute, and actually decent for someone who uses the wicked wind CM build. If there aren't other helmets with that high combined crit, it might be worth something.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
So I'm kiting elites in act 3 inferno, and they're always just behind me keeping up. So I put on boots with movement speed + and they adjust to keep up. Has it always done this?

Trying to get my resist all up. Have a pretty newb feeling question. How do armor and resist all compare? Like, is it worth sacrificing 20 armor for 20 resist all?

LordCanti

Just got Wrath of the Berserker on my Alt Barb.... lol.

Someone should come up with a mod where your toon turns green when that ability is activated.

Atrophis

Euro AH is fucked. There's a message on login about it. 5 unsold items didnt transfer earlier and disappeared. 2 came back but 3 still missing.

Looks like I just sold 2 items but they aren't showing in the completed items list. Hope they do come back, I think one of them sold for 20 mill :/

Dahbomb

it lacks the dex/vit though
Vit isn't that important to Monk. Dex is important yes but if that piece had a lot of Dex it would've been worth a shit ton so some sacrifice had to be made. Plus Dex for defensive purposes really starts to fall after a certain range and you basically need to get the mitigation instead. If he is going for the Sweeping Wind build then that the Crit increase is very valuable.

Not saying that whoever paid for it didn't over pay for it (they clearly did) but the Bracer isn't bad for a particular build if the Dex and Vit is made up in other pieces.

RDreamer

As a monk that can tank and survive act 4 inferno I've become somewhat of a valuable asset to most wizards and demon hunters I run into. I usually get friend requests after games and bugged for doing runs all the time.
It's cool, but it probably means I won't get to play my own DH once she gets to act 4. She's on act 3 now.

Also, how much resists should I be shooting for as a DH as I approach endgame. I tried comparing to a friend of mine and I think I've got better equipment , but I'm not sure. I have more disc, but I think less vit. My armor is pretty good (like 3 or 4 things with + armor). My resists are mid 500s now. Not sure how to raise it much further without sacrificing a lot, since I have high all res on the slots I can afford it (75 on helm ~70 on bracers 60 on shoulders, 50 on belt, etc). My dps I also around 35000 (without sharpshooter, which I don't run with now... Got a cold bow and gonna run cull the weak, or tactical advantage if I die a lot)

x3r0123

@RDreamer my dh is done with inferno and the stats are worse than yours. Except my dmg is 40k

I'm a minute away from sniping something for 1.5 mil l that I can sell for at least 8 mil in gold or a lot more, or rmah.

WISH ME LUCK.

until someone snipes you in the last second

RDreamer

@RDreamer my dh is done with inferno and the stats are worse than yours. Except my dmg is 40k

Awesome. My damage is probably near where I need it to be. If I upgrade a few things to have higher dex I could probably hit that. I have no problems in act 2. Nothing one hits me at all, but I havent tried 3 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom