• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm switching my 2H staff wizard to 1H+source, and rebuilding the whole thing for critical like everyone is doing. Should I start with armor or buying my 1H weapon then source?

Woo-Fu

Banned
The sad part is you can probably file all that stuff under "things that will never get fixed"

I think they'll probably get a decent boost coming out of 1.04. They were already the least played class before the IAS nerf. They don't even need much buffing, they just need some things that don't work properly fixed. Fix the various skills not working properly with procs/damage buffs and make it so pet durability factors in your int, vit, and resists instead of seemingly just your resists at this point.

Hey GAF, I'm pretty clueless on pricing for mojos. What can I get for this?
QmCfB.jpg

Quoting for the new page.

RDreamer

I think they'll probably get a decent boost coming out of 1.04. They were already the least played class before the IAS nerf. They don't even need much buffing, they just need some things that don't work properly fixed. Fix the various skills not working properly with procs/damage buffs and make it so pet durability factors in your int, vit, and resists instead of seemingly just your resists at this point.

Hopefully they do. It's weird that I've only ever seen 1 WD in Act 4 Inferno, and he died a few times and left. Saw plenty of DHs, Wizs, Barbs, and some Monks.

My own WD is pretty stuck in Act 2. I keep trying to buy him things and try different builds but it all just ends terribly.

bs000

I've never sold an unID item but if I did I wouldn't stick around to see them ID it for this reason alone :lol

What I do is, I whisper the seller afterwards and show them the best item I can find on the AH.

No I don't.

Dahbomb

Hit the act 3 wall. Shit just got real.

I think I have reached my limit now as far as AH-less Inferno Monk is concerned. Either I start using the One with Everything cookie cutter build for Monk or start using LOH weapons or start using the AH.

Anyone got a good Act 2 Elite hunt run? I am thinking Start of Act 2 use some way points to clear areas in Act 2 and then go all the way ZK.

RDreamer

Sweet, grabbed a 950 damage crossbow with 100 dex and a socket (already fitted with a 60% crit damage gem). The cool part is that it's cold damage! Every time I look for a new bow for my DH I try to grab cold damage, but have never seen one this high.

Hit the act 3 wall. Shit just got real.

Yeah, stuck at the very end of Act 3. Found an awesome party with a really good Barb and Monk and we still didn't stand a chance. Not really sure what to do. I can't even really find anything I really want off the auction house.

Guess I'll keep grinding away for gold for now.

Looks like a really good way to lose an AH slot for 36 hours!

Now I want to go buy some unIDs just to do this to people :lol

Heh, not like I really have anything better to sell anyway considering that was the best item I found throughout the entire day yesterday. I have terrible luck. I don't even know why I'm still playing this damn game.

eek5

Heh, not like I really have anything better to sell anyway considering that was the best item I found throughout the entire day yesterday. I have terrible luck. I don't even know why I'm still playing this damn game.

Mojos are ridiculously hard to sell on AH. I've listed mana regen/crit ones with good rolls and they just expired with no bids/buyout. I just stash them now until Blizz fixes WDs and/or AH

Rufus

Anyone got a good Act 2 Elite hunt run? I am thinking Start of Act 2 use some way points to clear areas in Act 2 and then go all the way ZK.
Start at Quest 8, Realm of Shadow. Clear the Oasis, including any dungeons or caves, then Road to Alcarnus, the area before Maghda (optionally include the Canyon and Mines, the areas are all fairly small), then go to the archives, clear all sections of it and finish with Zulle. If you can do Belial quickly, finish with him instead. There's a guaranteed elite right before him, anyway, so you might want to go there regardless.

Act 2 isn't that great for easy farming, I find. Everything's much more spread out than in Act 1.

IceMarker

I don't get how you guys are selling stuff so easily in AH, I have a bunch of items up right now for way cheaper than usual with decent stats with almost everything having All Resist on Armor and minimum 600 dps 1H weapons and minimum 700 dps 2H for less than 50,000g (in most cases) each.

Examples:
screenshot0047pkks.jpg

19,440g (10x vendor price)

screenshot005idk0g.jpg

11,630g (10x vendor price)

My most expensive listed item is the only 1000dps weapon I've had drop for me so far:
screenshot003hcki4.jpg

650,000g (Priced lower than similar dps 2H dex axes. Or at least was when listed.)

I don't get how you guys are selling stuff so easily in AH, I have a bunch of items up right now for way cheaper than usual with decent stats with almost everything having All Resist on Armor and minimum 600 dps 1H weapons and minimum 700 dps 2H for less than 50,000g each.

No one bothers spending money on low damage weapons since they are pretty useless

eek5

Start at Soulstone Chamber quest.

1) Sewers (small area) 1-2 champ close to WP
2) Black Canyon Mines -
2a)Check SW corner for cellar. Go into cellar and if there is no barricade kill the purple and go into cave. Resplendent and 1-3 champ inside
2b) BCM area should have 1-2 champs
3) Road to Alcarnus - Check perimeter for goblin. If no goblin head towards Magdha lair. Only check the first area (not past the second barricade) There is never champ there. Should be 1-2 champs
4) Path to Oasis
4a) From WP head down sewers. Small area with 1-3 champs
4b) Back to WP go check rainbow merchant spots. Then head NW and check for dungeons. NOTE: only do this area if you can skip past trash mobs. The dungeons are good and champs are easy but it's slow going if you have to stop to clear every white. (Doubl elever dungeon, Tomb of Khan Dakab, has a resplendent that will drop 2-3 rares so always do that one
5) Ancient Path - Check for goblin on switchbacks then head north to Desolate sands
6) There are 2-3 dungeons here. Again, I'd only do this if you can get past trash mobs easily get past trahs mobs.
6a) Save Vault of the Assassin for last. After you clear the other dungeons hit up VotA and get the checkpoint at the entrance. Clear the area (4-6 stacks). When you're done leave the game, reload, and clear VotA again then go back to 1

The second time clear up to 6a then do ZK and start the cycle again. The second run I'd avoid doing Desolate sands altogether but you can do it if you want both times. On the second run you can finish with Magdha too. I skip it with my Monk because my dps is too low and it takes too long (3 bomb phases bleh) but I do it on my barb.

I don't get how you guys are selling stuff so easily in AH, I have a bunch of items up right now for way cheaper than usual with decent stats with almost everything having All Resist on Armor and minimum 600 dps 1H weapons and minimum 700 dps 2H for less than 50,000g (in most cases) each.

I don't get it either. I guess we just don't get what's valuable. I know I don't waste my time with any weapons that don't have great DPS. But, I've put up what I thought was good armor pieces for 1.25 and watched them not sell.

Dahbomb

2) Black Canyon Mines -
2a)Check SW corner for cellar. Go into cellar and if there is no barricade kill the purple and go into cave. Resplendent and 1-3 champ inside
3) Road to Alcarnus - Check perimeter for goblin. If no goblin head towards Magdha lair. Only check the first area (not past the second barricade) There is never champ there. Should be 1-2 champs
4) Path to Oasis
4b) Back to WP go check rainbow merchant spots. Then head NW and check for dungeons. NOTE: only do this area if you can skip past trash mobs. The dungeons are good and champs are easy but it's slow going if you have to stop to clear every white. (Doubl elever dungeon, Tomb of Khan Dakab, has a resplendent that will drop 2-3 rares so always do that one
5) Ancient Path - Check for goblin on switchbacks then head north to Desolate sands
6) There are 2-3 dungeons here. Again, I'd only do this if you can get past trash mobs easily get past trahs mobs.
6a) Save Vault of the Assassin for last. After you clear the other dungeons hit up VotA and get the checkpoint at the entrance. Clear the area (4-6 stacks). When you're done leave the game, reload, and clear VotA again then go back to 1

The second time clear up to 6a then do ZK and start the cycle again. The second run I'd avoid doing Desolate sands altogether but you can do it if you want both times.
Thanks this is exactly what I needed.

2) Black Canyon Mines -
4) Path to Oasis

The second time clear up to 6a then do ZK and start the cycle again. The second run I'd avoid doing Desolate sands altogether but you can do it if you want both times. On the second run you can finish with Magdha too. I skip it with my Monk because my dps is too low and it takes too long (3 bomb phases bleh) but I do it on my barb.

Thanks for this.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Act 2 isn't that great for easy farming, I find. Everything's much more spread out than in Act 1.
Not true, you just have to know where the elites are.

Here is what I do:

1. Select last quest in act2. The two extra NPCs provide a bit of DPS/distraction for you, at least in the overland areas.

2. (Optional) If you like fighting in tight areas there are 1-2 elites in sewers and sewers is tiny for a dungeon map.

3. Black Canyon Mines. 2-3 elites in this area with 2 typically just a screen away from the waypoint.

4. Road to Alcarnus. 1-2 elites across the bridge in town.

5. (Optional) Khasim Outpost. Is often one elite just south of the waypoint. There is also a random dungeon just to the south now and then which will have elites and an rchest.

6. Desolate Sands. From here you need to find Vault of the Assassin, which has more elites in it than any other dungeon in the game as far as I can tell.

The trick with this run is if you exit the game after clearing Vault of the Assassin on your next game you'll start in it, meaning you don't have to find it, saving a lot of time/headaches. What I do is start another game then TP to town, then just use the waypoints for 1-5, then use my TP from town back to VoA to finish up.

This is 15-20 elite packs in ~30 minutes, I'd estimate. Time will depend on how good you are at killing Act II elites.

Woo-Fu

Banned

All your examples are shit.

For 1 hander don't bother unless it is over 800 DPS UNLESS it has a ton of LoH, at which point you can sell just about anything over 600 or so.

For 2 hander other than xbow don't even bother at all unless it is god-like. Next to nobody uses 2-handers other than xbow so demand is low and supply is high. Anything that isn't godly isn't going to bring much coin even if you do sell it so why waste an AH slot on it?

The problem isn't your pricing, the problem is that nobody wants what you're selling, at any price.

Your "10x vendor pricing" rule is a bad idea, btw, as it ignores market value. Market value isn't set by vendors, it is set by players. If you want to successfully price your wares you need to take your cues from what players are paying, not from what vendors are paying.

Not true, you just have to know where the elites are.

Here is what I do:

1. Select last quest in act2. The two extra NPCs provide a bit of DPS/distraction for you, at least in the overland areas.

2. (Optional) If you like fighting in tight areas there are 1-2 elites in sewers and sewers is tiny for a dungeon map.

3. Black Canyon Mines. 2-3 elites in this area with 2 typically just a screen away from the waypoint.

4. Road to Alcarnus. 1-2 elites across the bridge in town.

5. (Optional) Khasim Outpost. Is often one elite just south of the waypoint. There is also a random dungeon just to the south now and then which will have elites and an rchest.

6. Desolate Sands. From here you need to find Vault of the Assassin, which has more elites in it than any other dungeon in the game as far as I can tell.

The trick with this run is if you exit the game after clearing Vault of the Assassin on your next game you'll start in it, meaning you don't have to find it, saving a lot of time/headaches. What I do is start another game then TP to town, then just use the waypoints for 1-5, then use my TP from town back to VoA to finish up.

This is 15-20 elite packs in ~30 minutes, I'd estimate. Time will depend on how good you are at killing Act II elites.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here, but Leah and Adria aren't following me if I venture off the set path.

Dahbomb

Yeah vendor prices don't mean shit. I got a Mojo that according to the Vendor is worth 2000 G. Except that if I put it on the AH for even at that price it wouldn't even sell for 2000 much less 2x, 5x or 10x of vendor price.

Any weapon with less than 600 DPS is automatically vendor or salvage (salvage anything that is 61+). Discounting super high end rolls, an item should have at least 3 good affixes on it to be sellable. After that it just varies from item to item what the minimum stats should be for it to be AH worthy. It's usually not worth the AH slot if you think you can make 4x the amount of vendor sale price especially if the vendor price is like 500-1000. That shit is chump change, you can get that much gold from playing the game for 5 minutes.

Yeah vendor prices don't mean shit. I got a Mojo that according to the Vendor is worth 2000 G. Except that if I put it on the AH for even at that price it wouldn't even sell for 2000 much less 2x, 5x or 10x of vendor price.
indeed. It works both ways too, look at the amulet I just posted, vendor price is 945. LOLZZ I can sell that shit for an obscene amount.

Dahbomb

Obviously it works both ways, I have sold vendor items that are priced at 1000 G for like 300-500K. Although anytime I get a 2000 G worth vendor item I look over it again to see if I missed something because that's the range where the good items usually come from because they have the item level and affixes to be a potential good item.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
gaf please help with stats... I keep dyeing on inferno act 2

You need about +600 all resist and +3k armor. When buffed my melee wizard has 7.8k armor and 1000 all resist, which is what I need to play for act3/4.

Go back to act 1 and farm to get gold. Prices for mid tier inferno stuff have dropped dramatically. By mid tier I mean +40 all resist, +100 primary stat, +100 vit. +70/200/200 is still going to be millions.

I cannot tell you anymore than that. Haven't played barb. But I think regardless of your strat that your equipment is simply inadequate. You're supposed to be a tank but you're taking way too much damage.

For wizards critical chance/damage is the shit. Not sure what barbs go for.

Also if you haven't bought more tabs in your stash, do so. Because you'll need different item sets for different areas/bosses. I have 3 sets:
1. Critical chance/hit
2. Life regen.
3. Tank (all resist, armor, INT, VIT).

I could not come remotely close to beating ghom until I built up my regen set. Though barbs have some skill that makes ghom easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom